Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Ill be waiting as well. Seems many of the hyped are calling the gameloop more like diablo3 which personally was three months at best for me. Though I am also one of those who dont see how there is a loot endgame to borderlands. Story and general gameplay is fun but hell no am I staying after a few completions.

DLC content is supposed to be provided free with many assuming for the next ten years with microtransactions supporting it with many available in game. Armchair view the game would have to be around half as successful as Overwatch to pull that off. Doubtful with the communities expectation of growing story, art, world, and "raid" like content at faster pace than competitors. I would be happy to be surprised if they can do what many other devs have failed to do after a year and would be quite the finger to Blizzard. As far as I am aware while EA's DLC model has changed they still are going to release new games to draw in box sales.

I do feel the devs are properly preparing enough content for the launch of the game. The worry is the long term. Too many of the fans sound just as those who came out of the Andromida test. I hope their hype pans out, but holy fuck are many of them coming from already strong hatred of other games that if left disappointed could be quite the disaster.

They probably thought they could get away with it because Bioware got away with it with their other games. Difference though is the multiplayer community from prior Bioware games was smaller than the single player and small IP's compared to Starwars.

Text chat is another thing the multiplayer community has complained about for about six years. A bunch of recent games got shit on very heavily for not having text chat and yet the fan base is accepting Bioware's excuse that a known upcoming law is preventing them from implementing a feature at launch. A feature of which they have refused to implement for years.

This is what I have struggled to find what is really power fantasy. The vast majority of power fantasy posts regarding D2 are about trivializing content. A number of strike bosses I am dropping in their first phase with certain modifiers. If that does not sates one trivialize content to feel power fantasy then one is just not happy. Personally having to trivialize content is boring and why I have issues with WoW outside of organized content. I have seen comments of clutch moments which I agree is lower in D2 than D1. That requires risk vs reward though which does not allow players to trivialize content.

Personally I do not feel a power fantasy unless I am overcoming a challenge. Flying around and spamming abilities and explosions is not going to get me that and if it really was the golden ticket then Michael Bay would be in charge of all entertainment.
    In regards to the Destiny 2 power fantasy... At launch it basically took the same time to kill enemies at max level with decent gear as it did when you were leveling up. Add the crazy long cooldown on ultimates and it never really felt like you were getting stronger. Add in the fact that you hit a point where they only way to progress was to wait a week for your powerful engrams to roll over and D2 had no sense of progression or power fantasy.

Re: Diablo 3 - At launch Diablo 3 was a very shallow game. The difficulty curve was stupid and the RMAH short circuited the gameplay loop. Once loot 2.0 came around and Reaper of Souls launched, D3 was actually an ok game. Had they kept up with content updates and thought outside the box a bit it could have been a great game. Unfortunately at that point the brand was tarnished and they decided against future expansions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post

As per the Polygon Article I read, it says:

https://www.polygon.com/2018/6/9/174...javelins-co-op
    This is slightly false. You need 4 players to complete a stronghold. At least at launch. There is built in matchmaking however, so you won't be posting in random reddit threads to find a party. *cough*Destiny*cough*

Everything else can be done solo or in groups of up to 4.
    Last edited by kaelleria; 2019-01-08 at 03:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    In regards to the Destiny 2 power fantasy... At launch it basically took the same time to kill enemies at max level with decent gear as it did when you were leveling up. Add the crazy long cooldown on ultimates and it never really felt like you were getting stronger. Add in the fact that you hit a point where they only way to progress was to wait a week for your powerful engrams to roll over and D2 had no sense of progression or power fantasy.

Re: Diablo 3 - At launch Diablo 3 was a very shallow game. The difficulty curve was stupid and the RMAH short circuited the gameplay loop. Once loot 2.0 came around and Reaper of Souls launched, D3 was actually an ok game. Had they kept up with content updates and thought outside the box a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

This is slightly false. You need 4 players to complete a stronghold. At least at launch. There is built in matchmaking however, so you won't be posting in random reddit threads to find a party. *cough*Destiny*cough*

Everything else can be done solo or in groups of up to 4.
    I figured that to be so. Shame the info was wrong.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

I figured that to be so. Shame the info was wrong.
    I mean you can't queue up for dungeons in WoW by yourself, so its really not that unprecedented.

10+ Year Old Account
    People shit on Fo76 because of the lack of human NPCs. They did this while ignoring the fact that there was a perfectly decent story that played out via interactions with other NPCs and holotapes.

That isn't the case in Anthem... Not really sure where you're getting the Fo76 vibe other than trying to be edgy and innacurate.
    wow ....defending the scam of the year aka F76 I guess anything is possible these days. You should try Atlas I heard its a legendary open world pirate experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    wow ....defending the scam of the year aka F76 I guess anything is possible these days. You should try Atlas I heard its a legendary open world pirate experience.
    Defending one aspect of a game does not preclude you from accepting that it launched in a buggy, broken state. I enjoyed quite a bit since I never really hit the game breaking bugs others did, but I can accept that ruined the experience for others.

I can hold multiple thoughts in my head at the same time. You should try it some time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed quite a bit since I never really hit the game breaking bugs others did,.
    So you enjoyed a broken Fallout 4 mod sold as a full new game. Good for you. Please tell us more how edgy we are for not enjoying overpriced low quality garbage like you seem to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    So you enjoyed a broken Fallout 4 mod sold as a full new game. Good for you. Please tell us more how edgy we are for not enjoying overpriced low quality garbage like you seem to do.
    K. Have fun on my ignore list. Just because everyone jumped on the hate train for FO76 (a lot of it justified) doesn't mean literally every game deserves the same hate. That's where I came from the edgy line.

You can have fun doing something that others subjectively think is awful. Get out of here with your vitriol.

Two things that suck.

1: This game is being savagely compared to Destiny, which is getting to the point of how most action rpgs are now compared to Dark Souls. Super annoying.

2: The endless criticism in this thread of the game, which isn't even out yet.

If you don't want to play the game, or think it is going to suck, then move on and go find a thread about a game that you do like.

- - - Updated - - -

As per the Polygon Article I read, it says:

https://www.polygon.com/2018/6/9/174...javelins-co-op
    Hahaha. Good luck with that. Myobi and Eleccy have clearly established the precedent of shitting on games you have no interest in playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Hahaha. Good luck with that. Myobi and Eleccy have clearly established the precedent of shitting on games you have no interest in playing.
    I mean if you want to call it that it's entirely upto you mate. Not my position to change your opinion. Not to mention I said I'd wait on this one and at least see how it goes as I have an interest in ARPGS.

If I want to be critical I'll be critical. Simple as that really. The companies behind this game are known for a drop in quality as of late. Does that mean it will be bad? Not at all.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-01-08 at 04:32 PM.

So, what is it going to be? Another looter shooter?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I mean if you want to call it that it's entirely upto you mate. Not my position to change your opinion. Not to mention I said I'd wait on this one and at least see how it goes as I have an interest in ARPGS.

If I want to be critical I'll be critical. Simple as that really. The companies behind this game are known for a drop in quality as of late. Does that mean it will be bad? Not at all.
    Hey, it's fine. You have a preferred company like everyone. It's just a shame you picked EA while pretending to profess about standards.

Plus, you called games before release. Don't fence sit now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    That is what it appears to be yes.

That is what it appears to be yes.
    And here I thought I could finally play a Bioware RPG again. Better luck next time, I guess.

And here I thought I could finally play a Bioware RPG again. Better luck next time, I guess.
    I mean there's still going to be BioWare RPG elements complete with player choice and a personalized story... It just won't be as expansive as say Mass Effect or Dragon Age are. We will learn more about the story as we get closer to launch.

Looter shooter. But this time with Iron Man RP!

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Hey, it's fine. You have a preferred company like everyone. It's just a shame you picked EA while pretending to profess about standards.

Plus, you called games before release. Don't fence sit now.
    I have. And most of the time they ended up launching a mess. I will happily admit I've called games and been wrong before however. I can't say I was ever making an attempt to fence sit though.

Also I wouldn't say EA is that to me. They are a disgrace of a company. They flat out take franchises and kill them. I don't get where you seem to think I "picked EA" considering I dislike the company. But if you want to that is fine I guess.

If I had to pick a company to support I'd go with Codemasters but that's solely because of racing games. Most of the time they don't throw overpriced DLC in either. I mean F1 2018 has 1 or 2 DLC cars that were a pre order bonus but are like £2 or something dirt cheap on the store.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Feels bad man.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Pretty much. I mean maybe it's a good looter shooter but nothing I've seen so far has that factor of awe.

1: This game is being savagely compared to Destiny, which is getting to the point of how most action rpgs are now compared to Dark Souls. Super annoying.
    Even if it's warranted, I do understand it being tiring after awhile (Star Citizen thread is the same way). But I think it's a fair comparison seeing as its a mostly-solo hub-based looter-shooter with admittedly far more limited story elements than usual Bioware games. The one silver-lining in all of this is the delay to rework the monetization after EA shot itself in the foot with Battlefront. It probably would have been a far worse experience had the BF fiasco not happened.

Interceptor sample builds and overview