Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Russia killed almost 200 Dutch citizens on flight MH17

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malays...ines_Flight_17

Russia killed one British citizen with nerve agent

America has killed how many Europeans in the last decade? (Not counting friendly fire incidents.)
    Would you like to count Iraqis, Syrians, Yemenese, Pakistanis, Afghanis, and all the others into that equation?

I mean, I'm a huge hater of the Russian regime, but our government's kill numbers of innocent people is quite high.

That's a bit of a stretch. I'm more worried about traveling to France than living in the US, given the random, smaller scale terrorist attacks in random cities and riots that seem to happen every weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Would you like to count Iraqis, Syrians, Yemenese, Pakistanis, Afghanis, and all the others into that equation?

I mean, I'm a huge hater of the Russian regime, but our government's kill numbers of innocent people is quite high.
    The US is still not even in the top 5 of most people killed during wartimes...

I'm not sure if most Americans realize how the perception of their country has changed since Trump became President. He has done a great job alienating key allies and making sure that the perception of the United States has degraded a great deal since he took office.

Hell, here in Canada, our nations have gone from the best of friends to a chilly very standoffish relationship.

Yes, it's silly to say that the United States is as dangerous as Russia. But there are some very definite and solid reasons why people are saying things to that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by sosleapy View Post
    The US is still not even in the top 5 of most people killed during wartimes...
    I didn't say it was, but the OP was pointing to recent events, and out slate is definitely not clean. Our government largely tries to avoid civilian casualties, and that's a testament to the noble nature of many in the armed forces. But, deaths definitely happen, and we do still try and often sweep them under the rug.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Mhm. Let's see... we get to spend money on education, social security, healthcare and infrastructure, plus, I can count how many german military members lost their lives in the past 20 years on two hands, and you get to spend billions and have your children butchered in some dusty/swampy hellhole on the other side of the globe. Weighing the benefits... yeah. I'm fine with this. Keep laughing while you die for us.

- - - Updated - - -

We don't need a military, champ. We pay others to do our dirty work. Only that we don't pay them. Why would you spend money on a military if someone else volunteers his military for free?

And then the migrants comes to the EU, many to Germany and the fun can begin, the citizens either get slaughtered, raped or killed outright, then your loverly sweet leader then have it covered up and arrest anyone that managed to record anything that went on.

AMAZING!

So who dying for what again?

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    I'm not sure if most Americans realize how the perception of their country has changed since Trump became President. He has done a great job alienating key allies and making sure that the perception of the United States has degraded a great deal since he took office.

Hell, here in Canada, our nations have gone from the best of friends to a chilly very standoffish relationship.

Yes, it's silly to say that the United States is as dangerous as Russia. But there are some very definite and solid reasons why people are saying things to that effect.
    Yep:

http://www.pewglobal.org/2018/10/01/...ues-to-suffer/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dunhildas View Post

- - - Updated - - -

And then the migrants comes to the EU, many to Germany and the fun can begin, the citizens either get slaughtered, raped or killed outright, then your loverly sweet leader then have it covered up and arrest anyone that managed to record anything that went on.

AMAZING!

Ahh, yes... I love when ethno-nationalists screech their racism.

Quote Originally Posted by dunhildas View Post

AMAZING!

You should stop reading whatever news you're reading, pal. Or Change your medication. It's not doing you any good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Germany is the really dangerous one, I am sure that they will be the cause of world war 3 in some way or another they just cant help themselves from trying to control the world. I just hope Sweden have left EU before that happen I dont want to be on the same side as the loosing team.
    you are one delusional piece of shit

Germany never seeked to control anything but their own Territory. but.. but what about WW2... yeah what about ww2 ? You reap what you sow.. right france uk poland ?

You are swedish???? You are already on the losing Side dude

Quote Originally Posted by Intersectional Gringo View Post
    I dont want to get into nation bashing, but damn that is idiotic af.
    Is it though? With a mentaly disturbed leader and enough weapons to destroy this planet many times over, people should be afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Not sure what you mean by propaganda, this is not a new thing - people have been skeptical of the US for decades.

- - - Updated - - -

^ this is however a person that buy into sensationalism.

Yeah it's pretty funny how fast some people tend to forget that US americans in germany started as an occupational force. If anything, relations have improved over the decades (if you exclude the trump administration for obvious reasons). Without bases like Ramstein, the US' capabilities of projection would massively falter. We don't have US soldiers here to protect us, they're here to protect us american interests for mutual benefit. And i guess we're pretty happy about them bringing millions of currency. We didn't ask you to be here, you wanted to have troops on the frontlines of the cold war, and you still want to be able to swiftly react to anything the russian bear might be up to.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2019-01-08 at 05:42 PM.

That is ridiculous. America is a beacon of justice for the rest of the world. Besides, Germany should be one to talk. Everything America does is for the benefit of the world, except climate, of course, at least since Trump took offense.

So yeah, don't listen to that rubbish, America is good!

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I didn't say it was, but the OP was pointing to recent events, and out slate is definitely not clean. Our government largely tries to avoid civilian casualties, and that's a testament to the noble nature of many in the armed forces. But, deaths definitely happen, and we do still try and often sweep them under the rug.
    as does many of other countries do too.

Quote Originally Posted by jasdasm View Post
    Germany never seeked to control anything but their own Territory.
    lol.

Just for context: This thread is based on a poll in which 1008 German citizens were polled. The question was: "Which country do you think might be a threat to international peace?"

The question was not: "Which country do you believe might attack Germany?" as the tabloid Bild insinuated.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Not sure what you mean by propaganda, this is not a new thing - people have been skeptical of the US for decades.
    I can understand this sentiment coming from Americans, but people living outside the US? that's.... something.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    I can understand this sentiment coming from Americans, but people living outside the US? that's.... something.
    Not really, considering the US is a superpower and their actions do affect the entire globe in one way or another. The US has a history of toppling governments, fighting proxy wars, spying on allies etc.

So people will always worry about possible ramifications and it recently happened with Trump starting his trade war.

Deleted
    You mean people see Countries that start wars, use torture and meddle in Elections as dangerous?

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Top comment right there. Go USA!
    OMG you are sooo misinformed. Germany did start both world war. But URSS is the group that saved the world from them. If it wasnt for them, people would be speaking german in europe and in USA. Gotta be soo ignorant not to know that. USA (with canada and australia) provided a very valuable help to URSS by helping to manufacture hardware and by picking sending some troops from the west (and liberate european alies from nazi). But still 90% of the war was on the east front (germany vs URSS). Keep in mind that back in this time they had nuclear submarines, much better tanks, planes, telecommunication advantage (top secure encrypted communication and could decrypt the allies communications) they were also very close from getting nuclear bombs just like URSS. USA got their nuclear technology from kidnapping german scientists after that URSS defeated them. It is not because we keep demonizing Russia that we should change history and disregard the fact that they saved the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Not really, considering the US is a superpower and their actions do affect the entire globe in one way or another. The US has a history of toppling governments, fighting proxy wars, spying on allies etc.

So people will always worry about possible ramifications and it recently happened with Trump starting his trade war.
    I was talking about the Brazilian, sorry if I didn't make that clear.

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    We could just pull our troops and come back in a week... when you're all working hard to learn russian.
    lmao fucking delusional thinking Russia could conquer Europe and only america is stopping them.