Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Why wouldnt they dna test everyone that might have had access? It seems like a perfect example of when it should be done.
    It's not fair to 99% of employees who did nothing wrong. Why should they have to hand over their DNA to the police if they did nothing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Admission View Post
    It's not fair to 99% of employees who did nothing wrong. Why should they have to hand over their DNA to the police if they did nothing wrong?
    Lol @ that victim complex. If you have an issue with it, hire a lawyer. But that won't make you look suspicious or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    Idk about that but can you really violate the rights of a vegetable.
    hey now...vegetables have rights too!
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

It's not necessarily suspicious.

5+ Year Old Account
    You forget that testing negative as the father could also protect them. You shouldn't fight to AVOID proving your innocence in a scenario as dire as this. The entire facility and all of their jobs are on the line here. If someone was killed, they might want to test for finger prints for those who had access. If something was stolen, check all employees to see where they were when it occurred. Testing is each employee's sole and true protection against accusations/suspicion.

This is a crisis situation that effects the victim, the company, every employee, and the culprit. To avoid cooperation only makes you look highly suspicious and can damn your professional career.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Someone, somewhere, will claim this was consensual and no crime took place.
    I'm sure whoever he was, he really did think he was seeing her head nodding giving him consent the whole time.

Its done already for less reasons (thats another debate) so why not do it in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    I wouldn't want to end her life, I'd imagine the family feels the same.
    But she can answer, apparently. Chances are, if she answers "Yes please, end it now", she will be immediately be flagged as "mentally unstable" or "that was not a yes, that was a blink" or whatever bullshit.

I get you can be afraid of the after-death. But spending your whole life like that ?

It might be possible that God decided now was the time to send Jesus back and this is a case of immaculate conception through divine intervention. Let the kid grow a bit older and then give him a bottle of water, see what he does with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle View Post
    Apparently, the medical staff was not even aware that she was pregnant, they realized it with shock when they saw she was ready to give birth.
    And anyway, even if they had knew, it would not have changed anything: only the woman has the right to decide if she wants to be aborted or not, no one else, so even her family would not had the right of anything.
    I wasn't trying to suggest that the comatose woman didn't have her rights infringed or that she shouldn't have any rights. I hadn't even considered the scenario of giving her an abortion, if that's even possible.

I was arguing with someone that suggested that despite the woman basically being dead, she has more rights than a fetus. They appeared to be trying to use this as a justification for banning abortion in general.

Hopefully they can backtrack people that visited the hospital 10 months ago and DNAtest every man. That man should get the needle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    But she can answer, apparently. Chances are, if she answers "Yes please, end it now", she will be immediately be flagged as "mentally unstable" or "that was not a yes, that was a blink" or whatever bullshit.

I get you can be afraid of the after-death. But spending your whole life like that ?
    I'm very hopeful that technology will someday give that person a second chance. If people did ask to die then we'd be assisting suicide.

Tried so hard to bait, you showcased your own ignorance. A person considered a "vegetable" and someone in a coma are very different. Start a new thread, this question is irrelevant here.

OT: Something all should consider is while it likely was a hospital employee, it's also possible it was a visitor, or a random predator who sneaked into the hospital and committed this heinous act. Shouldn't jump to conclusions before all the evidence is found and analyzed.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2019-01-08 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Please don't base a thread on a paywalled article...
    Didn't even know it was paywalled. Used the links from my countries news which lead me to washington post and I had no issue reading it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Hmm... So, I imagine the conversation when she wakes up like this:

"Wha...?"
    "Ok, so buckle up... Ukraine is practically Russia now, Obama is gone and Trump is President, Syria is the new Iraq, but we're out of Iraq, the UK is about to leave the EU, Greece is so bankrupt, you wouldn't believe it... George Michael is dead, so is MJ and Prince. Oh yeah, and you're a mom now..."
    "Gn..." *falls back into coma*
    "Michael Jordan is dead?"
    *straight line on the heart monitor*

Common sense would tell you this is obviously non consentual.
    Just because she didn't say no - doesn't mean she agreed to this.

So yes - this is a clear crime,. police should definitely do a DNA test of the male nurses and caretakers.

If this guy isn't caught chances are he will do it again,. and again,.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneFrostFire View Post
    "Michael Jordan is dead?"
    *straight line on the heart monitor*
    The other MJ, Michael Jordan will never die!
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I read the story yesterday and I vehemently dispute staff being unaware she was pregnant until she was giving birth. I read that and I think "mismanagement and incompetent staff". How the fuck do you not notice the vitals of someone who is clearly in a coma changing over a 9 month period, nevermind her belly getting bigger? Or do they seriously want us to believe no one checked on her until she was giving birth?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    2019 just started and this is a strong contender to most fucked up thing of the year.
    I'm pretty sure this actually happened in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Themanintobuildafire View Post
    It doesn't say the age of the victim, but this is the first time one has gotten pregnant.
    Not true. There was a similar incident that made the news about 15 years ago. Similar circumstances too. For every incident you hear about, there's always more you don't.

Most time you hear about a pregnant woman who becomes brain dead due to accident or illness and they keep her body alive long enough for the pregnancy to become viable. On that note. I read a story 2 years ago about a woman pregnant with twins who was kept on life support for almost the whole pregnancy. She was kept on life support for five and a half months if I remember right (with the husband's/father's permission and the hospital footed the bill), she was 10 weeks when she suffered a stroke and was declared legally brain dead). The twins were born healthy by C-Section at 34 weeks. It was uncharted territory to say the least and it was huge news in the medical world.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    I read the story yesterday and I vehemently dispute staff being unaware she was pregnant until she was giving birth. I read that and I think "mismanagement and incompetent staff". How the fuck do you not notice the vitals of someone who is clearly in a coma changing over a 9 month period, nevermind her belly getting bigger? Or do they seriously want us to believe no one checked on her until she was giving birth?

I'm pretty sure this actually happened in 2018.

Not true. There was a similar incident that made the news about 15 years ago. Similar circumstances too. For every incident you hear about, there's always more you don't.

Most time you hear about a pregnant woman who becomes brain dead due to accident or illness and they keep her body alive long enough for the pregnancy to become viable. On that note. I read a story 2 years ago about a woman pregnant with twins who was kept on life support for almost the whole pregnancy. She was kept on life support for five and a half months if I remember right (with the husband's/father's permission and the hospital footed the bill), she was 10 weeks when she suffered a stroke and was declared legally brain dead). The twins were born healthy by C-Section at 34 weeks. It was uncharted territory to say the least and it was huge news in the medical world.
    I was referring to the location where she had the baby, not that it doesn't happen countrywide, or worldwide. That would be a bit too much, considering we know how some dudes can't keep the snake inside their pants.

Also was thinking of the movie/book The World According to Garp, where a nurse basically rapes a male patient in order to get a baby. Shit has most likely been happening a long time for the author to take that concept and roll with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    Yeah it is clearly a case of gross medical negligence. They should be sued out of oblivion.