Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I assume you hit the reply button before reading where I said, "The people telling you to turn it off have given you the correct answer OP. That's why the toggle exists."

Simply turn it off guy. No more punishing.
    you don't get it.

Then i get punished by -30% xp. Do you even know the system?

Yes, they should still be able. Ganking alts and lowbies and organizing a countergang are essential parts of wpvp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    you don't get it.

eheheheh, you cant see it like that

Those are not free 30% bonus XP. They come at a cost. The cost of danger.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    eheheheh, you cant see it like that

Those are not free 30% bonus XP. They come at a cost. The cost of danger.
    Ye so everyone who does not like wpvp is fucked anyway. Again great System.

you don't get it.

Do you even know what punishment and rewarding are? You seem pretty clueless. The warmode BONUS is a reward for playing the game on a riskier difficulty, thats all. You are not being punished by choosing to opt out, you are simply not being rewarded.

So i'm getting rewarded for beeing griefed?

Wow, what a great System.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Ehhe ehhe.
    Sport and competition has its rules. Rules, that make sure both parties in it are equal. You don't put a 8 year old swimmer sproutling against Michael Phels becuz "spoooorts". You don't put a paralympic swimmer against M.P.
    Dominating others is usually not about fairness, or equal ground either.
    WPvP has its rules, like any other sport. For example you have a rule that you can't mount up in combat
    If the competition is open to everyone (like WPvP is) then 8 year old could swim against Michael Phelps. If competition is only available for certain ages (like BG's are to levels) then he couldn't.

Deleted
    So i'm getting rewarded for beeing griefed?

Wow, what a great System.
    You need to choose.

Take the red pill or the blue pill.

Stay in wonderland or see the reality of world pvp

I had a 120 druid chase me from the far left FP in Voldun to the border to Nazmir just so he could gank me.yes turning Warmode on is a risk but these little cancerous virgins need to go outside and experience the world.

In another note 2 allies did gank my 113 warlock in Zuldazar so I logged my DH, they were still waiting for me to rezz so i camped them for 35minutes

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    It's not a punishment? It's a reward for those who want to take that extra risk.

Do you even know how words work? And it's only 10% for horde

But you seem to want your cake and eat it too (without doing any work for it)
    2 options:

beeing griefed
    or
    -30% xp.

Now you can say it's rewarding the players who are beeing griefed by 30% and reward the other players by not beeing griefed. IT'S THE F SAME ok?

Of course they should be able to. It's been part of the game since the beginning. If you don't like it then turn off warmode.

Go walk in the forest and get mad at the Grizzly bear for attacking you.

Grow a pair.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    This is such a fucking non issue

I've been playing this game since the winter before AQ, both on PVP and PVE servers

the worst I've ever had it was being camped by some no life for 10 minutes until he got bored and left

or when you had groups going through the zone which is you know...fucking WORLD PVP, DEAL WITH IT OR PLAY PVE.

you went to play another character or logged off for a while, you had put yourself in harm's way, deal with it

to listen to this thread you'd think everytime you logged in there's a fucking assassination squad waiting for lowebies across all WoW servers and nobody can level

you died, you're mad, you want to not die anymore, because the way you died is not fair

where the fuck does this stop?

"I'm low level, I shouldn't be killed by high levels"
    "I'm max levels, but my gear is low level, i should be killed by people with higher gear"
    "I have high lvl gear, but I shouldn't be attacked by classes that are OP"
    "You know what, I should just have an iWin button and win every fight"

This is fucking PVP in brutal world, it's part of what WARCRAFT IS ABOUT for fuck's sake. This franchise is built around brutality, unfariness, fear, revenge, anger, HATE for the other faction. Let it fuel you, don't fucking bitch about it.

Hi I was already raiding MC and BWL before AQ existed. How's that relevant to the discussion?

I play exclusively on PVP servers and I've been ganked while levelling more times than I can count. I distinctly remember people just following me around for 20-30 minutes just to fuck with me. Whenever I realize it's one of those, I log out and do something else, or maybe fly and level somewhere else. Is it fun? No. Should this behaviour be incentivized? No.

Here's my solution to the issue: If you enable War Mode, only people +/- 4 levels of your own can attack you in the open world.
    You can change that number according to whatever you think works better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamov View Post
    Of course they should be able to. It's been part of the game since the beginning. If you don't like it then turn off warmode.

Is it? I could choose pve server 14 years ago and opt out without getting punished by it. Worked well. For... 14 years.

How is war mode any different than a PVP server? It isn't, other than the ability to freely turn it on/off. Nobody is forcing you to WM on. WM is fine. If you don't like world PVP, leave it off. World PVP is inherently unfair and anything goes, by design.

Either grow a pair and turn WM on, or go back to your safe space with WM off. The choice is yours.

Seriously, this stigma about being "punished" by not having WM on and not getting the bonus buff is ridiculous and needs to go away. PVE babies want a free no-effort bonus. This is almost as bad as their crying for being 'forced' to do a SINGLE battleground for their legendary in MoP.
    Last edited by Ssateneth; 2019-01-05 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    No it couldn't because then that would defeat the point of random open world pvp.
    In War Mode, put people in levelling brackets, so for example level 30-39 players are grouped so that they encounter other 30-39 players, level 70-79 players only encounter other level 70-79 players and people at level 120 only come across 110-120 players.

That way if people want to level with PvP mode on, they can do so and have PvP fights with similarly-levelled players (who are therefore of similar power and killability) of the opposite faction.

They already do it with battlegrounds. Why not do it with the open world too if it is ok in BGs?

I would level with war mode on in that system.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2019-01-05 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    How is war mode any different than a PVP server? It isn't, other than the ability to freely turn it on/off. Nobody is forcing you to WM on. WM is fine. If you don't like world PVP, leave it off. World PVP is inherently unfair and anything goes, by design.

Either grow a pair and turn WM on, or go back to your safe space with WM off. The choice is yours.
    its different. PVE server got hit by -30% xp, -30% gold and -30% resources. Now it's either pvp or be fucked.

its different. PVE server got hit by -30% xp, -30% gold and -30% resources. Now it's either pvp or be fucked.
    Isn't it only 30% on the less-populated side? If I activate War Mode right now on EU Horde I get a 10% buff.

Is it? I could choose pve server 14 years ago and opt out without getting punished by it. Worked well. For... 14 years.
    pve servers still exist. if you want to opt in to pvp servers for the xp/resouce bonus then enjoy being ganked. It's how pvp servers have worked since forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamov View Post
    pve servers still exist. if you want to opt in to pvp servers for the xp/resouce bonus then enjoy being ganked. It's how pvp servers have worked since forever.
    Why do people who want to do pvp need bonuses? You opted in pvp so enjoy your pvp and and live with all it consequences. It's how pvp servers have worked since forever.
    Last edited by Clozer; 2019-01-05 at 03:38 PM.