Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Alexa creeping people out?

Has anyone else experienced this? Something creepy that alexa has said?
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

She's not creepy per se, just obnoxious sometimes. She often fails to respond appropriately, then speaks when it does not make sense.
    If you remember Kinect from a few years ago, that thing felt way creepier mainly due to its camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    Can you elaborate??

There was that incident of Alexa randomly laughing even when nobody has said anything or at inappropriate times. I'd say that's pretty creepy.

the creepy laughing for one.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing that creeps me out about Alexa is how much that Echo passively listens to background noise.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    The only thing that creeps me out about Alexa is how much that Echo passively listens to background noise.
    Exactly. People think it laughing or whatever is creepy. Boy, you people... it's listening to you and if you think Amazon is actually deleting everything it records...

*insert Alexa laughter here*
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

One more thing - Alexa and Fire TV is kind of a mess right now. She's not even able to execute "Alexa mute" reliably. I keep using the remote because doing voice commands will take 10 times as long, not to mention a big chunk of my sanity.

I have a few Alexa's around the house. i dont really care what it hears.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    Nope, I'm not a kid though and understands how Alexa works.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just think the concept of it is creepy but as a smart phone user I really don't have a leg to stand on accusing others of bringing in those devices into their home.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have one, myself. Not because, "The government/Amazon/etc. is listening to you!" (nothing interesting enough to warrant being worried about some bored NSA agent listening in happens in my house) but because my friend has one and it's generally more of a hindrance than a help, especially since, if I really want something off Amazon on the fly, I can just use my phone's voice recognition to search for whatever it is I want off Amazon.

Meanwhile I'm at my buddy's house discussing how much I got something for (I think we were discussing Roger Moore sausages? and I'd gotten a good deal on them) and next thing I know, Alexa's getting in on the conversation. Maybe once these smart systems are a bit smarter and able to recognize context I'll look into picking one up, but 'til then it just seems like a hassle.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I gave mine to my father-in-law. I don’t think they’re totally secure - same with Google Home. In the short time we did have it, nothing weird was said.
    I read that voice assistants (Alexa etc) listen to your talks and they are sent to marketing companies

Made her sing some songs. That was creepy...

5+ Year Old Account
    Why purchase a product that was creepy to begin with?
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

10+ Year Old Account
    I will never get over the fact that people not only let a bunch of mega-corporations put a hot mic in their home that listens to everything they say and do, but they actually paid them for the privilege.

I think that was when society reached peak retard.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I will never get over the fact that people not only let a bunch of mega-corporations put a hot mic in their home that listens to everything they say and do, but they actually paid them for the privilege.

I think that was when society reached peak retard.
    Just a few weeks ago there was a scandal that went mostly unnoticed: an amazon customer wanted an information on which data amazon had about him via data protection laws in europe, and he got the data of someone else, INCLUDING sound documents that alexa had recorded.

Under no circumstances would i ever consider buying such a wiretap.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's an absurd invasion of privacy to put anything like that where you live and it's only going to get worse as time goes on.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset