Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Yes, plenty of stupidity in the statement "no difference between 10 million and 300 million people in terms of politics". I'm Swedish too if you're going to pretend like that's why I'm saying it's stupid.
    You just said the thing as me, the numbers are not the issue. Resistance to adopt it is.

Leaving about 30% take home pay
    Ba-bow, someone failed maths again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I bet the tax system encourages people to aim for a lower salary were the high taxes don't kick in. Instead of $98K they might shoot for $50K.
    This is... irony, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Yes, plenty of stupidity in the statement "no difference between 10 million and 300 million people in terms of politics".
    You can't just make a blanket statement like that, you have to actually propose a reason why population size is relevant to this particular argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I bet the tax system encourages people to aim for a lower salary were the high taxes don't kick in. Instead of $98K they might shoot for $50K.
    Man I know people that think like this. "i don't wanna make over x becasue i will make less money if i hit the new tax bracket." Its amazing how many people don't really know how the tax system works

Hubcap making a fool out of himself then bailing thread. Just another day that ends in -y. At least we had some informative posts detailing taxation for dummies like op.

Quote Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
    I'd say it depends on what those extra dollars cost YOU as a worker : more work time, less free/family time, etc... If your overtime ends up taxed at 70% how does that balance with the time spent?
    Diminishing returns of dollars per hour spent is different from thinking if you earn more you actually earn less, though.

You might learn less than you would have if the tax rate were lower, but at the end of the day it's still more money in your pocket. The way some people treat tax brackets is trying to avoid the next bracket at any cost because they think they'll have money taken away from them, as opposed to earning less value past their current salary.

Gotta fund all those "refugees'" rapecations after all. How else will they breed away their heritage?
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2019-01-07 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for trolling

Mother is a nurse and when she got too much overtime she got into a much higher tax bracket. You know what she did to stop that? She wouldn't work, and at the time there was a huge shortage of nurses in our state. Yup taxing middle class is awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by looorg View Post
    Sweden is a lot larger then an American city. By population it is about the numbers of NYC -- give or take a million people or so depending on how much you add to NYC and the surrounding area. But land size it's larger then California, if Sweden was a state in the USA it would be number 3 sorted by size. So people are fairly spread out, even if most of them live in the lower 1/3 or so of the country. But keeping the same coverage all across the land becomes problematic and expensive. A lot more so then if you had 10M people living in one tiny little spot such as NYC.
    You missed the point, land size has nothing to do with it. Taxes are paid by people, not dirt and trees... It's A LOT easier to get 10M people to go along with something than it is to get 400M.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2019-01-07 at 08:47 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Mother is a nurse and when she got too much overtime she got into a much higher tax bracket. You know what she did to stop that? She wouldn't work, and at the time there was a huge shortage of nurses in our state. Yup taxing middle class is awesome!
    Considering the difference in taxes for brackets in the US is usually around 2-5% you are either lying or your mother is horrible at math.

Deleted
    define why and how we are fine?

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I have a lot of co workers who refuse to over time and I'm like why.. especially during holidays. Their answer is always higher bracket, more taxes. It makes no sense you're still making a fuckton more it's not like you're suddenly going to break even.
    I don't like OT personally because I value my free time more than money that would just be wasted on frivolous things anyways. People who don't understand the tax brackets just need to be taught how they work. I am glad people are explaining it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I don't like OT personally because I value my free time more than money that would just be wasted on frivolous things anyways. People who don't understand the tax brackets just need to be taught how they work. I am glad people are explaining it.
    I value my free time as well but being a leader of a department leaves me no choice :] I just don't understand why an extra hour here or there is so hard for some when I do that literally every day lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    I'm constantly astonished how people think a person earning one dollar less than the next tax margin is better off than the person earning one dollar more than the tax margin.
    because usually that extra dollar comes with a LOT more hours AND responsabilities
    often is just not worth it with high taxes
    your health and family time counts too
    An Karanir Thanagor,
    Mor Ok Angalor..

Quote Originally Posted by Thelin View Post
    hate to break it to you but your co-workers are morons then.
    I believe the reference is for diminishing returns.

They still get paid, but at much lower rates - to the point where it becomes unreasonable.

Maybe they are morons, but they know basic economy principles.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Considering the difference in taxes for brackets in the US is usually around 2-5% you are either lying or your mother is horrible at math.
    https://www.cato.org/publications/co...xing-you-think

You should google before making stupid post.

I wonder what the tax percent is for capital gained through other than a employment contract.

This system is biased towards the middle class, most rich people just shift their wealth into other income sources where the result is that a dude working and earning 98k is taxed more(% of income) than a millionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    https://www.cato.org/publications/co...xing-you-think

You should google before making stupid post.
    I tend not to read Koch brother propaganda.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this an article just like that other despicable woman did? Where they read the highest number and claim outrage without thinking about the lower numbers or what the money actually go to?

Trust me, I doubt everyone aims for the lowest income.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2019-01-07 at 10:19 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Feghet View Post
    You just said the thing as me, the numbers are not the issue. Resistance to adopt it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    You can't just make a blanket statement like that, you have to actually propose a reason why population size is relevant to this particular argument.
    More people -> more money. More people -> same amount of leaders. Meaning that the money that exists lies more in the power of the few leaders. Therefore corruption is more likely in countries with more people, among other things. That's one reason why you can't just say that numbers have no bearing on whether or not something would work in a different country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    I thought we already went over how a progressive tax system works?

Like... 20 times.

Hey Butter, ever figure out how to explain progressive tax system yet?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...9#post38615569

I'm still going with the idea of translating progressive rates into Austrian or some other fascist dialect.