Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    Do you guys remember when back in MoP people were kicked out of dungeons/LFR for wearing one of the in-game shop helmets (Bought with real money)?

This way players wanted to show Blizzard that they're against microtransactions in WoW.

Example 1: https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/7859946017
    Example 2: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/9551455128

It's funny because of all the microtransactions in BFA including holiday bundles with mentioned helmets.
    I remember, and it was utter bullshit of people to do so. You don't save the game by being an asshole. This bullshit went on to the point where raiding communities actually ran with blacklists just so you could exclude such unwanted attitude as those people.

I never experienced it myself, for I didn't buy the helmets due to the theory that I believe one was missing (there was no holy). Though, I have been sitting with a long list of people who kicked others due to it, excluding many from raiding.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I remember, and it was utter bullshit of people to do so. You don't save the game by being an asshole. This bullshit went on to the point where raiding communities actually ran with blacklists just so you could exclude such unwanted attitude as those people.

I never experienced it myself, for I didn't buy the helmets due to the theory that I believe one was missing (there was no holy). Though, I have been sitting with a long list of people who kicked others due to it, excluding many from raiding.
    Yep we had people on our server doing it and blacklisted them from raiding with us.

I'm talking about the ones doing the kicking of course.

Couple of our raiders were doing it to. We kicked them from the guild. Tank and a Healer.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most people that did this were salty 14 yr olds that were mad they couldn't get the helms themselves on their Parents credit card.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    I miss the akamikeb sparkle pony video.

But yeah, buy mtx is the reason why gaming is shit today - thanks everyone.
    shitty playerbase seems like a more likely cause. thanks for that.

7+ Year Old Account
    That was a thing? I had the fire helm for my monk and everyone always said they liked my mog. I guess if you had a shit mog it was a different story.

Yes and the same happened for the ever famous TRH, Celestial Steed.

It's not prevalent, though. It was more like a handful of salty players unhappy with the direction of the game lashing out at people who didn't know/care about slippery slopes and precedent.

Luckily I never experienced this (but I have no ingame bought stuff as theres in plenty in game), but if I had seen it in a group, I would AFK until their timer was down so they could kick me too.

I do remember that. I saw tanks and healers kicked from lfr and people took the queue because paying for even cosmetic armour was seen as the line that people considered uncrossable. It must have happened to a significant degree because they never did it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Yeah, as with most such topics there are a few bitter people shouting on forums how they kick for wearing the helmets while 99,9% of players just don't give a fuck how others transmog.
    Yeah. Its more likely that they did a poor job in the dungeon in question and the only reason they could come up with was that it was because of their transmog.
    Sort of like "people of color" when they come in contact with obstacles in the world they shout "ITS BECUUURS IM BLEECKK!!! RAAACIIIIST!"
    Its impossible that theyre just a bad person, right?

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    shitty playerbase seems like a more likely cause. thanks for that.
    Shitty player base has existed long before the internet.

Did you not have friends pre-internet?
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

I didn't witness it myself, but I thought it happened as early Wrath. When did those damn things come out, Wrath wasn't it?

I never saw this happen, even once.

I did see blood elves banned from some raids in TBC (even paladins, which hurt their raids substantially) because of their blatant hatred of their newfound allies and the stereotype of people they felt played them. In that sense, the story doesn't surprise me that it happened at some point, but I mean this is the sort of thing that's freakishly rare and probably a bit exaggerated. Well, more than a bit!

I remember when the Celestial Steeds were first added and there were 'sparkle ponies' everywhere. I bet there were some people getting kicked out of raids for that, or at least, more than owning a transmog helm from the store would. On the other hand, people who owned Lil' XT probably were more loved in some raids because of how effectively they obliterated train sets... or maybe that's just wishful thinking. I guess it's a mixed bag?

For all the people who thought the haters were foolish, it worked.

Blizzard tested the waters with those helms, and they obviously didn't work out because they never released any more.

The shaming was real on my realm as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    For all the people who thought the haters were foolish, it worked.

Blizzard tested the waters with those helms, and they obviously didn't work out because they never released any more.

The shaming was real on my realm as well.
    It did slow down store items a bit. But not that much.
    They figured out pets are safe bet:
    https://eu.shop.battle.net/en-gb/fam...ld-of-warcraft

Also Pandaren Monk was 1.st pay to win item, as it was pretty op pet.
    That fanboy defenses tho:
    https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/5615972343
    Don't sweat the details!!!

well i was tanking back then so no one kicked me

TRH craze was worse.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Couple of our raiders were doing it to. We kicked them from the guild. Tank and a Healer.
    Fully approve. I had someone try to kick someone In my group and I got him kicked instead.

Quote Originally Posted by kyoloco View Post
    well i was tanking back then so no one kicked me
    And me healing...

Hell I'm actually hearing this kicked for wearing tmog thing for the first time right now. The specificity of wearing a shop helmet, which truth be told, was actually kind of cool looking.

EDIT: I suppose it's the effect of not ever really playing with the lowest among peasants and thus never experiencing something so absurd.
    Last edited by Gargarensis; 2019-01-05 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    I'm not saying that i would do this as well, but if someone initiated the vote kick i would click on Yes.
    If somebody initiates a vote kick most people click on yes because they want to get the pop-up to go away and don't actually read it

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    Players wanted to protest micro-transactions...

So instead of protesting with their wallets..the only real protest that matters to a company..

They kicked a few random people and continued to pay their monthly subs and support the company?
    Yup. Sounds like players to me.
    That's WoW activists in a nutshell lol.