Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    i need either the 5 or 6 sockets recipe; so i can spam the fusings (chest is at 20% already).

Don't wanna "ruin" it with random jeweler rols
    6 socket, color it, then spam. No real reason to do anything different, just trust in the spam.

If you need to off-color it, there is the vorici method of socketing to save on massive chroms
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Additionally, get the chest to +28% Quality with Hillock in the Safehouses for better chances.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    6 socket, color it, then spam. No real reason to do anything different, just trust in the spam.

If you need to off-color it, there is the vorici method of socketing to save on massive chroms
    I have never, not once, needed more than what vorici charges for 6 linking things by just spamming orbs. And I have all but one character with a 6L weapon (where applicable) and Chest - one char doesn't need a 6L chest for the build, just 5, so I didn't bother. I have one of each class/character plus an additional Witch. I really think they need to lower the cost of the 6L craft, I mean, even inflating it for a guaranteed hit like the others do, it's still way too much.

I want to know if they have a way to see the statistics of what the average actually is to manually 6L.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

So Mastermind is actually pretty rad. Did it a couple times and it drops pretty great, and it's a sweet little fight with some nice mechanics to it.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post

Ok then playi g ssf doesnt help since currency is sparse, but im dropping quite a bunch of 6 sockets gear for jewellers
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Ok then playi g ssf doesnt help since currency is sparse, but im dropping quite a bunch of 6 sockets gear for jewellers
    Never understood why anyone would play this game SSF. It's like going hunting, but shooting off one of your legs first. That isn't a challenge - it's intentionally gimping yourself for absolutely zero benefit.
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Never understood why anyone would play this game SSF. It's like going hunting, but shooting off one of your legs first. That isn't a challenge - it's intentionally gimping yourself for absolutely zero benefit.
    To me instead trading is just a shortcut to avoid farming. I don't find the appeal in buying everything i need. Instead i find satisfying to create something from the ground up and see how far i can get.

Anyway personal preference, i know the game is designed around trade and it's not a complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So Mastermind is actually pretty rad. Did it a couple times and it drops pretty great, and it's a sweet little fight with some nice mechanics to it.
    Its a nice fight once you know it indeed, my only complaint is that it's not very clear that the boss becomes damage immune and what you need to do when it happens. Running around aimlessly until you die and look up a youtube vid for wtf is going on isn't particularly brilliant design.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Just killed Shaper for the first time.
    Wasted my set that I had farmed, bought one and killed it with no deaths after learning that spamming leap slam all over the place when he does the slam animation works better then just walking.

It's more like going hunting without buying a rifle. It has its appeal but is admittedly harder with loads more to grind for. At least there are cards that can be farmed for specific uniqued but definitely don't use a build that is unique dependant.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    So this league i did two firsts for me. Played a summoner build (Specte/Skeles) and played a build that uses Chaos Innoculation.

The summoner was fun but i got tired of the minions being derpy. Id pop vaal Skeletons and have 32 skeletons with about half of them walking idly around.

My CI build just hit 70. I am running a simple Whispering Ice build. So far enjoying it a lot. Not the fastest but love the tankyness. I have only found 2 exalts worth of currency so far this league, and only fought elder once, so i had to build budget. My goal right now is to level a bit more and get some better jewels, mine are currently shit, but i definitely like the simplicity of Whispering Ice/Scorching Ray.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    So this league i did two firsts for me. Played a summoner build (Specte/Skeles) and played a build that uses Chaos Innoculation.

The summoner was fun but i got tired of the minions being derpy. Id pop vaal Skeletons and have 32 skeletons with about half of them walking idly around.

My CI build just hit 70. I am running a simple Whispering Ice build. So far enjoying it a lot. Not the fastest but love the tankyness. I have only found 2 exalts worth of currency so far this league, and only fought elder once, so i had to build budget. My goal right now is to level a bit more and get some better jewels, mine are currently shit, but i definitely like the simplicity of Whispering Ice/Scorching Ray.
    have a link to that Whispering Ice build? Really interested in making a build around that but all the ones I've looked at so far aren't for my tastes. I want a pure Cold build, which isn't optimal DPS sure, but most builds do convert to fire or something. I have like 3 freaking fire builds, I want a cold build for once!

have a link to that Whispering Ice build? Really interested in making a build around that but all the ones I've looked at so far aren't for my tastes. I want a pure Cold build, which isn't optimal DPS sure, but most builds do convert to fire or something. I have like 3 freaking fire builds, I want a cold build for once!
    Have you considered Vortex/Cold Snap Oculist?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Mine is just a simple converts to fire build lol. Its awesome, my 74 Scion is handling T11+ maps better than my summoner did. Right now the only thing i die to is if a Syndicate jumps me with zero mobs around, but as long as i have something to leech from i'm good.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.

