Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Imagine Blizzard being so bad at making the game that the entire pvp community switches factions every expansion depending on where the most op racials are.
    Blizz is actually really smart. Think of all the money they make from faction transfers.

I've noticed that since Blizz upped the rewards to 30% for Alliance, that there are a lot more Alliance players in WM now. We often see Alliance in equal or greater numbers than horde fighting it out. Lots of fun.

The whole point of WM is to hopefully balance out the server populations (new players may choose Alliance or current players may faction switch to Alliance).

Quote Originally Posted by nToxik View Post
    I've noticed that since Blizz upped the rewards to 30% for Alliance, that there are a lot more Alliance players in WM now. We often see Alliance in equal or greater numbers than horde fighting it out. Lots of fun.

The whole point of WM is to hopefully balance out the server populations (new players may choose Alliance or current players may faction switch to Alliance).
    Funny, i'm yet to see this week ally having numbers advantage against horde, every incursion I tried to do with WM on was a zerg fest of horde farming everything on the way, going from one ally base to another. Doing a quest is trying to kill the max mobs possible before perishing to the spam of cc and damage. There's not even enough people on ally to do a counter raid, it's really fun, but only when you're on the winning side.

About people switching to Alliance because of WM, there's no reason to do it, even if you get a "perma" 30% boost, you lose so much more changing from horde to ally.
    Last edited by adcesamo; 2019-01-10 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Well, he´s got a point. They give you a bonus, a reward if you wish to call it that way as well.
    They are also something that did not exist in WoW before, so remove the XP bonus.. right?

I can not get tired of saying this.. this is World of WarCRAFT in a factions war oriented expansion.
    No, he doesn't have a point at all.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Funny becuse this is exactly what you are doing right now.

Whining that you dont have the same bonus for warmode as the alliance.
    LOL, it's because is 10% Horde and 30% Alliance.
    Before when its was 10% Horde and 10% Alliance tell me who was crying???

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    I'm not going to wander into a zone with a high chance to get destroyed by a wandering horde raid without some incentive
    The 30% gives that

Can you tell me what "advantage" farmers get?
    More gold doesn't give an advantage
    More resources doesn't give an advantage

- - - Updated - - -

Imma test that tonight actually
    What?
    I only see is Alliance Raid's. I rarelly recall Horde Raid's.
    5 Man groups from the Horde yeah but 20 or 30 man raids only from the Alliance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    Pretty much this. I have no issues with 1v1 combat. It is never that way. I always find at least 5 or more alliance killing me.
    I usually do WQ alone or with a friend sometimes, I have 0 problem with PVP. I can hold my group vs 2 top 3 persons but ill die and won't complaint.
    But when you only see now is at least 5 always with healer behind it's just annoying.
    It's not PVP is the whole playerbase taking advantage of the 30%.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Because 80% of the time they are getting nothing and being killed?
    You are dense?
    It is to make up for the time that they get nothing because the horde presence is that much more.
    Maybe 30% is too high, who knows - time will tell if 20-25% is more inline to even out the wasted time trying to do WQs when it is 10 to 1.
    No excuse.. simply better horde racials so more horde. Maybe you should cry some about them making the racials the same for both factions in time - then this WM pvp should even out.
    80% of the time nothing? Why because Alliance did not want to PVP and did not want to turn it on. If the Alliance players turn it on like the Horde you would not have the same issue.
    But well Alliance is the faction of the little kids

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by adcesamo View Post
    Funny, i'm yet to see this week ally having numbers advantage against horde, every incursion I tried to do with WM on was a zerg fest of horde farming everything on the way, going from one ally base to another. Doing a quest is trying to kill the max mobs possible before perishing to the spam of cc and damage. There's not even enough people on ally to do a counter raid, it's really fun, but only when you're on the winning side.

About people switching to Alliance because of WM, there's no reason to do it, even if you get a "perma" 30% boost, you lose so much more changing from horde to ally.
    Dont say that, in their minds they are always the poor faction so they can get more of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistwalker Nirmala View Post
    I find these Threads funny.
    Where the complains from Horde-side about have free 10% for almost 4 Month without risk, just because you heavily outnumbered Alliance before the Buff to 30%?
    This.

