Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    To be fair not everything is bad, art team did a good job as always and i like the new human NPC's scattered around kul tiras lol.

But ya, not a ton to like about this expansion for someone who is a veteran of the game like myself.
    To be honest, I think a lot of the art is kind of lacking... Especially in Kul Tiras... it just looks washed out.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

That's exactly why i didn't list M+ in the OP, even tho almost no one i know likes them it appears blizzard is incredibly proud of them......big yikers from me.
    The problem with M+ isn't the concept itself, it's the BFA dungeons. I loved doing high keys in Legion, now I have to force myself to do a 10 every week for the cache.

In Legion if you wanted a quick key you could do Maw of Souls in 10 minutes, Nelth's Lair, Upper Kara, Court of Stars or Darkheart Thicket in about 15-20. They were challenging without being frustrating.

The BFA dungeons have way too much trash and they take too long. The new seasonal theme they introduced in BFA just sucks. It slows down the dungeon pace even more. A lot of them also still feel overtuned with certain affixes, they clearly did no testing what-so-ever and they're still collecting feedback from players. There's a reason why most people gravitate towards Freehold and Atal'Dazar every week, and Blizzard doesn't seem to realize it.

New class which have happened every 2 expansions so far, so might be next one.

Only thing that could bring me back would be more pandas

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    To be honest, I think a lot of the art is kind of lacking... Especially in Kul Tiras... it just looks washed out.
    Can you post an example? Because I'm kinda a huge fan of the art in this xpac. Even tops MoP for me personally. Music is a huge plus, too.
    More variantions than in Legion for sure and more immersive imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    thats because we like the direction game has taken

for me its the best expansion in years

and the more toxic crybabies leave the better for the game
    While i don't think it's the best it even was, it certainly is less frustrating than Legion. So, i am really happy that we moved from that horrible RNG grindfest. (Mandatory AP grind and legendaries)
    Also, it honestly looks much better and the reward systems have improved. Much better invasion, better emissary rewards and now better ways to acquire Azerite gear.

It did have the effect of making raids less important cause of the removal of set bonuses, but it did give players flexibility on the type of content they want to do rather than be forced to the raid to get the set bonuses.

I think the class armor sets is what people miss though and i think the perfect way to solve that would be to design a set and get them behind a mage tower like solo challenge like the weapons skins. I think everyone would be happy then. Well... those that can be satisfied that is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Irlking View Post
    In terms of Pve content Legion was great. Revert back to Legion changes, island exp and warfront are extremely boring and non engaging. Even the new invasions arent as fun as legion. There is no feel of progression at the moment.

For pvp take us back to WoD system of gear vendors with honor and conquest. Keep gear drop from wins so it stays dynamic. Gear scaling is a step in the right direction but some fixes are required.
    How does Legion have better content? What the hell? Do you people hear yourselves? So... remove warfront and islands and... get less content!? PvE is better in BfA and invasions are much better as well. WQ's are closer together and the rewards are pretty good, at least for now. The final quests are way more varied than always nuking the same ship and boss at the end.
    Like... has it occured to you, you can just ignore warfront and islands if you don't like them? They are completely optional. So, why do you want to deny them to people who enjoy them?

I'm ok with the PvP sugestion though.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-12-31 at 11:02 AM.

Introduce new races not allied races but real races with big maps and create a good story make nice ambient music and balance pvp.

The last suggestion is so horrible that I don't have the words to describe how horrible it is.

Step 1 : Stop listening to the community, go back to the roots of the game and build a great expansion without concern for tiny minority whinges.

e.g. when you design a new concept for a raid with different stories on each faction, KEEP IT - ignore the 0.0001% of people that care about mythic race.

Step 2: No need for step 2, democracy doesn't work in building an awesome game - because democracy attempts to please everyone by delivering nothing.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Step 1 : Stop listening to the community, go back to the roots of the game and build a great expansion without concern for tiny minority whinges.

e.g. when you design a new concept for a raid with different stories on each faction, KEEP IT - ignore the 0.0001% of people that care about mythic race.

Step 2: No need for step 2, democracy doesn't work in building an awesome game - because democracy attempts to please everyone by delivering nothing.
    They already do this and it hasn't gone too well for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    I don't think theres much of anything that would bring people back after Blizz's antics lately.
    I've been free from WoW for over a year and honestly am glad I'm not paying for the crap I see them pushing out. If they went back to more of a Lich King era model and did away with all the PvP focused crap I might look back at re-subscribing, but considering they're doing a tablet only version of Diablo, I believe the company has largely lost it's way and I'll never be returning.
    /sig

I have no idea what will bring other players back but I do know what would bring me back:-

1. Progression without excessive rng (aka BC/WotLK).
    2. Make items matter again, gear/mounts etc..
    3. Make PvP matter in the world not just on a leaderboard.
    4. Develop the game in its best interests, not what some list says will retain most players and keep the shareholders happy.
    5. Better communication from the devs, take a look at FFXIV and how they do things.

