Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Patch 8.1 Hotfixes - January 10, 2019

Patch 8.1 Hotfixes - January 10, 2019
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Island Expeditions
    • Developers’ notes: Following up on recent community feedback that we requested, a number of quality-of-life concerns led us to changes that we intend to address many frustrating combat experiences with certain Island ecologies.
    • Azerite-themed enemies
      • Enemies now prefer not to use Resonant Burst, Resonant Shield, and Volatile Geyser when a nearby enemy has recently used the ability.
      • Reduced the number of Resonant Focus orbs created per cast of Resonant Burst to 2 orbs (was 4).
      • Removed the Knockback component of Resonant Backlash (triggered from Resonant Shield) on Normal and Heroic difficulties.
      • Reduced the Knockback magnitude of Resonant Focus orbs on Normal and Heroic difficulties.
      • Volatile Eruption's disorient effect (triggered from Volatile Geyser) has been reduced to 1 second on Normal and Heroic difficulties, and reduced to 2 seconds on Mythic difficulty (was 3 seconds).
    • Kvaldir enemies
      • Greatly reduced the magnitude of the two visibility-impacting effects (Fetid Mist, Eerie Fog) triggered from the Kvaldir invasion.
    • Musken and Yak enemies
      • Removed the knockback effect from Ram.
      • Trample damage reduced by about 50% and is now melee defense.

Player versus Player
    • Druid (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
      • Balance

• Celestial Alignment increases damage of your spells by 10% when engaged in combat with enemy players (was 15%).
        • Incarnation: Chosen of Elune increases damage of your spells by 20% when engaged in combat with enemy players (was 25%).
        • Shooting Stars now generates 2 Astral Power when engaged in combat with enemy players (was 4 Astral Power).

• Monk (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
      • Mistweaver
        • Surging Mist (PvP Talent) mana cost increased to 3.8% of base mana (was 2% of base mana), and healing reduced by 20%.
        • Way of the Crane (PvP Talent) increases physical damage by 25% (was 35%), and now heals for 150% of damage dealt (was 200%).

• Shaman (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
      • Elemental
        • Earth Shock damage reduced by 10% when engaged in combat with enemy players.
        • Stormbringer increases Lightning Bolt damage by 115% when engaged in combat with enemy players (was 125%).
        • Surge of Power can now cause up to an additional 2 Lightning Bolt overloads against enemy players (was 3 additional overloads).

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Regeneratin' (Zandalari racial)
    On the PTR, Regeneratin’ should now stop channeling upon taking damage. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

15+ Year Old Account
    No changes to stun and interrupt DR? Rip, guess I'll keep enjoying the 30 second cc chain from the dark iron team.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thank god; the Azerite mobs on the islands were beyond annoying.

Nerfing the yaks but not nerfing the new op necromancer mobs?

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    No changes to stun and interrupt DR? Rip, guess I'll keep enjoying the 30 second cc chain from the dark iron team.
    I guess that's the same team that is Mag'har Orcs for Alliance, in that case, nerf the DK guy, he has so much self healing MDI candidates would feel jealous.

zandalari racial was OP as fuck now its completely worthless in pvp and useless overall. better not have a DoT on ya. they just couldn't balance it, they just had to fuck it away.

Quote Originally Posted by craigw View Post
    zandalari racial was OP as fuck now its completely worthless in pvp and useless overall. better not have a DoT on ya. they just couldn't balance it, they just had to fuck it away.
    I guess the first tick will always be applied (please correct if i'm wrong), so that's still an instant 25% heal on 1.5min cooldown.

10+ Year Old Account
    i really liked BfA. but i happily collect things and when i look at island expeditions.. i just cannot bring myself to log in for that or anything atm.

they should rework or scrap regeneratin'.

15+ Year Old Account
    That didn't take long to get regeneratin' nerfed. Expecting even more nerfs soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    I guess the first tick will always be applied (please correct if i'm wrong), so that's still an instant 25% heal on 1.5min cooldown.
    Even if damage stops the healing, classes that have ways to clear themselves from Dots, or have ways to become imune will still benefit from the full healing. It should be 25% over 4s, and it would still be usefull (not enough to warrant race changes maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    While on the subject of strong racials in PvP can we at least mention the fact that there are more Orcs above 2200 in arena than there are alliance players in total.

Quote Originally Posted by sylenna View Post
    i really liked BfA. but i happily collect things and when i look at island expeditions.. i just cannot bring myself to log in for that or anything atm.
    I hear ya. There's a limit to how grindy a grind can be. If goal seems reachable, I do it. If it's too far away, I just stop doing it altogether.

No joke, Iceblock into full heal is just too good not to change my race for my mage. Let's wait for the final version tho.

Zandalari got nice animations my druid and Ret definitely changing over to Zandalari. And I don't like horde but these trolls are hard to resist.

Quote Originally Posted by Elidan456 View Post
    No joke, Iceblock into full heal is just too good not to change my race for my mage. Let's wait for the final version tho.
    I would think you can't channel the while ice blocked. Doesn't ice block apply a stun aura to the player while the spell is up?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post

I guess that's the same team that is Mag'har Orcs for Alliance, in that case, nerf the DK guy, he has so much self healing MDI candidates would feel jealous.
    Not sure, haven't done much alliance islands. It's the monk / hunter / DK team. They have 3 stuns, binding shot, 3 interrupts and they heal a bunch.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by craigw View Post
    Still the instant 25% though.... Kicks the Dranei Racial in the balls, for a very long period of time before pausing for a little bit then goes back and continues to kick it in the balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Elidan456 View Post
    you mean like the old iceblock where u heal when u used it all the way up???

hahahah the channel ability wont work.

But bubble turtle shield and u can channel it.

Quote Originally Posted by GMZohar1 View Post
    Still the instant 25% though.... Kicks the Dranei Racial in the balls, for a very long period of time before pausing for a little bit then goes back and continues to kick it in the balls.
    Best of luck to you using the ztroll racial on another party member without triggering the gcd.

Double tap Iceblock to remove any dots you may have while you are LOS from target, then you channel.