... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaah

i can't be special snowflake from mythic raiding

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

wah wah waaaaaaaaaaaah

-op

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Are you *** or something? Warfronts will rewards 400 form day 1. Same for weekly events, world bosses and incursions.
    1 piece every 3 weeks. Hardly gamebreaking.

Kids like you who only do world bosses and warfronts will take forever to get stuff. People who did +10's will have full heroic gear instantly as usual, as intended.

You won't be getting a 400 cache though

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    after you get to around 390+ yeah
    which is pretty much what happened after the azerite fix 2 months after launch

Oh and it is catch up, right now. You didn't notice the 395 handout ring from the honorbound/7th legion qm? rofl
    there is like 10 other things more worth to buy + xp pots costs a bit too .

no point wasting precious stuff on shitty ring which you will replace when 8.2 hits.

its simply ineffective

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    there is like 10 other things more worth to buy + xp pots costs a bit too .

no point wasting precious stuff on shitty ring which you will replace when 8.2 hits.

its simply ineffective
    There's actually only 1 other haste/crit ring like that in game, the one from freehold. rings in the new raid are sorta bad.
    y'aint gonna replace that ring if you need haste as your #1 stat.

There's actually only 1 other haste/crit ring like that in game, the one from freehold. rings in the new raid are sorta bad.
    y'aint gonna replace that ring if you need haste as your #1 stat.
    Given that you get ilvl400 base from m10.. I doubt most people (doing m+) are going to be running that ring especially when you can easily get a 400+ (either ilvl or socket). Even if you particularly want haste you have the Free hold (Haste, crit), Atal+Waycrest (Vers, Haste), Kings Rest (haste, vers), Siege (Crit, haste), Motherlode (Mastery, haste) and Underrot (haste, mastery).

405 version of the Siege ring (crit primary) is only 18 less haste with 45 more crit. The 400 + socket is 4 more haste and 42 crit. Even the base 400 is -33 haste for +42 crit which is probably better if crit is your 2nd best stat.

This probably means that Freehold + Siege ring at base level 400 are still better than one plus the badge one (argument for Freehold + Badge if crit is significantly lower than haste). If crit isn't your 2nd best secondary then the other ones listed are going to be much better.

Deleted
    1 piece every 3 weeks. Hardly gamebreaking.

Kids like you who only do world bosses and warfronts will take forever to get stuff. People who did +10's will have full heroic gear instantly as usual, as intended.

You won't be getting a 400 cache though
    2-3 pieces per week garantued 400 on top titanforging. It will take about 1 month to start earning 400+ items. Yes it will take longer. Well depends when you start playing. If you start play like 2 months befor 8.2 it will be faster than now. But point is. People like me will eventuely eran same gear as you and no i dont have to spend more time playing game than you. I just have to wait. I plant to unsub for few months as game really isnt worth playing becouse few months later i will get everthing much faster. What you farm now weeks i will earn in few days.
    Last edited by mmoca9a2d58f1f; 2019-01-08 at 09:54 PM.

2-3 pieces per week garantued 400 on top titanforging. It will take about 1 month to start earning 400+ items. Yes it will take longer. Well depends when you start playing. If you start play like 2 months befor 8.2 it will be faster than now. But point is. People like me will eventuely eran same gear as you and no i dont have to spend more time playing game than you. I just have to wait. I plant to unsub for few months as game really isnt worth playing becouse few months later i will get everthing much faster. What you farm now weeks i will earn in few days.
    people doing the absolute least always catch up. it's by design

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bhorin View Post
    Given that you get ilvl400 base from m10.. I doubt most people (doing m+) are going to be running that ring especially when you can easily get a 400+ (either ilvl or socket). Even if you particularly want haste you have the Free hold (Haste, crit), Atal+Waycrest (Vers, Haste), Kings Rest (haste, vers), Siege (Crit, haste), Motherlode (Mastery, haste) and Underrot (haste, mastery).

405 version of the Siege ring (crit primary) is only 18 less haste with 45 more crit. The 400 + socket is 4 more haste and 42 crit. Even the base 400 is -33 haste for +42 crit which is probably better if crit is your 2nd best stat.

