Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    The worst part is that considering the VII GPU pricing, I have reasons to believe the CPU they showed being on par with 9900K at lower wattage will cost about as much as a 9900K, and if that's the case, well... sigh. Let's just say I won't be able to say anything positive about AMD.
    It's Vega, so what can you do. The HBM2 alone is like half of the retail price.. They simply can't make it much cheaper without running at a loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    He may have surmised a different line of ZEN 2 chiplets for Epyc/ZEN 2 but the I/O die, even though wild and hopeful, turned out to be true which makes it better for us but make no mistake though ... the I/O die is cheaper to produce that putting it in with the rest of the CPU dies.
    This is an economic move as much as technological enhancement.
    I'm not at all in any way shape or form saying the I/O was a bad move. Again I'm just hung up on Jim getting fooled by his leakers, disregarding some common sense in the process.

https://twitter.com/AdoredTV/status/1083078667742400512
    Seems like he will learn something from this experience, though. Which is good. He's as hung up on this mistake as me

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    I'm not at all in any way shape or form saying the I/O was a bad move. Again I'm just hung up on Jim getting fooled by his leakers, disregarding some common sense in the process.

Seems like he will learn something from this experience, though. Which is good. He's as hung up on this mistake as me
    My exact thoughts, how did this dude allow the leakers to corrupt his common sense, does he just lack it entirely? The real problem tho is he has a following, and he got their hopes up for no reason.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post

Speculation is, as it's name implies, always a guess.
    His own guess turned out to be true... which is good, the I/O die is a good thing.

It's going to be an interesting year!
    "A quantum supercomputer calculating for a thousand years could not even approach the number of fucks I do not give."
    - Kirito, Sword Art Online Abridged by Something Witty Entertainment

Speculation is, as it's name implies, always a guess.
    His own guess turned out to be true... which is good, the I/O die is a good thing.

It's going to be an interesting year!
    That's one thing, but what about the thousands of people who were expecting AMD to announce 12c 5ghz chips for 330 bucks based on these leaks?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not going to push any CPU war at all because Intel is vastly superior and what's used by every real company in the industry, the AMD plant here in Fort Collins Colorado only uses Intel CPUs that should tell you all you need to know AMD is inferior... The companies are right across the street from each other here in town with Hewlett-Packard just down the road

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    My exact thoughts, how did this dude allow the leakers to corrupt his common sense, does he just lack it entirely? The real problem tho is he has a following, and he got their hopes up for no reason.
    Tbh he brought the hopes down with the no I/O die leak. This just rejuvenated them considering the potential of chiplet based UArch. It being the same chiplet as threadripper, it gives AMD the opportunity to mass produce ridiculous amount of these chiplets on a new process. And if the next gen consoles also use the same chiplets, it's going to be a really good year for AMD on the CPU department.
    Last edited by mrgreenthump; 2019-01-09 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Nvm was replying to a troll

15+ Year Old Account
    That's one thing, but what about the thousands of people who were expecting AMD to announce 12c 5ghz chips for 330 bucks based on these leaks?
    People who get too hyped up in stuff that isn't originally confirmed by the maker themselves are gullible, believe only what is stated for new technology by the people that build them.
    "A quantum supercomputer calculating for a thousand years could not even approach the number of fucks I do not give."

People who get too hyped up in stuff that isn't originally confirmed by the maker themselves are gullible, believe only what is stated for new technology by the people that build them.
    Just try not to forget, that i was right. Im always right on this kind of stuff and you should take my gut a bit more seriously on topics like this, i specialize in predicting most likely scenarios

While you were busy speculating on what was possible, i was TELLING people these leaks were fake.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just try not to forget, that i was right. Im always right on this kind of stuff and you should take my gut a bit more seriously on topics like this, i specialize in predicting most likely scenarios

While you were busy speculating on what was possible, i was TELLING people these leaks were fake.
    Exactly what were you right in?
    The only thing that hasn't been stated so far for the CPU leak is the exact specs and price, nothing else.

The leaks so far are actually not fake, so I'll ask again: What were you right in?

Your prior statements were still comparing Ryzen 1000/2000 to what ZEN 2 is, still not correct.

Would you like to do a tick box on what Adored was right in vs. you?
    You don't look favourable in that.

Exactly what were you right in?
    The only thing that hasn't been stated so far for the CPU leak is the exact specs and price, nothing else.

The leaks so far are actually not fake, so I'll ask again: What were you right in?

Your prior statements were still comparing Ryzen 1000/2000 to what ZEN 2 is, still not correct.

Would you like to do a tick box on what Adored was right in vs. you?
    You don't look favourable in that.
    Are you messing with me right now? How about the entire leaked product stack that included cores/clockspeed and pricing.....HELLLOOOOO? He said these were being announced at CES. Please if your memory is failing you, browse our back and forth from the first 3 pages of this thread.

