Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    BfA is like Legion but with less features. It's crap, to say the least.
    It sounds like a praise because Legion was pretty good. But BFA is just really lazy and bad. Its like Legion but without all the fun stuff.

I must say, unless you're interested in Mag'har Orcs and Dark Iron Dwarves (assuming you never subbed BfA to begin with), there's not much to BfA beyond them. Even Zandalari trolls and Kul'tirans are being time gated. And the raids are meh, the biggest boss lore-wise has been G'huun, a fake Old God. So yeah, I'd agree with the consensus of coming back 8.2 or last patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Rysthruun View Post
    It sounds like you probably wouldn't be to interested. Its worth a re-sub for a month or two imo, but the content dries up quick.
    ^ This. I feel like this expansion is just lazy. 1. Gate 2. Queue 3. Daily is the new design philosophy. The story is really really short and then you just sit and wait. No micro raids as fillers, no progressive profession system. You just sit around doing this un engaging repetitiveness. Any experienced gamer (not just wow) will blow throw this expansions content in a month or two. PVP has become moot, and there is only 1 raid tier until Janurary 22nd. It gets boring...quick, and tbh is not the quality of a game I would expect from Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Agnastyr View Post
    Are you retarded?
    9 years on this site and you still haven't grown up?

OT: BFA aint all that bad, certainly not as bad as WoD. It's a shame because everything is there. The zones are great, the music is great (especially for alliance), but the endgame is lacking. I think it's worth checking out if you missed most of legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    No, he's right. BfA is Legion but worse overall. It does a few things better, many things worse. Just like Legion compared to the expansions before it.
    No, he is not.
    Im not arguing that BfA is any good, not by a long shot but saying its like legion with less features is wrong. It literally has all the features of legion plus added crap.

It sort of depends on how you feel about rewardless world quest/rep grinds and how you felt about Artifact power farming in Legion... only without the cool artifact weapons or class fantasy. Do you like unlocking cool looking gear for transmog, because there's not much of it here. If you like farming pets/toys the islands are kind of a crap shoot time sink for that but they exist. Storywise not much has really transpired here and the features they sold you on like Zandalari and Kultiran Humans are not in the game yet. I'd personally say wait until flying is out, the gated content is all unlocked and the pointless grinds to make you stay subbed are all nerfed.
    Last edited by Sonneillon; 2018-12-30 at 04:06 PM.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Give it a month and see what you think. If you haven't played for a year and mostly didn't play during Legion then it could be worth checking out. BFA is cheap as well now. It's a bit of a rehash though, there's much of the same as in Legion, except visually new content and some added interesting features (warfronts, expeditions).

Don't read too much into forums. Forum posters will always be negative. Just read any forum, any Reddit at any point during any of the last five expansions or so (heck maybe even during TBC/Wrath) and you'll find mostly negativity. It's rare that someone posts about something positive because they're obviously too busy playing the game.

I'm currently enjoying the game. They added some stuff in 8.1 that made it even better (easier alt gearing, more attainable azerite pieces etc.). Gearing your characters is probably in the best state it's been for a while.

It obviously depends what you enjoy doing in-game though as you don't give us too much in the first post.

Solid 7/10 .. good but not the best ... if you want wait until january 20th ish for new raid and season

Quote Originally Posted by Agnastyr View Post
    Are you retarded?
    you allready reported. retarded for what? coz he/she speaks or write his/her opinion without insulting others? Forums really need to perma ban posters like you.

Well, if you only want to level to 120 and dont care about everything else your mobey is well spent. Except that the leveling is one of the worst we ever had becaude you just get weaker and lose stuff. I take it back, dont join right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pallamouna View Post
    you allready reported. retarded for what? coz he/she speaks or write his/her opinion without insulting others? Forums really need to perma ban posters like you.
    Cool story but it wasnt an opinion, it was a statement and it was wrong. If you cant 2+2 then you are retarded and im sorry for calling it what it is.

Uldir is actually a pretty good raid. If you enjoy your class and play with your friends again - I'm sure you will enjoy it a lot.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Errand Wolfe View Post
    Subject kind of says it all. I played a bit at the beginning of Legion and left after a couple of months, came back during some free one or two-week thing around the beginning of the year. I was planning on resubbing for Classic, but I've been interested to see what the current game looks like.

However, from this site, Reddit, etc. I haven't been seeing anything positive about the state of the game. Would I be better off saving the few bucks to resub in summer when Classic launches? I know it's ultimately up to me, but some information from current players would help to inform my decision.

Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    I don't think this is true, catch up mechanics are through the roof and everything you earn now isn't worth much in a few weeks. That's actually one of my biggest gripes with the game today.

