Poll: 4 months in WoD vs BfA, which seems more lackluster?

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    Same for me.
    Casually played after Highmaul but haven't touched BFA for weeks. I can not play this abomination.
    That's not how you objectively measure a patch or expansion. That is anecdotal evidence. "It was better because I enjoyed it more then than now" is just intellectual laziness and usually representative about people mostly angry about current state of affairs. It's like people who say Donald Trump is the worst president ever. He isn't. That doesn't make him good either, but he's not the worst objectively. Maybe it feels that way, but the man is no Grover Cleveland or James Garfield. They literally did nothing as presidents. Same is true with BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Honestly, if you don't have shitty unbalanced PvP mode in PvE game on you're doing this expansion wrong and just have yourself to blame.
    Fixed for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    I don't know what kind of WoD you guys played, but I remember it's "daily quests" and "reputations" and that stuff was weird af. Classic-WoW tier, probably worse.

At least BfA has casual content outside of raids, even if it's questionable (spoiler: what the mmo-champion and reddit users spell may not match what the general WoW population thinks about BfA).
    same oppinion here.

all in all that „bfa sucks“ seems to me like a giant shitstorm and its „cool“ to also jump on it. its an idiotic mass trend.

even when i also have concerns (foremost class design), objectively bfa isnt thaaaaat bad. its just a typical mass hysteria weird idiotic „ppl are sheep“ thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    WoD absolutely had quality. The raids were good to very good. The dungeons were pretty good. Thanks to the WoD perks, levelling actually felt like it made you stronger(unlike BfA where we got weaker and weaker by levelling to a degree we've never had before)
    But dungeons were useless super quick. Leveling and raids is basically the only thing Warlords did right. That's pretty shit. At least in BfA, you can get gear with M+ and Warfronts. It's not strictly "raid or die" like in WoD. Hence why I think BfA etches ahead, although they're both terrible imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    Never thought Id say this
    But WOD was better 4 months in.
    Questing was amazing, story was very fun even if non consequental
    Dungeons were a blast and not bland

I mean I quit wod after highmaul but took me a while, ive already quit BFA
    Been playing since Usa open beta.
    Pretty much this, I can only speak for myself of course but while I lasted 4+ months on WoD leveling alts, doing a lot of pvp RBG, dungeons, raid etc I could only lasted 1 month and a half playing BfA. So I still have hope for 8.2 (not much to be honest) but BfA could easily usurp the WoD throne as the shittiest expansion ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    same oppinion here.

all in all that „bfa sucks“ seems to me like a giant shitstorm and its „cool“ to also jump on it. its an idiotic mass trend.

even when i also have concerns (foremost class design), objectively bfa isnt thaaaaat bad. its just a typical mass hysteria weird idiotic „ppl are sheep“ thing.
    Sure, you keep believing that.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD was a terrible expansion but specifically BRF was the pinnacle of raid design, I was playing Breath of Sindragosa Blood DK and having a fucking blast and all my alts were fun to play, and while class design was worse then MoP, it was still leagues better then it is now.

Now every class except 2 make me want to neck myself so I find no joy in playing between raids, all I do is clear my AP wqs and log off when it's not time to raid. BFA is 100% worse in my eyes.

The "wealth" of content in the game means absolutely nothing if the vehicle you play it through (your class) is unfun.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Fixed for you.

There's lots of balance issues and bugs, sure, there always are, but on the whole it's pretty good so far.

There's plenty of content to do even if you're not raiding (not liking the content personally doesn't mean it doesn't count as content). I feel Warfronts and Islands still need a lot of work to refine the concept but they're not bad.

Levelling questing was fun, the continued story of the war effort each patch is cool. Warmode is a blast and it's mostly just single-player-socials complaining about it, who want the XP boost but don't want to have to engage with other players. Incursions with Warmode are chaos.. but it's fun. Honestly, if you don't have warmode on you're doing this expansion wrong and just have yourself to blame. Man up and switch it on - you're definitely gonna get hurt a lot but the world is so much more alive for it.

WoD by this point most players were just on their own in their garrison sending off missions.
    BfA just needs a small push to be really fun/great.

Like the azerite gear that is gated to 22 Jannuary, we desperately need 5 rings.

Incursions are great to do, could be more frequent, though.

