Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Meeting Stone did exactly that for classic though. You basically "queue'd" up for a Dungeon either at the Meeting Stone of the dungeon, or at the innkeeper in the zone of that dungeon. Unless I remember incorrectly. At least that is how it worked on the classic demo as well for Deadmines.
    If that work as you say its ok for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    What patch was it when you could start inspecting people? I remember when you didnt even know what gear people had and could only tell by the way it looked.
    iirc you could inspect allied ppl since release, i can tell you this because i used to inspect ppl with flashy raid gear, you couldn't inspect other faction though
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    If that work as you say its ok for me.
    I can't remember all details, since I hardly used it at all in classic. I might have viewed it once or twice. The issue back then was that you had to go there, but there is nothing to do other than wait if you did. Which is why most players stood around in cities announcing in chat that they were looking for group. I don't think that will change, and that is the issue with the old system.

Masses of Xiaos on non Chinese servers
    Gold sellers/wow token, definitely won’t be able to eliminate both though
    DO NOT INVENT A GEARSCORE ADDON AND HAVE CHAT LOOKING LIKE WARMANE WITH A SPAM OF “LFM GS REQ xxxx /WAVE AT THRALL FOR INSPECTION” because goddamn that shit has no place in vanilla
    No Mara/DM at launch trivializing some of the raid content
    Obviously no auto group
    Obviously no added FPs or GYs
    Obviously no dual spec
    Obviously no flying
    Obviously no sharding after the first 1-2 weeks
    Obviously no cross realm, 2 server battlegroups at worst

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gjin View Post
    90% of those players will stop play after level 30
    There is zero chance those people reach 30

Quote Originally Posted by MardestyGSOG View Post
    Masses of Xiaos on non Chinese servers
    Gold sellers/wow token, definitely won’t be able to eliminate both though
    DO NOT INVENT A GEARSCORE ADDON AND HAVE CHAT LOOKING LIKE WARMANE WITH A SPAM OF “LFM GS REQ xxxx /WAVE AT THRALL FOR INSPECTION” because goddamn that shit has no place in vanilla
    No Mara/DM at launch trivializing some of the raid content
    Obviously no auto group
    Obviously no added FPs or GYs
    Obviously no dual spec
    Obviously no flying
    Obviously no sharding after the first 1-2 weeks
    Obviously no cross realm, 2 server battlegroups at worst
    - - - Updated - - -

There is zero chance those people reach 30
    We all know that a system like gearscore/inspection will happen. You’ll most likely need most parts of tier 0 to get into any 58-60 dungeon if you are a little bit behind the curve.

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    We all know that a system like gearscore/inspection will happen. You’ll most likely need most parts of tier 0 to get into any 58-60 dungeon if you are a little bit behind the curve.
    And it will be absolute cancer. You’re gonna have people who have never really played vanilla turning down a mage for a rogue because of a 50 gearscore difference, and when the group fails because there’s no CC they will be dumbfounded as to why...

Gearscore truly has NO place in vanilla. It’s a different goddamn breed of game, does gearscore account for required consumables? Does it account for utility that is fully required? Does it account for group optimization? Gearscore does none of this, “bring the player not the class” allows for gearscore, vanilla is nothing like that

And it will be absolute cancer. You’re gonna have people who have never really played vanilla turning down a mage for a rogue because of a 50 gearscore difference, and when the group fails because there’s no CC they will be dumbfounded as to why...

Gearscore truly has NO place in vanilla. It’s a different goddamn breed of game, does gearscore account for required consumables? Does it account for utility that is fully required? Does it account for group optimization? Gearscore does none of this, “bring the player not the class” allows for gearscore, vanilla is nothing like that
    I can’t agree more. I remember healing most 58-60 dungeons in greens with the rest of the party in greens as well and we managed.

But sadly the approach to the game has changed and meta gaming didn’t really exist in vanilla. But we can always hope that without cross realm grouping it will be harder to find well equipped players and requirements will be lowered or you won’t be able to form a group,

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Bring the score/competence and not allow a player a shot based on chat/armory alone. Gatekeeping is the bane of any multiplayer game and it's a fine line between being in the right or just a presumptuous dick getting ready to swat osama instead of passing time and having fun playing a videogame. If you find people to be suck-asses everywhere you're probably one of the assholes causing the problem. If you're looking to compete just be upfront about it, most people are just looking to chill, learn, see and experience something new.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Any form of sharding. They killed server communites in order to create server efficiency. Worst trade in history. Maybe ever.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

It doesn't even account for gear optimization and does more harm than good in the hands of noobs thinking ilvl is everything while disregarding skill or game-knowledge completely.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardRoe View Post
    Any form of sharding. They killed server communites in order to create server efficiency. Worst trade in history. Maybe ever.
    I second this. Realm forums and the realm irc chats were amazing. To this day I remember players from the opposing faction on my realm in vanilla and TBC. Now I hardly know who play in my guild. They should’ve just merged low pop/dead realms instead of the cross realm sharding.

10+ Year Old Account
    of all the things that Blizzard is still "on the fence" about, Sharding.

Everything else mentioned so far on Page 1 is not going to be in here except that.

LFG will exist as the LookingForGroup Channel and Trade Chat. Yay "LF1M ROGUE WITH KEY TO UBRS FELSTRIKER RESERVED"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dRk View Post
    So Brazilians must be hated because they are toxic (so you say) so let's be toxic to all Brazilians. Enjoy your report.
    I've never had a single GOOD Latin American in my M+ Pugs.

Explain to the druid tank to go cat form and follow the dog in Freehold. "puto pero" was all he said back. then we wiped cause he pulled more than he could handle.

Since then if you're from the LA servers I don't give a fuck if you're a tank and we need you, DECLINED. Fuck the language barrier.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

One thing I don't want in classic would be people that complain about WoW from this site.

Quote Originally Posted by francism View Post
    New content. Whatever they add will have new gear associated with it and that means fewer people running dungeons and raids on the road to Naxxramas. There also should definitely be no raids after Naxx.

Leave the game alone as much as possible.
    and after ppl do naxx then what?

any AV that is not pre 1.10 AV

That'd ruin it for me

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Do Naxx again? Server reset? This thing is called "WoW Classic" and not "WoW but this time without this feature I personally find really annoying".

I mean it's not like people enjoy playing private servers who do nothing more then clearing the content and then reset and do it all over again. Or doing the 1001st season of Diablo 2.
    Last edited by Hubbl3; 2018-12-30 at 04:14 PM.

I just realized that Failbots are going to be far more prevalent in classic than they ever were in vanilla.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    I think that's the cutest of pseudo-arguments the Retailers keep coming up with, considering they are doing M+ over and over and over and over and over...the same shit week after week, and the only thing that is changing, are the numbers.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whining about pvp happening

People who reserve loots in dungeons.