That's all you are going to get if you're a Horde player is the why the fuck are you complaining now instead of months ago?
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Given the workings of the buff, it obviously isn't lucrative enough for enough Alliance to turn on WM to even the numbers enough to turn it off.

So no, it isn't "too lucrative" because that would naturally lead to it not being active anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    This.

That's all you are going to get if you're a Horde player is the why the fuck are you complaining now instead of months ago?
    We dont compliant about the Alliance players numbers.
    We complaint you got 30% bonus on everything and us 10% for the same thing! Period. Why you should get more for the same thing???

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Given the workings of the buff, it obviously isn't lucrative enough for enough Alliance to turn on WM to even the numbers enough to turn it off.

So no, it isn't "too lucrative" because that would naturally lead to it not being active anymore.
    Can you prove that?
    Now Alliance outnumber us but im fine with that. I just don't think for the same content you guys get more 20% then me doing the same things in the World.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuggsy View Post
    Okay, delete any and all heirlooms you have and level with the flat rate for the rest of your time playing wow.

If you're a legit pvper you should want to be put up against other legit pvpers. Sorry but that stupidly high exp incentive is attracting non pvpers to warmode and it makes the game less enjoyable for them and the people that are above lowbie farming.
    You don't see it from the alliance PoV, assuming you play horde (your avatar). There are "gank squads" of horde that go EVERYWHERE no matter the zone old or new content just to camp lowbies, people farming, people leveling. You say 30% is too much, but you're not taking that into account it's a high risk/reward situation. You don't wanna risk being camped for hours? Don't turn it on, because it does happen people do indeed do that (kill quest npcs, kill npcs in general, camp areas where you are questing.)

I personally turn mine on because I enjoy PvP, I like the thought of fighting vs another persons main or alts no matter the level, it's why I play WoW. In WM, horde and alliance don't share tags either so you have to wait for quest mobs etc and usually that leads to fighting especially when one faction outnumbers the other so you have to wait 2-3 mins to kill the mob only and even then there's a chance more come up and kill you before you can kill the mob, taking your tag.

Play Alliance, level a toon you will see why the 30% is there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    80% of the time nothing? Why because Alliance did not want to PVP and did not want to turn it on. If the Alliance players turn it on like the Horde you would not have the same issue.
    But well Alliance is the faction of the little kids
    Dont say that, in their minds they are always the poor faction so they can get more of it.
    Most of the children play Horde but hey can't argue with horde fanboys.

Quote Originally Posted by mostvp71 View Post
    You don't see it from the alliance PoV, assuming you play horde (your avatar). There are "gank squads" of horde that go EVERYWHERE no matter the zone old or new content just to camp lowbies, people farming, people leveling. You say 30% is too much, but you're not taking that into account it's a high risk/reward situation. You don't wanna risk being camped for hours? Don't turn it on, because it does happen people do indeed do that (kill quest npcs, kill npcs in general, camp areas where you are questing.)

I personally turn mine on because I enjoy PvP, I like the thought of fighting vs another persons main or alts no matter the level, it's why I play WoW. In WM, horde and alliance don't share tags either so you have to wait for quest mobs etc and usually that leads to fighting especially when one faction outnumbers the other so you have to wait 2-3 mins to kill the mob only and even then there's a chance more come up and kill you before you can kill the mob, taking your tag.

Play Alliance, level a toon you will see why the 30% is there.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess you never went to Thrallmar as a Horde player.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mostvp71 View Post
    Sry from my experience is the other way around.

7+ Year Old Account
    I guess you never went to Thrallmar as a Horde player.

- - - Updated - - -

Sry from my experience is the other way around.
    Lol, idk if it's different on EU realms but Honor Hold is constantly swamped with Horde on US realms. There are never Alliance there unless they're headhunting someone who killed their alt.

War mode should have more rewards in achivements. There are a lot of achivement hunters. Actually everyone farmed 1k honor in every zone in 8.0.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Blizzard increased it so people would join up. They did. Working as intended for the most part.

