Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    I wonder how many doinks here think Southsore Vs Tarren Mill will magically come back, totally forgetting that those battles halted the moment Honor became a thing and Battlegrounds became the de-facto place to rank up to get your PVP weapons from.
    It wiil for sure come back for a while since there is no battelgrounds at launch. World PvP will be everywhere at the start. And even after bgs are released there is always world pvp going on since you dont have flying mounts and server phase hopping bullshit in vanilla.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2018-12-31 at 09:02 PM.

40 man raids that drop 2 pieces of loot, that can also be 2 pieces of tier that your faction can't even use.

Seriously. 40 man raids were cool, but they were cancer from a guild standpoint. Organizing FORTY people, and gearing them over MONTHS to progress was the single worst thing about O.G. WoW to me.
    Last edited by Eninya; 2018-12-31 at 09:11 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    ILVL / gearscore.
    ilvl existed in classic, people just cared less.
    also gearscore is a player creation, same with "ilvl" not blizzard...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Meeting Stone did exactly that for classic though. You basically "queue'd" up for a Dungeon either at the Meeting Stone of the dungeon, or at the innkeeper in the zone of that dungeon. Unless I remember incorrectly. At least that is how it worked on the classic demo as well for Deadmines.
    You remember incorrectly.

The innkeeper did nothing but offer you a place to set your hearthstone and/or sell you basic stuff.

The meeting stones only allowed you to summon people in your party if you had 2 available at the stone to summon. I don't ever recall any "queue" ever in Classic with those stones. Hell, there weren't even designated tank/healer/dps roles. you just went in with whatever you wanted! :P

Hell, I remember the days you could raid dungeons with 40 people. that was kinda fun and silly. :P

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post
    Keep Ion the hell away from Classic and Classic might be good.
    Ion was actually a top teir guild lead in vanilla and TBC, he made guides for raids and was pretty respected in the high teir community.

Deleted
    Any of the devs involved with the live game.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    It wiil for sure come back for a while since there is no battelgrounds at launch. World PvP will be everywhere at the start. And even after bgs are released there is always world pvp going on since you dont have flying mounts and server phase hopping bullshit in vanilla.
    Nostalgae glasess are on with this one.

Flying Mounts didn't happen in Azeroth until Cataclysm, and phasing didn't happen until end of Cataclysm... and World PVP was WAAAAAAY dead before BC even started, nevermind Cataclysm!

It's good if BGs not happening initially is true, that will definetly bring the world PVP back - but the moment those go live... just like pre-BC/classic vanilla - POOOF - goodbye world PVP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Ion was actually a top teir guild lead in vanilla and TBC, he made guides for raids and was pretty respected in the high teir community.
    ...I believe you may be confusing his EQ days with this one.

And you can be a great fanboi, doesn't mean you're a great developer (as BfA is rapidly proving).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    A game without Susan and her gold selling lackeys spamming trade. People want vanilla go all in and take the good with the bad. That used to be an easy way to tell if a server was dead, if susanexpress didn't spam trade it probably was dead and you should look elsewhere.
    Oh spit! Dude, you brought a smile to my face! I can't believe I forgot the name "Susanexpress"! HAH! :P

I still remember one of my favorite guild interactions when Zul'Gurub first launched:

"...guys, I just got a whisper from Hakkar! Did anybody else get one!?"

"...did he ask you to buy gold?"

Good god did guild chat blow up with laughter on that one! ^_^

EDIT: Damn, you make me almost consider playing vanilla to roll a "Susanexpress" character JUST to role-play trade-chat! =D I'd do it, if i didn't know somebody would take me seriously and report me to Blizz. >_<

7+ Year Old Account

Flying Mounts didn't happen in Azeroth until Cataclysm, and phasing didn't happen until end of Cataclysm... and World PVP was WAAAAAAY dead before BC even started, nevermind Cataclysm!

It's good if BGs not happening initially is true, that will definetly bring the world PVP back - but the moment those go live... just like pre-BC/classic vanilla - POOOF - goodbye world PVP.

- - - Updated - - -

And you can be a great fanboi, doesn't mean you're a great developer (as BfA is rapidly proving).
    there is vanilal vids bvut lord those things have horrible music with no chat, and graphics are trash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ5kag-gTcM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gZtb_RJpSU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0rLO_2SiVM

i think that is enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Open PvP died in TBC once enough people hit the gold to buy their flying mounts. It only returned when they added the daily quest sunwell hub where flying was disabled (what a coincidence!).

Open PvP did exist in vanilla on my realm even at last patch and with bgs open. Maybe your realm was dead or had bad faction balance?

People even did the silithus world objectives / eastern plaguelands towers on my realm and battled the shit out of eachother. And the Dark Portal pre event for the launch of TBC was a graveyard with lots of pvp happening.

But once people can fly they will do so to avoid any interaction with other faction basically killing any chance of open pvp happening.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2018-12-31 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by francism View Post
    New content. Whatever they add will have new gear associated with it and that means fewer people running dungeons and raids on the road to Naxxramas. There also should definitely be no raids after Naxx.

