Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Uldir was a good raid.

I think this one will be too.

- - - Updated - - -

In case you did not notice we like storm into Zandalari capital, kill their king and strawberry Horde big time. They get to have some scraps and barely that at that, because no big names on Alliance side die aside from one who will probably become some cyborg or whatever as a path to Tinkers.
    Uldir was alright but imo like every entry raid recently more bad than good.

Highmaul still remains the worst entry raid imo. Only good fight in that was Imperator.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    Nobody cares about the middle three bosses of a raid - especially if the encounters are nobodies, that did not even exist in the lore prior to the patch the raid released in. Which means this is once again a 100% Horde sided story.
    Yes, Rastakhan is an important lore figure....but guess what? Even if you count him as a "Horde character" - which is debatable - he would still be the only Horde leader not guilty of genocide. As an Alliance player, you have NO reason to hate Rastakhan or want to see him fall. None. It is a totally emotionless shitshow. If you only play Alliance you have not even fucking SEEN him one single fucking time this expansion. Why not let us fight somebody we actually hate? Like Nathanos, to give the most obvious example.

It's totally in-line with the Darkshore Questline+Warfront, where Alliance are allowed to fight their own kind as endbosses, too.

So much for "Tides of Vengeance"....it is obvious that Blizzard sacrificed a LOT of gameplay in this expansion to push through their vision of storytelling. If they keep it this one-sided they might just as well only make expansions for the Horde in the future.

Edit:
    And no, i am not asking for the Alliance to KILL Nathanos. I'm fine if he is around a little longer to drag the Horde further into the mud. I would just like for Blizzard to give the Alliance opponents we actually have some reason to want to fight against. They have no problem doing this for the Horde. Why is it so hard to do for the Alliance?
    In the 1st tier raid Uldir, alliance is fighting G'huun, which they never seen in quest. And 2nd tier raid, Alliance is killing Rastakan, which they have never met.

Zandalari trolls didn't burn Teldrassil or invade Darkshore, all this makes little sense to Alliance. It will make much more sense for Alliance to raid Orgrimmar than this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Uldir was alright but imo like every entry raid recently more bad than good.
    IMO for entry raid it was both pretty cool and very well balanced encounter-wise with difficulty being just right.

The only real issue I can think of is G'huun being a complete management nightmare, I think Blizz have really overextended there and should take a notch back next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    IMO for entry raid it was both pretty cool and very well balanced encounter-wise with difficulty being just right.

The only real issue I can think of is G'huun being a complete management nightmare, I think Blizz have really overextended there and should take a notch back next time.
    Eh, Taloc was boring, fetid was boring, vectis was annoying, zek could have been interesting but ended up just being a mild add encounter, Zul was just a glorified add encounter, mythrax was HORRIBLE for melee and g'huun, while interesting was a nightmare from a management perspective.

Mother was the only fight I liked, but even then if you were one of the first over, it was kind of boring.

Quote Originally Posted by fathom81 View Post
    what do allied races transform into? they follow the highmountain » tauren, nightborne»belf, maghar»orc?
    I don't think it's been announced but something needs to change into the allied races to account for them in the "retelling" so baring the class incompatibilities I'd expect highmountain and lightforged switch, and same for v.elf/nightborne and mahtar/dark iron

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    Definitely spelled Sylvanas wrong. Jaina isn't the BITCH. Sylvanas is. She She destroyed a city just so the alliance didnt take it, Then used a person's dead son for her own wicked ass agendas. Nope, Sylvanas is the BITCH for sure.
    If you actually think Sylvanas is going to die, then you haven't been paying attention to the story AT ALL.

She's going to become an anti-hero, not die. See next Expansion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Ah, yet another raid that world gear with make it useless to do lfr/normal/heroic.

Raid Mythic or don't Raid at all!
    -Blizzard 2019
    you mean like they have done since vanilla wow...?
    The hardest content gives the best gear, no big fucking surprise?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    Jaina is my waifu she better not die or ill be very upset.
    she does not die, she escapes after holding the horde off long enough for the alliance to retreat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Took me a few rereads before I understood why there was no Mekka/Blockade/Jaina equivalents. Fair enough, should be interesting even if the race conversion explanation was a little weird/almost unnecessary.
    there is only 3 shared bosses.
    the other 6 are faction specific, and you hear what hapepned by talking as an npc and they "explain" (You do the raid as the opposite faction) what happend while you were gone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    Nobody cares about the middle three bosses of a raid - especially if the encounters are nobodies, that did not even exist in the lore prior to the patch the raid released in. Which means this is once again a 100% Horde sided story.
    Yes, Rastakhan is an important lore figure....but guess what? Even if you count him as a "Horde character" - which is debatable - he would still be the only Horde leader not guilty of genocide. As an Alliance player, you have NO reason to hate Rastakhan or want to see him fall. None. It is a totally emotionless shitshow. If you only play Alliance you have not even fucking SEEN him one single fucking time this expansion. Why not let us fight somebody we actually hate? Like Nathanos, to give the most obvious example.

