Poll: 4 months in WoD vs BfA, which seems more lackluster?

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by helebelemon View Post
    WoD was pretty well-received which included a massive peak in sales, commonly lauded for its more dramatic and cinematic approach to WoW storytelling.
    It went through many, many retcons though, I remember it was very highly criticized because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    People voting BfA is worse than WoD should stop lying or doing drugs or something. BfA is magnitues better than WoD.
    Did you guys forget that there was LITERALLY NOTHING AT ALL to do besides raids in WoD after the first few weeks. NOTHING.
    Sure, your class probably had a few extra buttons back then, sure that made up for the extreme lack of content, lol.
    Just because content is there doesn't mean its engaging or fun.

I liked WoD more overall. At least I didn't had to grind shitty AP back then, had free flasks, food, potions from garrison for raiding, class design wasn't so shit, RNG was still under control and so on...
    Last edited by TOM_RUS; 2018-12-31 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    While most perks were literally useless, some of them were very important. If you happened to receive the important one first, you were much better off than people who received it late. While the perks made you stronger indeed, it was a failed design, no wonder they scrapped it.
    At least it was there! We got absolutely nothing that made us feel better about leveling up during BFA.

I know its prime time to hate, but this is my view.

WoD was pretty amazing leveling, less so after the first time and by my 3rd alt I was pretty burnt out. (I want to say 3-4 months played) I did return late in WoD when HFC was new and played until AtbT in legion.

BfA I was disappointed before release, I wasn't even enjoying the games class design and I stopped playing in beta. I tried the game again in October, played for about an hour before logging out, had no interest in playing for the next 29 days. /smh I tried again in 8.1 and the game still feels meh, I tried harder to enjoy it leveling to 114 while playing with a friend in 1 sitting.

I logged out again, and I haven't logged back in, probably like 14 days left on sub.

I've played somewhere around 15 hours max in BfA.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I believe about 4 months into WoD was.... right around the time I unlocked Tier 3 Garrison and finished the expansion.

So yeah, WoD was worse.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I believe about 4 months into WoD was.... right around the time I unlocked Tier 3 Garrison and finished the expansion.

So yeah, WoD was worse.
    You only got Tier 3 after 4 months?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    You only got Tier 3 after 4 months?
    May have been less. I don't remember what month WoD launched, but I know I got it in November.

It being the tier 3 Garrison. Not the expansion.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

15+ Year Old Account
    To me, WoD was worse.
    I was only able to level my druid and shaman before getting so bored that I quit till HFC and tanaan came out. I had a decent time leveling allts and gearing thru tanaan till Legion dropped although it was only the last 3 months of expansion.

BfA is great for leveling. I love the zones and imo is decent fun gearing alts up to 360-370 item level before moving on to the next. The assaults and second warfront make gearing so much better. We could use 1 more warfront and increase item level of WQs to 340 to really smoothe things out. Item levels for WQ are a fucking joke.
    Mission tables need a MAJOR buff to reward. 100 gold per mission is a slap in the face. The only missions I do on alts is pet charms (LOL) and AP.

The only thing that WoD is better about is class design. BfA class design sucks unless you are a sellout havok DH.
    Balance is strong but I do not like it. Destruction lock is currently my favorite spec but overall class disparity is ridiculous!
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

10+ Year Old Account
    I still had fun in WoD, BfA is just boring af.

Only having to pvp in trashran for a while to be raid-ready on any alt I wanted was legit.

Ret was 20x more fun than it is now so was rogue in general so I'd take that well over BfA any day of the week, even over legion which is when design really started hitting an all new low point.

I mean neither really have content, only difference is class design is worse now.

At least pvp was playable then which is what I usually fall back on when pve is trash.

In the end they're both just filler xpacs.

Quote Originally Posted by Razzako View Post
    It went through many, many retcons though, I remember it was very highly criticized because of that.
    Oh I definitely can't disagree with that, but that's pretty much WoW in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    I don't even care if Blizzard gets bad press - if the game is fun for me and my GF, we buy and play it. Many times I've bought a "bad" game and had fun for hours.

But yeah, shit is being overblown. I've seen threads on reddit about people not liking the Island Expedition mobs because - gasp - you can't mob the entire island and AoE it down without being CC'ed to death. Oh the woes.

At least this expansion I can play my off-specs without grinding Artifact Power for the extra weapons. Overall, for me, BfA feels very much like Legion 2.
    agree to everything.

I hated that garrison with great passion, so nothing will ever equal WoD in retardness. Then we got the shipyard. Please kill me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I still had fun in WoD, BfA is just boring af.

Only having to pvp in trashran for a while to be raid-ready on any alt I wanted was legit.

Ret was 20x more fun than it is now so was rogue in general so I'd take that well over BfA any day of the week, even over legion which is when design really started hitting an all new low point.

I mean neither really have content, only difference is class design is worse now.

At least pvp was playable then which is what I usually fall back on when pve is trash.

In the end they're both just filler xpacs.

this is something i agree. ret is boring as f. and sub rogue is also nearly same boring. class design is my biggest concern with bfa.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Problem with WoD was once your garrison stagnated (a few months in) it became pretty bland.

I always found the environment, leveling and dungeon/raid design of WoD to be superb. The above is the problem though. The major feature of WoD was the garrisons, and they entered maintenance mode a few months in, essentially burning the major feature of the expansion.

