Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    I understand people are saying Zandalari got delayed. They were announce alongside the 5 others first Allied Race but got replace by the Mag'har since Horde getting the Zandalari without the Alliance getting KT was stupid. But how were the KT delayed, did they announce any release date before saying they were 8.1.5.

Also, about them being on the box, I remember flying combat being on WOLTK box too...
    Ya, except that was scrapped altogether and they damn well know a lot of people were waiting for Zandalari and Kul'Tiran, it is why I am playing on a private server until 8.2 comes out, they are not getting my 15$ a month until then IF they make up for this shit they did expecting us to pay for an unfinished beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Re4leader1 View Post
    It's not really a free mount when you payed for 6 months of sub time lmao. Again like said its a marketing scheme. They know bfa is loosing subs so they needed a way to bandaid the situation. Free pixels guys!!!! All you have to do is pay for 6 months of the game!!! A good portion of those people who got it pay month to month and I bet a large chunk of those people arent even playing. But guess what they're still paying so it's all good for blizz
    How is it not free? Are people paying for 6 months game time AND extra for a mount, or are they paying for 6 months and getting the mount for no additional charge?
    Whether it was released to try and get people to pay for 6 months or not is irrelevant as it’s still free.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    How is it not free? Are people paying for 6 months game time AND extra for a mount, or are they paying for 6 months and getting the mount for no additional charge?
    Whether it was released to try and get people to pay for 6 months or not is irrelevant as it’s still free.
    It was an incentive to get the 6 months no question, anyone who cannot see that is foolish regardless of the current quality of content.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    It was an incentive to get the 6 months no question, anyone who cannot see that is foolish regardless of the current quality of content.
    Incentive doesn’t mean not free. I’m not arguing what their motives are, but anyone stating it wasn’t a free mount given to people who purchased 6 months of sub, regardless of reasoning, is wrong about that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Incentive doesn’t mean not free. I’m not arguing what their motives are, but anyone stating it wasn’t a free mount given to people who purchased 6 months of sub, regardless of reasoning, is wrong about that point.
    While I agree with you, it is still cherry picking, the overall idea was clearly to get people who would not stay subbed otherwise to get a shiny mount, they don't give a shit if you actually play the game once you buy it since it is non-refundable.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimli View Post
    Crazy thought: maybe they arent delaying (they never put a date on so they arent delaying anything) but doing them justice by introducing them at the appropriate time in the story?
    What else is there to accomplish in order to make it "the appropriate time", though?

Speaking only about the Zandalari and the Horde, we already proved our strength as a faction when we crushed them on the Isle of Thunder. Years later we rescued Princess Talanji from the Alliance (first reason for them to join a war to stop them) and brought her back safely to her father (first reason for him to owe us a favor). We quite literally pull Rastakhan spirit back into his body after an assassination attempt (second reason for him to owe us a favor). We then help him protect his city from traitors that were working from the inside (third reason), put his Loa to rest after it becomes corrupted and kill the traitor responsible for that (fourth reason), then we delve deep inside a Titan facility to not only kill the man who tried to kill him (fifth reason) but also eradicate the source of the blood plague that has been afflicting his people for centuries (sixth, and in my opinion what should have been the final reason).

We saved their people on so many occasions in such a short period of time and Talanji flat-out refers to us as allies on multiple occasions... why exactly do we need Rastakhan to die in order for them to say "oh, yeah by the way we totally stand by your side"? What else does that even bring to the story? They hate the Alliance? They already did. They kidnapped the Princess, tried to chase her down when we broke her out, and they started encroaching on Zandalar since the beginning of the expansion.

After you finish the Vol'jin side-quests, you get a cutscene where Talanji says "If it were not for this Hero of the Horde, our losses would have been far greater. This proves that it is time now more than ever to adapt and become part of the world again". They've been ready to join us for a while.

Maybe Blizzard wasn't ready to release them yet because they needed more work. Maybe they were not sure about what classes they wanted the new races to be. Maybe they truly did delay them as long as possible because they knew it would get some people to come back... But "it wasn't the appropriate time in the story" is pure BS. They have been ready, story-wise, since launch or at the very least since Uldir opened.

Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    What else is there to accomplish in order to make it "the appropriate time", though?

