Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Mark my words, for the next expansion Blizzard will agree BfA was a filler expansion thus increasing the sub fee when next "proper" expansion launches! You heard it here first:ish!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    Mark my words, for the next expansion Blizzard will agree BfA was a filler expansion thus increasing the sub fee when next "proper" expansion launches! You heard it here first:ish!
    They've never increased the fee, I find it unlikely they'll bother anytime soon.

I will never accept the filler expansion excuse unless they release it for free and just require you to pay for the subscription. that is the ONLY way you can justify a "filler"

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    ...It is a filler expansion.

Now, hate as much as you wish, but we all knew this. BfA was always going to be a small content expansion, pretty much filling between Legion and what will come afterwards.

I wouldn´t make a pointless threat like this, but lately, people keep complaining and complaining and expecting things to be fixed... well, BfA will never get things fixed because they are, most likely, not working on it anymore other than the incoming raid and, MAYBE, another not too big one afterwards with some sort of new daily quest´s pack and event. Period.

Consider this one a break, a chance to play around with all the alts, whatever. Go out and get some fresh air... most likely the next expansion will be much bigger and time consuming again.
    To be completely honest, if they're really following a system of GOOD expansion followed by FILLER expansion, I'd rather they just went back to oldschool "When it's done" methodology, and just release higher quality expansions with more depth less often.

I'll take one expansion every other year over garbage every year. This game BADLY needs more depth, more interesting class abilities, better story, and less disposable/limited time content. If that takes longer to produce, then I'm ok with it.

I agree. How long will the filler expansion last?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    okay in what way its not as bad as wod?
    Well we got the new raid coming up, which was more than what WoD had by that point. All WoD gave us was a SELFIE cam and a cancelled raid tier

Now that could all change we are still very early in this expansion, it could get worse, but so far it's not as bad as WoD.
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-12-30 at 08:09 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Well we got the new raid coming up, which was more than what WoD had by that point. All WoD gave us was a SELFIE cam and a cancelled raid tier

Now that could all change we are still very early in this expansion, it could get worse, but so far it's not as bad as WoD.

WoD also had better leveling, better class design, better gearing system, even tho it was already getting fucked

also despite there being fewer raids i think the raids were quite good in WoD

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is it a filler expansion, could you give me the definition of the word 'filler'? Was Vanilla filler because it only had raids and dungeons, no warzones at the beginning, and not enough quests to get to 60? Or TBC perhaps, which introduced flying, had heroic dungeons and raids. Or Cataclysm which did a revamp of all zones, which most people probably didn't care for as they were max level anyway, or was it 'insert whatever expansion'?

Both Legion and BfA have more content than any previous expansion. Legion introduced mythic dungeons, legendary quest lines, invasions, emissaries, story telling through cutscenes, and voiced pop ups for world quests. BfA continued that trend. All that on top of what every other expansion had: new raids, new dungeons, new land, profession upgrades etc.
    How is BfA filler content, seriously?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veknazel View Post
    Too bad Legion and WoD were trash too. That's 3 expansions in a row.
    Content is not the problem. The problem is that they ruined class mechanics, raid mechanics and core gameplay.
    Damn right son, couldn't agree more. Classes are a shred of what they used to be, and not in a good way...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veknazel View Post
    Too bad Legion and WoD were trash too. That's 3 expansions in a row.
    Content is not the problem. The problem is that they ruined class mechanics, raid mechanics and core gameplay.
    Legion was one of the best expansions they've ever done. I had more fun in Legion than I had in all the previous expansions combined. Opinions are like *holes, everybody has one I guess. I started in Vanilla, and only Wotlk is on the same level as Legion imo, while MOP deserves an honorable mention.

I enjoyed WoD more than BfA so far. Like, significantly more. 100% opinion, granted, but there it is.

"BfA is fine because Blizzard is paying me to say so."

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    ...It is a filler expansion.
    You can call it whatever you want, but people have every right to be pissed off because they charged full price for this piece of shit, they're continuing to charge monthly subs for an unfinished game with several bugs(still) and terrible class balance and design(or lack thereof).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raysz View Post
    Legion was one of the best expansions they've ever done. I had more fun in Legion than I had in all the previous expansions combined. Opinions are like *holes, everybody has one I guess. I started in Vanilla, and only Wotlk is on the same level as Legion imo, while MOP deserves an honorable mention.
    Arguable. Legion was all over the place. I also had a lot of fun in the expansion, but it had several problems too. A couple examples is the sweeping changes that happened every patch without listening to player feedback at all or the worst raid ever put into the game being Tomb of Sargeras.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteries View Post
    "BfA is fine because Blizzard is paying me to say so."
    There are only two ways:
    1. Enjoying BfA because of getting paid for that.
    2. Hating on BfA because of being hater since Vanilla.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Deleted
    Nonsense. There's no such thing as a filler expansion.