Leave the game alone as much as possible.
    This is why I believe they're going to shoe-horn some sort of "Seasonal Character" you can create. I mean, when you get Nax on farm mode... what's the incentive to keep you playing? Unless they're expecting a high-turnover of players at endgame or something...

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by last1214 View Post
    Gold sellers. They will need to be tirelessly hunted and killed.
    This right here, 200%. Gold sellers were annoying as hell. Spamming yells, making floating bodies in the air, whispering you all the time, rolling tons of alts and clogging up starting zones.

Open PvP died in TBC....
    Incorrect

Open world PVP died in Vanilla when Battlegrounds hit. You CLAIM it happened on your realm, but I'm betting it didn't... or at elast what you're considering open world PVP - which is instead rather open-world ganking of low-level people.

Silithus? Not on our server... people just ran it occasionally for those wanting the buff in AQ20. Few-to-no people actually PVPed over it.

Dark portal? I Don't remember any PVP being involved with that at all...

...were you playing on a PVP server? if so, again, taht explains it. it wasn't world PVP, it was just high levels ganking low levels... which is not PVP. It's just ass-hattery. ;p

Open world in OUTLAND died when people hit endgame and went into battlegrounds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eninya View Post
    40 man raids that drop 2 pieces of loot, that can also be 2 pieces of tier that your faction can't even use.

Seriously. 40 man raids were cool, but they were cancer from a guild standpoint. Organizing FORTY people, and gearing them over MONTHS to progress was the single worst thing about O.G. WoW to me.
    I nearly swore off 40 man raid guilds because of that.

I ran with an MC raiding guild for almost 2 months, and finally got enough DKP to roll on some upgrades... and then our guild imploded and our elitists formed another guild to push BWL.

I refused to do any guild at that point unless their focus was Zul'Gurub, and that happened. When they pushed finally into MC I bowed out temporarily, until on night 1 wen the made it 2/3rds of the way through! I was stunned.

The best part? My guild that started with its focus on ZG eventually beat the elitists who left my previous guild to the Nefarian kill in BWL. ^_^
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2018-12-31 at 09:35 PM.

Deleted
    ERPers, blight of any mmo.

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Brazilian hackers.
    They'll just roll need on everything and then spam stupid shit like "jajajaja" or "kkkkkkk"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    PVP would be nice to leave out.
    So...World of Craft it is.
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

Incorrect

Open world PVP died in Vanilla when Battlegrounds hit. You CLAIM it happened on your realm, but I'm betting it didn't... or at elast what you're considering open world PVP - which is instead rather open-world ganking of low-level people.

Open world in OUTLAND died when people hit endgame and went into battlegrounds.
    Nope you are wrong.

No ganking of low level people, max level fights with maybe some innocent bystanders caught in the crossfire. Ganking certainly happend in STV and people would counter pvp the gankers. Battles for the twighlight hammer farm spots in sillithus for example happend regulary while battle grounds were out already. You have to remember that vanilla wasnt like p servers where you have dynamic fake respawn timers of mobs, so there was contest for these spots since they took much longer to respawn.

And as I said when blizzard introduced the open world pvp "objectives" in Silithus/EastPL people played these for a while too. Lots of battles happend there for weeks.
    And then the tbc pre event at the dark portal was another slaughter fest after people got enough of the stupid demons.

Open World PvP died with flying mounts (or explain why pvp happend on quel'danar (not sure about name) island and but did not at skettis / that blades edge daily areas).

Open PvP isnt only done by real pvp players who would only grind battlegrounds if they could. Its done by normal people or pve players too on pvp realms and these people are out in the world but if they can fly / phase away they avoid eachother.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2018-12-31 at 09:59 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    You say that... but clearly you never played as Alliance and had to run all the way the fuck out to Scarlet Monestary from Southshore (having, of course, flown there from Ironforge) every fucking day for a month to do the damn Horseman...

I've died many times to plague lands bears. I dont mind it at all

Quote Originally Posted by Canield View Post
    I've died many times to plague lands bears. I dont mind it at all
    Again... you say that now... ;P

And the problem isn't the plauge bears... it's the RUN. The time it takes just to form the group, let alone go from Ironforge > Southshore > northern tip of WPL...

Honestly I don't ever remember getting killed by plague bears on those runs. It's the TIME it took...

"OH, just do the run while forming the group!"

Yeah, that was my last mistake/straw. I remember doing that, getting to the stone and having our group break up because the tank had to suddenly quit. >_<

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    ERPers, blight of any mmo.
    Listen, there's realistic dreams of what people want, and then there's the impossible. You're asking for the impossible.

That said, you don't have to worry much. They tend to prefer games that look nice.

Nope you are wrong.
    Clearly we're not going to agree, or had very different experiences (again, I suspect you're just talking about ganking lowbies on a PVP server).

So, you come back to me when Classic happens and introduces honor system with battlegrounds and PVP is still alive - then I'll agree. ^_^

But my belief still stands... the moment BGs/Honor system hits - that's the end of World PVP. it's happened before, and it will happen again. And no amount of bias, wishful thinking, and outright fear of placing your bets on a false premise on your part is going to change that.

Activision, but I give it a year before they do something to fuck it up.