Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I play on Outland EU. World lag has existed since launch, it's less on certain times, more on other times. Before 8.1 the world lag was mostly on certain zones, like Drustvar being the worst case scenario. After 8.1 every zone has serious delays for character actions, specially the Alliance zones. Horde zones don't lag as much. Outland EU is like 90% alliance too. Warmode OFF lags the most, Warmode ON lags, but not as much.

Sometimes on evenings Boralus is like a broken chinese mmo game.... Everyone complains about that in Outland, yes people are complaining in yell Chat, in general and trade, also guildies complain about world lag, so I am not the only one. The only one who does not know about it, seems to be Blizzard themselves.

Dungeons, Raids, Battlegrounds and other instanced content that have their own servers work good. Only World server seems to be lagging.
    Last edited by Acidmetal; 2019-01-07 at 05:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sativ View Post
    I've noticed lag due to sharding. You'll join a group to do a WQ and be stuck in that shard till you hearth or zone. Playing at 250ms on an oceanic shard is annoying
    Yeah, I've had this too. You should be returned to your home shard after you leave the group.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I completely agree

I am absolutely 100% positive I need to shit on this now-terrible company.

You sure you don't want to click on any of the many links I posted with proof lol?? xD

WoW is currently the ONLY (relevant) MMO on the market with massive server lags.

And why are retards posting about fps.. that has nothing to do with ms lag.
    Makes a thinly veiled whine thread to shit on Blizzard, and calls posters who disagrees with him retards. Classic Lazuli thread. Where are the mods to close this down again?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    I take "What is OSI layer 7?" for 400 points Alex.
    Those are technically different things. Transport level latency can easily be 20ms while application level "lag" can be skyhigh. This thread alone shows how hard it is for Blizzard to actually troubleshoot this - people are talking about completely different technical concepts and no one has posted any technical evidence.

I'm still quite certain this has to do with sharding lag on server side and not about network transport latency.
    Then implement a latency to the sharding servers so people can actually understand what's happening. Latency/Lag is a clear description yet currently in-game it is not representing what is happening in game. And yes, WoW is the only game where lag spikes/delay are not accurate represented in the UI of an online only game. I can go play WoT, CS:GO, Dauntless etc. and when I see delay it will instantly show me high ping telling me exactly that something is wrong. Yet in WoW you have to use tracer -t and shit to even prove there is any lag, I usually have 20ms to the servers yet currently unless the lag is outrageous I wouldn't even notice that the delay would actually be 50ms which is of course playable but still not what my connection is capable of. Small indie Dev. And yes, this was NOT the case in Vanilla, TBC, Wotlk. The quality of the game has dropped significantly in every department.
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2019-01-07 at 10:47 AM.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Posted already in another thread but noticed some horrendous lag during assaults and in assault areas. Things like mounting up and just running fast instead of actually sitting on the mount, quests not accepting or showing up, quest turn in working a good 10 minutes after I clicked it and general ability lag.

EU Arathor.

Playing on low-high pop server, I notice lags only during certain periods and specific zones - Tiragarde during invasion or the world boss with the main hub full of idling people gets sometimes laggy.

The other instance I get heavy lags is Isle of conquest when everyone fights over the workshop, but even that isn't as bad now that most people figured out the hangar can win too if the opposite team ignores it, so it's not 40v40 wizard aoe fest anymore.

Anyway, OP is just talking out of his ass as he clearly stated he doesn't play the game and hasn't played for quite some time. Just another case of internet stalking psycho who can't get over the fact that someone is doing good without him. Lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did not expect server lags. Probably people with bad connection thinking that it's server lag when it's their problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...48655576604673
    This has been issue since launch, they can't afford decent servers ? huh ? They either give 0 fucks or are clueless.
    I just want to mention that throwing more powerful hardware at the underlying software will not necessarily improve performance. It's not that simple

I play on ArgentDawn EU and yes, there's been some server lag since BfA launch. It's not all the time and most of the time you can play perfectly fine, but the issue exists and it wasn't there during Legion.
    Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp, Or what's a heaven for? -- Robert Browning

Been playing bfa everyday since release and never really noticed any lag, outside of tiny delay in chat input.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Instances are ok but I'm pretty sure my abilities are lagging way too much for 40ms in open world.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Upgraded my PC by a large margin compared to my old one this fall. Installed BfA and for the most part is has gone smooth. But for the last couple of weeks its been horrendus. Especially if I travel into a zone with assult going on. Everything hangs up.