Winter Orb + Cast While Channeling linked and slotted into Whispering Ice. None of the remaining slots *need* to be linked, since they'll apply to WI automatically, but I guess you could link them so Winter Orb gains the benefit. Get as much Int as you can (since it directly boosts WI damage). I went CI + Vaal Pact + Ghost Reaver and threw a Life Leech into WI. I'm also using Ice bite + Hypothermia + Conc Effect/Cascade (though Cascade + WI can have a negative impact on your frame rate).

I ran a silimar-ish build during Incursion using Blight as the channeling skill, which did well, though I focused more on Cold Damage than Int + Cold Damage and I think going Int + Cold is the way to go. For that build I went CWDT + Orb of Storms + CoH + Enfeeble (or your curse of choice), and I had a Frostbite + Totem that I would occasionally drop. However, I've always wanted to mess with Doedre's Skin, so I'm running around with that and 6 curses in it at the moment (Enfeeble, Temp Chains, Frostbite, Ele Weakness, Warlord's Mark, Assassins' Mark).

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    First season I've actually done 'endgame stuff' and overwhelmed by the sheer amount of loot, macros, addons, websites, and spreadsheets I have to consult to play this game. Most fun I've had in an ARPG tbh. Still haven't settled on a character/build and finished my atlas, but this is 100x further than I've ever gone so it's all good. Watching Quin stream this AM and leaving my trade tabs open to sell, casually running price checks on stuff I hadn't priced...See a wand called The Poet's Pen.

I've never gotten this far in, so I had no idea what a marvelous amount of currency was headed my way. Just sold it. Roll the Scrooge McDuck dank memes.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Winter Orb + Cast While Channeling linked and slotted into Whispering Ice. None of the remaining slots *need* to be linked, since they'll apply to WI automatically, but I guess you could link them so Winter Orb gains the benefit. Get as much Int as you can (since it directly boosts WI damage). I went CI + Vaal Pact + Ghost Reaver and threw a Life Leech into WI. I'm also using Ice bite + Hypothermia + Conc Effect/Cascade (though Cascade + WI can have a negative impact on your frame rate).

I ran a silimar-ish build during Incursion using Blight as the channeling skill, which did well, though I focused more on Cold Damage than Int + Cold Damage and I think going Int + Cold is the way to go. For that build I went CWDT + Orb of Storms + CoH + Enfeeble (or your curse of choice), and I had a Frostbite + Totem that I would occasionally drop. However, I've always wanted to mess with Doedre's Skin, so I'm running around with that and 6 curses in it at the moment (Enfeeble, Temp Chains, Frostbite, Ele Weakness, Warlord's Mark, Assassins' Mark).
    I really like the whispering ice staff, its neat playing a build that has completely no need for a 6 link.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dying at level 86 makes me want to cry. . . . .

But I got a 6 link 4red 2blue chest after spending all my chaos orbs. . . so I got that going for me. I recently discovered PoETrade and how it works so now I cant put the game down.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't remember, does GGG have a fixed patterns of what sales come up each weekend? I am wanting to get a Scorching Ray MTX, and would hate to get it, and the next weekend it go on sale. I always try to throw a little money at them every time i come back to the game.

Edit:

Nevermind, i see the exact SR MTX i wanted is on sale right now....I didn't know about the daily deals.
    https://www.pathofexile.com/shop/category/daily-deals
    Last edited by bloodwulf; 2019-01-03 at 04:51 PM. Reason: i researched

l dropped a bow that converts lightining into chaos dmg and a belt that gives me 20%es - i really want to try a bow/CI build now.

Is shrapnel shot/lightning arrow a good skill? Also wondering if starting with shadow or witch for those ES nodes.

EDIT: must admit this league is awesome. I'm still missing the 5 and 6 socket recipes to craft my final gear and delving is a pain if you don'have niko maps. Still i'm rocking with my CoC char and going way ahead of the usual time where i stopped as soon as i started mapping.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2019-01-04 at 12:13 PM.