Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Humm, been reading about the p.servers, there are no big details about it yet, but apparently Hines tweeted that p.servers will have to go trough Bethesda, meaning that Bethesda will host them? Oh boy...
    I can see them essentially making those "unofficial official" servers where you can take your character to play with friends and then go back to the "main" servers etc.

Would actually be kinda neat, especially if you can play with various groups of friends on various servers in your own little "private" servers.

At this point, given their moves with the paid mods in FO4 and shit I'd be more surprised if they legit opened it up and let folks host their own servers that they could tweak and allow them to more deeply mod the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    G2A's hit an all-time low. They're literally going to charge you for inactivity.

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...inactivity.php

https://www.reddit.com/r/assholedesi...ot_logging_in/
    Only from your G2A wallet. They won't take money from your bank account.

Not sure how the wallet actually works, but I don't know why you'd ever have money in that. Don't think I've used G2A before, but when I use these dodgy websites, I use paypal.

It will be yet another shit show. People paying extra money for Bethesda to host their servers, judging how unstable and problematic Bethesda can be.... it won't end well.
    Of course it will be, because everyone is already outraged, teed up for more outrage, and ready to treat even relatively minor/normal issues (the new years bug that lasted for a day and a half) as if they're huge, major issues that are heralding the games impending doom and proof Bethesda hates their players.

And if Bethesda locks it all internally, there will be plenty of valid criticism of that choice. I just can't see that criticism largely being delivered reasonably rather than via hyperbolic outrage-bait YT video after hyperbolic outrage-bait YT video from folks who pretend that they follow/care about games but haven't seen that Bethesda has been trending this direction and it shouldn't be a surprise since FO4.

Edited: Just stumbled upon this ~
    Damn, they still haven't fixed the duping bugs in the game? I'd have thought that would be a huge priority for them, but I guess it either isn't or it's taking a lot of time. Either way, I kinda hope they ban everyone that abused the duping bug. Not someone that duped once or twice accidentally or to test it out, but shit like what you show in that image. People need to stop being stupid and abusing bugs/exploits in online games, especially when they act morally outraged and as if they're a victim when they get banned for behavior they knew was wrong and against ToS/EULA.

All that rage and over drama is only way for community to be heard with small chance that companies will draw some conclusions. If it is ignored or not enough to talk about it will only get worse. If mess of gamebreaking bugs and 20$ ingame shop crap lots are normal for you, you probably did not find the time when the games were made by talented enthusiasts for the same enthusiastic people.

use of cheat engine.
    Or for just have it installed, what is ridiculous.

All that duping situation beyond understanding how much this goes on without a radical solution, it is absolutely unacceptable. The damage done to the gaming economy and the company's reputation is enormous.
    Last edited by Spiridon; 2019-01-07 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiridon View Post
    All that rage and over drama is only way for community to be heard with small chance that companies will draw some conclusions. If it is ignored or not enough to talk about it will only get worse. If mess of gamebreaking bugs and 20$ ingame shop crap lots are normal for you, you probably did not find the time when the games were made by talented enthusiasts for the same enthusiastic people.

Or for just have it installed, what is ridiculous
    The community of people who swear they won't play this "awful" game? Those are the only people freaking out like Myobi.

I will say Bethesda has gone rather dark over the past few weeks with no updates to the game. You can say it's fine that some odd use of game mechanics allow that allow an exploit managed to slipped through the cracks, but they should honestly be hot fixed out of the game as soon as they are discovered.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I will say Bethesda has gone rather dark over the past few weeks with no updates to the game. You can say it's fine that some odd use of game mechanics allow that allow an exploit managed to slipped through the cracks, but they should honestly be hot fixed out of the game as soon as they are discovered.
    They should be. But I don't hear the internet video game defense squad making a stink on slowed update progress.

Probably been on vacation over the holidays.

Well, it's been the holidays. They're likely just getting back in the office in full force today. CM's were still responding periodically on Reddit over the break, but obviously not much to do with everyone out on holiday.

Bethesda being slow to address exploits is a separate matter not related to a very reasonable holiday break that just about every developer/publisher takes at this time of the year.

