Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    You aren't looking at all the variables.
    Wildstar was designed for a niche market that they thought was waaaay bigger than it was. Wildstar was supposed to be a huge game with 500k+ subs and that audience just isn't there for a hardcore mmorpg. Or maybe it would be if Wildstars launch wasn't a huge disaster.
    Pantheon is a smaller dev team with a smaller budget and no corporate publisher above them demanding certain sales requirements.
    problem is, it also means smaller player base, so unless you're going in with friends already it may be hard to get into.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tubeamp View Post
    This is untrue information. VIP was never p2w, and has been changed to appease the idiots who thought so. If you don't know what you're talking about please don't say anything.
    So it was never P2W, but they changed it anyway? Sounds like bullshit to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    problem is, it also means smaller player base, so unless you're going in with friends already it may be hard to get into.
    Smaller playerbase doesn't really mean it won't be active, if you have 1 server with 5k concurrent players it won't feel dead or empty at all.

Random numbers obviously but my point stands.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Smaller playerbase doesn't really mean it won't be active, if you have 1 server with 5k concurrent players it won't feel dead or empty at all.

Random numbers obviously but my point stands.
    I hope it succeeds, I'm just well prepared for it to fail, that's all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope it succeeds, I'm just well prepared for it to fail, that's all.
    Something will eventually stick(I hope anyways...)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Something will eventually stick(I hope anyways...)
    What sucks is, no matter what, if it doesn't have "millions of players" people will say it failed... WoW has broken us.

What sucks is, no matter what, if it doesn't have "millions of players" people will say it failed... WoW has broken us.
    That is just from people not understanding there is a development POV other than AAA. You won't fail if you maintain a reasonable budget and expenses are in line with the userbase size you have. EVE Online has been running for 15+ years and they never had more than 350-400k users or so AFAIK. Heck, Ultima Online is still going and that has probably hovered around 50k users for ages now.

Yeah, you aren't going to get AAA graphics, but if you're in it for a certain gameplay niche and the company wants to cater to that instead of chasing All-The-Money in AAA, there will be a sustainable business plan to be made for that.

Crowfall’s promotional material sure makes some beautiful promises!

The idea of being able to claim land in the open world for your own player run faction sounds exciting, but no mmo other than EVE online has ever successfully delivered on it, that I know of.

If it ever comes out it will have big expectations to try to meet.

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    Centaur, minotaur, hamster looking race, and Elken are all very unique.
    Minotaur: WoW has Tauren. Not that unique.
    Guinecean and elken: they're animal races. What exactly are "unique" about those? Several MMOs have anthro races. WoW have Tauren and Pandaren, TERA has Popori, etc.
    Centaur: like I said, I give that one.

But, again: four of twelve races being "sorta unique", with only one being "truly unique", hardly qualifies Crowfall as having "races that are incredibly unique".

Did you just pick and choose the races that would support you devils advocate argument.
    Do you even know what "devil's advocate" mean? Anyways, I didn't "pick and choose". I simply pointed out that eight out of twelve races (2/3 of them) are simple "same-y" races: three humans, four elves, one dwarf.

Humans, Elves and Dwarves are kind of a staple in these types of games so you expect that but I did like the different takes on them.
    Yes, they are staple. But in a game you claim having "unique races" I'd expect that less than literally half of its current race roster were humans and elves.

I'd expect a game with "unique races" would have at least half of its race roster comprised of unique races, not commonly seen in other games: races with natural wings to fly; races with more than one pair of arms; races with snake tails instead of legs. The centaur race is the only one that is truly unique in that roster.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2018-12-29 at 11:27 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Minotaur are not unique. Humanoid beast races are not unique. Have you played WoW at all?
    The guineapig race is your standard fair cute race that every Asian MMO has, like there's almost a law about how they have them... Seriously, look at Asian MMO's. There's always the cute, often chubby animal race. Nothing unique about it.
    Centaur break the mold, that I can give you.

So pointing out something not being true is now some argumentative fallacy? And yet here you are yourself, stating that Crowfall looks pretty terrible. But still somehow arguing against the poster who also said it. So who's really doing the devils advocate argument?
    Humanoid beast races are unique. Again, and I feel like i'm repeating myself here, much better than the eastern mmo race "differences"

And just because there's usually a cute small race with big ears doesn't mean it's not unique. I think they are. Boom.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Minotaur: WoW has Tauren. Not that unique.
    Guinecean and elken: they're animal races. What exactly are "unique" about those? Several MMOs have anthro races. WoW have Tauren and Pandaren, TERA has Popori, etc.
    Centaur: like I said, I give that one.