Because of this waiting is just having you come back to less progression content. If you enjoy doing stuff in WoW, then don't wait imho. If you enjoy doing as little as possible with much gains... wait.
    That means you are ready. He is not ready yet. How is it not true? Once the raid comes out, ilvl requirements will raise, making a gap between the current catch up gear (capped at 370) and the raid gear people will already have (400+), making it harder for someone catching up to be accepted into groups. So, at that point you need the next patch's catch up gear or you will be in for frustration with a lot of declined groups.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-12-30 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    Systems not targetted for hardcore players (island expeditions, warfronts) are called garbage just because they are not for them.
    Couldn't agree more. I personally enjoy them, especially warfront's, but I can see them being irritating for the hardcore mythic raiders or the usual content creators.

I wouldn't resub right now the game is not ''fine'' so stop saying it is.
    Its also not as trash as everyone is yelling but its definitely not ''fine''.

Quote Originally Posted by Denso View Post
    It obviously depends what you enjoy doing in-game though as you don't give us too much in the first post.
    Sorry it may have gotten lost in my first response. Basically, I will be subbing about the time that Classic launches, but I no longer have the commitment levels to raid hardcore like I did pretty much from 2008-2014. I'd be playing much more casually than I used to, but even then, I have a hard time playing non-competitively.

Quote Originally Posted by Errand Wolfe View Post
    Thanks for all the replies! (Un)fortunately, I don't have the time commitment to play hardcore as I did in WOTLK-WOD, and I don't think any of my old raid team even plays anymore, so perhaps I'll wait until Blizz sees their sub drops to check it out.

If they haven't been listening to player feedback and making their own mistakes, I'd hate to soften the blow of their Q4 numbers, however minimal 1 subscription might be.
    Lets forget about all this bullshit talk about earnings calls and shit for a second. If you sub in now you still have time to do arena for the pvp, its pretty casual nowdays, you still have time to do uldir when its relevant and not just a rush through it. And if you want to start next patch by doing higher end content straight away (Mythic 10+ and heroic version of the new raid) you still have time to gear up your character. All this pretty casually, no need to pour in 20 hours a week or something like that. If you decide to sub in when the new raid, not a patch, comes in then you still have to gear your characters a bit for raids and mythic+ higher keys. All this is going to take little time and effort that you could have done casually in the span of 3 weeks before the raid release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends what you are looking for in game, there are people who say everything about the game sucks and will hate on people who even try and defend the game, and there is also vise verse, to which point take that with a grain of salt. Everything about the game doesn't suck, although if you truly get to that point about WoW then you really need to quit playing.

I can actually admit that while WoW does have issues it isnt unplayable.

Here are some opinions I have that I have split up to make easy ingestion.

HATED

Classes feel very different, the GCD are being fixed slowly but the fun classes once had seems to be gone. This isnt a BfA problem though, classes have been going downhill for a while as far back as MoP, if you can endure that then go on right ahead.

The Azerite system, is god awful and probably the worst thing implemented in WoW since the SELFIE cam, I personally can endure it but for many people it really breaks the game for them, go figure. Also they done away with tier sets which breaks my heart as I loved tier sets, now we have armor sets instead which is a hit of miss depending what class you play

The way loot system works is a minor issue I have, its an issue I can live with but it's one I am not super happy about. It's minor but it's always a problem.

LOVED

Leveling is awesome as always I enjoyed the stories through each zone, a someone who plays both Alliance and Horde I do think it favors Horde on the more interesting story leveling.

Music is always awesome Blizzard nails it every time.

Despite what some people are saying I am actually enjoying the lore this expansion, despite some inconsistencies but then again it's typical MMO storytelling. So it doesnt bother me too much.

World design is amazing, the people who worked on the world don't get enough love, there is a lot of passion that goes into world creation and among all the negativity I gotta say much love to the world designers, they have the best job in the world.

Dungson and raids are great. Something Blizzasrd always does well is how engaging and exciting they make their raids and dungeons. Once again the boss designs and mechanics are awesome.

INDIFFERENT

Island Expeditions & Warfronts

I think these are okay, I do think it's Blizzard experimenting as they seem to do with every expansion, I am fine with them, but I do feel Warfronts especially would have been better if it were NOT instanced and instead was a PvP type in world event instead, similar to Wintergrasp or Tol Barad. People loved those so it's sad that they are not like that at all. In fact when I first heard about Warfronts that's what I thought they were going to be, but alas they were not

NO OPINION

PVP I haven't done enough PvP to really tell you how good this is
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-12-30 at 04:46 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I don't like what they're doing to WoW so I continually play on a 3.3.5 WotLK server.

Mage just hit 80, and I'm beginning to gear up for ToC/ICC!