Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Firstly thats fucking horrifying!

Secondly I wonder what will happen to the poor kid? Even if the mum wakes up in any short time frame can you really spring the child on her? (And clearly if the biological father comes forward that man's going to prison)

Quote Originally Posted by noladrew View Post
    Considering she gave birth, I'd go with no ....
    Ah, didn't read the article. Damn. Ruined my joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Ah, didn't read the article. Damn. Ruined my joke.
    It's also in the title.
    Did you read anything? lol

For these kind of situations I'd say it's best to have him be adopted and bury any information connecting him to this situation so he can never find out.

Ignorance is bliss for these fucked up situations.
    And if the mother wakes up? Not tell her?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's reasonable to serve warrants for DNA samples in this case.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Did you read the article OP? She is not in a coma. She is in a vegetative state... aka she lies in bed all day because she has a traumatic brain injury which causes hundreds of seizures a day and prevents her from walking and talking. She can respond to stimuli [according to the mother, can indicate yes or no to questions]. So, it's possible she indicted yes, but since she is a vulnerable adult it is still nonconsensual and therefore sexual assault.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It's also in the title.
    Did you read anything? lol
    Appearantly not. Well, to be fair in the title it says "give" instead of "gives" so maybe I assumed it was future tense.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Did you read the article OP? She is not in a coma. She is in a vegetative state... aka she lies in bed all day because she has a traumatic brain injury which causes hundreds of seizures a day and prevents her from walking and talking. She can respond to stimuli [according to the mother, can indicate yes or no to questions]. So, it's possible she indicted yes, but since she is a vulnerable adult it is still nonconsensual and therefore sexual assault.
    Swedish news site said coma and I thought vegetative state were such. Thanks for clearing it up although you could've use some more tact.

Appearantly not. Well, to be fair in the title it says "give" instead of "gives" so maybe I assumed it was future tense.
    should probable have used gave, granted.

I mean, she's been in a coma for 10 or so years at this point. Chances are the woman isn't waking up. As outlandish as this story is, it honestly sounds like a movie plot, as shitty as that is to say.

If someone named Buck worked there, that's your guy.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    10 years in a coma...at what point do you just say enough is enough? She can respond to stimuli, I can't imagine anyone wanting that for the rest of her bioligical life.

My guess it was Buck because he likes to .... party.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    When I read the article in Danish, it specifically said, no male employee had ever been alone with her., so I doubt the employees can be legally tested.

But a deranged employee (male or female) or visitor can administer a syringe full of sperm, in a few seconds; it's not nessesarily a rape case.
    So, which do you think is more likely?

a) Some weirdo got a syringe to get a coma patient pregnant for some really messed up reason.

b) The hospital, looking at being liable legally and suffering a major PR disaster, decides to lie about it.

If your answer is a, then please message me as I have some wonderful bridges for sale in Ohio.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    So, which do you think is more likely?

a) Some weirdo got a syringe to get a coma patient pregnant for some really messed up reason.

b) The hospital, looking at being liable legally and suffering a major PR disaster, decides to lie about it.

If your answer is a, then please message me as I have some wonderful bridges for sale in Ohio.
    I'm not saying what happened, only what is within the realm of posilibity..

If you can think up a scenario, you can bet, someone have already done it, or atleast tried to do it.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

why are there never any pictures in washington post articles? its almost like they're made up...
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

But a deranged employee (male or female) or visitor can administer a syringe full of sperm, in a few seconds; it's not nessesarily a rape case.
    That would absolutely still be rape.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    Idk about that but can you really violate the rights of a vegetable.
    All jokes aside, bodily autonomy is a legal concept. If you can't harvest a dead person's organs without their prior consent, this is definitely beyond the pale.

On-topic: I'd like to think hospitals retain employee records for at least a year for tax purposes, so it shouldn't in theory be impossible to subpoena all employees who had access to that patient 8-10 months ago, current and former, and get DNA samples from them. Of course, there's also the question of if it were someone who didn't work there, someone who didn't work in that wing of the hospital, and a thousand other questions that make me glad I'm not a criminal investigator of any kind.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKickBan View Post
    That would absolutely still be rape.
    It have nothing to do with rape..
    Abuse, yes, but not rape..

Rape is forceful intercource, not forceful inseminatio.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    She's in for a rude awakening no matter what, but I suppose it's on her how she decides the situation plays out should she wake up.
    She will most probably never wake up. As my understanding is, she is not in coma, but in vegetative state induced by brain damage; in short, it's over. The longer you stay in the coma, the less the chances are to waking up, because the brain is not stimulated, and as every other organ or muscle, if the brain is not stimulated, it will inevitably lead to atrophy, which in turn leads to heavier and permanent damage.
    On the other hand, being in a vegetative state is akin to being already dead, because your brain is already damaged, your conscience is most probably already gone, you are just a piece of dead meat, with a almost no functional brain who is only working in minimal energy mode (only the most basic biological functions are working); you are extremely likely to not ever wake up again since you brain is already damaged and won't heal, ever.

Deleted
    Easy to find out who did it. Just figure out who bought huge amounts of lube in the area 9 months before she gives birth .

It have nothing to do with rape..
    Abuse, yes, but not rape..

Rape is forceful intercource, not forceful inseminatio.

Definition of rape

(Entry 1 of 4)

1 : unlawful sexual activity and usually sexual intercourse carried out forcibly or under threat of injury against a person's will or with a person who is beneath a certain age or incapable of valid consent because of mental illness, mental deficiency, intoxication, unconsciousness, or deception
    Definition of intercourse

(Entry 3 of 3)

3 : physical sexual contact between individuals that involves the genitalia of at least one person
    Sticking a syringe of semen in a woman's vagina is pretty well covered under 'sexual activity', as well as 'sexual intercourse'.