Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Go back in the past expansions and see what worked really well instead of trying to reinvent the wheel, the old Dev's seem to know what they were doing to build a good growing game with staying power, IMO example some of the class design from Wrath and MOP, some of the gameplay feel of BC and Wrath.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    Go back in the past expansions and see what worked really well instead of trying to reinvent the wheel, the old Dev's seem to know what they were doing to build a good growing game with staying power, IMO example some of the class design from Wrath and MOP, some of the gameplay feel of BC and Wrath.
    Yea but that was just some striped down elements of classic rpg games that have been reduced further over time.

I mean it's not rocket science. Put the rpg back into the mmo rpg by seeing what rpgs Do what wow used to do and putting that back in. Make wow more than just a point and click through content adventure and they won't need to keep pushing ultimately shallow content every 2 months or the whole community shouts "dead game"

The next most popular mmo and very close to topping wow is old runescape after that it's ffxiv and then eso.

Wow has the highest number of subs but it's not the big dominant dog anymore that dwarfs all others, you add any one other mmo to the subs of another you get more than wow. Or to put it a different way there are more mmo fans not playing WoW than are playing wow. Which is there target audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Laozi View Post
    General combat:
    This is what I would do to improve general combat in wow with the aim of making it a deeper and more compelling experience than what I currently find to be a very shallow burn down the health sponge affair for 99% of the mobs in game.

*divers and meaningful mob abilitys:
    I belive it should matter if I'm fighting a caster or a melee mob and it should matter what there casting and what ability there using. It should also be meaningful that I'm fighting an orc or a dryad or a dragon, each should feel like a unique fight. Now ofc that would mean killing might take longer and harder so we should have a toolkit to handle things and experience / reward put to a level to offset.

*char attack abilitys that matter. This is part of the above. You abilitys should never just be does some damdge they should layer in to the combat and how you're controlling the mob, abilitys should be unique and compelling and serve a direct purpose.

*resistances were a good thing handled badly, weaknesses add on to this:
    Resistances go along way to make fights unique and make players think about how they will deal with things also as I will expand on in customization when done properly where players have the flexibility in talents and gear to work around resistances they open up a deeper experience as far as gearing and planing for you char, as long as every class has the ability to spec and gear to overcome resistance and take advantage of a weakness it creates compelling gameplay like in monster hunter world.

Choices, choices, choices!
    Things like stances were great choosing between berserker stance and defensive stance, choices between elements that boost parts of the combat gameplay in exchange for a cost to others. This all helped add depth to combat in the game that seems lost.

*wide array of talent options. The talent tree was the best way done badly. Cookie cutter happens not because talents can never be balanced against each other, cookie cutter happens from having shallow combat experiences. If every mob is just a health bar then you can't expect a compelling experience. Adding back resistances and weaknesses and more compelling dynamic combat creates the environment where like in monster hunter world you need to tailor your charicture to the challenge your setting of to face.

*stats that matter. Not just throughput increases, workers with deeper combat to make things easier.

Social interaction:

We need to get people communicating, any way we can Evean if it means removing lfd, that doesn't nesseseraly mean going back to spamming trade chat, I think some effort should be done at looking at aketernstive more social ways of doing what lfd does now.

Main hubs. The problem with each expansion putting in a new hub city, trying to recapture what IF used to be is part of what made IF such a great hub was that not only max level players were there. This exposed newer players to max level people and gave them something to strive towards and for high levels gave them a feeling of prestegie in there achievements showing of on mounts and there gear and such.
    All these things really appeal to me as a cutting edge raider. I have mentioned it before in other posts but I never thought of a city hub like IF but you are right. Players need a goal. Something to strive for and the cutting edge players needs to have a showroom to give that satisfaction of accomplishment. It was a great boost for me all years.

