Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Thontor View Post
    Because tanks need to be able to kill stuff in a reasonable time while playing solo as well.

I already hate questing as prot because it takes forever to kill stuff compared to ret. I can pull a ton of mobs and aoe them to death much faster as ret.

If tank dps was lower, nobody would play a tank because they would be practically unplayable outside of a group.
    WHAT IS DUAL SPEC WHAT IS FREE RESPEC

Christ, its like people are too slow to tihkn for them self.

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    WHAT IS DUAL SPEC WHAT IS FREE RESPEC

Christ, its like people are too slow to tihkn for them self.
    If i needed to play ret everytime i had to do anything other than dungeon / raid, i just wouldnt play a tank spec? Next you'll say healers shouldnt do dmg, so does that mean that you will just see 100% ret players in world content and then suddenly they will want to heal / tank for dungeons and raids? Completely illogical.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by davac002 View Post
    To be fair, he spent such a huge time rooting / hibernating, running to get other mobs and getting out of bear over and over for all the little things. We weren't trying to min-max comp or i'd probably bring a few more pallies, just 5 guildies that thought it'd be fun. this was actually our 4th key together (11kr > 12fh > 14ur > 15ur). Since this we've done a few more and he has pumped a lot more dmg when not needed to do all the aforementioned things.
    I'm sorry for the disrespect to your friend here; I'm really just a bitter druid main looking for any excuse to complain about the state of Guardian, even though I unsubbed a month ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    I'm sorry for the disrespect to your friend here; I'm really just a bitter druid main looking for any excuse to complain about the state of Guardian, even though I unsubbed a month ago.
    No biggie. Guardian is not as bad as everyone thinks but definitely not as good as the other 4 unfortunately. They are gods amongst men on some fights in raid!

Good grief. Five tanks from the same guild with a game plan clearing a Mythic 15+ is evidence of nothing except the power of teamwork. It being viable is neither here nor there. The game would be broken if it were routinely possible.

''Ketchup Mechanism''

Quote Originally Posted by Incandio View Post
    Good grief. Five tanks from the same guild with a game plan clearing a Mythic 15+ is evidence of nothing except the power of teamwork. It being viable is neither here nor there. The game would be broken if it were routinely possible.
    If it makes you feel better we didnt really have a gameplan, we just pulled stuff and killed anything in our way :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Incandio View Post
    It is broken, and it is possible. There's nothing exceptional in the video. Just five capable guys steaming through.
    Quote Originally Posted by davac002 View Post
    If it makes you feel better we didnt really have a gameplan, we just pulled stuff and killed anything in our way :P
    Yeah figured as such.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    The mythic plus video just goes to show that tanks do way too much damage. They've slowly been creeping up towards DPS since I started playing and it's really kind of ridiculous that in some scenarios tanks can actually beat competent DPS in damage (specifically AoE situations). What's the point of bringing DPS if tanks can do the same damage (or better) in AoE situations and still decent on ST? All tanks shouldn't be able to make DPS timers on these kinds of runs IMO. And since they ditched the healer they basically did the same overall damage as a normal group (including bosses). Pretty silly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thontor View Post
    Because tanks need to be able to kill stuff in a reasonable time while playing solo as well.

I already hate questing as prot because it takes forever to kill stuff compared to ret. I can pull a ton of mobs and aoe them to death much faster as ret.

If tank dps was lower, nobody would play a tank because they would be practically unplayable outside of a group.
    If this were true, nobody would play healers, because they don't do dick for damage. Killing things while questing as a healer is awful. But guess what, people just don't do that lol. Healers are a class designed to heal things not DPS, so of course they don't do good DPS (shocking). Tanks are supposed to hold aggro and keep the group alive indirectly by tanking most of the damage. They don't need to do 90% the DPS of damage dealers who literally only do damage as their roll. No tank is just stuck playing tank while questing. Respeccing takes literally 10 seconds.
    Last edited by Azarak; 2019-01-08 at 04:29 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    They can easily make a lot of tank abilities which do a lot of threat but very little damage. Problem solved.

- - - Updated - - -

Why not just let the damage dealers do all the damage?
    Then remove all selfheal and defensive CDs from DPSers then cause they are ment to only do dmg?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Azarak View Post
    The mythic plus video just goes to show that tanks do way too much damage. They've slowly been creeping up towards DPS since I started playing and it's really kind of ridiculous that in some scenarios tanks can actually beat competent DPS in damage (specifically AoE situations). What's the point of bringing DPS if tanks can do the same damage (or better) in AoE situations and still decent on ST? All tanks shouldn't be able to make DPS timers on these kinds of runs IMO. And since they ditched the healer they basically did the same overall damage as a normal group (including bosses). Pretty silly.

- - - Updated - - -

If this were true, nobody would play healers, because they don't do dick for damage. Killing things while questing as a healer is awful. But guess what, people just don't do that lol. Healers are a class designed to heal things not DPS, so of course they don't do good DPS (shocking). Tanks are supposed to hold aggro and keep the group alive indirectly by tanking most of the damage. They don't need to do 90% the DPS of damage dealers who literally only do damage as their roll. No tank is just stuck playing tank while questing. Respeccing takes literally 10 seconds.
    Just so you know my disc does super similar dmg on bosses to my tank, so this is super wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

If a tank is doing 90% of your dps, you suck at dps, plain and simple.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

If you get outdps'd by a tank, they are either overgearing you, the fight only lasted like 10seconds or youre just really bad. Pick your poison.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Then remove all selfheal and defensive CDs from DPSers then cause they are ment to only do dmg?
    Would a group of 5 damage dealers be able to finish a +15 without a tank?

How many times does one has to repeat that tanks 1) have too much self-healing, 2) do too much DPS.
    Blizzard reaction? None. All is well. Can't wait for the game to die.

Love all the 'tanks are too OP' qq. On legion I know a group of prot warriors who completed a COS22 narrowly missing the timers, I also joined an all tank pug which easily killed the first 2 bosses in mythic antorus (could have done 3 but I needed to leave, not sure if they continued).

It's nice to have some actual benefits to the group as a tank

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    How many times does one has to repeat that tanks 1) have too much self-healing, 2) do too much DPS.
    Blizzard reaction? None. All is well. Can't wait for the game to die.
    Mmm gotta love all that prot warrior self heals- on DK's, I agree.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    Yeah, on my Guardian druid it often makes me sick just how much damage and self-healing I have.

Even if tanks do too much damage why do you care and why does this make you upset?

If you can't outdamage a tank on a boss fight you are bad at this game plain and simple, if they do more damage than you in AoE you either: didn't get enough time to ramp up, or you're bad at this game.

Quit worrying about tanks being able to actually have fun in dungeons and worry about why you are so bad at your own class