It's totally in-line with the Darkshore Questline+Warfront, where Alliance are allowed to fight their own kind as endbosses, too.

So much for "Tides of Vengeance"....it is obvious that Blizzard sacrificed a LOT of gameplay in this expansion to push through their vision of storytelling. If they keep it this one-sided they might just as well only make expansions for the Horde in the future.

Edit:
    And no, i am not asking for the Alliance to KILL Nathanos. I'm fine if he is around a little longer to drag the Horde further into the mud. I would just like for Blizzard to give the Alliance opponents we actually have some reason to want to fight against. They have no problem doing this for the Horde. Why is it so hard to do for the Alliance?
    you mean liek how most bosses in history are?
    many bosses in every raid ever are people who just "show up" want examples?
    The first 3 bosses in ICC
    Professor, and his two.
    The green gal

literally all of Uldluar other then the keepers.
    need more?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Ah yes, the good ol' Horde bias where they get a city raided, an important NPC murdered, the Golden Fleet destroyed and where the Alliance leaders don't die
    i think you forget the alliance fleet is also destroyed...
    also this is the first time the ALLIANCE has raided THE HORDE.
    last time it was alliance AND HORDE raiding GARROSH

also mekkatorque "dies"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    That's because there are no more Horde characters. They've killed most of them.
    Nathanos and Sylvanas will probably die at the same time.
    literally 3 have died, thats not even a third.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Isn't the raid out with 8.1.5...? I was under the impression that would be the case and the KT/Zandalari would be part of that...?
    no, they will be shortly after the raid, most likely the week or a week after the final lfr wing comes out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hexme View Post
    Oh look the raid we were suppose to get in early Dec...
    no we were not... they have literally been releasing raids awhile after the patch launch since like... late mop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asaliah View Post
    27th of Feb seriously ???????? WTF
    yes if you want the tour guide mode, you need to wait longer...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    what a fuck is this ? why have alliance not 3 horde opponents and vice versa ? why the hell should my alliance toon battle jaina (ofc i read the blog post). what the fukin fuk fuck ?

(ps: i am playing both, horde and alliance)
    ok i know its hard to read or maybe hard to understand but

Horde:
    Enter raid and battle 3 bosses
    They then find out the alliance has raided the city and killed the king. they are told by an NPC how this happens
    In gameplay you become alliance and "act out' the attack, killing the 3 bosses
    You then fight back the alliance and fight the last alliance 3 bosses.

Alliance:
    They then fight the 3 horde bosses
    they then retreat, and talk to a NPC who tells you what happened
    In gameplay you become horde and "act out' the attack, killing the last 3 bosses

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    *sigh* the two races that flagshipped Allied races as the main feature of the expansion not until never. *SAD*

Also:

"Tauren: Most tauren will turn into draenei, while draenei druids will become night elves."

Draenei druids?? !!
    kultiran did not flagship ally race.
    there was 6 races, and zandalari was one, kultiran was not one of those.
    we have the other 5, and an extra 1 right now.

also that was a typo, they meant tauren druids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    So blizzard really hates alliance even being able to pretend to look like high elves kind of bs that blood elves are basically allowed for no class but paladin and demon hunter.
    i cant.. is this english? what are you talking about?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by naeblis495 View Post
    so let me get this straight : In the expac of faction war and thus faction pride , blizz force us to transform into the opposite faction to fight ? That's so fucking dumb it's definitly a Blizzard decision.
    they are retelling you the story and you are 'acting" as the other faction.
    you arte not literally transforming, you are just being told the story, by acting out the raid.
    if you want to cry, cry that all the way back in tbc and wotlk the caverns of time dungeons transformed you into alliance members as horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dhru View Post
    I am still searching the faction war in this expac.
    2 warfronts
    multiple zones where the faction is slaughtering the other factions members
    invasions every 19 hours
    new pvp incentives and questlines aswell as weekly quests
    warmode
    bounties
    airdrops
    pvp islands
    literally the new fucking raid WHICH IS A GIANT FACTION WAR
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    kultiran did not flagship ally race.
    there was 6 races, and zandalari was one, kultiran was not one of those.
    we have the other 5, and an extra 1 right now.

also that was a typo, they meant tauren druids.
    If I remember right trolls and kul tirans were the first of a set of Allied races. Having them in the middle of the expansion is stupid and dumb and poor designing for Blizzard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    Why all the Alliance bosses? Isn't it the Alliance that are attacking?
    3 horde, 3 alliance, 3 "shared" so.. its not really "why all alliance bosses" also a war is not 1 sided, both factions attack eachother.