However... in reality, the problem is primarily at endgame, not in leveling content. So it's great for people leveling, sure, but it doesn't do much at max level... IMHO.
    The opposite. The problem is when leveling, since there is no protection based on level, most of the time you have people of way to higher lvl ganking everything everywhere they go.
    Yesterday night i was leveling in lakeshire and the town was camped by 2 horde char, couldn't see the lvl but judging from hp they where likely at least 90. Was impossibile to turn in quests since i got oneshotted each time i go near them, and due to the insane lvl difference, there was no fight.
    I think warmode should be capped in a range of 5-10 lvl max, outside of that you should be protected, to get a reasonable chance of a fair fight. This should be world pvp when leveling.
    Even with the very lucrative 30% bonus, i keep it off most of the time. The amount of time spent die endlessly just to turn in a few quest is hardly compensated by the bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    I guess we could just have a queue for war mode and lock out 80% of the Horde until enough Alliance show up. TBH, that seems like a more fair outcome, but at the same time, it's not really a lot of fun for the Horde, now is it?
    It should already be like this, with sharding blizz can control how many player of each faction are in a certain place.

We dont compliant about the Alliance players numbers.
    We complaint you got 30% bonus on everything and us 10% for the same thing! Period. Why you should get more for the same thing???

The buff is there is hopefully draw out mode Alliance into WM. Do you not understand this?

Can you prove that?
    Now Alliance outnumber us but im fine with that. I just don't think for the same content you guys get more 20% then me doing the same things in the World.
    Alliance don't outnumber Horde. The WM % is based upon active population counts. If Horde outnumbered Alliance then the WM % would drop.

If you don't like that Alliance currently gets more from WM, you should probably switch to Alliance.

The WM % is based upon active population counts. If Horde outnumbered Alliance then the WM % would drop.
    If you believe that, I have a bridge to sell you.

I've been getting ganked by Alliance camping quest spots/flight paths for a while now. Most of my guild has disabled war-mode because of it. I see a hell of a lot more Horde with war-mode off now as opposed to the start of the expansion. It's a bullshit unfair advantage and can never be fair. You get more rewards for doing the same thing. There is no way Horde can catch up regardless of how much we outnumber you. It's not a fair "system".

If you don't like that Alliance currently gets more from WM, you should probably switch to Alliance.
    If you didn't like that Horde got 10% basically for free, why didn't you switch to Horde?

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post

I've been getting ganked by Alliance camping quest spots/flight paths for a while now. Most of my guild has disabled war-mode because of it. I see a hell of a lot more Horde with war-mode off now as opposed to the start of the expansion. It's a bullshit unfair advantage and can never be fair. You get more rewards for doing the same thing. There is no way Horde can catch up regardless of how much we outnumber you. It's not a fair "system".

If you didn't like that Horde got 10% basically for free, why didn't you switch to Horde?

Don't worry friend, atleast we kill bosses in a reasonable timespan. Them alliance players are so busy camping tortollan quests, that they have 12 guilds in the top 100 Legit worthless faction, gonna be hella good to kill jaina.

A lot of people did, that's why there's an imbalance in the first place. Preserving that status quo was causing world pvp to slide into nonexistence, because it wasn't Horde vs Alliance, it was Horde vs nobody. So no pvp was happening really.

For example when I check the full pop servers in my region, there are 4 horde dominated servers, 1 alliance one, and 1 rp-pve server that is alliance-favoured, but rp servers shard separately anyway. There are many more big horde servers than alliance, so pretty sure horde has the sheer number advantage, especially when 1 "full" server can have more players than 30 "low" pop servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    A lot of people did, that's why there's an imbalance in the first place. .
    Lol. 10 chars.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Imagine Blizzard being so bad at making the game that the entire pvp community switches factions every expansion depending on where the most op racials are.
    Imagine players being such sheep that they're willing to fork over money to make that switch on top of a sub fee.

I don't think you understand how the WM % works. It's based upon the overall active player population on the server, not the number of players that turn on WM itself. And I see larger groups of both factions in WM but I still see more Horde in WM than Alliance. And let's be honest here, Horde have outnumbered and still outnumber Alliance for the most part so the WM% increase has effectively increased to Alliance participation in not to the extent that you think it has.

I never said anything about Horde getting 10% for 'free' so why would I switch to Horde?