Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    Why are you acting like any of this is final, though? It's obvious the regen one will never make it live the way it is. It's way too powerful. You're the one always telling people to stop acting like the sky is falling about various things yet you are going full blast about how unfair and ridiculous a racial is on the PTR, in its first iteration. Why? Just wait for one or two updates to see if they address it before crying.
    because until it is changed we cannot tell?
    in its current iteration that is how it is
    you cant just say "it will obviously change"
    that just goes against all logic.
    i can say the same about ANY racial

"that 1% nature and frost resist is waaaay too powerful, it is obviously going to be nerfed"
    and it has the same legitimacy as saying the same about any others.

just saying "wait a patch or two"
    you seem to forget blizzard made it, and if they made it they obviously already looked at it.
    and if upon making it, a 100% heal over 4 seconds on a 90 second cooldown, and did not instantly go "that is way too powerful lets nerf it"
    then what makes you think next week that will suddenly change, unless the community says something?

blizzard let it be made, without even a second glance, if they let it be made, what makes you think them alone will suddenly change it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Just my opinion but i would appreciate if they stopped designing racial abilities that emulate actual class abilities.

I think most people are just sleeping on this because they generally look towards the best Dps racials, but something like the Goblin Rocket Jump or Highmountain Tauren Charge is utterly bonkers on low mobility classes, be it PvE or PvP.

Haymaker is the same thing, might not be great if you have a lot of stuns / knockback(s) but if you don't then Haymaker basically a great ability on a rather long CD, which can absolutely decide fights.
    I mean let's be honest, dying to a class based knockback thing in EotS / AB / where ever is one thing, but dying to just a damned racial ability is another one.

Regeneratin' follows suit there, even if nerfed, it emulates a healing spell and the last thing this game needs is having more (self)healing spells / abilities on classes that have no business in healing itself.

The change to Arcane Torrent has shown where this can lead, a niche actually intended for Priest suddenly becomes a race based thing, that's just stupid.
    Abilities that are this disruptive should simply not be a racial thing.
    they have been making racials liek class abilities since vanilla, so i dont see any change coming soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    The creative tank is empty, they're copy/pasting more abilities from HotS.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2019-01-09 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i think you miss out on how embrace of kimbul works fucking amazingly for feral druids... because of their bleed synergies...
    also the fact that 11k over 6 seconds is a usual spellcast, but can stack to 3...
    also the 22k free heal.. yeah totally bad...
    and again no those arnt "super ultra powerful" as you can only have 1.
    but the regen is insane, and for pvp and pve much better then haymaker, 3 second stun and knockback on a 2.5 min cooldown.

it doing damage is actually horrible as it breaks cc.
    I’m not missing anything. I’m paying attention to people on the PTR who are testing these things and discussing their procs and how they work. So far, none of these have been much greater than a 1% buff, something that other racials also do. Depending on the race, some older racials actually provide more.
    What regen? The Zandalari one? You mean the one I’ve stated multiple times does not work in any instanced part of the game and only works in open world and can’t be used in combat? That one?
    The regen is nothing more than mage food on a CD that works faster.

because until it is changed we cannot tell?
    in its current iteration that is how it is
    you cant just say "it will obviously change"
    that just goes against all logic.
    i can say the same about ANY racial

"that 1% nature and frost resist is waaaay too powerful, it is obviously going to be nerfed"
    and it has the same legitimacy as saying the same about any others.

just saying "wait a patch or two"
    you seem to forget blizzard made it, and if they made it they obviously already looked at it.
    and if upon making it, a 100% heal over 4 seconds on a 90 second cooldown, and did not instantly go "that is way too powerful lets nerf it"
    then what makes you think next week that will suddenly change, unless the community says something?

blizzard let it be made, without even a second glance, if they let it be made, what makes you think them alone will suddenly change it?

- - - Updated - - -

they have been making racials liek class abilities since vanilla, so i dont see any change coming soon.

Turns out not being cnacelled by damage is unintedned, so that will fix the racial, still super strong but not insane like it once was.
    you can still bubble at low hp and regen to full in no time. or hide behind a pillar and do so.
    no where near as it was before, we will see if they make alterations.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    ~snip~
    And again the swoop causes you to fly like a glider, do your fucking research next time.
    DOES the swoop act like a glider or DH glide?