Now its dead. I simply do my shit and log off asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    I would remove pathfinder and allow flying purchaseable at max lvl and design zones with flying in mind
    i would remove ap
    i would remove mission tables
    i would remove wq and readd dailies
    i would make m+ reward cosmetics and other rewards apart from actual progression gear, like challenge modes
    i would remove LFR and normal and only keep hc and mythic (which is what normal and hc in the past used to be)
    i would readd talent trees
    i would readd all lost abilites pre-pruning
    i would add a max lvl so that ability bloats and talent bloats doesnt become a problem but that progression after max lvl is still possible in some way
    i would readd glyphs as not only cosmetics but as a form of customization that affects gameplay like it used to be
    i would readd more stats to add more variety and possibilites like it used to be
    i would remove titanforging and gear being rewarded from every direction
    i would readd pvp vendors and remove honor talents
    i would remove LFG but instead keep group finder so theres a platform for fiding groups, essentially keeping the ease of finding dungeons but removing the instant summons
    i would remove sharding
    i would remove cross realm grouping
    i would remove phasing used to realm hop and instead keep it to dynamically tell stories like it was meant to
    i would readd rpg elements that were removed
    i would instead merge servers that needed merging to fix low pop and faction imbalance, which would then allow me to remove warmode and readd pvp/pve servers
    i would remove scaling in lvling and combat
    i would fix the lvling process
    i would remove lvl boosts as a service
    i would remove a lot of timegating and only keeping it where it makes sense
    i would readd badges and currencies for gear and tier sets
    i would readd linear gear progression so that you get gear from dungeons and proffessions in order to raid and the raid gives you the better/best gear, gear regains meaning
    i would remove catch up mechanics and only keep it where it makes sense and doesn't render everything pointless
    I would stop playing if you were in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    This is why we, the customers, should never be in charge of developing games or pretend we can do a better job. Because all we care about is what we want and not give a though about what others want.
    Hahaha this comment. That list you commented i Exactly spot on what I have on my list. And others with me, guildes and all my friends. The game would be nice if developers listended to the customers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    I would stop playing if you were in charge.
    Give an example why

Give an example why
    I don't like raid-or-die and you seem to want it back hardcore. I agree with a lot of your points but that would be a dealbreaker for me.
    Plus no sharding / Cross realm would remove 1/3 of my guild and make my server dead again.

Deleted
    I don't like raid-or-die and you seem to want it back hardcore. I agree with a lot of your points but that would be a dealbreaker for me.
    Plus no sharding / Cross realm would remove 1/3 of my guild and make my server dead again.
    Not so hardcore. At least back to how wrath was. I think makes sense that raiding would provide the best gear. Its the hardest content, its a part of the fantasy of raiding and it gives gear meaning and it requires a grp of people so ye.
    In terms of cross realm all those problems would be solved by mergig servers wich would at the same tine remove all the negatives of cross realm feautres

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    At least is more imaginative than what Blizzard is doing.

I would give anything to be able to play a RPG. A fuking RPG.

Im not playing a RPG atm...and i am subscribed to WoW.
    Time to play some more mmorpg that is WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Thanks for your opinion
    And is that image suppose to invalidate my opinion?

What role do we play in the game? What choices do we have beyond class and faction? What choices have you made in the game? We are told what to do and we do them. Collect 10 teeth. Kill 100 boars. Fetch this. Fetch that.

Granted there are limits to the variety of choices that can be made but it has been attempted in the past in other CRPG. Baldurs Gate had choices for the player for example.

I would remove pathfinder and allow flying purchaseable at max lvl and design zones with flying in mind
    i would remove ap
    i would remove mission tables
    i would remove wq and readd dailies
    i would make m+ reward cosmetics and other rewards apart from actual progression gear, like challenge modes
    i would remove LFR and normal and only keep hc and mythic (which is what normal and hc in the past used to be)
    i would readd talent trees
    i would readd all lost abilites pre-pruning
    i would add a max lvl so that ability bloats and talent bloats doesnt become a problem but that progression after max lvl is still possible in some way
    i would readd glyphs as not only cosmetics but as a form of customization that affects gameplay like it used to be
    i would readd more stats to add more variety and possibilites like it used to be
    i would remove titanforging and gear being rewarded from every direction
    i would readd pvp vendors and remove honor talents
    i would remove LFG but instead keep group finder so theres a platform for fiding groups, essentially keeping the ease of finding dungeons but removing the instant summons
    i would remove sharding
    i would remove cross realm grouping
    i would remove phasing used to realm hop and instead keep it to dynamically tell stories like it was meant to
    i would readd rpg elements that were removed
    i would instead merge servers that needed merging to fix low pop and faction imbalance, which would then allow me to remove warmode and readd pvp/pve servers
    i would remove scaling in lvling and combat
    i would fix the lvling process
    i would remove lvl boosts as a service
    i would remove a lot of timegating and only keeping it where it makes sense
    i would readd badges and currencies for gear and tier sets
    i would readd linear gear progression so that you get gear from dungeons and proffessions in order to raid and the raid gives you the better/best gear, gear regains meaning
    i would remove catch up mechanics and only keep it where it makes sense and doesn't render everything pointless
    Nice man i can finally play a New MMOrpg if that happens keep up the good work on driveing players away then imho.

