17 7.17%
  • Tyrande Whisperwind

127 53.59%
  • First Arcanist Thalyssra

13 5.49%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    It was Nathanos, empowered by the valks (which the alliance PC has killed in low level questing anyway). He stopped her, mocked her, chained her and accomplished his goal before easily retreating after Malfurion showed up. He did more than just survive, the only thing that saved Tyrande was Malfurion coming in as well, without him her powers were not enough, he knows that while fighting her the only thing that upsets him is the valk dying because Sylvanas is going to be mad.

If she is suppose to be powerful now they did a bad job showing it, she accomplishes nothing with her powers so far, but maybe in the future they will give her a moment to shine, failing to stop Nathanos with her powers and Malfurion wasn't that time.
    Danuser self insert plot armor, that's it. Don't we all know it by now?

Not to mention the white old guys in the devs office seem to hate nelves as much as they indulge in their sick fetish for Sylvanas.

Deleted
    Everyone has their headcannons loaded. This whole thread is like huge mental gymnastics.
    I believe if we have to choose who of them can win a fight/ level mountain / wrestle arms / use goddess to do all the heavy lifting / teleport from spot A to spot B the results would be different.
    From my personal point of view Tyrande recently has been leveled to top tier, dunno much about Allerias or Sylvanas potential tho but nobody does only writers and stop making assumptions lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    The Valks Sylvanas has are special, not just run of the mill valks. They're the last remaining ones made by the Lich King. And level is irrelevant to killing things. Are you going to say that Garrosh is stronger than Deathwing because he was a higher level as a raid boss?

And again, Nathanos did not chain her, the valks did. And no, Malfurion did not "save her", she broke the chains herself, SHE was the one who made the entire area dark allowing Malfurion to jump in.
    Yes, and in WPL in Andorhal the alliance PC solos one of Sylvanas's personal greater Valks, did you not know that?

Also without Malfurion showing up she wouldn't have been able to even make Nathanos retreat, she wasn't enough to fight him even with her power up, when she probably should have been able to fight him before the power up. Sure she made the area dark, but that wasn't enough to stop Nathanos, Malfurion coming in for the surprise attack also wasn't enough to stop Nathanos. They just make him retreat while he was still able to easily accomplish his goal. It would have been better if Malfurion didn't have to show up to save her, but he had to be there because she wasn't enough by herself even with the power up.

How the hell has Lor'themar as many votes as Thalyssra. He is average and shouldn't be on the list.

Tyrande(Who knows her full power? She got huge buff from Elune.) > Alleria(Eaten incarnate of cosmic force.) > Malfurion(Was apprentice to incarnate of cosmic force.) > Thalyssra(Powerful arcanist.) > Umbric(Above average arcanist, adept of the Void.) > Sylvanas(Has some Death magic.) > Lor'themar(Has no powers, but is a good politician and ranger.)
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

They are all powerful in their own respect at this point in the lore. I assume Thalyssra is the best at time magic, Tyrande is an avatar of a Goddess, Alleria absorbed a darkened Naaru and Sylvanas is an undead/banshee hybdrid that can do whatever the plot demands.

I'd say that Lor'themar is the "weakest" one out of them all, followed by Sylvanas, though I believe that her own powers can at times be exaggerated to a point where she can even "fight" Malfurion, which would make her one of the most powerful elves to exist on Azeroth. She admittedly lost to him before Saurfang's last-second save, but it's Malfurion we're talking about here, in the middle of the wildlands of his home. Sylvanas will in my opinion move up the ladder all the way to the top after she picks up Xal'atath.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2019-01-03 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobus View Post
    Everyone has their headcannons loaded. This whole thread is like huge mental gymnastics.
    I believe if we have to choose who of them can win a fight/ level mountain / wrestle arms / use goddess to do all the heavy lifting / teleport from spot A to spot B the results would be different.
    I am not a fan of the first three I mentioned.

Dunno much about Allerias or Sylvanas potential tho but nobody does only writers and stop making assumptions lol
    I think Sylvanas has some hidden potential, but from what we know for now, her all power is based on her Val'kyr and she isn't powerful alone. However, she might be one of the best archers in WoW.
    Last edited by matrix123mko; 2019-01-03 at 06:45 PM.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Danuser self insert plot armor, that's it. Don't we all know it by now?

