Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    I mean, just recently 4 people I know started playing. So guess it evens out slightly.

It kinda goes both ways with anecdotal evidence like that.
    Well people should start supporting private servers more and Blizzard will have to cave and make a classic server for every iteration of wow, which they should have done in the first place.

Infracted: Private servers violate copyright and should not be encouraged. {MoanaLisa}
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-01-01 at 09:07 PM.

I mean, the stocks are down because the market is fluctuating, correct, but if you look at EA and Activision compared to other tech companies, you'll see a steeper decline than the others.

While I agree the main cause of the drop in market value for a lot of these companies is related to investors pulling out of all tech companies, it's evident that the companies that have had a lot of issues last year (I.E. controversies like Diablo Immortal, EA being EA, etc.) didn't weather the storm as efficiently as others like Microsoft which, from my recollection, had no controversies last year that would have caused a more dramatic decline.

I'm not a stocks guy, but this is just my personal opinion. Take it with what you will.
    FFXIV: Zelliaind Rageborne - "FC Daddy" of Log Horizon <Lv??> on US-Leviathan
    FFXIV: Nihzoh'sae Grimwolfe - Co-Lead of Crimson Lotus Rebirth <_Ryu_> on US-Malboro

Quote Originally Posted by KronosIII View Post
    Maybe you should be worried as Elon has said a few times he has considered going private. However that is probably not going to happen. It was a smart time to buy in September but not so much at the current moment. A perso should be freaked out on buying stock relative to when they have bought said stock.

For example if someone were to buy Blizzards stock after Diablo Immortal announcement when it dropped the company would have to rise in over 30 to 40 dollars of value to recover the losses.(not garner a profit) Many people bought when it fell thinking, "it won't go any lower" only to be in a worse situation. Your freakout is completely objective to the time of the buy.
    I wouldn't mind if Musk took it private to be honest. He'd have to buy it out at a price high enough to entice others to sell which is good enough for me.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    pretty much, i saw alot of people screaming
    "50% down, this is YEARS lost!"
    and
    "Diablo immortal costs blizz 50% stock!"
    without really looking at why?
    why did the stock go down, when did they go down, have others gone down?
    and how much did it really go down? cause 50% sounds like ALOT but in the stock market, as you can see
    the last time it was A HIGH AS IT IS CURRENTLY was march 2017
    i commented on a few, but felt that it needed a thread so more people could see it.
    We've been in a "bear" market for a while. Which means there was over a 20% correction (drop) in stocks before the new year happened. Lots of worry about the Fed raising interest rates so people are taking profits now and will reinvest again at the lower price.

Same shit happens if there was like an explosion at all the major oil companies. Their business would be in jeopardy but the entire stock market from tampons to grocery stores would be hit.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

pretty much, i saw alot of people screaming
    "50% down, this is YEARS lost!"
    and
    "Diablo immortal costs blizz 50% stock!"
    without really looking at why?
    why did the stock go down, when did they go down, have others gone down?
    and how much did it really go down? cause 50% sounds like ALOT but in the stock market, as you can see
    the last time it was A HIGH AS IT IS CURRENTLY was march 2017
    i commented on a few, but felt that it needed a thread so more people could see it.

You deceptively didnt shown the Y labels which is the price per stock, while the tech and gaming market is on decline Activision/Blizzard and EA are the ones that lost over 50%, Ubisoft, MS, Sony, Take2 are down but not lost 50%.

Activision/Blizzard is on full damage control firing CFOs after doing stupid after stupid.

But dont worry WOW is not closing because of this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    You deceptively didnt shown the Y labels which is the price per stock, while the tech and gaming market is on decline Activision/Blizzard and EA are the ones that lost over 50%, Ubisoft, MS, Sony, Take2 are down but not lost 50%.

Activision/Blizzard is on full damage control firing CFOs after doing stupid after stupid.

Hmm. Why are people talking about the CFO thing in a way such as this, when clearly they've misunderstood what's going on? Embarrassing.

Stocks goes up, stocks goes down. If this ends up impacting wow in some way then all people have to do is quit, if they dont like it. Nobody is forcing you to play.
    Hi

7+ Year Old Account

except i did show the Y...
    ALSO
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2019-01-02 at 10:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

FFS this still....
    THE CFO LEFT FOR NETFLIX. HE WAS NOT FIRED FOR PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I also love the 's' there, as if there have been multiple...
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

--- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-01-03 at 03:27 AM. Reason: Removed Meme Image

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelliaind View Post
    I mean, the stocks are down because the market is fluctuating, correct, but if you look at EA and Activision compared to other tech companies, you'll see a steeper decline than the others.

While I agree the main cause of the drop in market value for a lot of these companies is related to investors pulling out of all tech companies, it's evident that the companies that have had a lot of issues last year (I.E. controversies like Diablo Immortal, EA being EA, etc.) didn't weather the storm as efficiently as others like Microsoft which, from my recollection, had no controversies last year that would have caused a more dramatic decline.

I'm not a stocks guy, but this is just my personal opinion. Take it with what you will.
    when you look from blizzcon onwards its clear investors didnt like what unfolded.
    then Market corrections kicked in. It was around the 65 dollar mark its been off that for over 2 months now.
    Brilliant time to actually buy stock. IMHO there will be major changes but done very slowly and controlled

Market correction in Tech is like 20-25% on average, but 50+? ATVI is way out of line.
    And for good reasons:
    No new IPs announced,
    only average earnings, no growth
    weak performance from the latest 2 IPs (Hots is dead without a league, Overwatch is underperforming),
    and the only new revenue-stream that will not get tapped for weeks/months to come is getting disastrous reactions during its reveal.

