Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Blizzard should do the same.
    Blizzard already self-publishes all their own games. You won't see any Activision logos on any of it.

Quote Originally Posted by huehuehue View Post
    does blizzard even have the leadership to leave without morhaime?
    They didn't have that with Morhaime. They are owned 100% by ATVI.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PeakedInMoP View Post
    Blizzard is Activision. Any grievance you think you have with Activision is shared because it is Activision-Blizzard is one company.
    No it isn't. Activision Blizzard is a holding company that owns both Activision and Blizzard that was formed when Activision merged with Vivendi Games.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I might actually buy forsaken now. Good for them.

Deleted
    Please let this be a fucking sign. I know the odds are so so incredibly negligable, but if this proves companies can split away from activision, then maybe, just maybe there's a CHANCE of getting the real blizzard back.

Good on Bungie. If they don't pull the greedy bullshit once they're seperated with their next installment or game, then I have high hopes for them.

So we gonna get a new category in the Bnet app? Bungie games LUL?

15+ Year Old Account
    that is beyond hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Zarithras View Post
    That's not to say this isn't a great thing. Bungie's biggest influencer will be out of the picture, so they can get back to making a great game in their own right.
    I heard that Bungie was the one to come up with some of the monetization. I also heard that Activision initially wasn't interfering with how they ran the game at all, so it's all on Bungie how the game turned out in the first place.

What I'm saying is, I'd be cautious about anything new Bungie makes until we can absolutely confirm that things have changed. Time will tell how much of Destiny 2's mediocrity was Actiblizz, and how much the devs being incompetent.

Quote Originally Posted by SimmerRift View Post
    Please let this be a fucking sign. I know the odds are so so incredibly negligable, but if this proves companies can split away from activision, then maybe, just maybe there's a CHANCE of getting the real blizzard back.
    The "real Blizzard" has been gone for a while now. It's not in the company name, which hasn't been an independent entity since 2008 when Activision pretty much acquired Blizzard from Vivendi in the merger. It's in all the old guard who had been steadily leaving the studio over the last few years. There's hardly anybody left of the crew that made those first expansions to WoW. As if to demonstrate just how deep the merger runs, Activision had a CEO of their choosing take over operations on the Blizzard side of things(with the immediate first few words out of his mouth being "We're cutting costs").
    Last edited by MeTaL GuArD; 2019-01-10 at 09:51 PM.

I played destiny 2 a bit with foresaken, bretti gud game. I prefer warframe but pretty over the grind in that game at least for now.
    I guess this means that d2 will get its own launcher as well as the bnet launcher. Which means I'll be able to delete bnet launcher off my computer soon - yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    No it isn't. Activision Blizzard is a holding company that owns both Activision and Blizzard that was formed when Activision merged with Vivendi Games.
    Activision didn't merge with Vivendi. Vivendi, already owning Blizzard at the time, BOUGHT Activision. Then Activision and Blizzard bought themselves out from under Vivendi when it moved out of gaming, becoming ActiBlizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    So we gonna get a new category in the Bnet app? Bungie games LUL?
    No. Destiny will just not be on there for future titles.

Destiny 2 is still an Activision published product.

As for people thinking Blizzard can just buy themselves out too.... you clearly have never had experience in the business/financial industry.

i dont fucking give a SHIT

battlenet was about BLIZZARD Games. i always getting cancer when i see other Games down there

With Forsaken, we’ve learned, and listened, and leaned in to what we believe our players want from a great Destiny experience.
    So I'm guessing the next Destiny game will be on mobile?

Quote Originally Posted by jasdasm View Post
    i dont fucking give a SHIT

battlenet was about BLIZZARD Games. i always getting cancer when i see other Games down there
    Really?

Talk about blowing something so small out of proportion. It's 2 icons and letters.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Really?

Talk about an overreaction.
    Gen Z'ers they overreact to everything.

Good, if they could just sell Heroes of the Storm as well so it can be revived.
    We humans have to stick together

Quote Originally Posted by SimmerRift View Post

Good on Bungie. If they don't pull the greedy bullshit once they're seperated with their next installment or game, then I have high hopes for them.
    To integrated, to many have left. Even if they split the company is now to fundamentally different.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

I'm so happy about this.... this however might make their updates a little bit slower, but their annual pass content might be as well finished so it's all right.

I'm loving Destiny 2 Forsaken, I never thought I would ditch WoW for a different game, but Destiny 2 got me, so I'm really looking forward to how this turns out to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard needs to do this. They only sold to Activision due to greed and it has cost them in quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Activision didn't merge with Vivendi. Vivendi, already owning Blizzard at the time, BOUGHT Activision. Then Activision and Blizzard bought themselves out from under Vivendi when it moved out of gaming, becoming ActiBlizz.
    you're 100% wrong and lazy, this is all VERY public information.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Activision_Blizzard

Activision merged with Vivendi to create Activision Blizzard, and vivendi remained majority shareholder even though Activision's people were calling the shots and running the new company. later, vivendi was mostly bought out