This probably means that Freehold + Siege ring at base level 400 are still better than one plus the badge one (argument for Freehold + Badge if crit is significantly lower than haste). If crit isn't your 2nd best secondary then the other ones listed are going to be much better.
    Depends on how good versa is, but 5 itemlevels on jewelry is generally insignificant. If haste is your best stat, the 395 will sim better than the 400 sob (or any other ring)

Deleted
    people doing the absolute least always catch up. it's by design

- - - Updated - - -

Depends on how good versa is, but 5 itemlevels on jewelry is generally insignificant. If haste is your best stat, the 395 will sim better than the 400 sob (or any other ring)
    Yes but is bad desing. And ehm there is not such thing as best stat. Best way to gear is to sim your character and it will tell you what to stack at that moment. All secondary stats have same value but that value decreases as you earn more of that stat. If all you do is stack haste you actualy doing it wrong.
    Last edited by mmoca9a2d58f1f; 2019-01-08 at 10:35 PM.

That would 100% depend on whether 33 haste out weights 42 crit. Meaning if your stat weight is 1.8 per haste then for the 395 version to be better your weight for crit would need to be under ~1.4.

We're already assuming based on choosing the crit+haste over the haste+mastery or haste+versa versions that crit is your second highest stat weight and most do not vary that large from 1st to 2nd (1.8 => 1.4 is over 20% difference). Looking at my various stat weights none of mine have this big of a discrepancy from 1st to 2nd stat weights, but I am sure it could be the case for some specs (though not likely).

While I do agree with you that going from haste+crit to haste+versa when versa is your 4th stat weight the 5 ilvl difference wouldn't matter much, but in the case of best 2 stats I completely disagree (with the exception case of one stat being massively better). Though saying the 395 sims better than any other ring is obviously false right off the bat, especially if crit isn't your 2nd best stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyw View Post
    Let's agree to disagree. I think hearing from 0-375 is way to fast and easy and can be done in a matter of days. I'm gonna level my DK this weekend and see how long it takes.
    Yeah, no. You'll be around 355 with 15h played on a fresh 120 doing only WQs, invasions and warfronts. Note this is not 15 contiguous hours...you'll be waiting for invasions and emissary chests to pop, and also warfronts to cycle. So 2-3 weeks if you're diligent about it. 375? At least a month or two in realtime if you're lucky.

Yes but is bad desing. And ehm there is not such thing as best stat. Best way to gear is to sim your character and it will tell you what to stack at that moment. All secondary stats have same value but that value decreases as you earn more of that stat. If all you do is stack haste you actualy doing it wrong.
    not true at all, some classes have exponential stat growth. see assa rogues, sv hunters

This isnt catch up. You will be gettgin 400+ itemlvls when raid releases.
    You really won't tho.
    First week will be limited in ilvl from many things except raid because of mythic release next week.
    After that they might get a 400 piece which doesn't really mean anything because most will already have cleared HC BoD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by seasy View Post
    You really won't tho.
    First week will be limited in ilvl from many things except raid because of mythic release next week.
    After that they might get a 400 piece which doesn't really mean anything because most will already have cleared HC BoD.
    Ehmm no. Aliance actualy getting head start with 400 ilvl item from warfron for new raid. There is no delay and no limit. At raid opening day you will be able earn 400 itemlvl from warfront, weekly event, world boss, mythic +7. This is set and fact. I really dont get what you trying to defend here. Deal with fact that we casuals can earn heroic/mythic level of gear with less effort than you. Yes it is terrible but thats how it is now i guess.
    Last edited by mmoca9a2d58f1f; 2019-01-09 at 02:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    That's debatable.

My guild raids Heroic and I enjoy the hell out of playing with them. That's the "fun" in raiding for me. I love when we down a boss and people get that peice of gear they have been after and they felt joy when I finally got a 2nd 1hander after weeks of various content.
    Yeah the cosmetic items part is totally subjective and I don't think M raiders raid for cosmetic items ONLY. My point is that M raiders have exclusive enough rewards (specially the 100% drop M mount, titles, etc). As we all know Ilvl is not an indication of skill and in the next patch you have to replace your gear (even more so in this expansion that has no set pieces). For all their flaws I think the devs got the balance of exclusive rewards+challenge right with M raiding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlokh View Post
    Yeah the cosmetic items part is totally subjective and I don't think M raiders raid for cosmetic items ONLY. My point is that M raiders have exclusive enough rewards (specially the 100% drop M mount, titles, etc). As we all know Ilvl is not an indication of skill and in the next patch you have to replace your gear (even more so in this expansion that has no set pieces). For all their flaws I think the devs got the balance of exclusive rewards+challenge right with M raiding.
    Only exclusive reward from mythic raiding is cutting edge mythic. Rest can be refarmed by anyone next patch or expansion which completly removes exclusivity those rewards. If lets say cosmetic gear would be exclusive. Blizzard would have to remove it when new patch hits live servers so nobady can refarm it when content is absolote.