- - - Updated - - -

If I remember right trolls and kul tirans were the first of a set of Allied races. Having them in the middle of the expansion is stupid and dumb and poor designing for Blizzard.
    no, no they were not.
    If you mean as in "the first coming post launch" this is not the middle of the expansion, 8.1.5 is not the middle
    8.1.5<<<<<

also we are literally gunna be 6 months into a 2 year expansion... thats 1/4th, not 1/2

but no the advertised "confirmed in BFA' were zandalari and dark iron, but were just said to come sometime around launch, which then were maghar and dark iron, with zandalari and kultiran coming later. which well are coming very soon, most likely end of feb or very early march.

3 horde, 3 alliance, 3 "shared" so.. its not really "why all alliance bosses" also a war is not 1 sided, both factions attack eachother.

- - - Updated - - -

no, no they were not.
    If you mean as in "the first coming post launch" this is not the middle of the expansion, 8.1.5 is not the middle
    8.1.5<<<<<

also we are literally gunna be 6 months into a 2 year expansion... thats 1/4th, not 1/2

but no the advertised "confirmed in BFA' were zandalari and dark iron, but were just said to come sometime around launch, which then were maghar and dark iron, with zandalari and kultiran coming later. which well are coming very soon, most likely end of feb or very early march.
    I'm not aruging "confirmed" or not. They were adversed at the time of BFA expansion. IMHO to hold them even to the 1/4 is wrong. You also assume its the 1/4. Could be the 1/8 or even last patch.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    Tanks have already 250K+ hp so yeah, entirely possible ... they'll stat squish every xpack in the future I guess
    In vanilla, a caster would have at the start of 3K hp in MC and max 5K in Naxx lol :/ Not even sure lol, I checked a screenshot and some naxx geared mage has 3500 hp lol My priest had 4K5hp
    i remember bear tanks in wotlk having 120k hp.
    man o man.
    Also yeah no your "3k hp in mc" is bullshit.
    at level 15 players had about 500hp
    i would need to try to find my old screens... but they had much more then 3k hp.
    MAYBE a mage.

Rogue in...

molten core, and they were one of the lower hp people, hes not that geared, and not at all buffed.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not aruging "confirmed" or not. They were adversed at the time of BFA expansion. IMHO to hold them even to the 1/4 is wrong. You also assume its the 1/4. Could be the 1/8 or even last patch.
    nothey were not.
    kultirans were not even a confirmed allied race until after BFA had launched.
    NEVER were they advertised as launch.

we know kultirans and zandalari are coming in 8.1.5 and that is coming out soon...
    they are not coming out end of expansion like you seem to be implying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Transformed???? Into a NIGHT ELF???
    Which retarded boss approved this, and which dev do we need to neuter for proposing this idea?

Luckily I play Moonkin, so I don't have to look an an ugly Elf... But there will be hell to pay, if they take away my beautiful red plumage..
    remember back in TBC and wotlk when they did this? why didnt you complain then?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lb View Post
    Did I overlooked it or where did Blizzard explain why Alliance fight Alliance NPC and Horde vice versa?
    I do not have good feelings at fighting my faction NPCs at all - maybe a reason for me to skip this raid tier or hibernate till the next raid.
    ok i know its hard to read or maybe hard to understand but

Horde:
    They then find out the alliance has raided the city and killed the king. they are told by an NPC how this happens

Alliance:
    In gameplay you become horde and "act out' the attack, killing the last 3 bosses

Copied and pasted from explaining to another, you are not "fighting" them, you are being told what happened, that you could not witness by "acting" in the story.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Seemed fairly obvious they plan to go from 250 ilvl to 1000 ilvl each xpac now, or every other xpac at the least.
    odd cause this was the first ilvl squish. so idk why you think they will also do ilvl squish every other expansion

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by etheldald View Post
    it is a stupid idea making you fight people who you just saved, oh wait is fine because you can beat rasthakan as a gnome and jaina as an orc, i guess.
    faction pride people!
    i think that i will just skip this raid tier.
    Horde:

Alliance:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daws View Post
    A shame they choose this approach, I'd have more respect if they had just gone and said "ok both sides get a different experience and guess what that means completely different bosses and no we don't care if you say alliance or horde have it easier or better lore encounters there different get over it". To just break the wall and go now you are magically the other faction go kill bosses and don't ask why you are doing it is kind of pathetic.
    yeah lets have a raid that forces people to level and gear up the opposite faction if they wish to experience it!

yeah no...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    Not particularly excited to come back to the game to end a raid dressing up as a greenskin and beating on my own faction heroes. What happened with the idea of having the raid structured different per faction? Shame that didn't happen. Doesn't seem anyone except the usual suspects who praise anything in the game no matter what are happy with this.