Diablo:I will make some money, but the mobile market is in a consolidation-phase, and at the same time MTX and lootboxes are getting put under the microscope by a whole lot of goverments, including the Chinese.

If you want to buy ATVI stock do so ... after reading the next quarterly earning report. So far chances are good that with no new IPs or other goods news that they will take a hit again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

I'm pretty sure blizz will recover fairly well once the next expac hits. *i'm going on hope here*
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

15+ Year Old Account
    except i did show the Y...
    ALSO
    Blizzard is Nasdaq....

But anyways. https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/21/us-s...own-fears.html

• The Dow lost 6.8 percent and 1,655 points on the week. It was its worst percentage drop since October 2008.
    • The Nasdaq lost 8.3 percent on the week and is now 22 percent below its record reached in August, a bear market.
    • The S&P 500 lost 7 percent for the week and is now down 17.8 percent from its record.
    The entire market is down. Everyone goes down when the market takes big dips regardless of whether they are even related. I learned this 20 years ago when my tech company continued to post amazing numbers yet when the competitors posted poor quarterly earning we all dropped.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by segara82 View Post
    Market correction in Tech is like 20-25% on average, but 50+? ATVI is way out of line.
    And for good reasons:
    No new IPs announced,
    only average earnings, no growth
    weak performance from the latest 2 IPs (Hots is dead without a league, Overwatch is underperforming),
    and the only new revenue-stream that will not get tapped for weeks/months to come is getting disastrous reactions during its reveal.

Diablo:I will make some money, but the mobile market is in a consolidation-phase, and at the same time MTX and lootboxes are getting put under the microscope by a whole lot of goverments, including the Chinese.

If you want to buy ATVI stock do so ... after reading the next quarterly earning report. So far chances are good that with no new IPs or other goods news that they will take a hit again.
    Since there's nothing new on the radar for next quarter it does make sense that the stock will drop as people take their gains for the year. They'll buy in low and ride it up when something new is about to launch.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Blizzard is Nasdaq....

• The Dow lost 6.8 percent and 1,655 points on the week. It was its worst percentage drop since October 2008.
    • The Nasdaq lost 8.3 percent on the week and is now 22 percent below its record reached in August, a bear market.
    • The S&P 500 lost 7 percent for the week and is now down 17.8 percent from its record.
    The entire market is down. Everyone goes down when the market takes big dips regardless of whether they are even related. I learned this 20 years ago when my tech company continued to post amazing numbers yet when the competitors posted poor quarterly earning we all dropped.

- - - Updated - - -

Since there's nothing new on the radar for next quarter it does make sense that the stock will drop as people take their gains for the year. They'll buy in low and ride it up when something new is about to launch.
    well then. this is a big

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oathy View Post
    when you look from blizzcon onwards its clear investors didnt like what unfolded.
    then Market corrections kicked in. It was around the 65 dollar mark its been off that for over 2 months now.
    Brilliant time to actually buy stock. IMHO there will be major changes but done very slowly and controlled
    it was not blizzcon it was the Q3 release that made it start to lower
    notice how november 3 to november 8th it barely dropped? november 8th is where it started dropping, for example cause destiny 2 and black ops both were doing "meh"
    investors literally gave 0 shit about blizzcon

Although looking at it there is a slight dip, but most likely still from the stuff that was going on before since october you can see the "8th" dip
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Spencer Neumann was terminated for violating his legal obligations to Activision Blizzard.

https://investor.activision.com/news...hief-financial

Had absolutely nothing to do with the financial preformance.

Probably because someone at Netflix HR slipped up , got his starting date wrong , assumed he had started already so emailed Activision Blizzard HR to follow up on HR related stuff. ATVI HR went "whaaaaaaa" and went to the Board with it.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maglen View Post
    While it can be explained away in many reasons the basic fact remains:

Losing a whole year of value is REALLY REALLY bad. Most companies would be looking to new leadership at that point.
    you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about and luckily stocks are looked at over several years and at one year in which case blizzard is still up

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Blizzard is Nasdaq....

- - - Updated - - -

Stockmarkets are like bad ranked players.
    They assume their peak is where they should be on average and that the only way is up.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Maglen View Post
    While it can be explained away in many reasons the basic fact remains:

Losing a whole year of value is REALLY REALLY bad. Most companies would be looking to new leadership at that point.
    seems like you never ever owned any stocks.

yes it is bad . but all markets fluctuate.

US is entering strong recession ofc the values drop.

thank your amazing tanned leader for this

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    seems like you never ever owned any stocks.

yes it is bad . but all markets fluctuate.

US is entering strong recession ofc the values drop.

thank your amazing tanned leader for this
    Do you guys not have walls?

Why are there a bunch of graphs with no numbers or percentages? That's wildly dishonest.

Didn't blizzard fall at a higher percentage rate compared to other companies? I'm not doubting they all fell, but blizzards was a bit bigger AND didn't start til just after all the bad news regarding them started.
    Last edited by Toppy; 2019-01-03 at 11:31 AM.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg