Page 45 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    If raids would be actualy exclusive with top end game gear what would drop only from raids i would also put effort finding guild again and raid. Until then it is just waste of effort.
    Indeed mate.
    Same as with my mage alt for example. My mage is 374-375 ilvl eq without even clearing g'huun hc. Did 1 raid on 1st or 2nd week of Uldir, reached zul in some ultra-crap pug.... and then left. if I was still 360-363, it would made me pursuit hc clear even on my alt. to grab better gear, higher ilvl, tmog, etc, etc, etc....

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyw View Post
    Let's agree to disagree. I think hearing from 0-375 is way to fast and easy and can be done in a matter of days. I'm gonna level my DK this weekend and see how long it takes.
    it doesn't take long, that's the point exactly, to actually get to play relevant content with your friends.

Let's agree to disagree. I think hearing from 0-375 is way to fast and easy and can be done in a matter of days. I'm gonna level my DK this weekend and see how long it takes.
    with or without using mythic + ?

without, it will take you weeks if not months to get to 370.

If you're doing it solo via WQs/Emmisaries/Warfronts/Incursions then hitting 375 average ilvl in "a matter of days" is reliant on exceptionally good RNG. With that kind of luck though I'd be buying lottery tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    with or without using mythic + ?

without, it will take you weeks if not months to get to 370.
    No, it doesn't. You can pick one, raids, PvP, M+ and all of those will give you 370 in less than a week if you just play. Like Raids is actually the least certain source for that gear in a single reset, PvP you can be bad just get conquest cap over and over to get the gear.

Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    PvP you can be bad just get conquest cap over and over to get the gear.
    If you're not getting any actual rating PvP is one of the slowest methods of acquiring high level gear. From a supplementary point of view it's decent, but definitely not as a primary source.

Quote Originally Posted by Dremmy View Post
    If you're not getting any actual rating PvP is one of the slowest methods of acquiring high level gear. From a supplementary point of view it's decent, but definitely not as a primary source.
    Sure, but it has rewards that you know ahead of hand, it all comes down to how much you play.

No, it doesn't. You can pick one, raids, PvP, M+ and all of those will give you 370 in less than a week if you just play. Like Raids is actually the least certain source for that gear in a single reset, PvP you can be bad just get conquest cap over and over to get the gear.
    but all of this requires doin hardmodes which most of playerbase have no acces to because of crazy high requirments exclusion .

so they are left with what 3 warfronts per months , 3+4 chances at world bosses and besides this extremly slow inconvinient gearing via invasions (due to ever changing hours )

so you are proving that the gearing is only fast and easy for people for whom it was fast and easy before anyway. not for casual joe who has noone to carry him in game.

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    You prefer languishing in Kara for years, trying to get badges? rofl.
    Cus that was the last time that you had to fully progress through one tier to get to the subsequent.
    Years? That's a little over-exaggerated. Anyway, I raided during TBC, Gotta say I never really got tired of any of those raids after completing it once like I have this xpac and pandaria (didn't play WoD). Except maybe Hyjal, but the enemy wave 10 / 75 dungeon style was never super interesting.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

Quote Originally Posted by kynthrus View Post
    Years? That's a little over-exaggerated. Anyway, I raided during TBC, Gotta say I never really got tired of any of those raids after completing it once like I have this xpac and pandaria (didn't play WoD). Except maybe Hyjal, but the enemy wave 10 / 75 dungeon style was never super interesting.
    There are/have been people who never stepped foot in SSC/TK/BT/Hyjal/Sunwell but were decked out in badge gear. Kara was a launch raid and was still farmed for badges to the day wotlk launched.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlokh View Post
    Better cosmetic items, access to a unique mount. As you said, faster and better ilvl gains. What more do you want? People having your ilvl and don't do mythic doesn't affect you in the least. They're still peasents who won't do mythic. Your special snowflake syndrome is off the charts dude.
    That's debatable.

My guild raids Heroic and I enjoy the hell out of playing with them. That's the "fun" in raiding for me. I love when we down a boss and people get that peice of gear they have been after and they felt joy when I finally got a 2nd 1hander after weeks of various content.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Sure, but it has rewards that you know ahead of hand, it all comes down to how much you play.
    For the early points the predetermined rewards from the conquest cap are useful. Past 355 though you're really just hoping for WF/TF in the weekly chest.

For the early points the predetermined rewards from the conquest cap are useful. Past 355 though you're really just hoping for WF/TF in the weekly chest.
    If you keep capping it goes to 370 and eventually 385

Quote Originally Posted by kynthrus View Post
    Hyjal was mind numbing. I enjoyed Archimonde but the lead up to him was just excruciating.

I can't say I particularly liked going back to SSC and TTK though. Vashj was just annoying with the bugs and Kael'thas had so much fucking RP it got annoying hearing the same drawn out dialogue week on week.

We got 1 month of gear catch-up. I don't say I love it but if you want to add gear up mechanic, it's way more logical to give it a couple of week instead of releasing a patch and only give 1 week for people to gear up for the next raid, if they didn't get heroic raid gear during the previous raid.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

If you keep capping it goes to 370 and eventually 385
    I have to admit, I bothered so little with PvP that my knowledge of the conquest cap is definitely rusty so thanks for clarifying. Still in terms of unranked play it's a fairly long grind, so mostly an option for those with lots of time at their disposal.

I have to admit, I bothered so little with PvP that my knowledge of the conquest cap is definitely rusty so thanks for clarifying. Still in terms of unranked play it's a fairly long grind, so mostly an option for those with lots of time at their disposal.
    the point is that there is so much "muh deterministic progression" if people choose to actually do content.

Instead they'll sit here and whine, as usual.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    We got 1 month of gear catch-up. I don't say I love it but if you want to add gear up mechanic, it's way more logical to give it a couple of week instead of releasing a patch and only give 1 week for people to gear up for the next raid, if they didn't get heroic raid gear during the previous raid.
    This isnt catch up. You will be gettgin 400+ itemlvls when raid releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    This isnt catch up. You will be gettgin 400+ itemlvls when raid releases.
    after you get to around 390+ yeah
    which is pretty much what happened after the azerite fix 2 months after launch

Oh and it is catch up, right now. You didn't notice the 395 handout ring from the honorbound/7th legion qm? rofl

Deleted
    after you get to around 390+ yeah
    which is pretty much what happened after the azerite fix 2 months after launch

Oh and it is catch up, right now. You didn't notice the 395 handout ring from the honorbound/7th legion qm? rofl
    Are you *** or something? Warfronts will rewards 400 form day 1. Same for weekly events, world bosses and incursions.