Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Just got my switch, besides Zelda and Undertale is there a must have game in your opinion?

I was thinking Smash, I'd like something with solid replay, and 2 player option. I'd just like to see if I'm missing something obvious or great.
    I can't speak for replay value, but I've definitely got my money's worth from Super Mario Odyssey.

I’ve always loved replaying through BotW, just finished my 4th playthrough actually. The thing I enjoy most about replaying it is the different ways or order you can finish the geme. Which divine beast you’ll tackle first, or how many you’ll defeat before going after Ganon. The divine beasts are definitely a weak point to me though. Same art style, colouring, no difference in any of the architecture outside of the shape of the beast, same boss design throughout. I can certainly understand peoples complaints about some of the games systems also, but most of them add immersion to me personally.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    I think it lacks replay value for just how damn massive it is. Got it for Christmas along with the switch and having a blast... but idk if I could start it over again after I’m all done the game. Still an amazing game imo though.
    think i was about 100 hours in, before dlc came, heard about master mode killed ganon abandoned normal mode and sunk 200 hours into master mode, all shrines, all dlc & master mode trial of the sword done.

i couldn't imagine playing it again though the hardest part is the start, once you know where to find all the good shit even the early can be can cheesed.

If i could wipe my memory of the game i'd totally play it all again, but knowing where things are ruins the fun lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Farath View Post
    I’ve always loved replaying through BotW, just finished my 4th playthrough actually. The thing I enjoy most about replaying it is the different ways or order you can finish the geme. Which divine beast you’ll tackle first, or how many you’ll defeat before going after Ganon. The divine beasts are definitely a weak point to me though. Same art style, colouring, no difference in any of the architecture outside of the shape of the beast, same boss design throughout. I can certainly understand peoples complaints about some of the games systems also, but most of them add immersion to me personally.
    oh yeah divine beasts cannot hold a candle to previous zelda dungeons, we don't even have to talk Ocarina of time, i think dungeons from ALttP & skyward sword even embarrass BotW.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Smash is good, MP for the obvious replay value and a 20-30 hour adventure SP mode on top of it that is surprisingly very well made.

Speaking of subjective things above these are all opinions but must haves IMO are...

Octopath Traveler
    Super Mario Odyssey
    Xenoblade Chronicles 2
    Golf Story
    Bayonetta 1/2(if you don't own them already)
    Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze(again if you don't own the Wii U version already)
    Mario Kart 8(same as above)
    Splatoon 2
    Sonic Mania Plus(if you don't own it on something else)
    Valkyria Chronicles 4(same as above, both games available on PC/PS4/XB1)

So on top of Smash, those are the games I would look at and research to see if you will like them.
    Tech's got the right idea, but I would also add Stardew Valley.

If you've ever played classic Harvest Moon, then you'll understand the gameplay. It does have multiplayer, but it needs to two Switches and Switch Online to use.

And as I was typing this, I reread Tech's post, and I partially disagree on your statement for MK8DX. The singleplayer content doesn't feel as great if you've played a decent amount of its Wii U version, but multiplayer Mario Kart is always a good time even if it is an updated port.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game tho:
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    This game tho:
    It's like Rocket Belt in PilotWings 64, but with missiles. It was one of the most difficult "vehicles" to operate, and I can see from the person playing, nothing has changed !
    Last edited by Vineri; 2019-01-05 at 11:30 PM.

I agree with you on the Divine beast... could have been abit different foir each beast. The thing i actually enjoy the most in BOTW is the Shrine dungeon and the shrine quest.. So different and you intereact with the world around you in in different ways.

I feel like some people don't appreciate how amazing BOTW is. I can't think of many if any AAA games that offer a unique experience like this. Your playthrough can be dramatically different than a friend's even when it comes to solving puzzles. I remember watching a video where the guy complained how simple the puzzles were to solve and I laughed because I recognized the puzzle as one that I came up with a completly different solution for.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    I feel like some people don't appreciate how amazing BOTW is. I can't think of many if any AAA games that offer a unique experience like this. Your playthrough can be dramatically different than a friend's even when it comes to solving puzzles. I remember watching a video where the guy complained how simple the puzzles were to solve and I laughed because I recognized the puzzle as one that I came up with a completly different solution for.
    Your right not many games let you experience a very empty open world with very little story and a broken durability system.

Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

BoTW is a good game.

But when it launched around legit masterpieces like Persona 5 and Nier Automata that did far more to move gaming forward as a medium what essentially is a very polished Ubisoft open world game with tacked on survival mechanics is a game I don't "appreciate" by claiming it's something it's not. It wasn't revolutionary to me.

I applaud the physics system in BoTW, but everything else about the game was far too safe and trend chasing at the sake of things Zelda is known for, mostly large and unique story dungeons.