Deleted
    There's complexity then hardcore, baulders gste was complex, it wasn't hardcore.

Hardcore for wow really comes down how much time do you need to invest to be viable to partake in content. You can have complexity and depth without hardcore.

Let's say they bring back hit as a stat, grind up exactly the right gear to hit cap could be considered part of what made you need to play hardcore. But you can have the complexity balancing a stat like hit with other stats without forcing people to go after hard to get items.

Alot of what made wow hardcore in the past was really the rarity of the loot you needed to do further content. And how harsh the gear requirement was to do said content. Wow has always had the issue that's its been too focused on raw throughput numbers partly because of how basic the fights are that difficulty has only been achievable by upping numbers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    Nice man i can finally play a New MMOrpg if that happens keep up the good work on driveing players away then imho.
    Haha thats funny because the opposite of everything i said is what wow is today haha and look at where wow is...

Tell me whats wrong with whichever one u disagree with so we can discuss
    Nothing really to discuss. People have different opinion on what is good and bad for the game. I agree with some and disagree with others. All these relative to how we enjoy the game and not necessary the same for others.

A developer needs to consider what is good for the game overall even though some will disagree. We do not have the same vision of the game as a whole as they do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Nothing really to discuss. People have different opinion on what is good and bad for the game. I agree with some and disagree with others. All these relative to how we enjoy the game and not necessary the same for others.

A developer needs to consider what is good for the game overall even though some will disagree. We do not have the same vision of the game as a whole as they do.
    What im pointing is not only what i want but also what actually makes sense for wow. Today, legit everything in the game is pointless. Its also why i asked what u disagreed with so i can show u my reasoning

Quote Originally Posted by Laozi View Post
    Just saying your wrong and throwing an insult sounds like I touched a nerve and you feeling salty and need to lash out more than give any feedback.
    This is priceless, you attack the current state of the game with raging comments and then caracterize as "lashing out" when someone calls on your behaviour.
    I'm not here to educate you, just think again about what you wrote... is Warfront just bg's with npcs? are islands just scenarios without story? You pretend to be a developer but can't see what has been done there from a developer perspective with those features.

Not so hardcore. At least back to how wrath was. I think makes sense that raiding would provide the best gear. Its the hardest content, its a part of the fantasy of raiding and it gives gear meaning and it requires a grp of people so ye.
    In terms of cross realm all those problems would be solved by mergig servers wich would at the same tine remove all the negatives of cross realm feautres
    In wrath you could get very good gear via tokens and the three new dungeon at the end had drops that were on par with the earlier raid gear. So i guess you will have to go back further although magisters terrace had epic gear, too and bg pvp weapons were on par with the best raidgear in TBC so i guess you'd have to go back to classic.

I find raids just terribly boring and unfunny, i tried it several times over the years and was happier every time i quit the raid group. Just my opinion but still...
    So resticting gear to raids would leave me with nothing to do. The non-raid endgame is far from perfect right now but at least it exists.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    This is priceless, you attack the current state of the game with raging comments and then caracterize as "lashing out" when someone calls on your behaviour.
    I'm not here to educate you, just think again about what you wrote... is Warfront just bg's with npcs? are islands just scenarios without story? You pretend to be a developer but can't see what has been done there from a developer perspective with those features.
    I haven't made a raging comment, in fact unlike you I've been constructive in offering alternatives and feedback on why me and an awful lot of people atm find this game dull

I'm a computer programmer, a dev in the science industry I can smell reused code with a few changes a mile away. And BfA sticks of reused content from past expansions with just new art assets thrown in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dess View Post
    Yeah, No. Stick to your day job I'm glad you are not a dev on any game.
    Speak for yourself. What a stupid, childish comment.

Some very good ideas, OP. I'm of a similar mindset on most of the points. I really wish the devs would understand the difference between tweaking older, working systems to make them more modern/usable and outright scrapping things with no replacement. Just makes the game shallower and shallower over the years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkovius View Post
    Hahaha this comment. That list you commented i Exactly spot on what I have on my list. And others with me, guildes and all my friends. The game would be nice if developers listended to the customers.
    Well, they did listen to at least one customer. Me. Wont speculate how many others likeminded are there.