But, again: four of twelve races being "sorta unique", with only one being "truly unique", hardly qualifies Crowfall as having "races that are incredibly unique".

Do you even know what "devil's advocate" mean? Anyways, I didn't "pick and choose". I simply pointed out that eight out of twelve races (2/3 of them) are simple "same-y" races: three humans, four elves, one dwarf.

Yes, they are staple. But in a game you claim having "unique races" I'd expect that less than literally half of its current race roster were humans and elves.

I'd expect a game with "unique races" would have at least half of its race roster comprised of unique races, not commonly seen in other games: races with natural wings to fly; races with more than one pair of arms; races with snake tails instead of legs. The centaur race is the only one that is truly unique in that roster.
    Respectfully I disagree with just about everything you said Thanks for your time though good sir.

And this thread was not here for people to show up with nothing better to do than nit pick and argue with someone, so i'm shutting that down now. Thanks to those that have helped give me some insight in to these games though, very good input.
    Last edited by Highelf; 2018-12-29 at 11:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Crowfall is turning out rather nicely, i logged into my beta account a few days ago after not looking at it for 6 months at least and the game is progressing nicely. I know some others that are dedicating a lot more time in it and they generally seek out MMO PvP games on a Guild vs Guild scale and they are happy with the progress made.

The concept behind Crowfall with two types of worlds, one where you can build your own little haven of peace, even your guild can have such a realm and another world inflicted by "the hunger" what is the general NPC 'baddie', paired with other parameters of what is allowed there and and what is not, makes it an interesting Faction vs Faction vs Faction setup. Also those worlds are limited in time so before they begin to stagnate things are reset to a point.

Now the real question here is will they have enough players and guilds to maintain and grow their game to fill these worlds.

Beyond that i like the skill tree's, you passively and actively build up points but they are still a work in progress, now this is the sort of mmo you will need to read up on some theorycrafting and things will be min-maxed

I supported it because it tries something new and instead of buying trash like Destiny or yet another version of CoD, or "the limited in time WoW digital goods bundle" you get a game and are supporting an untested concept.

I do recommend if you look into such a game and intend to play it seriously to join a guild that knows what they are doing in such games, it will enhance your experience significantly, as sandbox'esque games do require you to be playing in a group. As while you can go solo, you end up grinding everything on your own. Discovering everything on your own and in a 'band of brothers' these games are vastly more fun.

I belong to a community that participates in these type of games, they currently are active on the Order side in Beta. Due to it only being beta they only have around 20 active players right now i think, i tend to only take a glance at the game now and then to not spoil it all come launch
    Last edited by Acidbaron; 2018-12-29 at 11:50 PM.

Respectfully I disagree with just about everything you said Thanks for your time though good sir.
    You can disagree if you want, but we're talking facts here. The roster of races of Crowfall are not really unique other than the centaur race. Good day, I guess.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Crowfall is turning out rather nicely, i logged into my beta account a few days ago after not looking at it for 6 months at least and the game is progressing nicely. I know some others that are dedicating a lot more time in it and they generally seek out MMO PvP games on a Guild vs Guild scale and they are happy with the progress made.

The concept behind Crowfall with two types of worlds, one where you can build your own little haven of peace, even your guild can have such a realm and another world inflicted by "the hunger" what is the general NPC 'baddie', paired with other parameters of what is allowed there and and what is not, makes it an interesting Faction vs Faction vs Faction setup. Also those worlds are limited in time so before they begin to stagnate things are reset to a point.

Now the real question here is will they have enough players and guilds to maintain and grow their game to fill these worlds.

Beyond that i like the skill tree's, you passively and actively build up points but they are still a work in progress, now this is the sort of mmo you will need to read up on some theorycrafting and things will be min-maxed

I supported it because it tries something new and instead of buying trash like Destiny or yet another version of CoD, or "the limited in time WoW digital goods bundle" you get a game and are supporting an untested concept.

I do recommend if you look into such a game and intend to play it seriously to join a guild that knows what they are doing in such games, it will enhance your experience significantly, as sandbox'esque games do require you to be playing in a group. As while you can go solo, you end up grinding everything on your own. Discovering everything on your own and in a 'band of brothers' these games are vastly more fun.