Judging from the text it sounds more like a mages slowfall to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by Donovan4893 View Post
    I havn't been able to test in a dungeon since I get a Disconnect loop every time I enter one but I just queued for an arena skirmish and used Regenerating just fine in it while in combat too.
    Well, guessing they just recently changed it. If so, my mistake, but posts in another thread are stating it’s open world only.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    I’m not missing anything. I’m paying attention to people on the PTR who are testing these things and discussing their procs and how they work. So far, none of these have been much greater than a 1% buff, something that other racials also do. Depending on the race, some older racials actually provide more.
    What regen? The Zandalari one? You mean the one I’ve stated multiple times does not work in any instanced part of the game and only works in open world and can’t be used in combat? That one?
    and i am literally talking to people and testign it myself, and its more then 1%
    and a 20 damage 3 second single target stun is not a 1%

and againthe zandalari one DOES work in combat, and in instances, i literally just fuckign did it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    DOES the swoop act like a glider or DH glide?

Judging from the text it sounds more like a mages slowfall to me.
    its a glider.
    http://i.4cdn.org/vg/1547052065871.webm
    You can see as the person jumps then uses it they FLY forward.
    it is a glider not a dh glide, that distance. I would record myself but the ptr is making my recording software horrid

Quote Originally Posted by Quickie View Post
    New racials are OP. Get people to pay to change races, increase profit margin.
    Or level new characters and play the game they don't really want to.

and i am literally talking to people and testign it myself, and its more then 1%

and againthe zandalari one DOES work in combat, and in instances, i literally just fuckign did it.

- - - Updated - - -

its a glider.
    As I replied to someone else, this is my mistake then as I was going by other posts on the PTR. Also, if damage breaks it then any dot on a person is going to make this useless except in situations like a Paladin that can bubble cast it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoms View Post
    Undead and Draenei are crying in a corner at the sight of Regeneratin'. They really need to nerf it somehow, preferably by lowering the heal while also interrupting it on damage taken.
    just disable it in rated pvp like Lay on Hands, and make it unable to be used in combat

should be fine.

Also hi fellow lux person

Well, guessing they just recently changed it. If so, my mistake, but posts in another thread are stating it’s open world only.
    Yea but they heard that 3 people faction changed to alliance. And that is 3 people too many for Blizz - so now horde gets this broken as shit racial.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    And even that would be over the top, 1/4 of their health bar in 4 seconds lol... add a pot to that and a HS and they get 80% back in 4 seconds. No way.
    But then if we take the account of those on the PTR into consideration, the value of Regeneratin' plummets down to just above Cannibalize. Still not a bad racial by any stretch of course but it certainly puts into the realm of a great QoL racial as opposed to anything game breaking. Though if those limitations from PTR remain in place, then I would say it should stay as is and let them heal to full.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

its a glider.
    it is a glider not a dh glide, that distance. I would record myself but the ptr is making my recording software horrid
    Ah I see it, that ever so slight nudge forward when they jump and hit it. I'll have to check it out when I get home for myself, if you've done it already does it also let you turn while floating down? (So basically EXACTLY like a glider or just similar to one?)

- - - Updated - - -

Just my opinion but i would appreciate if they stopped designing racial abilities that emulate actual class abilities.

I think most people are just sleeping on this because they generally look towards the best Dps racials, but something like the Goblin Rocket Jump or Highmountain Tauren Charge is utterly bonkers on low mobility classes, be it PvE or PvP.

Haymaker is the same thing, might not be great if you have a lot of stuns / knockback(s) but if you don't then Haymaker basically a great ability on a rather long CD, which can absolutely decide fights.
    I mean let's be honest, dying to a class based knockback thing in EotS / AB / where ever is one thing, but dying to just a damned racial ability is another one.

Regeneratin' follows suit there, even if nerfed, it emulates a healing spell and the last thing this game needs is having more (self)healing spells / abilities on classes that have no business in healing itself.

