What if WF Garr kill got Talisman of Binding Shard

I would laugh so hard at the level of tryhard that would happen if this was the case.

For the many that don't know, there was a legendary amulet that wasn't supposed to be on the loot tables on Garr. It appears it was to be part of the Thunderfury quest but removed.

ONE person in the world got it, then Blizzard removed it from the loot tables. It also is the only necklace that has ever modified a person's appearance, giving a lightning ball around the character similar to the shaman ability.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Talisman_of_Binding_Shard
    https://www.wowprogress.com/characte...ackrock/Savorx
    https://imgur.com/jRXunP4

Curious if this works:
    /script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("\124cffff8000\124Hitem:17782:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0\124h[Talisman of Binding Shard]\124h\124r");

He's not showing up on the official armory as the one player (think his gamertag is Noktyn) hasn't been on in forever.

Edit: The Talisman dropped off Baron Geddon, not Garr.
    Last edited by garicasha; 2019-01-08 at 04:37 AM.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

It always killed me when people got stuff like that and quit playing. Like people with black qiraji. I feel like if you have something that old and rare then you're obligated to log in every once in a while to show it off.

I would say that the chances that necklace get's added in classic, even as a one time drop, is less than 1%. The item was probably intended to be a part of Thunderfury in some way but blizz scrapped that idea without ever removing the item from the database. It just somehow slipped in the loot-table of Garr for a period of time and one player was just lucky enough to get it. I don't even think it was a world first Garr kill that got the drop, but I could be wrong on this.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should add it to the Garr loot table with tiny chance and disable it completely after first drop. That would be authentic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabraham View Post
    It always killed me when people got stuff like that and quit playing. Like people with black qiraji. I feel like if you have something that old and rare then you're obligated to log in every once in a while to show it off.
    I feel like Blizzard is obligated to not turn the game into something unrecognizable to it's former self in every way but the franchise it belongs to so those people actually want to keep logging in.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the original owner have it anymore? I think he tried to sell his account a while ago and got perma banned and the item was removed.

Could be wrong or mixing it up though.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    I feel like Blizzard is obligated to not turn the game into something unrecognizable to it's former self in every way but the franchise it belongs to so those people actually want to keep logging in.
    A lot of those people quit before the game went to shit. Depending on what your opinion of when the game precisely went to shit was. Personally my comment had nothing to do with the state of the game. Merely that a bunch of people got stuff like this from Vanilla and quit at the end of LK or something.

Deleted
    A lot of those people quit before the game went to shit. Depending on what your opinion of when the game precisely went to shit was. Personally my comment had nothing to do with the state of the game. Merely that a bunch of people got stuff like this from Vanilla and quit at the end of LK or something.
    Your comment makes zero sense.

I am supposed to keep paying for a game subscription because I got a special item in that game? What state of mind is necessary to reach such an asinine conclusion?

Quote Originally Posted by wegwacc View Post
    Your comment makes zero sense.

I am supposed to keep paying for a game subscription because I got a special item in that game? What state of mind is necessary to reach such an asinine conclusion?
    The state of mind that doesn't have to look at every post as "Blizzard is shit, everyone quit the game." Seriously dude, OP was making a non-serious post about something astronomical, and you had to turn in to something else. What kind of person spends their time looking for lighthearted statements like mine and just feels the need to shit all over it?

I hope your life gets less bitter. I really do

Deleted
    The state of mind that doesn't have to look at every post as "Blizzard is shit, everyone quit the game." Seriously dude, OP was making a non-serious post about something astronomical, and you had to turn in to something else. What kind of person spends their time looking for lighthearted statements like mine and just feels the need to shit all over it?

I hope your life gets less bitter. I really do
    As to an answer to your question: Someone who discusses things in a discussion forum. If you are only looking for the gratification provided by people who already share your opinion, and agree on everything you do, you are on the wrong website. But don't worry, there are ample echochambers on facebook tailored to just such a need.

Quote Originally Posted by wegwacc View Post
    As to an answer to your question: Someone who discusses things in a discussion forum. If you are only looking for the gratification provided by people who already share your opinion, and agree on everything you do, you are on the wrong website. But don't worry, there are ample echochambers on facebook tailored to just such a need.
    There's a huge difference between insulting someone and disagreeing. But I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

I've had the black battle tank for over 12 years now, I barely even use it other than leveling during a new xpac. To you, it's super rare and all that, to me it's a mount that I've had for longer than just about any other and I'd rather look at something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    I've had the black battle tank for over 12 years now, I barely even use it other than leveling during a new xpac. To you, it's super rare and all that, to me it's a mount that I've had for longer than just about any other and I'd rather look at something else.
    There's nothing wrong with that. My original comment was more of an off-hand remark. Like if you had a rare car that no one else had seen before. would you show it off or keep it locked up?

Na, I understand what you're saying, I think I only responded because I just had this conversation with a friend a few days ago. I'd definitely show it off in your comparison, but less so for myself and more for someone to share something who has an appreciation for the car, and yeah, the same can be said about the mount and when someone sees the title and asks to see the mount, I'm happy to oblige.

Cool stuff. Too bad the thread got derailed by some douchebags.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a sidenote, it dropped from Baron Geddon, NOT from Garr.

Prolly won't make it to classic though :/
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Deleted
    WF Garr was over a decade ago though.

or the few players that have the black horde worg mount as alliance. *at least when blizz fixed this..the players that got it, were allowed to keep it*
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    I would laugh so hard at the level of tryhard that would happen if this was the case.

For the many that don't know, there was a legendary amulet that wasn't supposed to be on the loot tables on Garr. It appears it was to be part of the Thunderfury quest but removed.

ONE person in the world got it, then Blizzard removed it from the loot tables. It also is the only necklace that has ever modified a person's appearance, giving a lightning ball around the character similar to the shaman ability.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Talisman_of_Binding_Shard
    https://www.wowprogress.com/characte...ackrock/Savorx
    https://imgur.com/jRXunP4

Curious if this works:
    /script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("\124cffff8000\124Hitem:17782:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0\124h[Talisman of Binding Shard]\124h\124r");

He's not showing up on the official armory as the one player (think his gamertag is Noktyn) hasn't been on in forever.

Edit: The Talisman dropped off Baron Geddon, not Garr.
    It wasn't meant to have dropped I believe.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    They should add it to the Garr loot table with tiny chance and disable it completely after first drop. That would be authentic.
    This would be super cool. I'm sure they won't though