Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    If there isn't sweeping class changes in 8.1.5 like there was in 7.1.5 then this game is done for.

Gating a selling feature on the back of the box for 6 months into the expansion is fucking hilarious.
    I feel this is pretty entitled.

A selling feature of tBC was getting to fight Illidan and we didn't get there right out of the box.

A selling feature of WotLK was getting to fight the Lich King and we didn't get there right out of the box.

A selling feature of Cataclysm... I hope you get the point.

15+ Year Old Account
    Zandalari and Kul Tiran playable data (unlock scenario, creation screen data, mounts, etc.) are not implemented in 8.1, meaning they will most likely unlock with the release of 8.1.5.

8.1.5 should be on the PTR fairly soon and isn't especially feature heavy, so it shouldn't have too long of a turnaround time. I could even see it launching February 26th or within a couple week's of it. Crucible of Storms probably won't unlock until March, but the Allied Races could be unlocked immediately.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post

A selling feature of tBC was getting to fight Illidan and we didn't get there right out of the box.

A selling feature of WotLK was getting to fight the Lich King and we didn't get there right out of the box.

In TBC box, there is also depicted a netherwing nether drake flying mount, which we also didn't get at launch iirc.

However you cannot compare the main boss of each expansion which is meant to be fought in the last raid(s) with a feature like allied race. One is meant to be kept for last, the other not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post

im pretty sure blood elves and draenei came in at launch

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kyoloco View Post
    So? The first four allied races came months and months before launch.

I don't think there's any reason to assume everything in the trailer has to be available at launch. Like the post you're quoting mentioned, they have had a lot of stuff in trailers that didn't make it in at launch, or didn't make it in period.

Also worth noting that the official website only listed the first four initially, with the others stated to be coming later.

10+ Year Old Account
    The allied race thing is kind of a weird thing to argue about, because Zandalari was originally supposed to be the launch race I'm pretty sure. It was even playable on the Blizzcon build. For some reason though (I'm assuming some dumb story related reason) they changed their decision and decided to go with Mag'har on launch, when that was supposed to be a race added later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    In TBC box, there is also depicted a netherwing nether drake flying mount, which we also didn't get at launch iirc.

However you cannot compare the main boss of each expansion which is meant to be fought in the last raid(s) with a feature like allied race. One is meant to be kept for last, the other not so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by kyoloco View Post
    Yeah, the point is no one ever said we'd get everything on the box right away. That thinking is simplistic and entitled.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    It was even playable on the Blizzcon build.
    No they weren't. Only Lightforged and Highmountain were playable in the Blizzcon demo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    I agree we essentially got duplicate Orcs, Humans, Taurens, Dwarves, Draenei, Elves, Trolls and (assuming this supposition of Vulpera and Mechagnomes) Goblins and Gnomes respectively. They could still add the recent Nelf Undeads as an alt for Forsaken, that really only leaves the Worgen without an allied mirror type race. I can't see them doing anything for Pandas. The next Expac I don't think they will bother with the concept like tripling up the kinds of Orcs etc unless they just move into completely dissimilar to existing races.
    Well, they could give the Horde some Eredar (=Draenei mirror) and the Alliance the High Elves which have at least a fanatical core playerbase, which could be a fair trade-off, and fit if they want to push the "Horde=Evil" narrative further. Worgen could get a Night Elf offshot just as well, since they have been cooperating that closely in the past years. Then, Horde could also get Ogres as an Allied Race, whatever kind that would be - and for the Alliance, there could probably be Lightforged Forsaken in the pipeline. And probably also Saberon for the Horde, to even things out.

BTW, delaying Zandalari and Kul'Tirans so long is a bad move. It has nothing to do with "being entitled". This is already eliminated by the fact that you have still to get reputation and play through the storylines to get these races, which fullfils the "Allied Race" requirement in contrast to the "Core Race" of a faction. Just like with the first Allied Races we got, the Zandalari and Kul'Tirans should have been available sooner.

This would also make the Zuldazar raid much more reasonable than it is now. Attacking the Zandalari from Kul'Tiras AFTER both peoples ally with different factions in a war makes much more sense than before this happens. But well, Blizzard and logic...
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2019-01-04 at 09:47 AM.

Fighting the end boss of an expansion is now considered a "FEATURE" guys. Wrap it up. It wasn't the new skills and abilities at level 70. The 2 new races that were available for buying the box. It also wasn't the flying mounts. It was fighting the end boss. HAHAHAHA

Entitled is the new buzzword for fanboys these days.

YOU'RE SO ENTITLED FOR WANTING A GOOD GAME.

YOU'RE SO ENTITLED FOR EXPECTING THINGS TO BE FIXED FOR LAUNCH. PLEASE WAIT FOR 8.3.