The issue with blanket statements of expansions being bad is that everybody has there own idea about what makes an expansion good or not. Just like with politics, there are people who are single 'issue' players in WoW as well. For example, in that era of the game, as long as the check box of "Are raid and dungeon design to my liking?" is checked, I couldn't be bothered to critically analyze the rest of expansion. Since Legion I don't think I could live without M+, but there are loads of people in the camp I just mentioned who only care if the raids were quality or not, and both WoD and BFA (thus far) have quality raids.

I actually loved WoD because I played other games when I wasn't raiding or content was on farm, and I was absolutely fine with that. It really didn't matter to me that there wasn't much to do outside of raiding because I just filled it with other games, and was more than glad to come back and progress or do farm each week. This story isn't unique to WoD either, every major iteration of WoW is like this for me. Why? Because if you want to be honest about it, there's never been much to do outside of raiding since this games inception. Daily quests/world quests (pick your poison), reputation grinds, world PvP, BGs, dungeons (now M+) are the only source of content outside of raiding, and all of these have been pillars of the franchise for 14 years now (often just remade under different systems). Some of the systems in this game have for sure changed, but if you think the product is massively different over the entire 14 years, you're sorely mistaken.

To answer the question, I'm actually not sure. Garrisons were amusing for the first few months, and I actually enjoyed WoDs class design better (my biggest issue with WoW is they've stopped expanding upon classes for a few expansions now, instead they take stuff away at the end of an expansion, bake a couple things in then add a couple things to sometimes fill the holes that you lost). BFA has M+ though. Probably go with WoD though, because challenge modes were also fun for the first few months (even if I got all golds in the first couple weeks).

Both are better than WoTLK though. Nothing more amusing then doing a piss easy raid for 6 months and having virtually nothing to do until Ulduar came out. Daily quests and reputation grinds are fun content though right? I always like to ask what people did until Ulduar came out in WoTLK. The evil time gated rep in Storm Peaks? Lol.

Blizzards SINGLE BIGGEST ISSUE with BFA is that they took everything people had in Legion (whether it was balanced or not) and took nearly all of it away without thinking about the consequences. Drops in power (at least in regards to scaling) happen with every expansion, but losing legendary items, set pieces (2 and 4 piece bonuses on some classes), artifact ability and some of the cooler effects of the artifact (not talking +2% damage shit) in addition to the crucible and you can see why people don't like the Azerite system.

Is the Azerite system bad? No, but it certainly doesn't come close to making up for what was lost transitioning to BFA. Azerite right now is essentially picking a few gold traits on one ring, with the other pieces being much more akin to the crucible system.

WoD was so bad that I unsubbed from WoW for the first time during 6.2, but unlike BFA, I was still actually logging in to play the game 4 months into the expansion. I found the garrison and legendary questlines to be interesting, and I was still having fun getting those stables mounts and doing PvP.

With BFA, I've found the very zone questlines to be so un-engaging that I can't be bothered to do the rest to unlock world quests (and world quests were lackluster content anyways). They landed on gold with the pseudo old school talent tree in the form of the artifact system which I was interested in progressing through, but the Azerite system is a straight downgrade and I want nothing to do with it. Furthermore, I can't even buy the PvP gear I want. They removed the mage tower and replaced it with nothing, leaving yet again an empty void in challenging singleplayer content. Dungeons haven't been interesting since MoP, which leaves group content with friends (raids or PvP) the only reason for me to log in, so I pretty much only log in when someone invites me to something. I might let my sub run out.

Honestly I usually hate the first 4 to 6 months of an expansion. The first raid never does it for me, the leveling is always the slowest, I have to grind the hardest then, and the classes are normally wonked up pretty bad. The second and third sections of an expansion are usually when I enjoy it more. The classes tend to iron out, the heaviest parts of grind are nerfed, leveling is sped up, and the raids are normally more story integrated and interesting.

I can't remember a T1 raid that I really loved. Uldir (meh, G'Huun easily one of the most unrewarding bosses ever, kind of fun, but unrewarding), Emerald Nightmare (meh could use more red and black), Highmaul (kill me now), Tov/Heart/etc (too chopped up), BWD/BoT (not that bad, but again not ones I didn't burnout on quick), Naxx and Co. (didn't hate, but was super quick, and too chopped), Kara/Gruul, Mags (might be the only T1 raid I liked, but ended up running it into the fucking ground). I'll skip vanilla. These are all easily some of my least favorite raids of all time outside a few dashed in here and there.

This should be a two pronged question;

- Character classes
    - Game itself, new zones, questing, dungeons, raids, epic gear, etc...

Classes suck ass in BfA and were much more fun and overall better in WoD. Really it's the generic and bland shitty class design in BfA that has me most sad.

Now the new zones and game world in BfA is much better, and lots more to do than in WoD.

But I do miss Tier sets, and not a fan of Azerite or Artifact crap, and I hate the AP grind, that's needs to be wiped away in the next expansion. Just go back to gearing up via tokens and badges from NPC vendors. And those tokens only drop in high end dungeons and raids. Stop this AP grind for your gear, it sucks balls.

Also ditch all this World Quest grind and emissaries bullcrap.

Sol to the point which expansion is better? There so different in the way they both suck. Hard to say one is worse than the other. But BfA is just boring, and lacks any soul, it's not terrible, it's just lame, and not pulling me in like previous expansions.
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2019-01-01 at 12:11 AM.

How boring WoD was it still had better class design than BfA (Still prefer MoP classes) and no forced crz / sharding bullshit. WoW is dead to me, the suits ruined it, fucking greedy corporations all ways fucking ruin a good thing/s.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    BfA: content that i don't like e.g wf ie wq m+ and worst class design ever
    BfA: no content, decent class design.
    Only difference is wod having better class design to me.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!