Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    The irony is astounding....
    Much like how the guy suggesting people ignore something can't seem to take his own advice.

I posted about something that bugged me. That in no way implied any form of armageddon or faulty software. That line of thinking can go fuck itself off a cliff.

Bungie’s best work was always done solo. Microsoft and Activision both screwed them over.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Much like how the guy suggesting people ignore something can't seem to take his own advice.

I posted about something that bugged me. That in no way implied any form of armageddon or faulty software. That line of thinking can go fuck itself off a cliff.
    If you say so...

Quote Originally Posted by kritisk View Post
    Bungie’s best work was always done solo. Microsoft and Activision both screwed them over.
    yeah it was totally activision that told them to have no voice chat in thier 2018 online multiplayer game

they're one hit wonders with halo 1 like vanilla ice and ice ice baby

15+ Year Old Account
    It seems that many people do not understand the structure of Activision Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    yeah it was totally activision that told them to have no voice chat in thier 2018 online multiplayer game
    Rather myopic viewpoint when talking about a company this old. I’m talking about their property creation, not specific to one game. But yes, it was created while under Activision’s banner just as them putting crap halo stuff out after they’d been in ms for a while.

they're one hit wonders with halo 1 like vanilla ice and ice ice baby
    Marathon and Myth were pretty sweet games back in the day for people that didn't own real gaming PCs.

Rather myopic viewpoint when talking about a company this old. I’m talking about their property creation, not specific to one game. But yes, it was created while under Activision’s banner just as them putting crap halo stuff out after they’d been in ms for a while.
    so why did they accept to partner up with activision if they didnt need them and they just wanted corporate overlords?

If you partner up with the devil, why would you blame the devil?

so why did they accept to partner up with activision if they didnt need them and they just wanted corporate overlords?

If you partner up with the devil, why would you blame the devil?
    None of this relates to my observation from my viewpoint. I’m not a fan of whataboutism.

None of this relates to my observation from my viewpoint. I’m not a fan of whataboutism.
    well im sorry but im not an executive producer that sits in on the meetings where we would know this information.

Thankfully though MOST people are aware this is a gaming forum and all opinions are just that, opinions and we dont need to spell out what is fact and fiction.

that all good mr whataboutism?

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Marathon and Myth were pretty sweet games back in the day for people that didn't own real gaming PCs.

Marathon was the best story driven game of its type. So many forget that series. Halo was awesome as originally developed and shown and was changed a bit before release. Then ms decided to milk the cow dry. Such a shame. I wish Bungie could get back to their small developer with character driven stories with depth.

- - - Updated - - -

well im sorry but im not an executive producer that sits in on the meetings where we would know this information.

Thankfully though MOST people are aware this is a gaming forum and all opinions are just that, opinions and we dont need to spell out what is fact and fiction.

that all good mr whataboutism?

Go pick a fight elsewhere sunshine. Grind ye olde axe elsewhere. You’re just being contrarian to be such.

Go pick a fight elsewhere sunshine. Grind ye olde axe elsewhere. You’re just being contrarian to be such.
    and you're being nit picky trying to prove a point like we should secretly be co-workers breaking their non disclosure agreements to have an opinion on an anonymous forum. Have a good night x

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    This will be a case study for what Activision's influence is.

If Destiny 2 or potentially 3, displays a dramatic positive shift, we can correlate that they are exercising freedom they did not have previous under Activision.

If Destiny 2 or potentially 3, remains mostly the same, then we can correlate that Activision was not the ironfisted tyrant it is made out to be.

If Destiny 2 or potentially 3, makes a dramatically negative shift, we can correlate that Bungie is in over their heads and Activision was helping them maintain a course.

None of this is fact, but it would be interesting to see if we can detect any influence or lack of influence from Activision.
    But neither of those options is really how it works, how would you know that bad or good stuff in a expansion or a destiny 3 is not ideas that came from their work with Activision, expansion and games are planed and worked on for such a long time before they get announced.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is all part of an elaborate plan to sell copies of Destiny 3.

I understand why people dont like it though. Because its an obvious cheap marketing tactic.

Its kinda insulting in a way. You know destiny 2 exists and they literally give it away for free to try hook you in.

Marketing just sucks plain and simple when you are "woke" to its practices. And a lot of gamers/computer fans are OCD and dont like the needless clutter and like a clean UI
    With CoD on it let alone the inability to remove games I dont care for, there will be no clean UI. In general I find the store design lack luster. Slow moving as typical of Blizzard while missing that functional polish.

On one hand it looks like Blizzard protesting against Activision wanting to use their launcher/store system to run their games while on the other hand showing a lack of care to make a system to better accommodate both players and other developers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    This is all part of an elaborate plan to sell copies of Destiny 3.
    It puts it at a more interesting point IMO. Currently the community is split on this. Many who want a separate stand alone version want to put D2 behind them with a fresh start and then build upon that with expansions. While those who want an expansion system want old content and rewards to still be accessible. Unfortunately a segment of those are ignorant to think big changes like weapon systems and class changes would never have happened in an expansion like system despite other games like WoW doing just that. WoW even removes contents and systems as well now in order to generate Fear Of Missing Out(FOMO) to keep players subscribed that has been a hot topic with Destiny2.

Looking at the changes in keeping monthly active player numbers up the devs on both Blizzard and Bungie have been making feels like they have the same number cruncher telling them what to do.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2019-01-11 at 09:23 AM.

Deleted
    Run, Bungie, run. They are right behind you. Freeeeeedom!

10+ Year Old Account
    Will be interesting to see their first game and how well it does. The reality is that Activision cares more about investors than gamers what is really obvious when looking at their games.

I say this is something Bungie would've wanted to do for a while, simply using activision as a stepping stone towards a larger playerbase on multiple platforms and now with activision stock this low it seems a great time to go for it.

Someone on PCgamer phrased it rather well;

"From personal observation it seems like recently Activision is becoming increasingly bottom line driven...

Watching the decisions made relating to Blizzard's IPs, I get the distinct feeling that performing well simply isn't good enough anymore. That either for Activision you are printing money or you're a failure.

This reads like Bungie was comfortable with putting out what they considered a solid product even if it wasn't what Activision was hoping for financially.

Personally, assuming this is the case I wish Bungie the best. The direction they have been pushing Blizzard in has been painful for me to watch."

What is the reason acti-blizz dropped Heroes of the storm, the game was rather profitable but it simply did not produce enough to their liking.
    Last edited by Acidbaron; 2019-01-11 at 11:29 AM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    I never would've gotten destiny 2 if it weren't on the b.net launcher.

I won't get destiny 3 if it's not, that is for sure. It's a huge loss in playerbase.
    Nonsense. I'm pretty sure that more people use Steam than those who use the Battle.net launcher. The Steam community is around 90 million active monthly players as of October 2018, with a concurrent active player base of upwards of 15 million people at any given time. That's a lot more than the combined number of players who play Blizzard and Activision games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    I never would've gotten destiny 2 if it weren't on the b.net launcher.

I won't get destiny 3 if it's not, that is for sure. It's a huge loss in playerbase.
    meanwhile im the other way around, id love if destiny got into steam, because i fucking hate bnet launcher.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Amazing. Now it's about time that Blizzard does the same before it drives them into the ground.

I'm excited for Bungie's future.
    How is that going to work? Correct me if i'm wrong, but Bungie was just being published by Activision, it wasn't actually bought out in the way Blizzard is. Blizzard can't leave Activision, because they're owned, no?