instead of looking at this in a negative way. see it as, you and others are now on an even playing field (similar ilvls,) but you have the skill to clear mythic and they don't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGoldShooter View Post
    instead of looking at this in a negative way. see it as, you and others are now on an even playing field (similar ilvls,) but you have the skill to clear mythic and they don't.
    How can you know? Maybe they have skill but simply dont see any reason to waste time in mythic when rewards are so low compared to effort. Imagine all that effort and all you get is couple itemlvl higher gear like 8 itemlvls or something and 1 achievement. This is only difference between mythic raider and non dungeon/raider (casual LFR hero).
    Last edited by mmoca9a2d58f1f; 2019-01-09 at 03:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    Yeah, no. You'll be around 355 with 15h played on a fresh 120 doing only WQs, invasions and warfronts. Note this is not 15 contiguous hours...you'll be waiting for invasions and emissary chests to pop, and also warfronts to cycle. So 2-3 weeks if you're diligent about it. 375? At least a month or two in realtime if you're lucky.
    you are optimist - it took me 2 full resets to get to 345.

invasions are really overrated and blown way out of proportion as gearing up method.

take for example my 345 shammy - half of my gear is 350 , meaning that i have +/- 50% chance to get from invasion gear that is miniscule upgrade because it will be only +5 itlv (355) on that slot. and even if i get it in slot that i have 340 what will i gain +1 itlv ?

during week i have chance to do 2 maybe 3 invasions - thats what 50% chance to get 3 itlv - to get to 370 it would take me 8 weeks IF i was always getting maximum basic upgrade (not counting on tf because its extremly rare this expansion)

yes you can hope on world bosses / warfront to speed it up but : WF is only max 3 pieces a month and rng with world bosses ? come on .

people are ridiculous if they claim that average joe will start getting 400 itlv from invasions before what may or june IF scaling will be open on raid launch (and i highly doubt it will be)

im gonna repeat - this system is clearly tailored towards people who stay subbed continiusly and stuff each week like world bosses/ WF / dungeon events - as catch up it sucks.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2019-01-09 at 07:56 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    you are optimist - it took me 2 full resets to get to 345.

invasions are really overrated and blown way out of proportion as gearing up method.

take for example my 345 shammy - half of my gear is 350 , meaning that i have +/- 50% chance to get from invasion gear that is miniscule upgrade because it will be only +5 itlv (355) on that slot. and even if i get it in slot that i have 340 what will i gain +1 itlv ?

during week i have chance to do 2 maybe 3 invasions - thats what 50% chance to get 3 itlv - to get to 370 it would take me 8 weeks IF i was always getting maximum basic upgrade (not counting on tf because its extremly rare this expansion)

yes you can hope on world bosses / warfront to speed it up but : WF is only max 3 pieces a month and rng with world bosses ? come on .

people are ridiculous if they claim that average joe will start getting 400 itlv from invasions before what may or june IF scaling will be open on raid launch (and i highly doubt it will be)

im gonna repeat - this system is clearly tailored towards people who stay subbed continiusly and stuff each week like world bosses/ WF / dungeon events - as catch up it sucks.
    It doesnt matter how long it will take. We should never ever own this gear no matter what without doing heroic/ mythic raids period.

It doesnt matter how long it will take. We should never ever own this gear no matter what without doing heroic/ mythic raids period.
    oh yes - because if i do then the fragile ego of mythic crybabies will be shattered

after all without the gear difference they are starting to realise that wow is really just a game. and how much life they wasted on trying to achieve something in virtual world

its really pathetic that people care about others getting to what is barely hc raid gear when tier is already over.