Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    there are no filler expansions.
    this isnt a filler expansion.
    mop, wod and legion weren't filler expansions either.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    I think this is the worst expansion we've had by a very large margin. There is nothing I like about this expansion outside of a single character and so much I dislike. Outside of playing with my sick mother, I don't even log in. I don't care to play this and if she didn't need escapism, I wouldn't touch it.
    If it wasnt for your sick mother (to which I send my best wishes), I honestly think you should unsub.

I think when a game becomes to a point where there is nothing redeemable about it, you are done, you shouldn't be playing. Video games are to be enjoyed. And hating very aspect of a game is pretty much a 'get the hell out of there' sign.

I myself have many issues with the game thats not all down to BfA is more built up over the years, but I still enjoy it enough to keep playing. While I do hate some aspects I still enjoy a lot more.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    It isnt 'fine' but it isn't the disaster people are claiming either. It's a very middle of the road expansion. It most certainly isn't as bad as WoD, as much as people want it to be, anyone thinking it is must be hype extending. So far very average. :P
    i found wod way better in nearly every way. go figure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    If it wasnt for your sick mother (to which I send my best wishes), I honestly think you should unsub.

I think when a game becomes to a point where there is nothing redeemable about it, you are done, you shouldn't be playing. Video games are to be enjoyed. And hating very aspect of a game is pretty much a 'get the hell out of there' sign.

I myself have many issues with the game thats not all down to BfA is more built up over the years, but I still enjoy it enough to keep playing. While I do hate some aspects I still enjoy a lot more.
    this has some truth to it. Ive saw current wow becoming a thing slowly over time, and my issues have built and built with the direction. BFA just sped it up from a long slow list of changes to a huge leap. Still, i love the people i play with - and thats the single solitary thing that keeps me here. For now..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Interim View Post
    i found wod way better in nearly every way. go figure.
    Each to their own, I found Cata worse than WoD personally. But the general consensus says we are both wrong. I think when more expansions come out there is going to be more variety in what our personal worst or best expansions are.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

... filler expansions don't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    It is a filler expansion just like WoD. People will deny this until 8.0 comes out.
    8.0 came out, so now reality can come back - BfA is a full blown expansion with a couple of minor issues.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    When did you start playing, in WoD? Legion was the best state the game ever was? Delusion or trolling?
    Burning Crusade is when i started to really play, after only having tested the game on a friends account during vanilla.

15+ Year Old Account
    There's no such thing as a filler expansion. Filler expansion is a garbage expression used by whiners who can't even form a coherent argument about their problem with the game besides being burnt out by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    At this point, every expansion has been called that. WoD was. Mists was. Legion even was, at first.

"Filler expansion" is meaningless. Every expansion is just an expansion.
    Pretty much this. Filler expansions don't exist, there's just varying levels of expansion quality due to design decisions made. "Filler expansion" just gives you an easy way of pretending an expansion was intended to be bad/not great from the beginning, which is giving Blizzard too much credit(and a shitty defense for them).
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

...ppl are too lazy to do content and cry too much.
    The Man in Black: “They come. They fight. They destroy. They corrupt. It always ends the same.”
    Jacob: “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Pro-tip: If you feel compelled to defend a product from haters, it is not a good product. Good products stand on their own merit and all you have to tell anyone about it is to try it for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    8.0 came out, so now reality can come back - BfA is a full blown expansion with a couple of minor issues.
    Minor understatement.

I already stuck it to Blizzard by playing on a private server, until they get their shit together and make every expansion premium quality.

Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    Pro-tip: If you feel compelled to defend a product from haters, it is not a good product. Good products stand on their own merit and all you have to tell anyone about it is to try it for themselves.
    Thats not a pro-tip at all. Even the best products have their haters who wouldn't try it if they were told to.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Thats not a pro-tip at all. Even the best products have their haters who wouldn't try it if they were told to.
    Every product has haters, bad products, like BFA, make haters out of their longtime fans. The approach of this thread is "BFA is not so bad because...." *excuses*, *pleas to lower expectations*, *promises that things will be better*. If you feel compelled to take that approach, the product is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    We need a megathread or a BfA whining subsection already.

And for the record: I think BfA is lackluster too, but come on it's done, we're in hell so let's enjoy it!
    We already have, the section is named World of Warcraft

7+ Year Old Account
    Ok, lets say that is a filler expansion. Does that give blizzard a pass to make the game as shit as possible? Probably not. Well, at least it shouldn't.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    How is it even humanly possible to have such shitty taste? Legion was the best state the game was ever in, period. Class design was at it's best, with all specs being well rounded and fun to play, a shit ton of unique class content (which made alts fun for the first time in a long time, now it's just boring again), artifact system was amazing and it was a failure to remove it (doing a questline or hunting a hidden skin to add new options to your weapon is infinitely more enjoyable than "this boss drops weapon, kill and bonus roll for gold"), the raids were good, suramar is one of the best zones the game ever had. Claiming otherwise is absolutely fucking delusional.
    On the other hand, I'd say that Legion's basic class design was so shallow that it required OP artifacts, a plethora of content and additional flavor via NLC (which wasn't particularly exciting, but it at least added another layer of customization) to cover it up. Now that we have neither artifacts nor lots of (engaging) content, we can see in plain daylight where the actual issues lie. Every class felt like utter shit during Legion's prepatch.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    ...It is a filler expansion.

Now, hate as much as you wish, but we all knew this. BfA was always going to be a small content expansion, pretty much filling between Legion and what will come afterwards.

I wouldn´t make a pointless threat like this, but lately, people keep complaining and complaining and expecting things to be fixed... well, BfA will never get things fixed because they are, most likely, not working on it anymore other than the incoming raid and, MAYBE, another not too big one afterwards with some sort of new daily quest´s pack and event. Period.

Consider this one a break, a chance to play around with all the alts, whatever. Go out and get some fresh air... most likely the next expansion will be much bigger and time consuming again.
    It's not a small content expansion at all though. It's got 3 full-size raids (and a small 2-boss raid as well) confirmed and there hasn't been any sign yet that the Naz'jatar patch will be the final one, so there might even be a 4th one that comes out. It launched with 10 dungeons and will have at least one more "mega-dungeon" added in 8.2. That's on par with all the other expansions.

BFA isn't lacking in features, the problem is that those features suck and were clearly not fleshed out enough. Island expeditions and warfronts are shallow, the Azerite system feels like they took all the aspects that people hated about artifacts and transferred those over instead of the popular stuff. M+ wasn't tuned properly coming from Legion and their idea for "seasonal thematic affixes" are annoying rather than challenging.

It's not a filler expansion, it's a failure. And they're working on fixing it. Maybe they'll make it work in the end, maybe not. On the surface though it had the same potential as every other expansion. It was never intended to be another WoD.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    ...It is a filler expansion.
    There are no filler expansions. People need to stop acting like there are. They don't need to release a bad expansion in order to release a good one.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2018-12-31 at 11:01 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."