Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Why did they allow XP off toons back into low level bg's?

Just started leveling a character for the first time in years (always leveled my toons via bg/questing) and all these xp-off twinks are in the bg again!

Honestly the majority of times these 5man twink premades enter a bg the opposing team just afks in the gy, myself included. So retarded. Who made the decision (and when) to restore twinks to bg's?

Hasn't been too long since they resurrected twinking, but one of the reasons why is because, well, no one actually cares or does low level PvP so the que times were insane for both the remaining twinkers, aswell as the people trying to level normally, so there was no point in keeping them separate anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Hasn't been too long since they resurrected twinking, but one of the reasons why is because, well, no one actually cares or does low level PvP so the que times were insane for both the remaining twinkers, aswell as the people trying to level normally, so there was no point in keeping them separate anymore.
    I discovered it was even worse than I thought. The twinks on horde and alliance in same bracket know each other and queue dodge each other in discord. I had th oppurunity to fill a horde healing spot since one of their twink healers left the 5 man group and heard them talking to each other in discord (talking to their 5 alliance friends) about "its safe to queue, we're in" and vice versa.

I left after I leveled out of the bracket, but overall it was shitty experience as both the winning team farming the gy or being the losing team afk'ing in the gy. The level 50-59 bracket is thankfully devoid of twinks.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Twinks just do what twinks just do. They never want to just fight each other, that's not how it's done. I mean it sucks if you're the one feeding them buuuuuut that's lowbie BGs for you.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I noticed that too when playing on my starter edition account. I also noticed that scaling doesn't seem to work. Level 29's crush me regardless of my gear.

Gear is normalized in bgs. Sure the enchants and bis items give them a great advantage, but we are miles away from the oneshot twinks they once were.

Blizzard botched twinking. Twinking was REALLY starting to catch on like 6 years ago or so and had they given it another 6 months it probably becomes something viable in its own right. It could have led to a totally new genre of games similar to how MOBAs spawned from war3. By separating the twinks from the non twinks, both died. They could merge them back now, 6 years later, but the moment may have passed.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    By separating the twinks from the non twinks, both died. They could merge them back now, 6 years later, but the moment may have passed.
    What? Leveling via bg was a viable and fun activity when XP off was removed from bracket. Now I'm using LFD between questing instead of BG, and I play Rated Bg's as my endgame.

That's really sad.
    Last edited by Shalaator; 2019-01-05 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalaator View Post
    What? Leveling via bg was a viable and fun activity when XP off was removed from bracket. Now I'm using LFD between questing instead of BG, and I play Rated Bg's as my endgame.

That's really sad.
    Back then, Blizzard was on a bender to destroy all communities in the game. I gave up on the main game as they had destroyed the in-game community in late BC. I found refuge in the twink community as it was small but growing and then Blizzard ZOOMED in and nuked the twink community from space so I quit for a LONG time after that.

I just logged into my old twink guild and theres like 22-30 toons all marked as last login 6 years ago. Its like you can still see the crater effect from when they created XP off.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2019-01-05 at 08:21 PM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I played twinks way back in the day. I think I stopped with Cata but... It used to be awesome and Horde v Alliance was the main motivation. Like others have said, you level so fast now it doesnt matter if you end up in a BG or 2 and get stomped by some twinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    I played twinks way back in the day. I think I stopped with Cata but... It used to be awesome and Horde v Alliance was the main motivation. Like others have said, you level so fast now it doesnt matter if you end up in a BG or 2 and get stomped by some twinks.
    I guess casuals don't care.

As a competitive player I find not having the GEAR the respond to VERY BAD players that are otherwise easily kited and kicked and don't know how to line CC to be very frustrating (9 times out of 10 I can heal myself through them continuous since these bad players are easily juked as well, but as a dps character I stand no chance at all).

