10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Intersectional Gringo View Post
    Dunno if anyone mentioned this but he is already backing down from his syria pullout comments.

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/...405583882?s=19

Trump says US is pulling back in Syria.

HE ADDS: “I never said we were doing it that quickly.”
    He still hasn't figured out what those recordy things the reporters use do...
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    But his "fucking dumb base" are the ones that will be voting for him in 2020 so he needs them in side.

+Yes, in regards to actually building the wall $20 million is peanuts. As donations from the public to help fund a government project and show support, it's a serioisly huge amount.
    Is the moron running that gofundme going to keep fundraising in perpetuity for the wall's upkeep?

All you've proven is the power of stupid people in large groups. And the adage "a fool and his money . . . "
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Is the moron running that gofundme going to keep fundraising in perpetuity for the wall's upkeep?

All you've proven is the power of stupid people in large groups. And the adage "a fool and his money . . . "
    He'll keep running it until idiots stop giving him free money.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    And it still won't be enough to fund the wall or its upkeep.
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    He still hasn't figured out what those recordy things the reporters use do...
    Measure his greatness? You know, everytime a new record!
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Sorry, this isn't enough to fund the wall. But I will put the money you donated to good use, trust me!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Measure his greatness? You know, everytime a new record!
    The Mouth of Saur...err Sanders, introduced Trump at his Press Conference the other day as "our very great President".

These are things that these low quality people say, and they don't stop and think "you know, maybe that's more in line with Turkmenistan than the United States of America".

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    The Mouth of Saur...err Sanders, introduced Trump at his Press Conference the other day as "our very great President".

These are things that these low quality people say, and they don't stop and think "you know, maybe that's more in line with Turkmenistan than the United States of America".
    Well I mean, normally all that's needed is 'ladies and gentlemen, the President of the United States of America' and all the inherent respect and power of the office is implied. Things are a bit different nowadays.

10+ Year Old Account

That's because if they don't sing "how great thou art" about Trump every time he walks into a room, he bitches about them later on Twitter.
    Putin khuliyo

From now on, this is how we need to look at Sarah Huckabee Sanders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    I'm sure plenty of people are doing that already. Apparently there is a large tax break for doing it and you only have to do a small number of rides a year.
    yes, the mileage deduction, which in 2018 was 54.5 a mile

worked as a courier for 3-6 monthes, and then, because there either is no cap, or its really high, wipe out any taxes Id have to pay for the year

President Own-Goal evidently gave up Mattis and severely harmed Civilian-Military relations for.... nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    But his "fucking dumb base" are the ones that will be voting for him in 2020 so he needs them in side.

+Yes, in regards to actually building the wall $20 million is peanuts. As donations from the public to help fund a government project and show support, it's a serioisly huge amount.
    The Kickstarter to bring back MST3K raised 6 million. A cult television show. 20 million spread among the supposed 63 million people who voted for Trump? Not exactly a HUGE show of support, all things considered. And "his people" becomes more of a minority as time goes by.

15+ Year Old Account
    President Own-Goal evidently gave up Mattis and severely harmed Civilian-Military relations for.... nothing.
    The best deal maker of all time!
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    From now on, this is how we need to look at Sarah Huckabee Sanders.
    Meh I just go the distance:

Or at least, amateur-hour Joseph Goebbels.

But seriously, I think we're at the point where we can start making these comparisons, because the Trump Administration, including Propaganda Minister Sanders, are ticking all the fascism boxes. Sure, they don't have absolute power, sure, they haven't started killing people yet, sure, the fascism isn't naked yet, but it's there. We have right now, to do something about it, to legally stop them.

After all, in the late 1920s/early 1930s, the Nazis were elected into power by the people. Hitler didn't just apparate into power like some evil Hogwarts wizard.

And to all the naysaysers, here's what I'm looking at:

Scapegoating the nations problems onto a single minority -> check
    Consistently claiming the nation is in existential crisis due to "the other" -> check
    A rise in feverish nationalism -> check
    Attempts by the state to disparage or discredit the press -> check
    Spread of propaganda and falsehoods -> check
    A nearly occultish worship of a leader -> check
    A leader who believes he's the only solution -> check

The warning signs are all there.