The change to Arcane Torrent has shown where this can lead, a niche actually intended for Priest suddenly becomes a race based thing, that's just stupid.
    Abilities that are this disruptive should simply not be a racial thing.
    Bolded bit, holy crap I didn't think about that. Now I'm imagining general chat in Stormwind. LFM RBGS, KTs only!! PST

- - - Updated - - -

That's what I see it as in its current state. I imagine the one approving it was thinking of fresh Zandalari Trolls leveling up from 20 to get their heritage sets. Thats the group I see reaping the most benefit

- - - Updated - - -

Turns out not being cnacelled by damage is unintedned, so that will fix the racial, still super strong but not insane like it once was.
    you can still bubble at low hp and regen to full in no time. or hide behind a pillar and do so.
    no where near as it was before, we will see if they make alterations.
    When you say hide behind a pillar I assume you're talking about pillar humping in arena. But if this heal doesn't work at all in any instanced content, wouldn't that be a moot point?

EDIT: K I see some posting that it DOES infact work in arenas and other instanced content. Stupid work....would like to just be able to jump on and test myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

2. i dont think you can count buddy... thats 290k not 29k... and again this proc does not proc off only ONE mob...
    Which leaves you with a whopping 5.8k over the entire lifetime of your character. You can get more than that in a single day.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd say it's closer to DH than the goblin glider, actually. Full aerial control, but no speed boost. Either way, while it theoretically lasts up to 2 minutes, once you land it's gone.

Considering a good chunk of those Vanilla racials had to be nerfed / changed, that perhaps should change as well.

Furthermore, you just screw over races without proper "second racial", in terms usefulnes, Trolls for example are basically being carried by Berserking, their other racials aren't worth shit.
    Whereas Races like Blood elf, Night elf and so forth have a dps racial and another useful (be it on use or passive) on top of that.

When you say hide behind a pillar I assume you're talking about pillar humping in arena. But if this heal doesn't work at all in any instanced content, wouldn't that be a moot point?

EDIT: K I see some posting that it DOES infact work in arenas and other instanced content. Stupid work....would like to just be able to jump on and test myself.
    It does break immediately upon movement, however. So if you fight a Zandalari, force them to keep moving.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Why are people talking about the KT racials? Sure, they're strong, but they're not OP like Zandalari. The Zandalari have a racial heal that heals them to full over four seconds! That's nuts!

Hey you guys. Didn't want to make a new thread for this. If I've unlocked Zandalar do I have to level up an Alliance to 120 and do those requirements for KT as well or just Zandalar? Couldn't find this answer online. Thank you!

Deleted
    100%heal aside, The Loa racial is super good too, because you can choose what's best for you. Other races don't have that luxury

Considering a good chunk of those Vanilla racials had to be nerfed / changed, that perhaps should change as well.

Furthermore, you just screw over races without proper "second racial", in terms usefulnes, Trolls for example are basically being carried by Berserking, their other racials aren't worth shit.
    Whereas Races like Blood elf, Night elf and so forth have a dps racial and another useful (be it on use or passive) on top of that.
    except they didnt.
    many of them are still not as they were back in vanilla.
    orc racial
    troll racial
    undead racial
    human racial was only slightly altered.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Which leaves you with a whopping 5.8k over the entire lifetime of your character. You can get more than that in a single day.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd say it's closer to DH than the goblin glider, actually. Full aerial control, but no speed boost. Either way, while it theoretically lasts up to 2 minutes, once you land it's gone.
    yes it does give a speed boost.
    same as glider, you get 2 mins, you land and its gone.
    also an extra 5k is better then a 1% less nature/frost damage

- - - Updated - - -

Ah I see it, that ever so slight nudge forward when they jump and hit it. I'll have to check it out when I get home for myself, if you've done it already does it also let you turn while floating down? (So basically EXACTLY like a glider or just similar to one?)

1. it lets you control just like a glider
    2. it does work in areans and instances.

- - - Updated - - -

As I replied to someone else, this is my mistake then as I was going by other posts on the PTR. Also, if damage breaks it then any dot on a person is going to make this useless except in situations like a Paladin that can bubble cast it.
    it was not breaking on damage taken, but turns out that is a bug, and it should be immune to interrupt, but interrupted by damage. most likely a direct hit not a dot.
    it seems its intended to break same way as a interact.
    not off dot damage, not off interupt, but off direct damage and loss of control.

Everyone calm down, I know half of you started playing in WoD so let me tell you how this is going to go.

-Blizzard makes races everyone wants
    -Blizzard gives them OP racials
    -Everyone pays to race change to get those OP racials
    -Blizzard nerfs racials to balance the game
    -Blizzard wins.

Welcome to WoW