Quote Originally Posted by Dottywotty View Post
    They already do this and it hasn't gone too well for them.
    That's why I said they need to stop doing it (listening to the community), forget about tuning balance to the fiftieth digit, forget about everyone being exactly the same.

So what if class A and class B aren't identical, this community driven homogenisation is the main downfall of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coolit View Post
    1. Progression without excessive rng (aka BC/WotLK).
    BC RNG was horrific ... running the same boss over and over again just to get a shoulder slot... no thanks, I'd prefer to have something worthwhile sooner than that.

2. Make items matter again, gear/mounts etc..
    Well gear matters, but I'd like mount traits (like water walking) across more (e.g. more stun resist on the dino, faster move on the cats etc).

3. Make PvP matter in the world not just on a leaderboard.
    Never happened since vanilla - need to bring back dishonourable kills to bring back Vanilla style PvP.

4. Develop the game in its best interests, not what some list says will retain most players and keep the shareholders happy.
    Stack Overflow: Recursion limit exceeded

5. Better communication from the devs, take a look at FFXIV and how they do things.
    The community don't want that - as evidenced by the scathing attacks against the devs with WoD and Legion when they tried to do progress updates.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    That's why I said they need to stop doing it (listening to the community), forget about tuning balance to the fiftieth digit, forget about everyone being exactly the same.
    No, I meant they already ignore the community. The entire alpha and beta feedback was just ignored and now they're trying to fix things. Could have all been avoided if they weren't so stuck up their own arses.

Also, I don't get the idea of just ignoring the minority. I understand from a business perspective that the majority are bringing you in more money, but why tell the minority to go suck a dick and constantly fuck them over? It's not like the things they fuck over for the minority affect the majority.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Anyone remember MoP class design? It wasn't perfect, it never is BUT it was FUN! Best class design in the history of WoW if you ask me

Yes, I'd also like them to readd some RPG elements, I'm happy they readded some buffs.

But first and foremost they should reanable their core philosophy: releasing content when it's ready, polished and thoroughly tested. This feel of permanent beta test really pisses people off. Everything they release feels so redundant, there's no epicness in this.
    Pretty much. WoW Class design pinnacle happened IMO in MoP. There were pruned abilities that pretty much had to be pruned to the point where classes didn't feel cluttered beyond reason, bu they weren't "one trick ponies" they are today.
    Sure, MoP class design wasn't perfect but it was a great point to expand on. WoD was a downgrade, Legion made class design terrible and BfA made it even worse.

There's only one thing they can do will bring me back to this glorified dollhouse and cash grab game: bring it back to pre-Activision quality. I'm talking the game, customer service, and overall respectability. Get rid of the LFG/R, the WoW store, cross realms, pet battles, and a number of other things that caused this game to lose its RPG status. Since none of those things are going to happen though, I guess it's on to my new One X. This will be a good time to sell my PC and build a new one since I don't really need it. Most PC games worth playing are on console anyway.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Can you post an example? Because I'm kinda a huge fan of the art in this xpac. Even tops MoP for me personally. Music is a huge plus, too.
    More variantions than in Legion for sure and more immersive imo.
    Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Horde zones and the Stormsong Valley isn't bad.

While I like the idea of the art in Drustvar, I don't like the approach. Same goes for Boralus, in that I like how they really tried to make it a port-kingdom, and they succeeded. However, besides it being an absolute clusterfuck of a damned maze, it is not very bright and vibrant. It looks depressed, if you follow. And the zone it is in just doesn't really do anything for me either.

Just to give you an idea of zones that I love, like top zones:

Teldrassil
    Ashenvale
    Maraudon (as a zone, I just always loved how it looked in there, especially when you get to the bright areas)
    Nagrand
    Oddly enough, Eastern Plaguelands (Vanilla version) - I realize this one could go against my argument, but let's think for a minute, it's SUPPOSED to be that way. It's been lost to the blight almost entirely. I expect it to kind of look washed out. Plus the giant mushrooms and shit are just cool. lol
    Wintergrasp - it's a painfully bright snowy zone, but hell if I don't find myself remembering back to fishing in it and just appreciating the ambiance of the visuals and the audio.
    Grizzly Hills - vibrant colors, vibrant music. Vibrant perfection.
    Almost all of the Pandaren zones.
    As much as I hated WoD, they did ONE thing really well in WoD - the zones. Particularly Shadowmoon Valley. Absolutely beautiful. Remember that the sky is a big important part too.
    Vash'jir, believe it or not. Some gorgeous colorful areas there. I didn't even mind the swimming issue as much as some players.