Oh well, Orbonne Monastery will keep me entertained until Azshara I suppose. Or maybe I'll be completely detoxed by then.
    it is... it is exactly how they explained it at blizzcon, and i dont think you understand what the raid itself acts like...
    also they never said it would be two raids, they said there was going to be 2 raids, one being the raid, the other being a 2 boss one in stormsong, and there is.
    they explained there will be 3 shared bosses with faction reskins
    then there will be 3 horde bosses, and 3 alliance bosses, able to experiance the other factions through an npc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gemeril View Post
    Yeah, I intended to use my expansion boost to get a Kul Tiran character to play with a friend... still waiting on doing that. Whenever you get around to it, Blizz.
    why would you boost an allied race? you cant get the heritage armor then...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    What motivation would an Alliance player possibly have to beat up their own leaders, especially after the humiliaton Alliance players have endured in BfA so far ... /facepalm
    not how it works, alliance does not beat up their own leaders, they talk to an npc to see what happened, then "act out the story" as the other faction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    So how do you get loot from a "Flashback"?

- - - Updated - - -

yes, yes it can
    how do you get loot from a flashback in tbc, wotlk, and cata?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    It doesn't matter if my toon gets transformed into a Horde toon, it's you who doesn't seem to understand. And how is Rastakan even equally Horde as Jaina and Meqatorque are Alliance? Answer: he isn't. He's a nobody in the Horde.

So Alliance gets to beat up their own leaders while Horde gets to beat up Alliance leaders, too.
    How about the Alliance players get to beat up some actual Horde leaders instead?
    i find it funny you say "rastakan is a nobody to the horde" but then literally people in tyhese same posts cry about "another horde leader dying!"

you mean like they have done since vanilla wow...?
    The hardest content gives the best gear, no big fucking surprise?
    In vanilla a 15 minute round of world quests or 20 minutes of AFKing a warfront didn't get you BWL level gear.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    Actually leader boards is why it would have worked and why I thought it was a done deal. Leaderboards make it so each faction guild is segregated to compete with each other rather than with the other faction. Say maybe Alliance got a world first because their order was faster, but it would be an Alliance world first as per the leaderboards, Horde race would still be going. Same happened with Uldir, Horde leaderboards were full but Alliance race was still going. Alas.
    there is still "world first" alliance or horde, doesent matter, yes there is "alliance first" and "horde first" but there is still "world first" so yes, it would have made alliance magorly in favor by having their easier bosses first, meaning more loot for them.

- - - Updated - - -

In vanilla a 15 minute round of world quests or 20 minutes of AFKing a warfront didn't get you BWL level gear.
    a run of diremaul got you BWL level gear.
    or a kill on a world boss did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    And this, people, is what happens when they do innovative stuff.

Missing out on the raid for some BS faction pride might just be even more asinine than the release schedule of allied races.
    its the nintendo problem.
    "WE WANT INNOVATION"
    nintendo releases a brand new mario with literally 1 new thing
    people absolutly LOVE the game, but hate the 1 new thing
    every year they buy the new mario.

also some call it the cod conundrum
    "WE WANT INNOVATION"
    *They release COD again, with literally no changes*
    *Everyone buys the game*
    WE WANT INNOVATION!

People say they want something new and cool, but then they scream and cry when they do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I'll probably do the raid on Normal as per usual and go back to FF14 since 4.5 will be fresh by then.

I just think they could have done better than the "faction swap". It's just what they do with certain dungeons/events and it's not innovative whatsoever.

Hell drop a boss and make the last 2 faction specific bosses or something. World First hasn't meant squat in WoW for years. Or hell maybe someone other than Method could have had a shot at it.
    yeah no... you cant lock entire parts of a raid to a faction.

a run of diremaul got you BWL level gear.
    or a kill on a world boss did.
    Rofl, no, just.... no diremaul gear was never close to BWL gear, DM wasn't even a level 60 instance. And world bosses had good gear yes, but they were also relatively rare and monopolized by the top guilds on the server, the vast majority of players never saw a tagged kill of a WB much less gear from it.

