Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I hope Mike honestly goes to Bonfire Studios where most of the old guard have gone.

Or at least a studio that still has passion for games. Because with Activision and the grip it has on Blizzard these days this company has absolutely no passion.

Activision can go to hell for the way they are treating Blizzard if I'm honest.
    This guy worth something like 1.8 billion, i'm pretty sure we wont hear anything from him from now on
    He's 51 y.o. that's a great time to stop working and have fun

Raid group size no longer affects the drop rates of Mythic-only mounts.
    So what does that actually mean? 1% Drop rate before was based on 20 man raid, so one out of 2000 attempts when soloing, whereas now it's based on raids regardless of size, so if you're solo, it's one out of 100 attempts now?

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    good . game is going into very good direction

its nice that they are getting rid of anyone promoting old archaic "Raid or die " model .

- - - Updated - - -

gotta sell those race changes this alone is worth hundreds of thousands if not milion of $ from race changes
    yeah lets promote the game to a model where it will 100% die so much better. i see you understand how business works

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Yep, that's not good. Pushing the old guard out
    I know conspiracy theories are fun but the most likely explanation is he agreed to stay on as an advisor for six months to help with the transition.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Yep, good ol Bonfire, founded in 2016 with such great hits and upcoming titles as.... right.

Led by blizzard employees that saw Titan through development hell because everyone wanted to be the head of the project.
    Yeah because a studio is expected to push a game out within 2 years right? Not get their infrastructure sorted and cash flow.

Blizzard didn't start making their own games until 1993. Up until then they just made ports for already existing games.

You act as if the situation Bonfire is in right now isn't normal for new companies. It is.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-01-10 at 04:10 PM.

50 years old, one of the richest men on earth and some of you guys think he was fired.

Crazy how stupid most of you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    50 years old, one of the richest men on earth and some of you guys think he was fired.

His personal money and the company money are different things, ergo his money doesn't matter here. More probably, Mike's interests and ideas for Blizzard has been conflicting with Activision ones from the beginning and one or both parts had enough.

Yeah, they can fire someone like Mike if they want/need. Stocks matters more than veterany in any financial titan, have that in mind.

Here's feedback:

release
    allied
    races
    already

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post

You're an idiot if you can't tell that he was forced out after stepping down as CEO. A 6 month advisory role? yeah right.

I can tell you that i havent felt the hit so far. However reading that Mike is leaving for good makes me want to cry. What have they done to my favourite game developer company?!
    It is sad days for blizz fans. Ive seen the company rises through listening to gamers and being a gamers/developer driven company. Now only money matters. I feed terrible. Please end this bullshit. Close the doors.

Blizz is actually interacting with the community and i bet they'll still get crapped on for it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Selacia View Post
    So what does that actually mean? 1% Drop rate before was based on 20 man raid, so one out of 2000 attempts when soloing, whereas now it's based on raids regardless of size, so if you're solo, it's one out of 100 attempts now?
    yes. Not sure if it's 1% drop rate tho, but the logic is right.

For instance the kara time run mount had a 20% drop rate per player. 5 players = 100% drop rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I hope Mike honestly goes to Bonfire Studios where most of the old guard have gone.

Or at least a studio that still has passion for games. Because with Activision and the grip it has on Blizzard these days this company has absolutely no passion.

Activision can go to hell for the way they are treating Blizzard if I'm honest.
    There is no grip, it is one entity and it just outweighed the Blizzard side from the get go of the merger and it was inevitable. I am just glad I found a private server that Blizztavision doesn't care about and I will remain there until WoW has a turn around.

Quote Originally Posted by Selacia View Post
    I thought mythic mounts (20 person raids) were 100% drop rate, but only 1 drop.

i.e. in a group of 20, there's a 1/20 chance of getting the mount (each person brings a 5% chance).

But if there was 15 people in the mythic raid, there wouldn't be a 1/15 chance, still a 1/20. Which didn't make it a 6.667% chance of the mount dropping, still 5%, but if it landed on the 16, 17, 18, 19 or 20th slots, no one got the mount as it didn't drop.

Mike Morhaime has made many a lasting impression on the fans, but I betcha he regrets selling the company to Activision. As do the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by dblanch369 View Post
    Mike Morhaime has made many a lasting impression on the fans, but I betcha he regrets selling the company to Activision. As do the rest of us.
    He has about 1.8 billion reasons not to regret anything.