Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Security I enjoy it well enough, I am ready to retire,, as to how I feel, I don't it's a job, it has to be done a certain way, no shortcuts, I do that, and I am paid for my efforts. I am happy with that trade.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Work for an IT firm that specializes in the banking industry. The work is okay, but I really enjoy my coworkers and i get home at the same time every evening. The pay is decent too. I am pretty happy here.

Manager for a support team in a Digital Marketing agency. I generally enjoy it but lately organisation on the planning/client side teams has gone to shit leading to sporadic meeting requests and requests with unreasonable turnarounds. Doesn't mean to say we take any shit from them but often involves getting spam called/messaged by them trying to plead their case.

5+ Year Old Account
    Technician for major welding supplier in Philadelphia (United States) not much I would really change about my current job. Not many people in my area fix the welding machines and related equipment in the industry and pay is pretty good. The management is a little wonky at times but I suppose that's anywhere. Jobs in the city here exist but recently the welder work force took a big hit with the Philadelphia "Aker" Shipyard practically closing down on an order drought.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    I am a Senior Quality Assurance Lead for a game studio based in Seattle. I very much enjoy what I do, but I do wish the pay was better. That said, this is the best I have been paid in my 19 years in the Games Industry.
    From your view, how did something like Fallout 76 happen? Was it just not tested, or was it tested by QA and they pointed out all the issues but nobody listened? It just mazes me how so many games come out broken and buggy as hell, I assume the publisher just rushes the dev team and doesn't care? Hopefully after 76 they will start caring.

As for the topic, I work with military UAVs. Best job I have ever had by miles. Pay is great and it is super chill. 4 days on 3 days off. Work environment is laid back. On top of that, almost everyone is on the right of the political spectrum, and since it utterly male dominated we can talk as we like without having to worry about offending someone. First job I have ever had where I don't get up, sit on the edge of the bed and heave out a long sigh before going to work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Innugammii View Post
    Where do you work?
    Where as in location? Anywhere I want, I'm remote. If you mean whom do I work for, I work for a large medical insurance company in their Software development department.
    How do you feel about it?
    Amazing. Nothing beats not having to go into some stuffy office is the greatest.

Do you like your Job?
    Very much so.
    What would you change about it?
    I have no real complaints at all.
    To better summarise it all together ... how do you feel and think about the curet system in your country ( and or world ) about jobs, work, future etc.
    As long as I can sit here in my underwear and get paid the amount I do I couldn't give less of a shit about anyone else's job.
    Last edited by vindicatorx; 2019-01-09 at 04:48 AM.

Deleted
    Thanks, everyone for now about your input. So it seems its a hmm more positive than the negative impression.

Probably wrong but got o impression that today people don't respond very good to authority ( the one that is operating as a higher entity ). Or on the other hand, if one's job is satisfying for oneself he/she does not care much about the other or the ones below them ? I could be wrong.

MY self, I somehow don't really tolerate offhand work hours that are out of my hand and could be from hours to days, for the job is quite irritating ( audio-visual installation, but I do my work in the office for now ).
    My English is not sufficient enough to describe it perfectly in a text format, but its ok for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    It's tough. I would imagine that Bethesda's QA put the game through its paces... Bad bugs can crop up in many ways.

A QA team can miss the bug - Uncommon for major issues but not out of the question
    QA is overridden by production to meet a release date - Producers have the power to waive bugs
    Errant bits of code are included by engineering when they merge branches (different parts of code) together.

QA teams tend to miss small bugs. Bugs on the scale of what Fallout 76 players have experienced are likely errant bits of code merged in unintentionally.

An engineer checks out part of the code (for either feature work or bug fixes) and checks in something that isn't meant to be there at all. QA has already run their passes and sanity checks and the product goes out. All hell breaks loose once it hits live.
    I was just wondering because I'd never seen anything quite so bad before. I can understand missing the dupe glitch, because who would think to try a lot of them. Unacceptable things were like early game broken quests (for everyone, not random) and explosive weapons being broken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Innugammii View Post
    Thanks, everyone for now about your input. So it seems its a hmm more positive than the negative impression.

Probably wrong but got o impression that today people don't respond very good to authority ( the one that is operating as a higher entity ). Or on the other hand, if one's job is satisfying for oneself he/she does not care much about the other or the ones below them ? I could be wrong.

MY self, I somehow don't really tolerate offhand work hours that are out of my hand and could be from hours to days, for the job is quite irritating ( audio-visual installation, but I do my work in the office for now ).
    My English is not sufficient enough to describe it perfectly in a text format, but its ok for now.
    I would take the responses with a grain of salt. At least i wouldn't conclude anything out of it. If i had a shitty job i probably wouldn't post about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    I was just wondering because I'd never seen anything quite so bad before. I can understand missing the dupe glitch, because who would think to try a lot of them. Unacceptable things were like early game broken quests (for everyone, not random) and explosive weapons being broken.
    Two things:

1. I had a talk with one of our QA engineers yesterday as we had to release a patch for our latest release due to some bug that couldn't wait for the next release. He told me, the first thing you learn as a QA: For every bug you find, 10 go unnoticed. And we have a really strong QA (dev to QA ratio is 1:1, and they can pull releases if the think there is too much wrong). Apart from that: Every software release will have bugs. Even highest/critical security systems. The worst client, is the client that thinks systems can be 100% safe and bug free - they're always in for a rough awakening. I've worked for swiss banks before... i could tell you stories about the transfer systems... you would put your money into your mattress.

2. I wouldn't even call F76 more bugged than other Bethesda releases. The have 2 problems with it: 1. Its fun shitting on them right now (not unjustified in my opinion) and while their whole approach is stupid, some of the drama wouldn't get that much attention if it wasn't a shit show from start to finish. The other point is that its their "first" mmo, and the standards in an MMO are different to single player. Add to that no mods, which historically fixed a lot of the bugs, and you know why its reception is so bleak. (for example: no one cares about duping in single player games)