You would farm low level instances for niche, one off, resist gear, but it didn't mean it was BWL "level"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenist View Post
    In the 1st tier raid Uldir, alliance is fighting G'huun, which they never seen in quest. And 2nd tier raid, Alliance is killing Rastakan, which they have never met.

Zandalari trolls didn't burn Teldrassil or invade Darkshore, all this makes little sense to Alliance. It will make much more sense for Alliance to raid Orgrimmar than this.
    Alliance in cannon dont go to uldir, would you rather blizz have just said "Ok alliance uhh no raid for yall, gotta wait till 8.1... sorry we dont want yall killing uldir"

also the zandalari trolls have chosen to ally with the horde, and i think you forget that the zandalari have been fighting the alliance for a long, logn time.

- - - Updated - - -

Rofl, no, just.... no diremaul gear was never close to BWL gear, DM wasn't even a level 60 instance. And world bosses had good gear yes, but they were also relatively rare and monopolized by the top guilds on the server, the vast majority of players never saw a tagged kill of a WB much less gear from it.

You would farm low level instances for niche, one off, resist gear, but it didn't mean it was BWL "level"
    *Diremaul was not even a level 60 instance.*
    lol guess you didn'to play vanilla buddy.
    idk about you, but us actually vanilla players know some of the best gear till even late in vanilla was from low level dungeons.

This mother fucker right here, literally didnt replace till ZG

also idk about you, but afking in a warfront for 20 mins will not replace my mythic level gear.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2019-01-05 at 03:08 AM.

Alliance in cannon dont go to uldir, would you rather blizz have just said "Ok alliance uhh no raid for yall, gotta wait till 8.1... sorry we dont want yall killing uldir"

also the zandalari trolls have chosen to ally with the horde, and i think you forget that the zandalari have been fighting the alliance for a long, logn time.

- - - Updated - - -

*Diremaul was not even a level 60 instance.*
    lol guess you didn'to play vanilla buddy.
    idk about you, but us actually vanilla players know some of the best gear till even late in vanilla was from low level dungeons.

This mother fucker right here, literally didnt replace till ZG
    And this is BWL gear

How is DM BWL level gear again? Just because you run something at 60 btw, doesn't make it a level 60 instance.

7+ Year Old Account
    And this is BWL gear

How is DM BWL level gear again? Just because you run something at 60 btw, doesn't make it a level 60 instance.
    because that is from the last boss, was rare drop, and with so many casters good chance ever getting it.
    and again, lots of great gear was from dungeons.

because that is from the last boss, was rare drop, and with so many casters good chance ever getting it.
    and again, lots of great gear was from dungeons.

MC, not a last drop. Sure a lot of people had stuff from dungeons, because loot was rare. That's quite the opposite of "I afked a warfront for 20 minutes and got heroic uldir level loot" which was the entire point I was making, loot is too easy to get nowadays.

MC, not a last drop. Sure a lot of people had stuff from dungeons, because loot was rare. That's quite the opposite of "I afked a warfront for 20 minutes and got heroic uldir level loot" which was the entire point I was making, loot is too easy to get nowadays.
    I mean you are right but at this point it seems you are just debating with someone who is in the "WoW is flawless and in a perfect spot" crowd.

There WAS better Dungeon gear in Vanilla absolutely. But nowhere is it like the current game.

Getting 385 gear from a Warfront is stupid. It does not require the same amount of effort as a Mythic raid. Of course I'll go for it ofc because it's free gear.

You should NOT be getting current Mythic item level gear from something you can afk in. Period. It breaks natural gear progression. FF14 does it right imo. It lets Savage raid players get their gear first then people to get a similar item level later on.

Example being current Savage gear from 4.4 which was 3-4 months ago is 400/405. Right now people who don't raid Savage can get 390 gear or 380. And in the upcoming patch can upgrade that 390 gear to ilvl 400. However some raid pieces will still be superior due to stat weights.

Warfronts should be a guaranteed 355 at most for the initial quest and 340 for Stromgarde. And a guaranteed 385 for Darkshore quest WHEN the raid opens as that is the item level of Normal.

Now if Heroic Warfronts in 8.2 are as hard as they say then imo on par with HC raid gear. No doubt.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-01-05 at 03:25 AM.

7+ Year Old Account

now here is something funny that makes me laugh.
    you seem to forget that molten core had its loot reworked later in vanilla.
    that item had no where near that stats at the launch of molten core
    for example teir 1 was literally absolute shit until it got fixed.
    also did you know teir 2 dropped in molten core? yep. eventually got moved to black wing lair, only the legs being in molten core, and got buffed to compensate
    also heroic uldir is not mythic uldir, so again i dont see your point.
    i feel like your a person who calls LFR hardcore raiding maybe?