10+ Year Old Account

[Spoilers] Xalatath Blade of the Black Empire

So we got new audio recording for your favourite blade "Xalatath Blade of the Black Empire" in 8.1.5

It seems that we strike bargain with her. She has different voice lines if you are Shadow priest or non shadow priest in the beginning. Seems we help her find some relics, give her physical form and in the end, what it seems like, she tricks us into opening the way for N'zoth. Also Naga are invading Azeroth once more and she tries to persuade that Naga was not an issue for us and tries to seduce us into serving N'zoth.

But I think we dont end up brainwashed and at some point oppose her. But only thing that intrigues me is when she mentions about to beware of someone who seems irritable to her. Wonder who is she talking about.

That all said and seen and if she truly works to open the way for N'zoth, then now come Sylvanas wields the weapon in 8.2 picture from blizzcon. Does it mean shes put back into blade and Sylvanas somehow subdues her or uses her in her own goals? Or even goes to extreme measures to win the war and uses Xalataths powers against Alliance, thats question number two for me.

There's some hope for intrigue and anticipation in this direction compared to Alliance vs Horde pesky fighting imo.
    Last edited by Spichora; 2019-01-09 at 11:15 AM.
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

I wouldn’t put too much hope on Sylvanas holding Xalatath. It was probably just a picture. Blizzard loves doing this just to get speculations going and then “subverting expectations” by never showing/mentioning it again.

She kinda reminds me of the evil version of mother's heart from Dishonored. N'zoth's raid rooster is slowly filling up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    I wouldn’t put too much hope on Sylvanas holding Xalatath. It was probably just a picture. Blizzard loves doing this just to get speculations going and then “subverting expectations” by never showing/mentioning it again.
    Yeah, I think they just snuck her into the picture to indicate she too was getting a character story.

Edit: Guess I was wrong!
    Last edited by Caerule; 2019-01-10 at 02:42 AM.

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck Horde and Alliance, I want a Void / Old God Faction NOW!

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

At last, the best thing about Legion ShP is back.

Shame she's probably going to end up as a raid boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieldon View Post
    At last, the best thing about Legion ShP is back.

Shame she's probably going to end up as a raid boss.
    Don't hurt me like this
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerbill Society View Post
    Fuck Horde and Alliance, I want a Void / Old God Faction NOW!
    Or best, light vs void, i will enjoy crushing the heads of the heretics!.
    Zul'Jin died for our sins.
    --
    My Loa are smiling at me infidel. can you say the same?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vonazak View Post
    Or best, light vs void, i will enjoy crushing the heads of the heretics!.
    I think most mmos miss the mark with assuming you want to be the savior. Let me reign chaos mutha FOOKERS

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn’t put much faith in a picture of sylvanas holding our knifu, remember the picture of thrall holding voljin urn?
    Thrall been absent (even with the metsen gone) you would think he would have something to say about how sylvanas is handling the horde

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    I wouldn’t put much faith in a picture of sylvanas holding our knifu, remember the picture of thrall holding voljin urn?
    Thrall been absent (even with the metsen gone) you would think he would have something to say about how sylvanas is handling the horde
    It's clear that Thrall will return. Blizzard think that they are so smart with their little plot twists, even though most people have figured out by now that Saurfang is going to ask Thrall to return to the Horde. Afrasiabi basically confirmed that too at Blizzcon.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

At the end of the player meeting N’zoth, he states that you can leave but the blade must stay with him. I’m assuming he’s referring to Xal’atath.

So if Sylvanas does somehow wield it in 8.2 then that means it’s a direct gift to Sylvanas from N’zoth himself