10 kill weekly warmode quest should be a daily, to push some more warmode activitie in varied zones. 25 kill weekly for both faction, not just alliance.(and i say that as alliance player)

better rewards and more structure in random bgs, they are no longer worth the time spent there. Arena is much easier and more rewarding to do, if its not high rated.

A bit more class design and more class sets to use in pve and pvp, class quests more immersion, maybe but all faction based.

PvP vendors, honor vendors(to give back its meaning), extra loot from corpses like in wod and wod pvp scaling, that made sense.

Actually there are some things, BfA could learn from wod, but there is more to do in BfA due to world quests, mythic+ etc, but thats all legion design, warfronts and isles backfired as new features, they seem both to be in beta, i feel warfronts even more so.

Waiting for heroic warfronts...

BfA won't end as bad as WoD, designers cutted its content, a full release of WoD would made it a good expansion, actually.

Everyone can google up what the devs did cut, the idea of a yearly expansion was not the smartest business descision blizz-activision ever had, since quality content takes some time, wod was that content just in a reduced meaning.

I feel, that wod wpvp activity could be the best of all expansion, if the devs would have allowed crossrealms in wod actually at the time of its lifespan, since it came with a lot of kill acms, that could only be done in draenor or ashran. Its probably their biggest design failure at those pvp servers, since that alone would have driven many people out of their garrisions, and spread people all other the zones in draenor. actually i would not even classify this activity as pvp, but acm hunting, and a lot of people are crazy about it.

WoW has become more a collecting game anyways, over the years.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2018-12-31 at 02:48 PM.

Deleted
    We obviously needed another hating thread. These are new and exciting!

BfA is sitll better, WoD's .1 patch contained pretty much no new content, BfA's .1 patch contains way more content. People might see BfA as worse because it's fresh and are still more emotional about it. Emotions lead to unreasonable conclusions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    WoD was a pile of shit, but at least Ashran kept me somewhat entertained.

BFA is worst. Uldir is boring, M+ are boring, Islands are boring, warfront are boring, class design is terrible, professions are terrible, world quests are unrewarding, allied races are gated behind rep grinds, Zandalari / Kul Tirans are still not in game (ffs?!). Ah, and there is no Ashran.

So no competition here. WoD was best.

Quote Originally Posted by Saybel View Post
    WoD was a terrible expansion but specifically BRF was the pinnacle of raid design, I was playing Breath of Sindragosa Blood DK and having a fucking blast and all my alts were fun to play, and while class design was worse then MoP, it was still leagues better then it is now.

Now every class except 2 make me want to neck myself so I find no joy in playing between raids, all I do is clear my AP wqs and log off when it's not time to raid. BFA is 100% worse in my eyes.

The "wealth" of content in the game means absolutely nothing if the vehicle you play it through (your class) is unfun.
    yeah, classes were pruned coming from wod.

But a lot of classes were the most fun when played in wod, actually.

for example the dk, even in pvp, he was a lot of fun, not this garbage of today...he had meaningful talents! And not talents that should be baseline....

Rogue design was best in wod for years to come....they had more utility than in legion/bfa and still burst of speed to clear out stuff that is solo able at horse speed while stealthed and indoor. I guess some people were to envy, of this. It fit well to an agility class to have this kinda speed.

shadow priest - while great stuff like void shift was sadly removed coming from mop, the spec played absolutely fluently in any bg/rbg and made a ton of dmg. Legion/bfa design changed that a bit. No one needs an active voidform.

etc, etc.

now, if devs would have made garrisions class based, and draenor crossrealm instead of sever based realms, all the pve content restored instead of cutted, we would have winner.

Also think that lore/timetravel as an issue is very overrated. Its a non issue, if characters are done well, guldan was done better in wod than in legion, with his intense legendary questline to hunt him down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    BFA is worst. Uldir is boring, M+ are boring, Islands are boring, warfront are boring, class design is terrible, professions are terrible, world quests are unrewarding, allied races are gated behind rep grinds, Zandalari / Kul Tirans are still not in game (ffs?!). Ah, and there is no Ashran.

So no competition here. WoD was best.
    right, no ashran and its kinda funny corpse loot mechanics and acms on kills and weak warfronts(but devs annaunced hc ones). I have to say though, the faction incursions are rewarding no matter what, since you can scrap azerite armor and get quite a nice amount of titan residiuum.

