Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i love how you cut out the date numbers
    you act as if it has been 2 maybe 3 whole years, when really its just been 1 year, and the expansion has only been out a few months, and blizzard said since the literal expansion announcment itself "4 will be right away, 2 will come after" but never said what ones
    they even said in interviews that dark iron and another would be coming with launch, while zandalari would be coming shortly after launch.
    I wasn't being strategic; I was stating facts. They showed and announced playable Zandalari with the BFA announcement in 2017.
    They then released everything else from BFA announced at Blizzcon '17 before Blizzcon '18. Except the Zandalari. Which will be arriving in 2019.
    Such manipulation, much scheming.

What's more, "shortly" after launch and 6 months are quite different in most people's minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Yeah, notice how I don't shit on people for having Pokemon avatars.

It's called not throwing stones when you live in a glass house.
    I mean your the one who started it but...

- - - Updated - - -

No no, "shortly" totally means 6 months.

I'm really excited for the 4th of July coming shortly.
    shortly in a world where the lifespan is abit more then 2 years... yeah...

I don't think it's related to Dreadwake but it wouldn't surprise me either. They are definitely delaying them for as long as possible to keep subs up though. It's honestly disgusting that they advertised them heavily from announcement to just before launch, only to reveal that they wouldn't be in right away. It's completely indefensible.

there are other games that are either free or has a company that will let you have dignity at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by temple1906 View Post
    I don't think it's related to Dreadwake but it wouldn't surprise me either. They are definitely delaying them for as long as possible to keep subs up though. It's honestly disgusting that they advertised them heavily from announcement to just before launch, only to reveal that they wouldn't be in right away. It's completely indefensible.
    except they have always said they would not be right away, you serious?

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    I wasn't being strategic; I was stating facts. They showed and announced playable Zandalari with the BFA announcement in 2017.
    They then released everything else from BFA announced at Blizzcon '17 before Blizzcon '18. Except the Zandalari. Which will be arriving in 2019.

What's more, "shortly" after launch and 6 months are quite different in most people's minds.
    I hear ya..i assumed (shortly) meant within 2-3 months at most. I understand time gating stuff to a point, but blizzard should be honest with what and when for their expansion content.(including new races) You would think they would have a set schedule already planned up before an expac goes live, not during.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    except they have always said they would not be right away, you serious?
    Noone pays attention to the devs and instead base their information around hype and youtube influencers.
    Jackass on page one said "I was under the impression that they were being released at the start of the expansion"

That was the mag'har/di dwarves, numbnuts

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post

link to the quote where they said shortly, burden of proof etc etc

Anyone who thinks the Dreadwake mount was free has zero concept of marketing and promotional business practices. Nothing is ever for free. It's a 'dragnet' strategy targeted at a broader market. Sure, people that would be subbed anyway would take up the promotional offer, but many that may not have will do it and this is the target market. So in reality, the Dreadwake is paid and subsidised by those that would have otherwise unsubbed, not renewed or let their sub expire.

It might have cost them some time to put together the design, which was most likely already part of the BfA development and a sunk cost already incurred as development costs

Also, people pay a premium for month-by-month subscriptions to avoid being locked in for extended periods of time. Regardless of whether you play over the full 6 months is irrelevant as they already have your money

KT Humans and Zandalari Trolls fight on behalf of their respective factions already in the faction assaults so I don't understand how they aren't playable yet.

The only KT that can have a substantial impact on the sub numbers is Kel'thuzad.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Anyone who thinks the Dreadwake mount was free has zero concept of marketing and promotional business practices. Nothing is ever for free. It's a 'dragnet' strategy targeted at a broader market. Sure, people that would be subbed anyway would take up the promotional offer, but many that may not have will do it and this is the target market. So in reality, the Dreadwake is paid and subsidised by those that would have otherwise unsubbed, not renewed or let their sub expire.

It might have cost them some time to put together the design, which was most likely already part of the BfA development and a sunk cost already incurred as development costs

Also, people pay a premium for month-by-month subscriptions to avoid being locked in for extended periods of time. Regardless of whether you play over the full 6 months is irrelevant as they already have your money
    I have been a subber for most of the 14 year term. During that time, i have paid for a 6 month sub maybe 2-3 times, rest was monthly. I saw the 6 month sub and get a ship mount while i'm at it, as something nice.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Let me guess, wildly.

They haven't finished the Kul Tirans, their models I mean. And that's why they are not out yet.

We might see an introduction or the "thin human" with proper customization, and well... a female thin human.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    I have been a subber for most of the 14 year term. During that time, i have paid for a 6 month sub maybe 2-3 times, rest was monthly. I saw the 6 month sub and get a ship mount while i'm at it, as something nice.
    By purchasing a 6 month sub, the price you pay is the option to unsub within that time, whether you intend to stay subbed or not. For some, they'll get a mount out of something they would otherwise already be doing, others will have let their subscription expire within that time frame

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    why would you not buy 6 month all the time? you save so much money.
    i remember buyying 1 year, that was super lit, only like... 9$ a month if i remember.(however that was when canadian money was worth more then american, so i think it w3as like 10-11$ american?)

Anyone who likes Uldir right now is lying to themselves, same with M+
    M+ is and remains the best thing they ever added to the game, Uldir was a way better first raid than EN atleast. It had a fairly appropriate difficulty curve, and some interesting bosses sure, they didn't reinvent the wheel, but who actually expected them to. The only thing worth caring about out of all the things people complain about is the fact that the classes feel worse than they did prior to BFA, and even that is way overblown.

Already to late, they have waited to long and I lost any interest in ZT's and KT's. Blizz can keep them.

Meh everything about WoW these days seems to involve timegating or waiting.

It's getting a bit old now......

Tempted to just cancel until 8.3 or w/e when most of the content is there.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    To be fair, I think they got a lot of people to buy in during the honeymoon phase of the expansion. People were still leveling up through the zones. I don't see how anyone would lock in for 6months if they've already seen what the end game had to offer. If they did, that's on them.
    Wait what? The promotion was way after the "honeymoon" phase.

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    link to the quote where they said shortly, burden of proof etc etc
    Not my quote. Came from FelPlague.

Looking forward to them.

Pretty sure Zandalari racials are getting nerfed from their current state on the PTR, though.