At the end here I'll mention that from Legion we see me add Vash'jir to this list but at the same time, I couldn't stand Argus for the most part - HOWEVER, again, we kind of have to expect Argus to be that way.

I don't expect Boralus and its zone to be quite so bland. I hope this answered your question, I know I kind of expanded on it and included areas I love and went full explanation mode, but hey, that's me. Cheers for the good dialogue.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I really want to add to that list a "remove collections" tab option but thats a bit extreme, i just think that is too much of a focus for far too large a percentage of the playerbase. Dont get me wrong im not sitting here trying to tell people how to enjoy the game, i just feel mounts/pets/achievements have become center stage for a lot of players, and that isnt what makes a good mmo.
    I am so glad you have zero power/influence for WoW or any game for that matter.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

~Sit down and figure out the most fun specs/abilities classes have had in the past 15 years and make the most fun spec you can. A good example of this would be a shadow priest with mana returning vampiric embrace from tbc combined with legion voidform. Or tbc shadow combined with shadow orb playstyle, you get the idea. (obviously for this to make sense you need to make mana matter again, hint hint)
    ~Bring back role playing elements (hunter pet system is a good example)
    ~Slow down the pace of progression/stop giving away epics. Im 371 and havent stepped into the raid nor done a single mythic + dungeon (aka no weekly cache). Pretty ridiculous that i have heroic gear and have basically afk'd the entire xpac blizzard.
    ~Bring back high end profession recipes that are locked behind rep, or rng based. People like being special, not everyone should be able to craft everything.
    ~Bring back profession bonuses to combat, people love the feeling of being rewarded to play the game, even if professions arent their most favorite thing to do.
    ~De-homogenize the classes. Stop trying to be fair to everyone, we dont all need to be within 5% of each others damage to feel useful in a raid. TBC shadow is again a great example of this. Go back to the role playing roots this game started from, fairness should be secondary to fun/class identity.
    ~Profession items should add more to character power (gems, enchants etc), like they used to. This not only makes sense from a game play point of view, it again encourages RPG aspects.
    ~Bring back reforging. You really dropped the ball on this one blizzard, sure it wasnt convenient to hearth back to a city to reforge during a raid but who cares, the beneifts far outweighed the negatives and reforging was an awesome way to tune your character to its strengths.
    ~Make pvp mirror pve 1:1 like it used to. You know you ruined pvp when you started balancing the game as two different entities, i could only imagine how low pvp participation was in legion. Balance the game the best you can as a whole like you used to and the game will be better for it.

I really want to add to that list a "remove collections" tab option but thats a bit extreme, i just think that is too much of a focus for far too large a percentage of the playerbase. Dont get me wrong im not sitting here trying to tell people how to enjoy the game, i just feel mounts/pets/achievements have become center stage for a lot of players, and that isnt what makes a good mmo.

I wrote this out in 5 minutes, feel free to add your thoughts if you have any chat.
    Bring me back?I was never gone in the first place still here and loveing BFA FTW!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Surreality View Post
    There's only one thing they can do will bring me back to this glorified dollhouse and cash grab game: bring it back to pre-Activision quality. I'm talking the game, customer service, and overall respectability. Get rid of the LFG/R, the WoW store, cross realms, pet battles, and a number of other things that caused this game to lose its RPG status. Since none of those things are going to happen though, I guess it's on to my new One X. This will be a good time to sell my PC and build a new one since I don't really need it. Most PC games worth playing are on console anyway.
    But i love my LFR/LFG tools!

Ignore the community? Now how does that work? You ask Joe, and he says azerite armor is the next best thing sinxe sliced bread. You ask Jay, and he says it's the shittiest thing like, ever. So how do you ignore both of them? stop pretending that all the garbage what we have in the game is the players' fault.
    Last edited by Lei; 2019-01-01 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I don't expect Boralus and its zone to be quite so bland. I hope this answered your question, I know I kind of expanded on it and included areas I love and went full explanation mode, but hey, that's me. Cheers for the good dialogue.
    Hmm, thanks for the long explanation, but I had hoped for maybe a screenshot or smth I thought they put good work in all the zones and Drustvar has a great, creepy vibe. Boralus is a different thing because they made a lot of the city "no go areas" which is actually something new in wow, having hostile npcs in a player capital (due to the fact that a part of the city is under the influence of the Ashvane Trading Company) . Pretty neat although I feel they could do more with it. Also it's rather realistic when it comes to mediaval cities. The biggest part of those cities back then weren't shiny and most of the population were poor. Also to have two flight masters within the city. I'd love to have that in Stormwind