I don't think that ''filler'' expansions necessarily needs less work being put into to call it that. Being a filler expansion would simply mean that the expansion as a whole is just building up to something huge that you might not get to see till the very end. Or coming up with a completely random storyline that contributes nothing to the main story that people are excited about to see, but rather serve as fanservice for either the writers or their audience. Both of my examples basically fit WoD really well, since no one expected to see us go to an alternate time line and see the Legion being set up as the main bad guy in the next expansion. But despite all this it doesn't have to mean that its going to be a bad expansion, it could've been really good if only they didn't scrap so much and hype up players expectations to a point that they can't fulfill. We ended up with a lot of cut storylines, a whole raid tier, features being cut from the corners and making them feel barebones, no new class/race, and this is where they start gutting every class (which only got worse with the following expansions).

BFA is a very lackluster expansion but its hard to tell if its building up to something big that will be resolved in the next expansion. Ideally I've love to see the Black Empire as its own expansion, but I expect us to take out N'Zoth in BFA and then there won't be anyone left for us to deal there. Most of BFA's issues is simply due to the developers incompetence, not willing to listen to the playerbase but rather try to please their shareholders as much as possible.

okay in what way its not as bad as wod?
    It lacks a lot of the things that makes WoW great, such as visual progression of our characters and the world we explore with those characters, and it's got an exceeding amount of randomness, but WoD had these problems too, and then some.

Warlords of Draenor is basically BfA with around half the landmass and no M+, islands, or warfronts. Now, I'm not saying that M+, islands, or warfronts are great. What I am saying is that they're better than nothing at all.

WoD also had the garrison, which did not improve the game at all - as a matter of fact it nearly destroyed the game.

There is no contest between WoD and BfA as to what was worse - it's WoD. However, neither of them are particularly good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    It lacks a lot of the things that makes WoW great, such as visual progression of our characters and the world we explore with those characters, and it's got an exceeding amount of randomness, but WoD had these problems too, and then some.

Warlords of Draenor is basically BfA with around half the landmass and no M+, islands, or warfronts. Now, I'm not saying that M+, islands, or warfronts are great. What I am saying is that they're better than nothing at all.

WoD also had the garrison, which did not improve the game at all - as a matter of fact it nearly destroyed the game.

There is no contest between WoD and BfA as to what was worse - it's WoD. However, neither of them are particularly good.

again regardless of how much boring content there is in the game, when classes are as awfully designed as they are no the game isnt gonna be fun at all.. im not saying that WoD class design was amazing, in fact it was much worse than in every previous expansion, but it was still much better than it is now or has been since wod

and better class design, less rng etc. made the game feel better overall.. yeah, garrisons sucked, yeah not having adequate things to do outside of raids wasnt ideal, but its not like islands, warfronts are good by themselves.. and with trash class design they're not just trash - they're pretty much unplayable

to me class design is the most important thing in the game by a significant margin actually and while its already been fucked in WoD it only gotten progressively worse ever since

again regardless of how much boring content there is in the game, when classes are as awfully designed as they are no the game isnt gonna be fun at all.. im not saying that WoD class design was amazing, in fact it was much worse than in every previous expansion, but it was still much better than it is now or has been since wod

and better class design, less rng etc. made the game feel better overall.. yeah, garrisons sucked, yeah not having adequate things to do outside of raids wasnt ideal, but its not like islands, warfronts are good by themselves.. and with trash class design they're not just trash - they're pretty much unplayable

to me class design is the most important thing in the game by a significant margin actually and while its already been fucked in WoD it only gotten progressively worse ever since
    I completely agree that class design is very, very important. Probably the most important thing there is, because it forms the foundation of all combat - PvP even more so than PvE.

However, I disagree that class design is worse now than ever before. In fact, I think it's better now than it was in WoD, though comparing to Legion depends on your point of view. Specifically, PvE'ers had a better time in Legion than now, but PvP'ers have a better time now than in Legion.

Irregardless, none of the last 4 expansions had class design anywhere close to as good as that of tBC or WotLK.