Being killed by bad players makes me not want to queue into these bg's for leveling. I also always wonder what new players think as well that would have had aspirations for PvP. Here are the following the ideas that go through my mind for a new player:

1: (A casual) Wow, I'm really bad at PvP, I'm not gonna do this anymore (new player doesn't understand that even with perfect play he can't win vs a twink). Result: Player unsubs, not ever realizing that it wasn't his skill or lack of PvP experience that was causing him to be virtually globaled. New Player assumes he sucks at the game entirely in every manner, not just PvP. BG queue also gets long as a result.

OR
    2: (A new aspiring and inquisitive PvP player) So these things, called twinks, can't be beat by any decent or even experienced player (when new player inevitably is taught/educated about twinks)? I'm not doing this until I'm max level (bg queue gets longer but at least he doesn't unsub).
    OR
    3: (savvy gamer that plays many different games and genres) As a new player, the only way I can get most of this twink gear is to buy a wow token and go to the AH? Wow &*&( pay to win system. (This new WoW player mistakenly assumes that WoW is akin to pay to win and never takes further time to research the game beyond the leveling experience). Player unsubs and bg queue gets longer

For an experienced player (a PvP'er in particular) the following chain of thoughts occur when enemy team has twinks and his team has none.

1: Is enemy team a premade?

A) Yes it is a twink premade, Afk in gy (sometimes deserter is caught for afk'ing in a lost game, making this player unable to requeue afterwards, making the queue longer).

B) No, it is not a twink premade, I will attempt a single teamfight (if healing) or more distant objective point (if dps) and see if these twinks are incapable of completeing the actual objectives.

B1: Damn, these twinks are playing objectives too...afk in gy (often catch deserter and queue gets longer as a result)
    B2: Cool, these twinks are tunneling on the roads ... easy win (sometimes the twinks turn it around at the last moment and do the objectives, this results as the experienced player having wasted their time even trying, experienced player then proceeds to wait and queue dodge enemy team, making queue longer).

Thus both the New and the Veteran player react in ways that only make the queue times longer, resulting in dead bg queues, couple this with my discovery of twink teams btaging each other and purposely queue dodging one another because god forbid they had to fight each other.

Sorry but I don't believe you about queues being too long before XPoff players were merged with leveling players. It may have been 2-3 years since I leveled a character, but the queues were always under 2 minutes on alliance and under 5 minutes on horde in all brackets.

I also don't believe the premise I quoted where "no one cares about being stomped by twinks because they level so fast nowadays" because if that was the case the queues wouldn't be so damn long. Twinking is toxic af to the game for both new and veteran players alike.
    Last edited by Shalaator; 2019-01-05 at 11:27 PM.

Just level to max and enjoy max lvl pvp instead? Dont see the point of trying to be great in pvp on a spec that doesnt have all its core abilities and flavor.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalaator View Post
    I guess casuals don't care.

-snip-
    Twinks used to always be in BGs. When I stopped(I think Cata) it was because Blizz made it that Twinks couldnt go into normal BGs anymore, you had to play against other twinks. Back then, you would usually have a premade of 5 players and would run into another pre of twinks. The rest was mixed with 'casuals'. Now, Twinks were always a thing, you could just level up to whatever level 19, 29, 39... and just do nothing but BGs after.

Personally, I got more into PvP because of going up against Twinks. I would sit there and wonder why this Hunter/Rogue, etc was hitting me so hard. Would look up their armory figure it out and then go and get more gear, change talents, work on other things.

People complaining now about Twinks being back doesnt make sense because it used to always be that way. Its better now because lots of people have heirloom armor which makes you basically a twink.

Your arguments make no sense. Its just people bitching/crying that somebody has an advantage. Well, so what. It used to always be that if you didnt like getting steamrolled by a twink, you just kept leveling to max where the playing field is more even. Whats even better now is that you can level so much faster then before.

The fact that somebody even makes a post about getting stomped in a twink BG is kind of silly. Youre there for such a short amount of time its stupid to complain about it.

I play twinks since 2008 and while being able to play twinks in BGs again is nice, I found out tonight after going me solo queue twink + 1 or 2 other twinks on my team against f**king 12 premades in a row with 10+ twinks (2 groups of 5), I know most of them by their names on EU. I am actually on the edge of just quitting all together.

