Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

"The light has made a pact with the enemy of all"

This line is said by N'Zoth

https://www.wowhead.com/news=289637/...atath-spoilers

Does he mean Fel-Chaos or Death or possibly something else?

Does this mean the Lich King/Calia or Illidan/Sargeras as Lightbound Servants
    will return in an expansion soon to "cleanse" the world
    and the Void will help us keep the current status quo instead?

Also we got updated Northrend maps in the new 8.1.5 build!

https://www.wowhead.com/news=289606/patch-8-1-5-ptr-build-28938-new-maps-arathi-basin-warsong-gulch-northrend

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While thinking about this, RIFT and Guild Wars 2 handle the problem of imbalance really well:

If any one of the 6 elements gets too much power, the world falls into ruin.
    Even unbound Life itself can be a possible threat that way, not to mention the others:

https://telarapedia.gamepedia.com/Plane_of_Life

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mordremoth

Last edited by WhiteEagle888; 2019-01-11 at 02:19 PM.

I have no clue, but my first thought after reading "The light has made a pact with the enemy of all" was Anduin making a deal out of desperation with N'Zoth.

Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    I have no clue, but my first thought after reading "The light has made a pact with the enemy of all" was Anduin making a deal out of desperation with N'Zoth.
    The enemy of all is death. The void doesn't consider itself the enemy of all. This could be referencing either Liandrin working alongside Sylvannas, or the raising of Calia by the Naruu.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

I figure it's Calia. Sylvanas's ties to the Light are tangential, not to mention she's an Old God puppet given her use of Xal'atath.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they are talking about Calia. She is the first undead that was born form LIGHT and if you look at it. Undead is the enemy of all. The Void hates it because it can not corrupt it. The living sees the undead as abominations and unnatural. When we did the quest line about Vol'Jin's spirit they all seem to hate the undead or in this case, Sylvanas. So that makes undead the enemy of all.
    Last edited by Crillam; 2019-01-10 at 12:16 PM.

I get that old gods are normally cryptic but isn't N'Zoth meant to be more "liar liar pants on fire" with his prophecies?

He's the ultimate in lying and manipulating to get what he wants so I don't know how seriously we am take him
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

We've heard this term two times now. First was in the Windrunner comic where the Void whispered to Alleria that Sylvanas served the "true enemy" and now this line with N'zoth.

Since he seems to be speaking about the 6 hierarchies we saw in Chronicles. Its very unlikely he's referring to Order, Life or Light being the true enemy of all. The Void also isn't referring to itself as the enemy of all since it considers itself a twisted savior of sorts. So we can narrow down to 2 possibilities

1. The true enemy is Death

This is the most popular opinion given Sylvanas is undead, spreads undeath and people seem to believe the void is afraid of the undead. The biggest problem with this theory is that we know Bwonsamdi also serves whatever this master of Death is and he's asked Talanji to kill Sylvanas in 8.1.5. Its unlikely that Death would want one of his servants to kill another, useless Bwonsamdi sees Sylvanas as threat to his position. But moreso, Death wants people to actually stay dead and the undead are seen as being unnatural violation

2. The true enemy is Disorder

This theory requires there to be some force above Sargeras who is pulling the strings while he is imprisoned in the pantheon. The idea of some bigger bad who spreads chaos and disorder at least fits better with Sylvanas's motives.

The Light-corrupted Burnig Legion will rise!!
    Last edited by olddog; 2019-01-10 at 01:02 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    *cough* calia menethil *cough*

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I get that old gods are normally cryptic but isn't N'Zoth meant to be more "liar liar pants on fire" with his prophecies?

He's the ultimate in lying and manipulating to get what he wants so I don't know how seriously we am take him
    This. It's weird to me how so many people immediately assume whispers in-game are truth.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    "The enemy of all" is death. It can only mean Calia

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Kalcheus View Post
    This. It's weird to me how so many people immediately assume whispers in-game are truth.
    Exactly. I mean, anyone in game that's taken N'Zoths whisperings seriously has gone cuckoo or tried to annihilate the world.

Even Deathwing was just a pawn that was lied to the whole time, and we know how his fate would have ended up if he'd won.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I still don’t get why people get so deep into what the old gods say I mean since c’thun they have been spouting nonsense.

I dunno. I don't see Blightcaller being a light warrior. So we're safe for now.

Death is the enemy of all. That's what the Void whispered to Alleria, right? It's gone largely silent since Before the Storm, but Saa'ra reanimating Calia is some serious new territory as far as we know... Death is a natural part of the cycle. Lightforging is disrupting that balance and this ties in with the Yrel storyline we're seeing where the Light is getting a bit over-eager.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I still don’t get why people get so deep into what the old gods say I mean since c’thun they have been spouting nonsense.
    Allow me to explain for the simpleminded. There are different writers with different writing styles, and there are different characters with different narrative roles, as well as different concepts floating about at different times.

C'thun was the endboss of a Vanilla raid. He was written to be spooky and scary, and did that well, but he wasn't really a character nor was he intended to involve the player. Yogg-Saron had more of a plot with Titan shit, repurposed after his initial zone of Azjol-Nerub was scrapped, but from Wrath to Cata it seemed like they had a rather simple "Randumb madness" angle going on. Lovecraft written by people who didn't get Lovecraft. Yogg-Saron said maybe one or two interesting things. Y'shaarj said little of worth too, but the Mantid were interesting.

Then came a narrative shift. Void and Old Gods were connected. In Legion, Il'gynoth was no longer spouting generic lines, and there's a very big difference between "generic bullshit about death, destruction, madness, and chaos" and "prophetic riddles". With Xal'atath, she would suggest interesting ideas rather than empty babble, like a writer was using ideas and concepts they were working on.

So when N'zoth speaks of ideas this clearly, this isn't the same as some dude saying "Your friends will abandon you". He's referring to things that the writers are working on. It's genuine foreshadowing.

He was probably talking about death. The naaru raised calia as undead. Sylvanas is also said to serve the enemy of all. The enemy of all is death. Undead serve death or at least unwittingly serve to further the end goal.
    Last edited by delus; 2019-01-10 at 05:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, probably Death. I was thinking of those light-forged undead like Calia.

With Disorder knocked out of the picture, the balance between the cosmic forces has been knocked out of alignment. As a result, you will see the 5 other cosmic forces making unorthodox moves to capitalize on the shakeup. In this case, the Light has seemingly made a pact with Death which has allowed Light to created lightforged undead. There are several lines N'Zoth makes along this line of though (high table of six, one will consume all). The forces are constantly battling against each at the cosmic scale, and one will eventually win. Another line about "she is not the last, but the first" is about Calia.

Calia is an end boss! Sylvanas tried to warn us, but it was Anduin who made the ultimate mistake... And now we are doomed... DOOOMED!
    Seriously though, it’s probably just a way to make people glance at Calia a little more suspiciously. Probably nothing is going to come out of this.