Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I want the times back, where you could rely on being kicked, if you did less DPS than the tanks..
    Was this even possible?

It sounds fun to run with only tanks.

Their dps is fine. If anything the issue is that they heal too much.

15+ Year Old Account
    5 legit players clear a dungeon playing legit tactics and this makes some people butthurt. This community is indeed full of sad losers.

Meanwhile in Legion we had a DH tank clearing a +15 on time in a solo run. Why are people choosing to complain about class design now?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Was this even possible?
    You mean doing less dps than tanks back when tanks did shitty damage? Oh hell yes it was possible. Not sure how but I've seen quite a lot of that. Not counting LK heroics I tanked in dps gear, always doing like 40-50% of total group damage

Tanks used to be just that, an armored force that survived things. Their damage was terrible. They focused on living thru a fight and holding aggro. Players complained because they also wanted to matter damage wise.
    Blizz started introducing mechanics such as Vengenance, a stacking damage buff based on how much damage (possibly mitigation also) they took. There were even fights where this mechanic let them cheese fights as they’d do damn near double damage of the entire raid itself.
    Now we’re at a point where Blizz just gives them more survivability than dps/heals and can do damage. Some even outdamage certain specs on trash pulls.
    I don’t think they are overtuned dps wise, but they are definitely strong in certain situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Meanwhile in Legion we had a DH tank clearing a +15 on time in a solo run. Why are people choosing to complain about class design now?
    Memories of goldfish is what I usually put it down to.
    Last edited by Yunaqt; 2019-01-07 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    Memories of goldfish is what I usually put it down to.
    The myth that fish have short memories has been debunked by research which showed they respond to training after months in the wild.

Quote Originally Posted by klepp0906 View Post
    Yea, let me know how holding threat goes with any less damage than that.
    They can easily make a lot of tank abilities which do a lot of threat but very little damage. Problem solved.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by klepp0906 View Post
    and it is left to the damage dealers, thats why they do double the damage single target, and can burst multitudes higher....
    Why not just let the damage dealers do all the damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    They can easily make a lot of tank abilities which do a lot of threat but very little damage. Problem solved.

- - - Updated - - -

Why not just let the damage dealers do all the damage?
    ... beacuse tanks have to play the game aswell? Kill stuff, do WQs? How thick are you really...
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by snugglewump View Post
    The myth that fish have short memories has been debunked by research which showed they respond to training after months in the wild.
    I'm sure the average poster can also be trained to remember past the current expansion as well.

To be fair, that happened late in the xpack when +15 was the baseline to get your top weekly item, and easier than a +10 now.

Still, it's true that such achievements have always happened, and why not? We're talking about five dedicated players with very high gear and good coordination running one of the easier dungeons during one of, if not the easiest combination of affixes. Of course they can go far, and I like it myself. The notion that tank damage needs to be reduced because of this is as nonsensical as claiming Vengeance needed to be nerfed after Mione beat Normal Gul'dan.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    these kind of stuff are not new? why suddenly it became an issue? just because u hate BfA?

i mean Cata hunter soloed Atramedes in BwD while the content was current

or warlock soloing MoP Immerseus while current.

or blood dks soloing kazzak in WoD while current.

there are much more but i cba listing them all, these things happen in every expansion, so dont pin it on BfA.
    Soloing a single boss =/= de facto breaking a whole form of content

Those one boss solos were mostly due to one bug or glitch or one overpowered spec or something.

Now 5 tanks (notice, 5 different tanks) clearing +15 mythic+ in time is a monumentally different issue in scale. You realize how much shit they need to change/break to make this not a reality anymore? They need to change pretty much everything in the game. From tank damage and healing to encounter design, pvp, outdoor content etc.

- - - Updated - - -

And this happened in the first tier of Legion?

Didn't think so.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

15+ Year Old Account
    Usually when things like this happen early in an Xpac, the nerf bats aren't far behind.

Gratz on getting your classes nerfed tanks.
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    ... beacuse tanks have to play the game aswell? Kill stuff, do WQs? How thick are you really...
    No need for the insults. You’re only embarrassing yourself by arguing based on emotions.

First of all, all classes have dps specs to do solo content in. No one has said you’re meant to do WQ’s etc in tank spec. You’re not entitled to anything.

But they could always make an offensive stance for solo content and a defensive stance for group content. That would fix it. The offensive stance would of course not be equal to a pure damage dealer but still have enough dps to handle solo content.

In any case, just prepare yourself for the soon to come dps nerf.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2019-01-07 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    You mean doing less dps than tanks back when tanks did shitty damage? Oh hell yes it was possible. Not sure how but I've seen quite a lot of that. Not counting LK heroics I tanked in dps gear, always doing like 40-50% of total group damage
    I've seen people somehow do less than their listed weapon DPS. The one listed on their weapon, that is. In what is essentially a patchwork fight.

How do you even do that?

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    Usually when things like this happen early in an Xpac, the nerf bats aren't far behind.

Gratz on getting your classes nerfed tanks.
    I think you will find that there is nothing to nerf here. We are quite geared, all very experienced and communicated a lot better than what is required in most pugs. There is no "cheese" or class stacking. Most of us went quite defensive, and just over-pulled trash to make up for our lack of dmg on bosses. Biggest thing carrying us is resto affinity and hop from myself, and thats not something that is big enough to warrant a nerf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kassina View Post
    If they did less, no one would play a tank.

Miss MoP Tanking
    Oh yeah, being first on the dps meter with not chance of anyone surpasing you.
    It was fun, being a tank, probly sucked as a dps.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hey, no surprise, the druid was pretty much dead weight compared to the others, despite being doubtless a very good player.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    Hey, no surprise, the druid was pretty much dead weight compared to the others, despite being doubtless a very good player.
    To be fair, he spent such a huge time rooting / hibernating, running to get other mobs and getting out of bear over and over for all the little things. We weren't trying to min-max comp or i'd probably bring a few more pallies, just 5 guildies that thought it'd be fun. this was actually our 4th key together (11kr > 12fh > 14ur > 15ur). Since this we've done a few more and he has pumped a lot more dmg when not needed to do all the aforementioned things.