Good game, not even close to my GOTY for 2017 or game of generation some hype it to be. For what it's worth I think mostly the same of Horizon Zero Dawn, which was also a very over hyped 2017 game. Both good, but both really are just Ubisoft games at their core with first party polish.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-01-06 at 03:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whether a SP game has replay value or not is a pretty subjective thing. I don't think it's a debate one way or the other it always just comes down to if you like the game enough to play it again.

- - - Updated - - -

Smash is good, MP for the obvious replay value and a 20-30 hour adventure SP mode on top of it that is surprisingly very well made.

Speaking of subjective things above these are all opinions but must haves IMO are...

Octopath Traveler
    Super Mario Odyssey
    Xenoblade Chronicles 2
    Golf Story
    Bayonetta 1/2(if you don't own them already)
    Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze(again if you don't own the Wii U version already)
    Mario Kart 8(same as above)
    Splatoon 2
    Sonic Mania Plus(if you don't own it on something else)
    Valkyria Chronicles 4(same as above, both games available on PC/PS4/XB1)

So on top of Smash, those are the games I would look at and research to see if you will like them.
    Dont forget Mario Rabbids Kingdom battle.
    Stardew Valley is best played on Switch.
    Steamworld Dig 2 is also great.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Your right not many games let you experience a very empty open world with very little story and a broken durability system.

Awesome sandbox game with a ton of depth to the game systems, but the story is nearly nonexistent and the world is just copy paste camps and shrines. Its an 8/10 game for me. Must have to experience, but its kind of forgettable after you play it a while. Im hoping the next one keeps most mechanics/vastness but ditches breaking weapons and copy/paste shrines.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok, but that doesn't make up for a bad combat system, bad music, bad story and rain halting your climbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Stardew Valley is best played on Switch.
    I disagree on this one.

It plays best on Vita, simply because it's the same as on Switch and Vita shits on Switch in both portability and battery life.

But it's probably not a big issue as most people don't own a Vita, and if they don't probably aren't gonna buy one for Stardew Valley of all things.

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree on this one.

It plays best on Vita, simply because it's the same as on Switch and Vita shits on Switch in both portability and battery life.

But it's probably not a big issue as most people don't own a Vita, and if they don't probably aren't gonna buy one for Stardew Valley of all things.
    Isn't Switch ahead on patches? I thought I read somewhere that Switch and PC were getting multiplayer first?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Ok, but that doesn't make up for a bad combat system, bad music, bad story and rain halting your climbing.
    Curious do you think its a bad game, or good, but overhyped?

Curious do you think its a bad game, or good, but overhyped?
    I know you didn't ask me but IMO it is a very overhyped game and the worse zelda made.

With that said its overall a very average game.

(Also cutting content to sell as DLC was shitty)
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Ok, but that doesn't make up for a bad music.
    I really don't understand people taking issue with the audio of Breath of the Wild. They created the soundtrack around the name of the game. Most of the music or sound effects are subtle. To me, the main things they wanted us to focus on were the birdsong, the chirp of insects, the rain effects and other environmental sounds. To me, that perfectly fits a game called Breath of the Wild. I get that it's not a ground breaking OST that people want from these kinds of games, but I think the audio fit the game perfectly.

Isn't Switch ahead on patches? I thought I read somewhere that Switch and PC were getting multiplayer first?
    I mean if we're talking the MP patch that definitely doesn't play best on Switch since you would need to use an outside source like your PC for voice communication with your friends. That is definitely not the way people would play it on the go...

I personally have no interest in the MP mode, but if I did I would play it on PC or PS4 not on the Switch or Vita. The benefit of the Switch version is it's portable(vita does this better), that's not something that really matters for the MP mode...

- - - Updated - - -

I think the audio fit the game perfectly.
    Games like Nier, Persona and Octopath accomplish this with stellar OSTs.

Sounds like a bad excuse for a lazy and uninspired OST.

Games like Nier, Persona and Octopath accomplish this with stellar OSTs.

Sounds like a bad excuse for a lazy and uninspired OST.
    Agree to disagree then. To me it fits the game very well.

I disagree on this one.

I forgot there was a Vita version. I also forgot you could use remote play using a Vita and PS4.

Agree to disagree then. To me it fits the game very well.
    Again though, by your own definition just some random machine sounds, nature sounds and what not would fit a game like Nier Automata well.

Except it actually has a critically acclaimed OST that fits the game perfectly as well.

You can make good music and have it fit the theme of the game. You're acting like these things are mutually exclusive for some reason. BoTW could had had an amazing OST that added loads of charm to the game while still fitting the themes of the game. It doesn't, the end. It's not about agreeing or disagreeing it's about having a bad take to needlessly defend one of the downsides of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    I forgot there was a Vita version.
    Probably because it actually released after the Switch version did lol. Really weird port timing wise. Also is cross buy with the PS4 version so if you already owned that one you owned the Vita version so I can't imagine they made that much money on it.