I’m not at all convinced that:

A) items are uniquely IDed in the game. That is shotgun A and Shotgun B are just shotguns, and not item 10000000 and 1000001. That is to say, there is zero means to ID a duped item. You either wipe all old gear or just live with it (by raising item levels). I think we haven’t seen a fix Bc they don’t know HOW to fix it and keep it fixed.

B: Bethesda has the tools to deal with these issues. Last night I lost my instigatig dragon gun to server lag/crash. Who do I put a ticket to? How do they investigate? I just accept I’m hosed and either keep on or quit. I think applying MMO concepts to what is more of a GTA Online type game puts people’s expectations way too high. It’s already been stated they don’t have backups if you delete your character on accident.

This is the stuff I fault Bethesda on: not having the tools to deal with the bugs and predictable problems. I see this game maybe making 2 years before it is shutdown because I’m not sure how they can successfully monetize it, and I don’t view the atom shop as successful monetizing.

I mean, a more simple band aid fix that's also realistic, and that would help address almost all of the problems dupers are creating is to just enforce a strict weight limit. Say you can only carry 100-200 points over your character's max weight. Trying to pick up anything with weight after that will just give you an error message plus you're character shouldn't even be able to move at that point.

So a player might be able to dupe 1000 TSE shotguns and 40 million bobbleheads using the current methods or anything else they manage to invent in the future, but they sure won't be able to store them.

As far as looking for the actual players to punish for exploiting, I'd say just take a fair look at anyone carrying over 1000 pounds in their inventory.

I've got a sloppy solution. Remove the explosive and two shot tags from the game for a few patch cycles, until the duping situation is dealt with, including bans for people who share duping instructions. Just turn all their super weapons into scrap.

Edit: And you might just have to cleanse the world of bobbleheads. As a person with a small collection of each kind I can find, I'd be sad but I'd accept it to rapidly deal with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    including bans for people who share duping instructions.
    How do you propose they identify and enforce that ?

I don't even own the game (and have absolutely no intention to), and I am fully capable of finding out "how" to do something, and then sharing that information to acquaintances on a private Discord server. So even if they could figure out it was me that shared it, how would they "ban me" ?

Has server stability improved since mid December? I haven't touched it since I got disconnected 4 times in an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Has server stability improved since mid December? I haven't touched it since I got disconnected 4 times in an hour.
    Disconnects still happen since the mid dec patch, but are less frequent (yet just as annoying). I say on average I get disconnected currently once every 4-8 hours of playing. Still not cool but more tolerable.

So I'm just now reading that all the people claiming their weapons were stolen through the "trade exploit" are believed to be making it all up. Seems like there's a crowd out there for spreading fake news out there.

So I'm just now reading that all the people claiming their weapons were stolen through the "trade exploit" are believed to be making it all up. Seems like there's a crowd out there for spreading fake news out there.
    There is some of those and then those that are devoted to blowing things out of proportion like the ones that were banned and turned out they were all using cheatengine even though it's common for people to be banned from online games if your found running it they acted like Bethesda is so evil for doing it. Also saw a video about how Bethesda is supposedly going to rush out ES 6 and turns out again his source for that is an analyst who has been wrong a lot and has pretty much been making yearly predictions that ES 6 was coming out that year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    There is some of those and then those that are devoted to blowing things out of proportion like the ones that were banned and turned out they were all using cheatengine even though it's common for people to be banned from online games if your found running it they acted like Bethesda is so evil for doing it. Also saw a video about how Bethesda is supposedly going to rush out ES 6 and turns out again his source for that is an analyst who has been wrong a lot and has pretty much been making yearly predictions that ES 6 was coming out that year.
    This seems legit tho:

Yep. There is no ES with this guy. I kinda fells sorry for the composer that had to do fallout 76 music.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Gotta spread that outrage so YouTube scrubs can get views.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Last week I would have said sure, Razamtih's note on once or twice in a really long session would be right, but this week (I usually play from 6-9pm give or take) I've been crashing either PS4 blue screen or locking in game almost hourly. Last night was especially painful, as someone had nuked whitespring, and it was empty when I logged in (after another crash...), so had a solo loop and a duo loop of the place before I crashed. Perhaps the nuke crashed everyone off the server or something because it was pretty uncharacteristic to see the place barren, usually will have 6+ here post-nuke.

Looks like there's a patch coming next week, and perhaps they'll address the insane vendor stocking/plans limits that exist.