Am I crazy for pointing them out? I sure hope I am.

Does this mean all of his supporters are nazis and anti-semites? No. But it does mean they're falling for the bullshit and the propaganda.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account

But seriously, I think we're at the point where we can start making these comparisons, because the Trump Administration, including Propaganda Minister Sanders, are ticking all the fascism boxes. Sure, they don't have absolute power, sure, they haven't started killing people yet, sure, the fascism isn't naked yet, but it's there. We have right now, to do something about it, to legally stop them.

After all, in the late 1920s/early 1930s, the Nazis were elected into power by the people. Hitler didn't just apparate into power like some evil Hogwarts wizard.

Consistently claiming the nation is in existential crisis due to "the other" -> check

Does this mean all of his supporters are nazis and anti-semites? No. But it does mean they're falling for the bullshit and the propaganda.
    I posted this a couple weeks back

Umberto Eco's list of the fourteen typical features of Eternal Fascism or Ur-Fascism:

1. The cult of tradition. “One has only to look at the syllabus of every fascist movement to find the major traditionalist thinkers. The Nazi gnosis was nourished by traditionalist, syncretistic, occult elements.”
    2. The rejection of modernism. “The Enlightenment, the Age of Reason, is seen as the beginning of modern depravity. In this sense Ur-Fascism can be defined as irrationalism.”
    3. The cult of action for action’s sake. “Action being beautiful in itself, it must be taken before, or without, any previous reflection. Thinking is a form of emasculation.”
    4. Disagreement is treason. “The critical spirit makes distinctions, and to distinguish is a sign of modernism. In modern culture the scientific community praises disagreement as a way to improve knowledge.”
    5. Fear of difference. “The first appeal of a fascist or prematurely fascist movement is an appeal against the intruders. Thus Ur-Fascism is racist by definition.”
    6. Appeal to social frustration. “One of the most typical features of the historical fascism was the appeal to a frustrated middle class, a class suffering from an economic crisis or feelings of political humiliation, and frightened by the pressure of lower social groups.”
    7. The obsession with a plot. “The followers must feel besieged. The easiest way to solve the plot is the appeal to xenophobia.”
    8. The enemy is both strong and weak. “By a continuous shifting of rhetorical focus, the enemies are at the same time too strong and too weak.”
    9. Pacifism is trafficking with the enemy. “For Ur-Fascism there is no struggle for life but, rather, life is lived for struggle.”
    10. Contempt for the weak. “Elitism is a typical aspect of any reactionary ideology.”
    11. Everybody is educated to become a hero. “In Ur-Fascist ideology, heroism is the norm. This cult of heroism is strictly linked with the cult of death.”
    12. Machismo and weaponry. “Machismo implies both disdain for women and intolerance and condemnation of nonstandard sexual habits, from chastity to homosexuality.”
    13. Selective populism. “There is in our future a TV or Internet populism, in which the emotional response of a selected group of citizens can be presented and accepted as the Voice of the People.”
    14. Ur-Fascism speaks Newspeak. “All the Nazi or Fascist schoolbooks made use of an impoverished vocabulary, and an elementary syntax, in order to limit the instruments for complex and critical reasoning.”

It fucking nails everything about Trump's GOP. Just nails it. Which is terrifying.
    Impeach the MF.

Trump, the GOP and their supporters are similar to Nazis. It's not crazy to point these things out because they are true. We're getting a front row seat answer to the question, "How was Nazi Germany possible?" Problem is over the past several decades Hitler and Nazis have been used as attacks millions of times. In most cases those attacks weren't accurate so I think a lot of people nowadays just ignore any comparison to Nazis.

Thankfully, dems have the house back and will likely take back the senate and presidency in 2020. If we can at least partially fix our broken voting system and scale back voter suppression then the current GOP will be forced to change or die in the 2020s. Again, I'm thankful that dems managed to get back into power on the state level in several different states to help accomplish this.

