Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to 2006.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    if the expansion was about elf x elf it would be completely boring, uninspiring and cringe
    and sell the best, netting the most profit

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    People like good looking characters that aren't plain humanoids more news at 11.
    They are the definition of plain humanoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Because elves are a generic and bland race with the worst fanbase ever and are always popular because of tolkien and other generic franchises who make then perfect dolls
    I find wow elves fascinating, especially the darker ones. Void elves with the whole void thing. Nightnelves with the whole star and moon thing and their very broad cultural range from arcane, to nature to Elune and the moon and Illidari and the fel.

Quote Originally Posted by Alleria Windrunner View Post
    The most beautiful, intelligent and powerful race is the most played. What a surprise.

Not really. Humans are generic goody goody two shoes and Orcs are ugly monsters. Now watch, as Void Elves dethrone Humans as the most played race at level 120.
    Velves are behind rep gating, so I suspect no.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felrush View Post
    Humans are by far the most boring of all the races. Same goes for Orcs when it comes to the Horde.
    Yup. Wow's humans are 50 shades of British while the orcs are axe muppets. It gets old.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    How long can it take to get exalted with a faction that was released more than a year ago?
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    I am, primarily because of early Warcraft games, leaning towards wanting to see a trio of humans, dwarves and elves, as opposed to orcs and trolls working with elves. I also like seeing orcs and trolls stick together and I prefer their warrior-styled, shamanistic and overall tribal theme. The blood elves and night elves deserved to be running their own show individually too as they have very specific themes of their own. Seeing these concepts clearly put appart is something I know we most likely will never see happening in World of Warcraft.
    And this is what i love about the Warcraft elves.

The night elves, both shal'dorei and kaldorei have a fascinating unique night world of nature and arcane and their whole vibe - druids, highborne, priestesses, demon hunters, their enemies like Naga and Satyr, the Legion, their principals, fighting addiction, arrogance and recklessness, their lands have a unique feel and look from spectacular forests to cities all night based with star and moon themes, unique animals like Moonkin, Furbolg, walking trees, Cenarians, Panthers and cats, chimera, faeries dragons, blue and green dragons.

It's such a different world to the high elf world with humans and trolls, the light, sun, frost and fire magic, blood magic, Paladins and priests, high elves, scourge, fel elves, dark fallen, Lordaeron, Dalaran, Tirisfal etc. Duch contrast.

Highborne vs High elf
    Suramar vs Silvermoon
    Druids vs Farstriders
    Moon Priestesses vs Blood Knights

For the first time in fantasy elves dont feel generic, they have several variations, very defined aesthetics, cultures, and a huge range, and yet they have a feel of being elven too.

Sure the lines are a bit more blurred now than they were before, originally night elves came across as this intense extreme group in anything they did, they were portrayed as taking arcane to the extreme in some wonder arcane civilization, which they lost and had to ban arcane taking nature to extreme in some wonder nature existence, everything about them was extreme and contrasting, savage yet cultured, fierce yet gentle and serene, it's like high elves were humanized elves and night elves were what elvenhood was really like

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    What in the fuck?
    Expansion.. typo + auto correct

Quote Originally Posted by saintminya View Post
    Replaced? When were humans the favorites?
    According to realmpop humans are the most popular race in the EU (before belves), belves in US (before humans), followed by nelves on both EU and US.

Yeah, 2 of the 3 most popular races are elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I find wow elves fascinating, especially the darker ones. Void elves with the whole void thing. Nightnelves with the whole star and moon thing and their very broad cultural range from arcane, to nature to Elune and the moon and Illidari and the fel.
    At least the elf variations are the most popular allied races on both sides, so yay for more elves

Next: World of Elfcraft

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleria Windrunner View Post
    The most beautiful, intelligent and powerful race is the most played. What a surprise.

Not really. Humans are generic goody goody two shoes and Orcs are ugly monsters. Now watch, as Void Elves dethrone Humans as the most played race at level 120.
    I am constantly baffled why you aren't restricted to the lore forum only....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering we are in a troll/human exap sion, there are more lore and story topics made about elves than any other race.

Yet the elves are completely dominated by the alliance and horde narrative.

How?
    RPG's always has favorites.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    How?
    Because elves are attractive fantasy material across nearly every IP, movie and book series you can think of. Playing a human in a fantasy game is fine but it's FANTASY for fuck's sake. Orcs are more tribal, less attractive physically, and despite the Blizzard lore about honor carry the "villain" card in nearly every fantasy movie/book in existence. Blizzard has played that card from time to time, especially with Garrosh.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

5+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla races have very little background, except (surprise, surprise) humans and orcs. The former are bland as bland can be, while the latter seem to have a complete personality flip flop every other xpac. Truth be said, WC3 NEs were militant, xenophobic assholes, but at least they had a clear personality - which faded off quite a bit in WoW.

Another example. Upon their introduction in BC, Draenei were portrayed as generic, sanctimonious do-gooders, while BEs were arrogant but desperate addicts who had endured the heaviest losses against Arthas, having to fight both for their survival and against their traitorous leader. Which one is more interesting?

Pandas... are just pandas, they must be the least played race ever.

And now in Legion/BfA, there are generic reskins like HM taurens or DI dwarves. At least, Nightborne in the Horde and VEs in the alliance have some (mildly) interesting story behind them, unlike the rest of Legion's allied races.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Deleted
    Did you miss the whole Darkshore/Teldrassil thing? O.o

What about the Nightborne in Legion?
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-12-29 at 11:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saintminya View Post
    Replaced? When were humans the favorites?
    ^this right here.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy all the races. I can say without a doubt that every race has sufficient screen time, and the elves aren't at the top of that. The only exception to this are the Gnomes, Pandas, and to a slightly lesser extent the Goblins and Tauren.

7+ Year Old Account
    well yeah cause humans racials got nerf'd all humans good for is rep bonus
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

10+ Year Old Account

People like playing as pretty boys and QT3.14s who would have thought that was the most popular race in the game?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    It's already incredibly easy to gain rep for argussian outreach or whatever the name is. You get 100 for every quest and 250 bonus rep for killing elites. At 120 this is trivial. I suspect they will remove the rep requirement entirely at one point or another for the Legion races.

I think the saddest thing is that the Horde has been hijacked by former Alliance members.

I'm still wondering where he pulled his data to speak for me or other people.