Professions are in a horrible alpha stage compared to legion......uh.

especially skinning, all its mats are too cheap and people take instead enchanting/leatherworking, buy mats at the ah, while herbs are really expensive. Balance is totally off.

i mean its irritating to people, because legion did it all much better and it just came before BfA.

Also the huge downgrading in stat squish, and the need to throw away legendaries, as they just wasted bank space was a horrible expierence. Also trading a passive neklace with no art and talenttree for the artefact weapon....!!!

I wonder what the devs were thinking, even if they had limited time and budget, perhaps.

but in the end, i only think bfa is underwhelming to legion. Since both have the same endgame designs, just BfA ones is weaker. WoD did not even have worldquests and mythic+.

WoD was by no means a good xpac, but at least there was enjoyment to be had from gameplay. Almost every aspect of BfA is, at best, horribly boring. I couldn’t bring myself to do island expeditions after the second week or so. Uldir isn’t exactly a stunning first raid effort, and dungeons are pretty ho hum. I got to Exalted with the 7th, started leveling a Dark Iron and then stopped doing that to wait for the 8.1 experience bump. I haven’t been back yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD easily first 4 months in. BfA is more laid back in style meaning I can log on do my shit log off and play something else. WoD I just hardly played. There was nothing to aim for in WoD lol.

Although judging from the results it seems people want more SELFIE cam and standing around in garrison content... who knew.
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-12-31 at 03:28 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    WoD was by no means a good xpac, but at least there was enjoyment to be had from gameplay. Almost every aspect of BfA is, at best, horribly boring. I couldn’t bring myself to do island expeditions after the second week or so. Uldir isn’t exactly a stunning first raid effort, and dungeons are pretty ho hum. I got to Exalted with the 7th, started leveling a Dark Iron and then stopped doing that to wait for the 8.1 experience bump. I haven’t been back yet.
    This. Plus WQ's are giving a whole lot less reward for time invested compared to Legion. I played through the entirety of WoD, BfA I was done after three months. And fuck War Mode.
    Tauren warriors stand between their allies and death.
    Gnomes keep death from walking that far.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    You understand that it's possible to praise/miss multiple expansions, right?
    oH rEaLlY? It's almost like I was pointing out suddenly missing X expansion is cyclical for the community, not your personal preference

This is a tough call.

Warlords had a whole second raid by now, both of which I REALLY enjoyed. Plus the Garrison still had a new car smell.
    But Warlords aged very poorly after that. Overall I think it'll still come out worse.

People's opinions differ, and I usually hate the word 'objective' when trying to say what is better or worse, but BfA objectively has more content than WoD did at this point in its life. Hell, it has more content than WoD did in 6.1, which came like 6-7 months into WoD, as I recall.

Whether people had fun playing what content they did is another matter, but as someone who doesn't raid seriously and doesn't really care about class gameplay as long as I can kill things, it would take a stupendously shallow expansion to make me decide WoD's launch was superior.

WoD had a good leveling experience followed by a choice between two daily quests per day, and rep grinds that were literally an afterthought that required mindless mob killing. Heroic dungeons were the main content outside of raids, and I didn't even enjoy the dungeons that much.

BfA, for all its many issues, had a good leveling experience for two factions instead of just one zone being different for each, several new races to unlock through meaty quest chains that make the Garrison Campaign look like the prototype it was, a new (at least, compared to WoD) level of dungeons (that I still don't do, but it's there), tons of varied quests you can do daily with much better rewards, a ton more quests and max-level content, faster patch cycle, a bunch more rewards to collect from warfront/incursions and islands...

Basically, WoD was something I felt finished with by month 2. BfA, I still have a ton of things to collect, so I have a ton of things to do - though personally I almost hope they slow down on releasing new content as I feel like I have too much to do sometimes, and I wanna play other games.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    same oppinion here.

I don't even care if Blizzard gets bad press - if the game is fun for me and my GF, we buy and play it. Many times I've bought a "bad" game and had fun for hours.

But yeah, shit is being overblown. I've seen threads on reddit about people not liking the Island Expedition mobs because - gasp - you can't mob the entire island and AoE it down without being CC'ed to death. Oh the woes.

At least this expansion I can play my off-specs without grinding Artifact Power for the extra weapons. Overall, for me, BfA feels very much like Legion 2.

Did we really need a third thread about this in the past 2 months?