Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Lightbulb Allied race heritage armor. My solution:

Most of us loved the concept of allied races on paper. Seldom does anyone complain about more character customization. But leveling over and over and over can get old, devaluing the payout of heritage armor. I propose an alternative to the slog of leveling to 110 on every single new allied race.

Race specific quest/world requirements, unique to each race. Examples:

Dark Iron Dwarf:
    Explore Burning Steppes
    Complete Molten Core
    Visit the Firelands
    Complete Blackrock Depths while keeping the Bronzebeard dwarf at the final boss alive
    Address Moira Thassaurian in Ironforge
    Etc.

Void Elf:
    Complete the Ethereum quests in Outland
    Complete the Seat of the Triumverate
    Visit Alleria's statue in Stormwind
    Etc.

Mag'har Orc:
    Complete the Nagrand quests in Outland
    Complete all Warlords of Draenor zone quests
    See the death of Garrosh Hellscream
    Complete the Black Morass in the Caverns of Time, see your people from this timeline come to Azeroth
    Etc.

Lightforged Draenei:
    Speak with Velen, learn of your peoples' hardships
    Complete all of the Outland quests
    Visit Azuremyst Isle
    Visit Shattrah on both Outland and alternate Draenor
    Etc.

These are just a few examples. Obviously, things can be altered to the desired time-sink by Blizzard and can range across all levels to an extent (to make leveling still relevant to the experience). But the whole point of these races are that they are semi-established in current lore and seen throughout various zones, dungeons, and raids. Thus, it shouldn't be difficult to find content to suppor this.

Why not tie in the requirements to the actual 'heritage' of the race, similarly to how the Bronzebeard and Blood Elf armors are done, but with more time involved?

I think this would make things more interesting, and less repetitious. It may even give the player a sense of feeling connected with the character and give them a sense of investment.

Let me know what you all think.

10+ Year Old Account
    No thanks.

This is a more pain in the ass than the current way.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    "Mag'har Orc:
    Complete the Black Morass in the Caverns of Time, see your people from this timeline come to Azeroth" - This one makes no sense

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by P5YKO-TP View Post
    No thanks.

You enjoy having to do the same thing 4-8 times for a strictly cosmetic reward?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    "Mag'har Orc:
    Complete the Black Morass in the Caverns of Time, see your people from this timeline come to Azeroth" - This one makes no sense
    See the orcs from the current timeline come to Azeroth. It's also just an example, feel free to throw it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlore View Post
    You enjoy having to do the same thing 4-8 times for a strictly cosmetic reward?
    Yes, because I don't mind doing it.

However, if they could add choice to it? To do it your way or the current way, by all means.

Yes, because I don't mind doing it.

However, if they could add choice to it? To do it your way or the current way, by all means.
    A choice would be a good compromise!

What's the buzz-word? 'Player choice'?
    Last edited by Grimlore; 2019-01-11 at 05:33 PM.

Yes please, give us quests for allied races to get heritages the same way as dwarves and blood elves.

No thanks.

Lol... 1 hour questing is more pain in the ass than leveling 90 levels?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlore View Post
    Most of us loved the concept of allied races on paper. Seldom does anyone complain about more character customization. But leveling over and over and over can get old, devaluing the payout of heritage armor. I propose an alternative to the slog of leveling to 110 on every single new allied race.

Race specific quest/world requirements, unique to each race. Examples:

SNIP
    Interesting idea OP. I enjoy that it would make you explore and makes some old world stuff relevant even if we're just face rolling through it.

No thanks.

How is it more of a pain in the ass when you should basically have all these done already?
    If you take the wings off of a fly, is it a walk?

No thanks, i prefer the current way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felmourn View Post
    Interesting idea OP. I enjoy that it would make you explore and makes some old world stuff relevant even if we're just face rolling through it.

How is it more of a pain in the ass when you should basically have all these done already?
    Well, if the achievements you already have would be account-wide for this? Then yeah, I'd get behind it.

I took it as you had to do all that with the allied race to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    No thanks, i prefer the current way.
    I hope people who answer something like this are some of the people that actually care to acquire heritages, because if you don't care about them, this answer is just trolling the players who actually care.

How many allied races heritages you have? How many you plan to do?

I have 2 and i want to get the other six. I would love them to have the same requirements as dwarves and blood elves have today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    I hope people who answer something like this are people that actually care to acquire heritages.

How many allied races heritages you have? How many you plan to do? Because if you don't care about them, this answer doesn't help at all.

I have 2 and i want to get the other six. I would love them to have the same requirements as dwarves and blood elves have today.
    I have all sets except for LF and Void, as they don't interest me (nor do I play alliance anymore).

I just assumed that doing all this stuff required doing it AGAIN on an allied race.. However, if it counts account-wide, I don't mind the change.

Deleted
    I hope people who answer something like this are some of the people that actually care to acquire heritages, because if you don't care about them, this answer is just trolling the players who actually care.

How many allied races heritages you have? How many you plan to do?

Thats just the difference between allied and normal race, Maybe after the Expansion Ends.

Ohterwise my solution -> Level them allied races to get them heritages, no Need to rant and cry over everything in this game. Or just don`t do it, thats up to you.

I don't hate this idea, but I like the leveling requirement because it really does give some incentive to play the allied race and level them as supposed to race changing. Personally I feel more connected to a character I've leveled as supposed to boosted/race changed. Leveling really isn't that bad either with a good leveling addon and some podcasts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, make people want to hate the game even more with those options.

Quote Originally Posted by Echoherb View Post
    I don't hate this idea, but I like the leveling requirement because it really does give some incentive to play the allied race and level them as supposed to race changing. Personally I feel more connected to a character I've leveled as supposed to boosted/race changed. Leveling really isn't that bad either with a good leveling addon and some podcasts.
    Having requirements span from, say, old world to the broken isles could still make leveling a factor. But I think having a mix or a choice would make this a better compromise.

I don't mind leveling either, but at this point I find myself hard-pressed to do it again after doing it for 5 allied races.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Averrix View Post
    Wow, make people want to hate the game even more with those options.
    Why don't you like it?

Why do people come up with solutions to things that arent even a fucking problem?

Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    Why do people come up with solutions to things that arent even a fucking problem?
    Just because you disagree doesn't mean it is invalid.

I hope people who answer something like this are people that actually care to acquire heritages.

How many allied races heritages you have? How many you plan to do? Because if you don't care about them, this answer doesn't help at all.

I have Mag'har, Dark iron and HM.
    Another two coming - Kul'tirans and Zandalari.

I usually lvl them in a new spec or race/class combo i never experienced before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or, just do how it is now, that is fine by me.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..