Speaking only about the Zandalari and the Horde, we already proved our strength as a faction when we crushed them on the Isle of Thunder. Years later we rescued Princess Talanji from the Alliance (first reason for them to join a war to stop them) and brought her back safely to her father (first reason for him to owe us a favor). We quite literally pull Rastakhan spirit back into his body after an assassination attempt (second reason for him to owe us a favor). We then help him protect his city from traitors that were working from the inside (third reason), put his Loa to rest after it becomes corrupted and kill the traitor responsible for that (fourth reason), then we delve deep inside a Titan facility to not only kill the man who tried to kill him (fifth reason) but also eradicate the source of the blood plague that has been afflicting his people for centuries (sixth, and in my opinion what should have been the final reason).

We saved their people on so many occasions in such a short period of time and Talanji flat-out refers to us as allies on multiple occasions... why exactly do we need Rastakhan to die in order for them to say "oh, yeah by the way we totally stand by your side"? What else does that even bring to the story? They hate the Alliance? They already did. They kidnapped the Princess, tried to chase her down when we broke her out, and they started encroaching on Zandalar since the beginning of the expansion.

After you finish the Vol'jin side-quests, you get a cutscene where Talanji says "If it were not for this Hero of the Horde, our losses would have been far greater. This proves that it is time now more than ever to adapt and become part of the world again". They've been ready to join us for a while.

Maybe Blizzard wasn't ready to release them yet because they needed more work. Maybe they were not sure about what classes they wanted the new races to be. Maybe they truly did delay them as long as possible because they knew it would get some people to come back... But "it wasn't the appropriate time in the story" is pure BS. They have been ready, story-wise, since launch or at the very least since Uldir opened.
    they join after rastakhan dies
    if you were listening to Talanji/the story as much as you claim to have, you'd know that there's no way rastakhan was gonna join the horde.

K?k.
    Last edited by rohoz; 2019-01-10 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Blizzard regularly times content releases with the releases of other expansions. Literally every single Final Fantasy XIV expansion has coincided with a major WoW content patch (The expansions are always announced well ahead of patches, of course). I imagine that Blizzard is watching for an 'ideal' time to launch the Kul Tiras/Zandalari patch since a lot of people are eagerly awaiting it. Fortunately I don't think we'll be waiting until Shadowbringers.

Were I to guess, I'd assume it will release the same day the second part of patch 4.5 launches for FFXIV. It's a stretch, but I could see Blizzard doing it anyways. I imagine a later major patch and/or new allies races will coincide with Shadowbringers itself. Perhaps the final major content patch of BFA?

- - - Updated - - -

That wasn't that bad of a deal to be fair. It was transparent why they did it and why they timed it as such, but the deal wasn't horrible in that case. I didn't personally invest in it, but it would have saved me money had I done so (ironically?).
    I'd expect the patch to either come very early to make place for 8.2 before Classic release like March or very late to keep some interest up until Classic comes out. They need to interweave those releases of 8.2 and Classic and I'd say 8.2. coming earlier that Classic is unrealistic.
    S.H.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Basically. I mean the impression they Left me with was that Zandalari were going to be available very early in the expansion, but they just keep moving the goalpost over and over again. They have moved it so much that the race they were pairing with them (Dark Iron) have already been released rofl.
    Tbh it does feel to me it's been moved over and over agian.

Just constantly pushing them along.

I thought they would've been 8.1, then 8.2 a new set and 8.3 another.

It sounds like now we'll only get one set of them after kul'tirans/zandalari in maybe 8.2.5, and then in 8.3.5 we'll get the pre-orders for the next xpac if there are any (after how it went in legion id be shocked if they didnt do this again).

Ya, except that was scrapped altogether and they damn well know a lot of people were waiting for Zandalari and Kul'Tiran, it is why I am playing on a private server until 8.2 comes out, they are not getting my 15$ a month until then IF they make up for this shit they did expecting us to pay for an unfinished beta.
    So the game is good enough to play it but not good enough to pay for it. Look like a pathetic excuse to pirate it. At this rate, you will always found out something to blame for playing on a private server.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    So the game is good enough to play it but not good enough to pay for it. Look like a pathetic excuse to pirate it. At this rate, you will always found out something to blame for playing on a private server.
    If they made a wrath classic server I would pay, I know they are going to end up doing classic for all the expansions over time I just have to wait. Also I purchased every version of WoW it is my right to play it if Bizzard is not creating a means to do so which they should be legally obligated to either provide us with a way to emulate it legally or provide us with a way to play it on their servers. People like you are holier than though high horse bullshitters that are ok with paying for expensive software to have it taken away with no way to use it.
    Last edited by Unholyground; 2019-01-11 at 01:22 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not really free when you payed 80 or 90$ for a half year of sub for a game you dont enjoy
    I was already going to play for that 6 months, so it was free perq.