Not to mention the white old guys in the devs office seem to hate nelves as much as they indulge in their sick fetish for Sylvanas.
    Yeah, my biggest problem is she needed Malfurion to step in as well and together they still couldn't stop him. It really deflated any kind of power up she had when she can't even stop Nathanos with Malfurion. But it's true the devs really seem to hate the night elves for whatever reason.

Yes, and in WPL in Andorhal the alliance PC solos one of Sylvanas's personal greater Valks, did you not know that?
    And level is irrelevant to killing things. Are you going to say that Garrosh is stronger than Deathwing because he was a higher level as a raid boss?
    Clearly I did not.

Also without Malfurion showing up she wouldn't have been able to even make Nathanos retreat, she wasn't enough to fight him even with her power up, when she probably should have been able to fight him before the power up. Sure she made the area dark, but that wasn't enough to stop Nathanos, Malfurion coming in for the surprise attack also wasn't enough to stop Nathanos. They just make him retreat while he was still able to easily accomplish his goal. It would have been better if Malfurion didn't have to show up to save her, but he had to be there because she wasn't enough by herself even with the power up.
    Nathanos accomplishing his "goal" wasn't done in any part by him. It was literally all the work of the Valks and the Horde PC. Like in most situations, Nathanos did diddlydick for the most part, threw out some sarcastic one liners and somehow is getting praised like he's so good.

Again, for reiteration.

NOTHING done in that situation was by Nathanos' hand. All he did was distract. Malfurion did not "step in to save her", this is just false. He jumped in for a surprise attack. He could have not shown up at all, and she STILL would have been fine. Nothing Malf did was saving Tyrande, all he did was force a Valk to enter combat too.

Clearly I did not.
    You didn't have to raid the valk in low level questing, the alliance PC just took care of it themselves without a problem. They didn't need Thrall or the dragon aspects to do it.

Nathanos accomplishing his "goal" wasn't done in any part by him. It was literally all the work of the Valks and the Horde PC. Like in most situations, Nathanos did diddlydick for the most part, threw out some sarcastic one liners and somehow is getting praised like he's so good.

Again, for reiteration.

NOTHING done in that situation was by Nathanos' hand. All he did was distract. Malfurion did not "step in to save her", this is just false. He jumped in for a surprise attack. He could have not shown up at all, and she STILL would have been fine. Nothing Malf did was saving Tyrande, all he did was force a Valk to enter combat too.
    Nathanos accomplishing his goal had everything to do with him, he stopped her, even overpowered her with his passive buffing, even accomplishing his goal after stopping both "empowered" Tyrande and Malfurion. I mean if you are going to keep saying Nathanos did nothing because he was slightly buffed by the Valks, Tyrande did nothing because she was greatly buffed by Elune (which wasn't enough to combat the power of the two valks). She needed Malfurion to even be able to make Nathanos retreat, while still failing.

I would have though she would have been strong enough to deal with Nathanos before the buff, but it seems she wasn't enough even with the buffs to fight Nathanos sadly.
    Last edited by Every Pwny; 2019-01-03 at 06:55 PM.

You didn't have to raid the valk in low level questing, the alliance PC just took care of it themselves without a problem. They didn't need Thrall or the dragon aspects to do it.
    Because the PC hasn't been shown to be overpowered at all.
    Also incorrect anyway
    This is our only hope. Bring some of Grant's men with you. You'll need their protection for this battle.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Aradne_(quest)

Nathanos accomplishing his goal had everything to do with him, he stopped her, even overpowered her with his passive buffing, even accomplishing his goal after stopping both "empowered" Tyrande and Malfurion. I mean if you are going to keep saying Nathanos did nothing because he was slightly buffed by the Valks, Tyrande did nothing because she was greatly buffed by Elune (which wasn't enough to combat the power of the two valks). She needed Malfurion to even be able to make Nathanos retreat, while still failing.
    Two of the strongest Valks empowering a person isn't a "slight buff". I mean, if you're so interested on focusing on in game mechanics instead, I'm pretty sure it was close to 200% of a buff.