I had really good games with 10+ twinks on both sides, but now everyone is just queue dodging on Discord to farm levelers. It's pathetic to be honest. Most of those are trash players.

Last words: Twinking is fine, but premades are killing me, same as 120. Only 2 months left on my account hopefully. So I will join the million or so that did quit recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    I play twinks since 2008 and while being able to play twinks in BGs again is nice, I found out tonight after going me solo queue twink + 1 or 2 other twinks on my team against f**king 12 premades in a row with 10+ twinks (2 groups of 5), I know most of them by their names on EU. I am actually on the edge of just quitting all together.

I had really good games with 10+ twinks on both sides, but now everyone is just queue dodging on Discord to farm levelers. It's pathetic to be honest. Most of those are trash players.

Last words: Twinking is fine, but premades are killing me, same as 120. Only 2 months left on my account hopefully. So I will join the million or so that did quit recently.
    I feel you on this too, I actually dread doing random bg's solo queue. lol. Come to think of it I've only done rated since patch 7.2. Initially I did some 5 man premades in ranndoms, made some friends, they asked me to try rated bg with them and I got to 2200 on horde near the end of 7.3.

Still hardstuck 2k on alliance and I just broke 2400 as of last week on horde, alliance just seems to be bad at securing kills in big teamfights. lol

Didn't know this was a case, but it's obviously a step backwards if true. Twink players who just want to stomp people who can't fight back are pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Didn't know this was a case, but it's obviously a step backwards if true. Twink players who just want to stomp people who can't fight back are pathetic.
    Don't make assumptions for the whole twink population. Currently on live I would say a majority arer new to twinking and are like you said. There is a solid base of vets (around 20-30%) or so I think that wish to fight only twinks. We cba of grey kills and GY farming. The problem like I said earlier is that is the mix and scrubs premading the brackets into toxic levels. They of course only play FotM, but that is expected. Like at 120 PVP.

But twinking used also to be for PVE content, like lvl 1 / 60 / 70 twinks. They were also twinks and it was super fun (open world PVE for 1s and raids for 60 and 70s). But the purpose was completely different. It mostly died though.

It's like I want to grab someone from Blizzard by their shoulders, shake them and yell "WHY?!".

Twinks, ugh. So I have the habit of leveling characters and instead of doing RFD for the millionth time, I like to change the pace with some low lvl bgs. For those who don't know me, I achieved Bloodthirsty in MoP after starting to farm in late Cata. Point is, I've done quite a few bgs.

But the twinks just fuck it up for me! I try one lvl bg and get absolutely demolished. So I don't do them anymore. Hope all levelers quit doing them for as long as Blizzard allow XP-off people to be with us who are just leveling up. Then, the queues get insane and they either have to 1) fight each other or 2) quit. As long as I don't have to deal with them anymore, they might as well cry themselves to sleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    It's like I want to grab someone from Blizzard by their shoulders, shake them and yell "WHY?!".

Twinks, ugh. So I have the habit of leveling characters and instead of doing RFD for the millionth time, I like to change the pace with some low lvl bgs. For those who don't know me, I achieved Bloodthirsty in MoP after starting to farm in late Cata. Point is, I've done quite a few bgs.

But the twinks just fuck it up for me! I try one lvl bg and get absolutely demolished. So I don't do them anymore. Hope all levelers quit doing them for as long as Blizzard allow XP-off people to be with us who are just leveling up. Then, the queues get insane and they either have to 1) fight each other or 2) quit. As long as I don't have to deal with them anymore, they might as well cry themselves to sleep.
    I actually heard one of the twinks saying not to camp the GY since it kills the bracket. Most of the twinks these dont care though, they kill their own content, which makes them even more vicious once they get any content lol

Deleted
    because of how the stats have been squished and scaled down to your level, the gap between a fully geared twink vs a normal player, isnt as massive as it once were.