You need stop being hostile to anyone who disagrees with you.
    I'm a crazy taco.

It's not really a free mount when you payed for 6 months of sub time lmao. Again like said its a marketing scheme. They know bfa is loosing subs so they needed a way to bandaid the situation. Free pixels guys!!!! All you have to do is pay for 6 months of the game!!! A good portion of those people who got it pay month to month and I bet a large chunk of those people arent even playing. But guess what they're still paying so it's all good for blizz
    you paid the price of 6 months of sub and you got 6 months of sub+mount

That makes the mount free

Also calling a mount "pixels" proves even further how little you know about what it takes to make a mount

- - - Updated - - -

If they made a wrath classic server I would pay, I know they are going to end up doing classic for all the expansions over time I just have to wait. Also I purchased every version of WoW it is my right to play it if Bizzard is not creating a means to do so which they should be legally obligated to either provide us with a way to emulate it legally or provide us with a way to play it on their servers. People like you are holier than though high horse bullshitters that are ok with paying for expensive software to have it taken away with no way to use it.
    you should read the ToS
    You don't own anything,you bought the permission to play on their servers,it's their product and you're just riding along

Explain to me what all these store mounts really cost blizz? A couple of hours to a dev to draw it up? And a couple more to make it work? In return they get 6 months of sub time from alot of people who are unhappy and a good portion of them probably arent even playing because they dislike bfa...
    Takes much longer to model something like that, talk about weeks not hours.

Its perceptions like these that demonstrate how one ill-informed public opinion, when left to run rampant, snowballs with other ill-informed public opinions. One dumb person makes another dumb person who believes in the same thing feel smarter because they see theres another dumb person who thinks the same thing (simple way of putting it). Kul Tirans and Zandalari were NEVER going to be available at launch. The damn questlines pertaining to when they join didnt happen overnight, these are months of planning, there is a timetable.

Let’s not kid ourselves.. all decisions boiles down to profit. When Blizzard released BFA for presales they knew that Kul’Tirans and Zandalari not would be released at launch but they chose not to tell us. Profit.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    you paid the price of 6 months of sub and you got 6 months of sub+mount

That makes the mount free

Also calling a mount "pixels" proves even further how little you know about what it takes to make a mount

- - - Updated - - -

you should read the ToS
    You don't own anything,you bought the permission to play on their servers,it's their product and you're just riding along
    The ToS are bullshit and also are not actual legal documents, I own the rights to any software I purchase regardless of what their non legal ToS says.

The ToS are bullshit and also are not actual legal documents, I own the rights to any software I purchase regardless of what their non legal ToS says.
    well too bad you read and agreed to it

You didn't specify the version so I taught you were saying 8.1 private server, if those even exist. If you are talking about old expansion server, then I'm with you on that one, cannot wait to see if they will move forward in expansion with their classic server.

Back on topics, every aspect of an expansion is spread over time. The story, the raid, the zone. Their are legit two option here. Fast content and huge cap between last patch and next expansion, or more spread content and smaller cap. They tried to reduce the time of development with BFA and we all know how this ended up.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Let’s not kid ourselves.. all decisions boiles down to profit. When Blizzard released BFA for presales they knew that Kul’Tirans and Zandalari not would be released at launch but they chose not to tell us. Profit.
    They told us well ahead of time they wouldnt be available at launch. The only races that were up in the air were dark iron and mag'har and they WERE available at launch technically since u could progress toward getting them as soon as u lvl capped.

- - - Updated - - -

Damn, for a second there I thought u were American. Where is all this entitlement coming from?

Quote Originally Posted by Satelliteyears0o View Post
    They told us well ahead of time they wouldnt be available at launch. The only races that were up in the air were dark iron and mag'har and they WERE available at launch technically since u could progress toward getting them as soon as u lvl capped.

- - - Updated - - -

Damn, for a second there I thought u were American. Where is all this entitlement coming from?
    I own the software because I payed for it, that is my entitlement.