YOU'RE SO ENTITLED TO WANT TO PLAY A RACE THAT WAS ADVERTISED ON THE BOX, PLAYABLE AT BLIZZCON AND STILL NOT RELEASED IN THE GAME 6 MONTHS LATER.

- - - Updated - - -

Never before BfA has a box feature been both gated behind a rep in game and/or not released until 6+ months into the expansion.

All box features, advertised features.... Were always given to you for.... Buying the box.

But I'm so entitled right?

- - - Updated - - -

The first four Allied Races were also lazy as fuck re-skins that have absolutely nothing to do with Battle for Azeroth content.

They were also locked behind asinine rep grinds and were designed as a way to keep people subbed during the content drought.

They also nerfed the fuck out of levelling to keep the addicts subbed hunting that Heritage Armor.
    addicts will find any reasoning for their behavior

Fighting the end boss of an expansion is now considered a "FEATURE" guys. Wrap it up. It wasn't the new skills and abilities at level 70. The 2 new races that were available for buying the box. It also wasn't the flying mounts. It was fighting the end boss. HAHAHAHA

Entitled is the new buzzword for fanboys these days.

YOU'RE SO ENTITLED FOR WANTING A GOOD GAME.

YOU'RE SO ENTITLED FOR EXPECTING THINGS TO BE FIXED FOR LAUNCH. PLEASE WAIT FOR 8.3.

YOU'RE SO ENTITLED TO WANT TO PLAY A RACE THAT WAS ADVERTISED ON THE BOX, PLAYABLE AT BLIZZCON AND STILL NOT RELEASED IN THE GAME 6 MONTHS LATER.
    Try some arguments once your fit is over. And go easy on the straw while you're at it.

Never before BfA has a box feature been both gated behind a rep in game and/or not released until 6+ months into the expansion.

All box features, advertised features.... Were always given to you for.... Buying the box.

But I'm so entitled right?
    Well, I've just pointed some out in the post you've replied to. Yes, a worthy challenge is a selling feature in role-playing games.

This isn't a role playing game anymore.

Please keep screeching entitlement at those who expect a good, finished game for their $60 and $15 monthly fee.

The less addicted people will be over here playing good games.

- - - Updated - - -

It's sad isn't it?

Apparently it's entitlement to expect a good, finished product for my $60 entry price and $15 monthly fee.

I guess we should all wait for Ions "Grand Scheme" to kick in, somewhere around patch 8.3.5. Keep paying your $15 a month though addicts!
    I see you found the $15 monthly fee important enough to mention three times in six lines. Is that the reason keeping you from playing?

Deleted
    Yeah, i'm a bit upset it took this long. I am now already commited to my 3 main characters and it will be an exercise in frustration trying to get into mythic+ groups with a clean rio score after the second raid. It's too late. Now i can only use them for next expansion.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2019-01-04 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khandros View Post
    Players are already sick and tired. It is just the new Blizz way of doing things.
    When the next xpac is announced, only the insane would pre-order it.
    guess im insane ^^i will preorder it on spot because i enjoy BfA more then most previous expansions

there will be for sure some benefits like emo elves were with bfa preorder

This is just as Legion. As you all know, Demon Hunter class wasn't playable before 7.2, so why are you all so upset? Oh, wait a minute...

10+ Year Old Account
    This is really off-putting and meaningless. The kul tiran people have already acclaimed me for saving their city, why the fuck can't I consider them allies?
    I have been waiting for Kul Tiras since Warcraft 3 and now that we have it, I still have to wait for no good reason. I honestly don't even feel like leveling one at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    I have played every xpac from launch day. This is the first time I will not be pre ordering, or even buying on release when the next xpac comes. I will wait 2 to 3 months and see what the general consensus is.
    Same here. Will join 9.1 the earliest......

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crudence View Post
    This is just as Legion. As you all know, Demon Hunter class wasn't playable before 7.2, so why are you all so upset? Oh, wait a minute...
    Demon Hunters was the pre purchase benefit, early access. But like 2-3 weeks before launch.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockers View Post
    I can't be arsed to level another character just for the new race. Other option is to pay for a race change. Such a shitty move to release a new allied race mid expansion. Should have been released with the others so at least people can come into the expansion ready to go, rather than taking steps backwards and levelling in the old zones for the millionth time.
    But that´s the point.
    Sadly the new Blizzard focuses more on business than on player satisfaction. But don´t blame them, it is business.
    They are no longer a new game company trying to make players fall in love. That stage is long over, now they play you for money. And you will pay if you want a Zandalari troll, and they know it... and you know it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    I suspect that is the point.
    Why level, when you can just hit "Race Change" and pay them a little bit of cash to do so! No more time investment and you get what you want!

Not money grabbing at all! No, Sirree!
    I should also mention I don't feel like race changing. All in all I agree, I don't like the current direction of the game.