I belong to a community that participates in these type of games, they currently are active on the Order side in Beta. Due to it only being beta they only have around 20 active players right now i think, i tend to only take a glance at the game now and then to not spoil it all come launch

Yeah a guild I think would go a really long ways in a pvp mmo. The closest I've been to a pvp mmo was GW2 and that got old real fast for me.

You can build you own world? Like, say, Rift?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah a guild I think would go a really long ways in a pvp mmo. The closest I've been to a pvp mmo was GW2 and that got old real fast for me.

You can build you own world? Like, say, Rift?
    I don't know how it worked in Rift and when i tried it in beta it wasn't accessible. Essentially the buildings that you can buy in their store, the plot of lands those are things you obtain in your "safe zone" world.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I don't know how it worked in Rift and when i tried it in beta it wasn't accessible. Essentially the buildings that you can buy in their store, the plot of lands those are things you obtain in your "safe zone" world.
    Wow I must've missed that detail. That's pretty cool. Maybe I'll give it a chance.

15+ Year Old Account
    Crowfall, Camelot Unchained, Pantheon, and Chronicles of Elyria
    Crowfall has looked like a bad indie game from the start. The graphics are pretty shitty and the game play is crap too. https://crowfall.com/en/media/videos/

Camelot Unchained has very outdated graphics and it hasn't even been released yet. The gameplay looks bad. It is a solely pvp game that lacks to provide anything that Warhammer brought to the table. https://camelotunchained.com/v3/media/videos/ (filter the selection of "gameplay" to see actual gameplay footage)

Pantheon has badly outdated graphics and very little else has been released about the game to make it stand out from the dozens of other MMOs out there. http://pantheonmmo.com/media/video/

Chronicles of Elyria just sounds horrible from the start and looks just as bad. The graphics looks worse than EQ2 yet it is a new game with a lot of customization. The fact that your character WILL have an expiration date makes progression in the game pointless. This is a big NOPE in my books. https://chroniclesofelyria.com/media/videos

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Crowfall has looked like a bad indie game from the start. The graphics are pretty shitty and the game play is crap too. https://crowfall.com/en/media/videos/

Camelot Unchained has very outdated graphics and it hasn't even been released yet. The gameplay looks bad. It is a solely pvp game that lacks to provide anything that Warhammer brought to the table. https://camelotunchained.com/v3/media/videos/ (filter the selection of "gameplay" to see actual gameplay footage)

Pantheon has badly outdated graphics and very little else has been released about the game to make it stand out from the dozens of other MMOs out there. http://pantheonmmo.com/media/video/

Chronicles of Elyria just sounds horrible from the start and looks just as bad. The graphics looks worse than EQ2 yet it is a new game with a lot of customization. The fact that your character WILL have an expiration date makes progression in the game pointless. This is a big NOPE in my books. https://chroniclesofelyria.com/media/videos
    Pantheon doesn't look too bad and MMOs aren't really supposed to be top notch in graphics like at all(Yes i know Black Desert tried going against that trend but w/e) Elyria really doesn't look like EQ2... I dunno what you see.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by natpick View Post
    agreed regarding crowfall it has vip pay to win features,look it up,this game will fail in months of release trust me,regarding camelot unchained im more optimistic about it,if you like large scale siege stuff with not alot of pve,similar to warhammer online,youll likely enjoy it.
    Yup. Crowfall's F2P model is far too P2W, everytime I see a clip of the game devs talking about monetization I am more convinced they are just far too eager for the big payout and aren't in it for the long haul. Which is a big let down considering it will hold back what could have been a great game.

Also if you are looking for old school EQ era MMO style Pantheon has my vote for worth the hype ATM. I play a lot of old games so 'outdated graphics' really isn't a big concern, and they still have some big graphical updates coming anyway.

Also I think Camelot Unchained will get boring really fast without a PVE element backing the RvR.
    Last edited by Vlaid; 2018-12-30 at 02:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i will play them both.

crowfall soon-ish...

camelot unchained... maybe on my 40th birthday, and half of it's features would still be in developlent.

but fyi, the owner of crowfall, has pretty much stated on vid that their launch and payment models, are almost P2W.
    at least he was honest. we should appreciate that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow I must've missed that detail. That's pretty cool. Maybe I'll give it a chance.
    They are called eternal kingdoms, you should be able to find information on that easier now you know the official ingame term.