And Nathanos had to retreat should be the key point that he knew his loss was inevitable. I mean, why else if you're winning would you, after gaining two more forces to fight for you, retreat and not take down both Malf and Tyrande like Sylvanas would want?

The answer is he knew he was losing. Which mind you, Tyrande destroyed one of the valks even that Malfurion had to fight to keep off, so so much for thinking he had to rescue her, eh?

Your answers really just are dead giveaways you only did the Horde side of things honestly.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2019-01-03 at 07:01 PM.

Two of the strongest Valks empowering a person isn't a "slight buff". I mean, if you're so interested on focusing on in game mechanics instead, I'm pretty sure it was close to 200% of a buff.

And Nathanos had to retreat should be the key point that he knew his loss was inevitable. I mean, why else if you're winning would you, after gaining two more forces to fight for you, retreat and not take down both Malf and Tyrande like Sylvanas would want?

The answer is he knew he was losing. Which mind you, Tyrande destroyed one of the valks even that Malfurion had to fight to keep off, so so much for thinking he had to rescue her, eh?
    He only started losing after Malfurion came in to rescue Tyrande when she fled from almost being killed, he had the advantage while just fighting Tyrande and the PC because Elune's empowerment wasn't enough to beat the valks empowerment. Malf comes in and roots Nathanos and tanks the valk, without Malf coming in to save Tyrande from her needing to run away from Nathanos because she couldn't handle him by herself with the PC and her empowerments. I would have thought she would have been able to handle Nathanos prior to the Elune thing, but needing Malfurions help and the power up just to fail at stopping Nathanos from accomplishing his goal really deflated any kind of power the night warrior could have given her. I imagine if Sylvanas was there Tyrande and Malf would have both been dead (both leaders vs each other, instead of both night elf leaders failing to stop a secondary forsaken leader).

Your answers really just are dead giveaways you only did the Horde side of things honestly.
    That's not true, but both sides are the same for the fight except for which side the PC is fighting on and whose health bar moves and which side gets the red shirt soldiers.
    Last edited by Every Pwny; 2019-01-03 at 07:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tie between Alleria and Sylvanas.

Tyrande just after, closely followed by Thalyssra.

And then far, far below, the Lord Regent.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    We're only talking about the female elves here =)
    So again why isn't malfurion on the list? xD

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    We're only talking about the female elves here =)
    Lor'themar Theron is a drag-queen then?

Strongest in general, probably Tyrande after the Night Warrior ritual. But she would lose a battle to Sylvanas. Elune has no power over the undead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Strongest in general, probably Tyrande after the Night Warrior ritual. But she would lose a battle to Sylvanas. Elune has no power over the undead.
    Yet another stupid plot twist. A powerful goddess like Elune has no power over some random zombie. Also a retcon, as Tyrande had no problem destroying the undead with Elune's power back in Warcraft 3.

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas ofc. I dont like her but shes definitly strongest.

Quote Originally Posted by Alleria Windrunner View Post
    Lmao Lor'themar. I feel kind of sorry for him. Everyone else on that list has unique superpowers while he is just a generic ranger.
    ^ who’s gonna tell him/her that alleria is the most generic one out of all of them... she’s just human paladin eye candy at this point. The void is to make her seem at least not totally useless

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alectis View Post
    Everyone knows Tyrande didn't just kill Nathanos because of his ridiculous plot armor. Sadly it's still canon, and I hope Blizzard does her justice one day.
    Tyrande and Malfurion can’t do anything though... I do get why people don’t like Nathanos but those two Night elves have always been portrayed as complete losers up until now. (The dark shore war front cinematic is amazing)
    change can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    ^ who’s gonna tell him/her that alleria is the most generic one out of all of them... she’s just human paladin eye candy at this point. The void is to make her seem at least not totally useless
    I can play your game too.

- Tyrande is just Malfurion eye candy at this point. The Night Warrior is to make her seem at least not totally useless;
    - Sylvanas is just Nathanos eye candy at this point. The Banshee Powers is to make her seem at least not totally useless;
    - Thalyssra is just a random elf NPC. The Arcane Powers is to make her seem at least not totally useless.