Why would AMD release information on a product such as a 12 or 16 core part when they are not ready to have it in full mass production and release window. This was just a tech demonstration with that IO chip with the CPU. What that tells us is that it would be possible to add another chiplet. The only issue is how much latency would be lost between the two chiplets communicating with each other. The demo was impressive but I am more interested in the other chip on it. Can you integrate a VEGA with HBM on it for example, or dual chiplets with low latency interconnects that handle it better then how Ryzen currently deal with it. And I would bet money Intel is interested more then that also. Because when Intel goes to 10NM in production they will take the lead again instead of being on par slightly ahead which they are right now with there 14nm++ process. But Intel cpu right now isn't based on chiplet design like Amds.
    Last edited by Wermys; 2019-01-09 at 09:07 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Are you messing with me right now? How about the entire leaked product stack that included cores/clockspeed and pricing.....HELLLOOOOO? He said these were being announced at CES. Please if your memory is failing you, browse our back and forth from the first 3 pages of this thread.
    The exact specs are fake but everything else is not.
    Surprisingly he got most of the tech almost right on the money he's got more correct than your statement of not happening.

You should read back properly about what was posted exactly rather than encompassing things entirely rather than the full content.

The exact specs are fake but everything else is not.
    Surprisingly he got most of the tech almost right on the money he's got more correct than your statement of not happening.

You should read back properly about what was posted exactly rather than encompassing things entirely rather than the full content.
    THE EXACT SPECS WERE THE MOST APPEALING PART OF THE LEAK YOU DOLT.

Im sorry but holy hell, how do you not understand this? Its not about whether AMD can or cannot put a 12c chip into the mainstream, it was the leaked product stack that people were excited about for two reasons, the clockspeeds and pricing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wermys View Post
    Why would AMD release information on a product such as a 12 or 16 core part when they are not ready to have it in full mass production and release window. This was just a tech demonstration with that IO chip with the CPU. What that tells us is that it would be possible to add another chiplet. The only issue is how much latency would be lost between the two chiplets communicating with each other. The demo was impressive but I am more interested in the other chip on it. Can you integrate a VEGA with HBM on it for example, or dual chiplets with low latency interconnects that handle it better then how Ryzen currently deal with it. And I would bet money Intel is interested more then that also. Because when Intel goes to 10NM in production they will take the lead again instead of being on par slightly ahead which they are right now with there 14nm++ process. But Intel cpu right now isn't based on chiplet design like Amds.
    Not sure if you're meant to quote me on this?
    I actually thought it made perfect sense to demonstrate the 8C, would've hoped higher of course, but if in a direct comparison the 8C is good.

Also in terms of density and technology the TSMC 7nm is actually "better" than the rated 10nm from Intel so in terms of lithography they are actually behind even if 10nm would come out when ZEN 2 would be.

And of course Intel is interested ... they have Jim Keller hired for this stuff ... that must've been an unGodly amount of money.

- - - Updated - - -

THE EXACT SPECS WERE THE MOST APPEALING PART OF THE LEAK YOU DOLT.

Im sorry but holy hell, how do you not understand this? Its not about whether AMD can or cannot put a 12c chip into the mainstream, it was the leaked product stack that people were excited about for two reasons, the clockspeeds and pricing.
    I return to my prior statement:
    Quote Originally Posted by Defiance
    Of course one can hope for things but barring the actual spec releases ... have you seen the rest of what AMD has showed you and what the leak has told you?
    Have you seen the picture with the ZEN 2 build-up or not?
    Most of it is correct, just the clarification of the final specs (and price) is not.

With what's shown I believe (note my wording) that 12 and 16 cores will be out nearing the announcement of the rest of ZEN 2.

Evildeffy, the ENTIRE REASON THIS GOT POPULAR WAS BECAUSE OF THE LEAKED PRODUCT STACK.

AMD putting a 12c chip into the mainstream is completely reasonable, they have been beating intel on cores for many many years. It was the SPECIFICS regarding clocks/cores/pricing that had everyone talking about it, i do not understand how you dont get this.

This thread is specifically about CPUs, I purposely didn't mention GFX, so no Navi.. ah well, screw that, I'm more interested in the CPU side for this one.

At least for the moment.
    Well the op shows amds G series CPUs which have integrated graphics

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't trust vendor tests, they are biased. Beating half year-old CPU is not a huge achievement. By the time AMD will release this CPU, Intel will release another, AMD is always following. But yeah, competition is good. Not gonna buy AMD, of course, Intel is way better and more secure choice, but I like AMD nevertheless.

15+ Year Old Account
    Evildeffy, the ENTIRE REASON THIS GOT POPULAR WAS BECAUSE OF THE LEAKED PRODUCT STACK.

AMD putting a 12c chip into the mainstream is completely reasonable, they have been beating intel on cores for many many years. It was the SPECIFICS regarding clocks/cores/pricing that had everyone talking about it, i do not understand how you dont get this.
    The thing you're not getting is that all of that may still be correct or close to.

The only thing that's not present is the actual specifics RIGHT NOW.
    It's entirely possible the final specs are close to it when being fully announced.

If all you take is that the leak that AdoredTV posted to right now (which he was INCORRECT in) and ignore the rest of the content (on the CPUs which he was CORRECT in) and call everything a fake then you're not seeing the entire picture.

Unless you get the details directly from the horse's mouth you should never get hyped up and assume it's be-all and end-all.

Launches from both nVidia and AMD prior should've taught you that. Vega 56/64 and nVidia's RTX "It just works" are examples.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity91 View Post
    because the 9900k has so much OC potential right?
    Right now it doesn't, but speculation with the new F chips could be a telling tale. Again, I'm speculating, but the assumption is that the silicon uses for the GPU would instead be dormant and the dormant silicon be there as a heat spreader basically. Curious to see if this does happen and at a proper price point.