Nope, if you look at the general offtopic every now and then you will also see allot of people using the same type of words to describe those ''others''.

The right-wing aren't called fascist (wannabees) because of a difference in opiniopn, they are called that because of the specific words they use that is a similair to a certain ideology that should have ended in 1945.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Trump, the GOP and their supporters are similar to Nazis. It's not crazy to point these things out because they are true. We're getting a front row seat answer to the question, "How was Nazi Germany possible?" Problem is over the past several decades Hitler and Nazis have been used as attacks millions of times. In most cases those attacks weren't accurate so I think a lot of people nowadays just ignore any comparison to Nazis.

Thankfully, dems have the house back and will likely take back the senate and presidency in 2020. If we can at least partially fix our broken voting system and scale back voter suppression then the current GOP will be forced to change or die in the 2020s. Again, I'm thankful that dems managed to get back into power on the state level in several different states to help accomplish this.
    But they kind of where. If you look at the words people are using, to describe the ''others'' then you will see allot of similarities.

Making people fear XYZ, scapegoating them and describing them as vermin this is the propaganda that has been used by the right-wing for a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    From now on, this is how
    I WILL POST THE CHRISTMAS TREES AGAIN. That was horrifying.

*cough*

On topic: name the speaker!

I just feel so betrayed. If we fail because the company is being harmed by the government, that just makes me sick
    Yes, that was the chairman of EBW Electronics and Trump supporter Pat LeBlanc, defending the company's decision to move to Mexico (from Detroit, lol) because of Trump's tariffs. He also told the NYTimes that he expects said tariffs to cut their profits for 2019 in half.

But wait! Guess the speaker round two EBW Electrics Boogaloo!

It’s a tax that comes right off the bottom line. It totally incentivizes you to move out of the United States and build either in Canada or Mexico. These are active conversations right now...The tariffs are designed to hurt China, but they are being paid by American companies
    That's the president, Cory Steeby, also defending that decision. He says there is "no intelligence" guiding the tariffs, and who also said EBW filed for an exemption and has not yet heard back one way or the other. Yes, he has to eat the costs while he waits.

EBW Electronics is not a huge company, 230 employees, but makes dozens of millions in revenue per year. And they're not alone. We've heard it from the Heritage Foundation. We've heard in the Midwest. We've heard it from the steel industry, the auto industry, and even from Boeing a company Trump loves so much he put them in charge of the DoD and $10 billion in contracts.

And many of Trump's earlier "successes" were already in the works, he just took credit where none was due.

Trump has let his people down. This is yet another failure to add to the burning tire pyre of his failed administration.

Are we tired of winning yet?

- - - Updated - - -

Continued evidence of Trump's world collapsing: FOX News directly challenges What He Meant Was about terrorists crossing the southern border.

“We know that, roughly, nearly 4,000 known or suspected terrorists come into our country illegally, and we know that our most vulnerable point of entry is at our southern border,” she said, before Wallace cut her off.

“Do you know where those 4,000 people come, where they are captured?” Wallace responded. “Airports … the state department says there hasn’t been any terrorists found coming across the southern border.”

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    [I]
    Continued evidence of Trump's world collapsing: FOX News directly challenges What He Meant Was about terrorists crossing the southern border.
    Is anyone else extremely triggered by this administrations tendency to leave out what period the numbers they are addressing covered? Is this 4000 people since American Independence? Since Yesterday? They throw out hilarious exact numbers to make it sound authoritative, and then leave out the detail that would let us actually determine the volume. It would be like if I claimed my car burned 100 gallons of gas. With no comment on the time period, distance driven, or any other metric that would let you know if that was a decent number or not.

"Known or Suspected Terrorists" is another hilariously vague term. What qualifies as a "Suspected Terrorist" and why are you lumping then in with known terrorists? From the standpoint of the TSA, 260,000 suspected terrorists fly out of the Atlanta Airport every day, what is why everyone has to get screened and secured appropriately. On your average day, exactly 0 of those suspected terrorists are actual terrorists. Because most people are not actually murderous assholes.
    Last edited by Thekri; 2019-01-06 at 09:15 PM.