Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Yeah, the truth can be funny for a deluded fool.
    You really got me there!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Or even using it for actual border security. A drone with IR cameras, a handful of people and a helicopter can cover a large section of the border and doesn't cost five billion.
    ...Yeah what the fuck why haven't more people pitched the Drone idea? I know they get a bad rep because of Attack Drones in the ME but having a small fleet of those on patrol sounds like a much better investment then a slab of concrete that can be defeated by a ladder.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    ...Yeah what the fuck why haven't more people pitched the Drone idea? I know they get a bad rep because of Attack Drones in the ME but having a small fleet of those on patrol sounds like a much better investment then a slab of concrete that can be defeated by a ladder.
    Because when it comes down to it nobody really cares about "border security" because it's such a tiny issue in the immigration debate.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    You really got me there!
    I sure did! Got anything else smarty pants? Your thin skin is quite the spectacle.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Because when it comes down to it nobody really cares about "border security" because it's such a tiny issue in the immigration debate.
    Ah, yes I forgot. People care more about campaigning on issues then actually solving them. Silly me.

I sure did! Got anything else smarty pants? Your thin skin is quite the spectacle.
    What color is the best color? I’m going to need a thesis on it.

7+ Year Old Account
    What color is the best color? I’m going to need a thesis on it.
    Are you ok? Your rage has gotten you to post incoherent ramblings. I suggest you take some time off the internet for your own safety and health.

10+ Year Old Account
    They have. Many times. Our President insists that wheels and walls are the height of human advancement.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Are you ok? Your rage has gotten you to post incoherent ramblings. I suggest you take some time off the internet for your own safety and health.
    You asked if there was anything else your grand wisdom could instill upon me so I asked! Not even close to being mad.

So what color is the best color?

I thought the Democrats were all about handouts though?
    Oh hey, a straw man argument. Never seen one of those before!

Trump own's this shutdown. He owns it. The longer this goes on the stupider he looks. Why would Democrats cave to him?

5 billion is nothing when we are in the hole 22 trillion.
    $5 billion that won't fund the whole wall, $5 billion that won't barely even start the court cases because of eminent domain lawsuits. Guarantee that wall doesn't get built for at least 5+ years because of litigation.

Every illegal is a thief and the worst ones, along with being thieves, are rapists and murderers. The Democrats are putting thieves, rapists and murderers from other countries above law-abiding US citizens. If it was up to me Nancy Pelosi would be arrested.

Quote Originally Posted by Healing Rain View Post
    worthless fearmongering garbage talking points.
    Welcome to the ignore list. Kinda surprised you weren’t already there, tbh

Sad thing, if Healing Rain changed his name to Skroe, he would have been banned multiple times now.

Stop responding to him.....
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

I don't think it'll go for 'Months, or even years' like Trump claims it will (him being a habitual liar aside), but I do think the Shutdown might end up lasting until the end of the month at this rate.

Democrats refuse to move on this - because why would they? - and Trump's going to refuse to move on this because it's the last thing he has. Everything else he's tried to accomplish has been a garbage fire of failure to the point where even the things he should be getting bipartisan praise for are being flubbed so horribly, and the GOP might realize this as well and are trying to drag this out in hopes they can swing the messaging war back into their favor to turn it onto the Democrats.

We've seen it with the 'Shumer Shutdown' malarkey that might've been more effective if Trump didn't decide to storm the stage and boldly proclaim: "IT WAS ME, AMERICA. IT WAS ME ALL ALONG!"
    I don’t think it will last that long either. That’s just him being a typical blowhard. We are seeing more and more stories on the news of the people who are affected by the shutdown though. Our shitty current government just sent out a memo suggesting those that are t currently getting paid could barter for their rent. It’s bad. At a certain point, and I’m not sure that point is so far away, people aren’t going to care who is at fault for the shutdown, they are just going to want it over. It will absolutely hurt him in the coming election, but people are just going to want this to end before Republicans need to think about caving.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    It will last until the Republicans cave. There will be no wall funding. Separation of powers is very clearly defined in the Constitution, the President does not get to decide on the budget and it is frankly crazy that there are Republicans who want that to change.
    They won’t care about expanding the powers of the office until the Democrats try to use that power too though. The president has always had influence over the budget because he does have to sign it. I am curious if they have the votes to over ride a veto. That would be my favorite outcome, if I’m being honest. There isn’t a much stronger rebuke to a president than that.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Welcome to the ignore list. Kinda surprised you weren’t already there, tbh
    There needs to be a name for drive-by shitposters.

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    I'm wondering if the folks in this thread are still so confident the shutdown is ending very soon with no wall given the developments of the last few days.
    What happened to give you the thought the wall is coming? From what I've seen multiple republicans have turned away from the wall and Trump is further from it once again.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    What happened to give you the thought the wall is coming? From what I've seen multiple republicans have turned away from the wall and Trump is further from it once again.
    Trump has dug his heels in. Ranting about months or years if necessary. McConnell won't even hold a vote on the budget the House passed thus far unless there is funding for the wall. I've heard this whole song and dance that Republicans are ready to turn on him before with Kavanaugh. Didn't happen then either.

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    Trump has dug his heels in. Ranting about months or years if necessary. McConnell won't even hold a vote on the budget the House passed thus far unless there is funding for the wall. I've heard this whole song and dance that Republicans are ready to turn on him before with Kavanaugh. Didn't happen then either.
    And Rapy McKavanugh was a stupid thing too, so what you're saying is "another stupid thing will happen because people are just as retarded as before", but the thing is that we have almost a million people out of work right now with no paycheck and the context is completely different. Trump can dig his heels in all he wants, but Congress won't give him money for the wall if he calls for a national emergency and since the majority of Americans don't want the wall it would be suicide to say "Hey, we finally got that piece of shit, useless wall, sorry it cost you weeks of pay and fucked up your home lives for something you don't want because our retarded, geriatric, orange manchild felt like holding people's paychecks hostage so he can feel like his penis isn't small."

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866