Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Why must Blizzard break fun?

So I spent a lot of time getting old gear and trinkets and things that are fun in Timewalking dungeons. Then I see today that the sockets no longer work in timewalking. WHY does blizzard break fun? I feel like sets should work in Timewalking as well.

Thanks 8.1.

Deleted
    Legion/ MoP legendaries shouldn't work in timewalking either. And Neither should other expansion set bonuses or azerite gear .

If you didn't use it when the expansion was current, you shouldn't be able to use it.
    Last edited by mmoce81e69ea37; 2019-01-01 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    So I spent a lot of time getting old gear and trinkets and things that are fun in Timewalking dungeons. Then I see today that the sockets no longer work in timewalking. WHY does blizzard break fun? I feel like sets should work in Timewalking as well.

Thanks 8.1.
    Legendarys should also not work in TW.
    Most people did not farmed them or got them from the past and some cant get collected anymore so its only fair for newer player.

Are sockets greyed out or you are confused by seeing lower gem values?

Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    Are sockets greyed out or you are confused by seeing lower gem values?
    I don't get it either. Last time I did TW all my Legos worked fine, including the MoP cloak and any sockets. I have several fully gemmed and enchanted TW sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Most people did not farmed them or got them from the past and some cant get collected anymore so its only fair for newer player.
    Who gives a shit if someone can do a little more dps in time walking. Why does fair even matter here. I have yet to join a time walking dungeon since it's inception that didn't have a sub max level participant in it. I don't even bother but I think it should be a bonus to those who did play the expansion since hte content doesn't matter at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaibhan View Post
    Who gives a shit if someone can do a little more dps in time walking. Why does fair even matter here. I have yet to join a time walking dungeon since it's inception that didn't have a sub max level participant in it. I don't even bother but I think it should be a bonus to those who did play the expansion since hte content doesn't matter at all.
    Fair how? Its a dungeon. Get it done ASAP and get out for another.

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    Legion/ MoP legendaries shouldn't work in timewalking either. And Neither should other expansion set bonuses or azerite gear .

If you didn't use it when the expansion was current, you shouldn't be able to use it.
    Give me better justification for this. I earned them and damn it I want to use them in timewalking. Set bonuses are already broken and have been for a while.
    Last edited by SoulForge; 2019-01-01 at 07:01 PM.

I wonder if you do any more damage with your 'time sets' than decently geared player.

As long as they don't break my shadowmourne I'm happy,I can already only use it in two of the timewalkings,but it's always great fun

People were having much more fun collecting a timewalking set than doing actual TW, can't have that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post

Give me better justification for this. I earned them and damn it I want to use them in timewalking. Set bonuses are already broken and have been for a while.
    Timewalking was made for players to experience old content without 1 shoting every mob. Timewalking is already dumbed down, it doesn't need to be dumbed down even more with legion and BFA set bonuses/azerite/legendaries

Because Blizz is always like:

“The team feels..”
    “The team wants..”
    “The team thinks..”

How about fucj off and do what the players ask for and don’t fuck up the request like they did with residuum

Quote Originally Posted by HCLM View Post
    I wonder if you do any more damage with your 'time sets' than decently geared player.
    Significantly more so. Especially with the legendary items. Without the sockets though it has been nerfed a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    As long as they don't break my shadowmourne I'm happy,I can already only use it in two of the timewalkings,but it's always great fun
    Since the level squish your Shadowmourne should be good right through WoD timewalking.

OP; are you positive the gems aren't working or did you just finally noticed that they've now scaled gems and enchants?

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Who cares about whats fair in Timewalking? It's not supposed to be competitive content. It's supposed to be something fun to do every other week for cosmetic rewards. Why do you or anyone care what gear people are using?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrunner01 View Post
    Who cares about whats fair in Timewalking? It's not supposed to be competitive content. It's supposed to be something fun to do every other week for cosmetic rewards. Why do you or anyone care what gear people are using?
    Might as well disallow the use of mounts that can't be obtained anymore. Same for titles. I mean fair is fair right?

Timewalking was made for players to experience old content without 1 shoting every mob. Timewalking is already dumbed down, it doesn't need to be dumbed down even more with legion and BFA set bonuses/azerite/legendaries
    No it's not.

Timewalking at this stage of the game is a leveling boost and catch-up mechanic.

It's not even really dumbed down so much as oddly scaled - currently scaled to a point where it takes longer to do a single TW dungeon than it does to do a regular mythic dungeon.

Timewalking in general was poorly implemented with such a limited number of dungeons per expansion and then they made it an "event" but now the scaling is off and frankly it's just not as interesting as it used to be.

I used to look forward to timewalking. I could throw on an old set - still can with a 2-piece bonus of hands/legs/cloak, don't want to go beyond that because Azerite gear is actually pretty valuable. Then I could add the ring just prior to legendary from WoD, the ring from Ashen Verdict, throw on some fun weapons with good enchants like the weapons from Deathwing or other legendaries with good procs. Then add as much gear with lots of gems and just go in and have fun going nuts as tank or dps.

Now though, the reward isn't very good for time invested, the dungeon lists remain small and get more uninteresting each time timewalking is up, the dungeons aren't very much of a threat but take too long.

There really isn't a very good reason to timewalk right now except if you're a fresh 120 and you need to get to 320 fast to get better gear in the warfront.

10+ Year Old Account
    Timewalking was made for players to experience old content
    Legendaries and sets are part of old content, your argument is invalid.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

They aren't breaking fun, you are clearly having fun the wrong way. Ion is just there to remind of this, you aren't having fun teh right way!

Too bad it's impossible, you cannot seriously experience old content if it's not current. People with full BIS gear should roflstomp the dungeons, as they were able when they were current...