Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Positive things about Islam?

So in school, just some religion class thingie, and we get to learn about Islam. At one point the teacher ask if we could name any positive things about Islam - As a person who at least cares just a bit to answer stuff in class I googled it, having no positive things to say, and after 1-2 links that didnt change. A click bait bullshit huffingtonpost article, and another link after that and only thing I found was the Ramadan (Fasting, aka eating less can be good for your health).

So I come here asking...Is there no remedying qualities of Islam? Over the Christmas we ofc heard about the young lady who tried to flee Saudi Arabia, and whoes proboaly detained, jailed or dead for doing so. Her tweets went viral....Examples like these pops up ALL the time, so Im unable to belive in....Postive things about islam.

But I do belive in understanding makes connections or some...So let me hear!
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

You really shouldn't post this topic on this forum.

It's the religion of love.

I'm afraid religious debate is not allowed even in off-topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post

Ah, I didnt know. I dont really post here any more. Im a bit out of touch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post

The same can be said for Christianity. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    So in school, just some religion class thingie, and we get to learn about Islam. At one point the teacher ask if we could name any positive things about Islam - As a person who at least cares just a bit to answer stuff in class I googled it, having no positive things to say, and after 1-2 links that didnt change. A click bait bullshit huffingtonpost article, and another link after that and only thing I found was the Ramadan (Fasting, aka eating less can be good for your health).

So I come here asking...Is there no remedying qualities of Islam? Over the Christmas we ofc heard about the young lady who tried to flee Saudi Arabia, and whoes proboaly detained, jailed or dead for doing so. Her tweets went viral....Examples like these pops up ALL the time, so Im unable to belive in....Postive things about islam.

Why would someone try and convince another who has already made up his mind?

Also, this thread is going to get shut down.

It has a rich tradition and culture. Islamic states kept all the knowledge the Greeks and Romans left and Europe lost during the Medieval period. Europe relearned all of the knowledge from the Muslim nations.

For the vast majority of Muslims, Islam is a religion of peace.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    It has a rich tradition and culture. Islamic states kept all the knowledge the Greeks and Romans left and Europe lost during the Medieval period.

For the vast majority of Muslims, Islam is a religion of peace.
    But is culture not part of all religions? I figure they are very close with their culture, traditions, but I figure so are most religions? Like, even just the social aspect of belonging to a group/culture I guess is shared among all religions.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2019-01-09 at 03:47 PM.

The religion itself? Just as much good and bad as any of the abrahamic religions. The followers though, it depends on what time frame you want to look at. Go back a few hundred years and islamic locations were advancing in various sciences. Present day? It gives muslims that grew up in the west that warm and fuzzy feeling that religion gives people.

1... 2.... 3...
    locked.

homophones would say they throw homosexuals from roofs of buildings as being positive. but its stuff like this, that the thread should be wiped from MMO-C

10+ Year Old Account
    But is culture not part of all religions? I figure they are very closed with their culture, traditions, but I figure so are most religions? Like, even just the social aspect of belonging to a group/culture I guess is shared among all religions.
    Their culture is peaceful but right now you got zealots who destabilized a good chunk of the region and religion and make it seem like they the boogeyman. Christians/Muslims/Hebrew worship the same god but shit on each other so much for little to nothing.

well,
    I believe I know a lot about islam since I've been working in the middle east for the last 10 years; therefore I would like to add few comments:
    I really do respect people who research, ask, read and actually try to reach for the truth instead of believing what the media are trying to force us to believe

Regarding Ramdan, it's not only about eating less, it's about not eating at all during the day in order to understand how the poor and less fortunate ppl feel, and then sharing your meals with them during the night.

and I was really surprised when I saw those "Ramadan Guest Houses" every where during Ramadan; the rich Muslims will bring all kind of food and simply share it with every one in that guest house, as an atheist I was curious & i was expecting a "shout or a kick out" but they welcomed me and shared their meals with me (no questions asked).

Note: Saudi Arabia =\= Islam

Religions are all obsolete and has no benefit in an educated society based on humane values.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    Avoidance of mind-altering substances can be seen as a positive thing. But I'm not really familiar enough with Islam to know its benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    and christianity brought us the dark ages, as well as killing plenty of innocent people in the name of their holy crusade
    Can't fix the past. Focus on the future, doesn't seem like it's getting any better with Islam.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Religions are all obsolete and has no benefit in an educated society based on humane values.
    Spiritually has been shown top improve person's overall mental state and it's been shown to damage a person's overall mental state......a double edge sword I guess.

pretty much the same amount as any other religion (nil).

positive things about believing in the easter bunny?

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.

So, imagine that the only news that makes headlines in your country is about the Westboro Baptist Church. Add to that a bunch of articles about Christian priests raping children. Add to that a bunch of articles about Christians threatening other religious people with violence, and a number of them going steps further bombing and killing those of other religions. Yes, all of that is absolutely real just in the US alone. With that rather narrow slice of understanding of Christianity, would you be saying anything different about Christianity than what you just said above?

Of course not. The reality is that the vast majority of Muslims are as peace loving as Christians...which is to say that most are, but you will always find groups that are not.

If you are interested in the truth, you have to do a lot more than spending 10 seconds doing a google search while ignoring any result that doesn't agree with you.

Easy to get a driver's license?

Those trucks can't ride themselves you know.

Also you get a nice privilege which nobody is allowed to criticise you just like the jews.